Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" (17448 Views)

Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government / Edo Government Revokes C-of-O Of Obaseki, Odubu, Ihonvbere’s Choice Properties / Edo Government Seeks Oshiomhole’s Arrest And Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Duru1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
ernieboy:

the entire Edo south is Benin kingdom.

I guess not only Edo South but Edo North. It is unfortunate most Nigerians tend to insult the intelligence of others.
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

Ogbia is an Ijaw clan, don't disgrace yourself everybody belongs to a clan before an ethnic group, its like saying Obasanjo is an Ijebu and not a yoruba

I have noticed you. You speak foolishness with great confidence online.
Do you know the difference between Ijoid and Edoid language families ? Educate yourself. Ogbia is derived from Edoid and not Ijoid family of Niger Congo languages.
Just because GEJ's tribe is in Bayelsa does not make them Ijaw people. You might as well say everybody in Kaduna is Hausa.
Stop engaging me online with your ignorance. I want to discuss with people who have knowledge.

Read the linked article.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by ernieboy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

A kingdom can't comprise of different ethnicities unless you mean an empire, which doesn't exist in modern Nigeria
the other ethnicities in edo south are settlers, it does not matter how long they have been allowed to settle, it does not change the fact that the land belongs to the Binis, Edo south does not have other ethnicities, only Bini people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Do you know the difference between Ijoid and Edoid language families ? Educate yourself. Ogbia is Edoid and not Ijoid family of Niger Congo languages.
Stop engaging me online with your ignorance. I want to discuss with people who have knowledge.

Read the linked article.
You are wrong again, ethnicity isnt only based on language its based on ancestry thats why an Akoko man will still be Yoruba despite the fact they have a distinct language, most Ogbia-Ijaw people speak the central-delta language Ogbia alongside the IJAW language(nembe dialect ), the founders of ogbia wer an Ijaw men Okoroma and Oloi , Goodluck Jonathan has never identified as any other thing apart from Ijaw, another popular Ogbia-Ijaw man was melford Okilo who was the first elected Rivers Ijaw governor in the old Rivers state.... try another one

1 Like

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
ernieboy:

the other ethnicities in edo south are settlers, it does not matter how long they have been allowed to settle, it does not change the fact that the land belongs to the Binis, Edo south does not have other ethnicities, only Bini people.
You keep saying settlers, where they also settlers in The old western Nigeria or its after the creation of edo state they became settlers?
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AxxeMan: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Do you know the difference between Ijoid and Edoid language families ? Educate yourself. [b]Ogbia is derived from Edoid [/b]and not Ijoid family of Niger Congo languages.
Just because GEJ's tribe is in Bayelsa does not make them Ijaw people. You might as well say everybody in Kaduna is Hausa.

Read the linked article.

We can as well say Jonathan was an Edo man...... Cas e closed!! Nor mind dat jobless niggaa
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

We can as well say Jonathan was an Edo man...... Cas e closed!! Nor mind dat jobless niggaa

Actually Jonathans roots are in Edo, if you go from anthropology.

The true Ijaws are in a different group entirely from other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta. If you have noticed even their language is totally different from others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by jbhitler(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
well,wars are not won in the media but in the field.benin kingdom will become history if they try and go to war with Ijaws.i tell you,one week will be too much to take of benin.you can doubt me,i am very sure of what i am saying.watch out.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AxxeMan: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Actually Jonathans roots are in Edo, if you go from anthropology.

The true Ijaws are in a different group entirely from other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta. If you have noticed even their language is totally different from others

Guy I dey feel you, ride on nothing do you
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Hahaha attacheee go and tell goodluck hes an edo man or you think any edo person will understand ogbia a central delta language not an edoid language, the founders of Ogbia wer Ijaw men Okoroma and Oloi Goodluck speaks Ijaw fluently , well success will always have friends
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by ernieboy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

You keep saying settlers, where they also settlers in The old western Nigeria or its after the creation of edo state they became settlers?
everyone who were accommodated in Edo south whether under the old western region, or Midwestern are all settlers. qed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
ernieboy:

everyone who were accommodated in Edo south whether under the old western region, or Midwestern are all settlers. qed
You haven't proven anything, if they're settlers you should have your documents of ownership and also show the time frame when the "settlers" settled
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by xmich(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
MrMcJay:
If soldiers come into a shrine, destroy the shrine and the gods are either unable to prevent the invasion or avenge the destruction of the shrine, such god is not worthy of worship.

I think you should worship the soldiers who are more powerful than the gods and could destroy them.

If unknown gun men enters a church and massacre worshipers and the church God did nothing then such God should not be worshiped rather church goers should worship the gunmen, vice versa to the Muslim.
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Do you know the difference between Ijoid and Edoid language families ? Educate yourself. Ogbia is derived from Edoid and not Ijoid family of Niger Congo languages.

Read the linked article.
Ogbia is central-delta language not edoid
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edoid_languages
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Lugar14(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
What went wrong, the two ethnic group use to live peacefully with each other. Which way Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Ojiofor: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
This are the ijaw backyard kings grin grin grin

Look how they dress like Oba of Benin and later turn around and try and insult the same Edo people they copy and look up to, this miscreants are really lost grin grin grin grin grin grin

Give credit to catholic bishops not Oba of Benin who copied the catholic Bishop's vestment.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2017
Lugar14:
What went wrong, the two ethnic group use to live peacefully with each other. Which way Nigeria
Stinginess my brother, the bini man wants to take the Ijaw mans land because there is oil and sea route, and since the governor is now an extension of the obas palace hes trying to implement Anti-Ijaw policies, now the bini are calling Ijaw(the oldest group in the Niger delta) settlers.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AxxeMan: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
Lugar14:

Enogie dey gelegele to oversee the whole community for centuries they didn't have a problem until one bastard from gbaramatu for delta con dey pump mind give dem say make dem do coup- d'tat now they have lost it all they have to go back to bayelsa..

How will the ijaws wanto fight with thier elder brothers the Edo's?
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by back2sender: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Binis and Ijaws have been living side by side together for centuries - so why all this nonsense at this time?
Ask Ijaw people the question.
Very unruly set of people, only dem Sam has fought with every tribe in nigeria,YES you heard me right Nigeria!.
Their son Jonah threw the whole country to the dogs, destroyed the nation's economy by opening the cbn vault to criminals who looted Nigeria Into coma.
Ijaws land is in bayelsa only, They will see hellfire in Edo state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
but y will d Edo government want to destroy d ijaws people shrine, angry

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
back2sender:

Very unruly set of people, only dem Sam has fought with every tribe in nigeria,YES you heard me right Nigeria!.
Their son Jonah threw the whole country to the dogs, destroyed the nation's economy by opening the cbn vault to criminals who looted Nigeria Into coma.
wat are u even saying, ijaws can be found in Rivers State Akwa Ibom, Ondo and so on stop behaving like someone who just came back frm yaba left undecided dey will not see anything instead d land of prostution and humans traffickers will burn to d ground, if it is war u edo traffickers want, den it is war u pussy sellers will get.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AxxeMan: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
back2sender:

Nobody go tell dem make dem run go bayelsa
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Enogie dey gelegele to oversee the whole community for centuries they didn't have a problem until one bastard from gbaramatu for delta con dey pump mind give dem say make dem do coup- d'tat now they have lost it all they have to go back to bayelsa..

How will the ijaws wanto fight with thier elder brothers the Edo's?
When the time reach, I pray that you will be ready

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AxxeMan: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

Fvvvck Jew.... Oya enta bush
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Fvvvck Jew.... Oya enta bush
u pussy sellers and human traffickers I hope wen d War u people are calling 4 start, u will be dere to fight it.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
Jesse01:
wat are u even saying, ijaws can be found in Rivers State Akwa Ibom, Ondo and so on stop behaving like someone who just came back frm yaba left undecided
I minabo balafama, the entire Edo state Ijaw isnt on their own, I thank God this is coming at a time the entire Ijaw nation is united.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by MrMcJay(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

i hope boko haram destroys the shyt out of your churches like they are used to doing in the North.

useless powerless jesus the jew who couldnt save himself.what will he save us from?

Don't worry, I'll ask Rochas to appoint you the Commissioner for Frustration.
Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

I minabo balafama, the entire Edo state Ijaw isnt on their own, I thank God this is coming at a time the entire Ijaw nation is united.
broda don't sweat,it dis Edo traffickers are jokers, if dey think d other ijaws will just fold dere hands and wash dere brothers being push by dis edo traffickers, den dey are living in pretence.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by odigbosky(m): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

from the way you have time to do copy and paste on every ijaw issue regarding Olodiama it shows that you just finished secondary school and jamb did not give you admission. The painful part is that you are not even from Olodiama and you will never join the 2000 warriors of the ijaws that will be coming to hold a peaceful demonstration in Benin during our Igue festival which is a festival of Peace to usher in the new year. We will take care of our Edo ijaws and treat them well as citizens of this country and i repeat nothing any ijaw man from the creeks in Ondo to the swamps in Akwa Ibom can do about it except to rant online. This is not a militancy issue, this is not bursting of pipe line issue, this is a land issue and it is a totally different scenario boy.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by AdaFonju: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Jesse01:
broda don't sweat,it dis Edo traffickers are jokers, if dey think d other ijaws will just fold dere hands and wash dere brothers push by dis edo traffickers, den dey are living in pretence.
Don't mind the evil set of people, they're so jealous of Ijaw people, especially Dr Goodluck Jonathan, because he and other IJAWS are attaining heights they can only dream of. The Niger delta is now synonymous with Ijaw while they are still taking pride in an imaginary empire that has been relegated to the pages of dusty worm-ridden books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by diadem10: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Jesse01:
wat are u even saying, ijaws can be found in Rivers State Akwa Ibom, Ondo and so on stop behaving like someone who just came back frm yaba left undecided dey will not see anything instead d land of prostution and humans traffickers will burn to d ground, if it is war u edo traffickers want, den it is war u pussy sellers will get.

Doesn't make them aborigine. They are all settlers! All the land treatise with the British never had any Ijaws in Ondo or Edo state. Get your fact right.

How did you even explain the itsekiri demarcation between the Ijaws in Delta and those in Edo and Ondo states? Lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw: "Edo Government Planning To Destroy Our Shrine, Deploy Soldiers" by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
AdaFonju:

Don't mind the evil set of people, they're so jealous of Ijaw people, especially Dr Goodluck Jonathan, because he and other IJAWS are attaining heights they can only dream of. The Niger delta is now synonymous with Ijaw while they are still taking pride in an imaginary empire that has been relegated to the pages of dusty worm-ridden books
lol by dusty worm ridden books cheesy

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My EFCC Travails Began – Maurice Iwu / Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs / Abuja High Court Declined To Stop Obiano- See Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.