Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

"Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... (1849 Views)

Lady Fights Man For Refusing To Pay After Rounds Of Sex (Video) / Hooker Fights Man Who Refused To Pay After Sex On Christmas Day / Malawian Prostitute Disgraces Man Publicly For Refusing To Pay After Sex. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by omochelsea004(m): 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi nairalanders, i am so so sad right now & i am in a state of depression, in my entire life i have never experienced being broke, but now i am broke beyond imaging! not that i was that big before, but at least i was ok & living very fine as there was nothing i need that i couldn't afford.
I am a young guy in my late 20s & i am a kind of person that really believe in hardwork, than trying to be preying on others, or trying to be rich at the expense of my fellow human beings, in short laziness & i are antonyms as we have nothing in common, we are words & opposite, there is no legal job i can't do to survive, no matter how stressful/tedious it could be, so far it is legal.
i was only unlucky not to be a graduate (i don't want to go into details) but i have ND in SLT with upper credit & again i am an operator (catapillar operator). I am a kind of guy that also believe in life goal, but sadly there is nothing i av been able to achieve, no matter how i try, no matter the sacrifice, whereas i will be seeing people that doesn't even care about tomorrow talkless of future, people that are the real definition of laziness making remarkable progress around me, this makes me really wonder if hardwork truly pays.
For example, before gaining admission into polytechnic, i worked as labourer in one road construction company & at the same time learn how to operate one of the heavy duty machines (excavator), & i managed to save out of the 800 naira i was been paid per day, during my ND days, i used the savings to start up game centre (ps2) business which makes me feel really comfortable throughout till i concluded my ND program, after my ND i was employed as operator in another company with good salary as at then (50k) 2013, so i started saving again with the aim of setting up a viewing centre business, i later spent all my savings on the business hoping that it would be there for me, i spent over 400k but at the end of everything shortage upon shortage five straight months, no customer, i had to close it down & accept my loss. After then I will try & safe money hoping to invest in something big & lucrative because i knw my job as an operator is not safe with all these road construction company owned by Lebanese, there is no job security, they can fire u any time any day for no offence at all, but whenever it looks as if am getting closer to my aim, something will happen like stood off, or getting sacked & everything will just go like that, not once not twice not thrice i don't really understand, & i don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't party, i don't go clubbing, just neutral being, i don't really understand, at times i will have to work as casual / labourer without any form of shame where i once worked as an operator earing 4k as wages per week.
In 2015 i was lucky to be recruited into one of the paramilitaries as an Assistant Inspector, given appointment letter, service number, undergone training, i was really happy that finally hardwork pays & fortune smile at me, only to be dispersed unceremoniously without any reason whatsoever, it was like hell let lose, after that i tried to move on so i collected taxi to be paying deliver everyday, i will work from morning till night, all i will realise is money to deliver to the owner plus money to buy fuel for d next day & i myself will go home with 400, 500, at most 600, driving from morning till late evening (the most awful of it all) i couldn't continue like that so i had to return the car to d owner, after staying jobless for some month God blessed me with the best job of my life (that federal job would have been the best but it doesn't stay) far more better than those Lebanese companies, wage of 5k per day (irony of life: i was being paid 800 naira per day for same kind of job somewhere else in the past) but not quite long (6 months ago) the machine broke down due to lack of maintenance on the part of the owner & everything turned upside down again, upon all my sacrifices, all my hardwork, all my effort for better future, running here & there, trying hard to hold on to something really rewarding, here am i at the end being broke which i av never experienced before, i have nothing left in the acc & no dime at hand, no job presently, trying to find alternative but all seems not working at the moment, no where to even work as casual, i don't know what to do, after much thinking & thinking, i come of the opinion that hardwork doesn't guarantee success because if only hardwork does i would have been very successful in life today & it saddens my heart seeing lazy people making it whereas it is clearly stated in bible that "no food for lazy man", but ironically the lazy people are the ones eating better food while many hardworking people starve, "maybe hardwork doesn't pay anyway"
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Airforce1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
I pray help comes your way soon
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
Who Wants To Read All These Lamentations? Na Waec essay?
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Dycaptain(m): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
don't just work hard, work smart

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Learnstuffs: 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
At that point we lose hope is actually the point of breakthrough if only you can persevere
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by samsam69(m): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
It's bcuz u re destined to be great, don't relent and trust more in God.... There's a payday for every hustler..
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by dkronicle(m): 1:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Mehn being a man is not a day job. Everybody got a story to tell. If yoy feel like giving up, get a weed dealer, buy just 100naira own. Inhale it and think about the positive things you will gain when you achieve your dream. I love my future pictures imagination.

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by djsalvation122(m): 1:22am On Dec 12, 2017
See The Way This Lady Is Driving Her Man Crazy With Her 'Selling Point'
Ladies always have a way of driving men crazy with their selling point....lol
Click the below to see pictures serious ones oh lol girls enh
http://www.mpbaze.com.ng/2017/03/see-way-this-lady-is-driving-her-man.html?m=1
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Gofwane(m): 1:54am On Dec 12, 2017
djsalvation122:

See The Way This Lady Is Driving Her Man Crazy With Her 'Selling Point'

Ladies always have a way of driving men crazy with their selling point....lol

Click the below to see pictures serious ones oh lol girls enh

http://www.mpbaze.com.ng/2017/03/see-way-this-lady-is-driving-her-man.html?m=1
look atew, somebody created a thread to share about his misfortune in life and all you could do was to post a link to some fvcking ladies stuff. Don't you know how to create your own thread

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 12, 2017
Prosperity is a spiritual blessing. It can only be activated by giving.Do you tithe?Are u a giver?If u have been stingy with your funds ask God for forgiveness and start again.
Declare a fast. Go to Mountain of Fire and do a 3 days dry fasting. It will clear your mind and give you access to spiritual direction and favour.Clear your mind of fear and failure and negative thinking. Pray a lot.There's more but do this and your story will change..

2 Likes

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by omochelsea004(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2017
samsam69:
It's bcuz u re destined to be great, don't relent and trust more in God.... There's a payday for every hustler..
honestly u are not the first to say that, but at some point in time i think all of that are just fictions
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by omochelsea004(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2017
bonjovi12:
Prosperity is a spiritual blessing. It can only be activated by giving.Do you tithe?Are u a giver?If u have been stingy with your funds ask God for forgiveness and start again.
Declare a fast. Go to Mountain of Fire and do a 3 days dry fasting. It will clear your mind and give you access to spiritual direction and favour.Clear your mind of fear and failure and negative thinking. Pray a lot.There's more but do this and your story will change..
yes bro, i derive joy in helping people that are in need around me, even though i am being repayed with bad on many occasions also i do pay my tithe regularly & truthfully, funny enough when i was even earning as low as 800 naira per day as wage, still i do pay my tithe truthfully, & that was very normal with me until when that federal job was taken away from me, i was pained, i was bitter, thinking within me that how could God allow the best thing that had ever happened to me be taken away from me just like that, that why did He only flashed me with my breakthrough & withdrew it almost immediately, so after much thinking i decided not to pay any tithe again UNTIL i get back that job or maybe i get a better one
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Gettreadyy(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2017
omochelsea004:
yes bro, i derive joy in helping people that are in need around me, even though i am being repayed with bad on many occasions also i do pay my tithe regularly & truthfully, funny enough when i was even earning as low as 800 naira per day as wage, still i do pay my tithe truthfully, & that was very normal with me until when that federal job was taken away from me, i was pained, i was bitter, thinking within me that how could God allow the best thing that had ever happened to me be taken away from me just like that, that why did He only flashed me with my breakthrough & withdrew it almost immediately, so after much thinking i decided not to pay any tithe again UNTIL i get back that job or maybe i get a better one
your story is touching.
- see them be4 dey see you - plan too the end.
dia is sth u actually fail to take note of.
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by lakkyflow(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2017
That is where you got it wrong Bro... You Dont give God conditions .. He tested you and you failed !! Have you not read about Job in the Bible , yours is little compared to his.. Go on your knees and ask for Forgiveness and if you really want to challenge God ,
calculate all the money for tithes you missed and pay them , I am telling u , then you will see the tremendous work of God
omochelsea004:
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by omochelsea004(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2017
lakkyflow:
That is where you got it wrong Bro... You Dont give God conditions .. He tested you and you failed !! Have you not read about Job in the Bible , yours is little compared to his.. Go on your knees and ask for Forgiveness and if you really want to challenge God ,
calculate all the money for tithes you missed and pay them , I am telling u , then you will see the tremendous work of God
what about the same happenings also b4 i decided not to pay tithe any longer? moreover if you knw what this federal job caused me, it wholly caused me my education, after waiting so long i was given admission, i even paid acceptance fee of 31k & was in the middle of my registration when i was shortlisted for appointment, i had to abandon school for the job thinking that it was the best option for me, & left for training immediately, few weeks after completing the training we were dispersed unceremoniously, & on the other hand i have already missed the school opportunity, people that we were given admission together then are now in service, whereas as for me i lose the job & at the same time lose my education
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Prec1ous(m): 10:58am On Dec 12, 2017
The only thing missing is SMART WORK. You are an hard worker but smartness was not applied.

Look at your life, you are too narrow. All I saw was operator and working on site. Don't you have other skill set?

Let me help you now...
Stop waiting for the next operator hiring

- Be an excavator contractor.
- Be a a machine operator trainer.
- Be a excavator machine repairer and maintenance engineer.
You know how to do this things already

The problem with most of us is that, we cannot expand our knowledge.

1 Like

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2017
omochelsea004:
You shouldn't have stopped and u shouldn't have been bitter. U should have trusted God's will.I have had opportunities i thought were concluded only to have it go away.I trusted God's will and Providence and praised Him anyways. You cant be angry with ur maker.Psalms says be at peace with ur maker and submit to Him and prosperity will come to u.
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by frank417: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2017
take it that God has blessed you and all you have to do now is use your head. Always try to carry out feasiblity studies before starting a business, don't just dive in. Try other things and strive to be independent. if you've got talent develop on it.
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by chigoizie7(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nice piece.

U are somehow correct, but I want u to know that there is a difference between working hard and working smart.

Work smart.

I can tell u many stories but I don't have the time to.

Those u see making it, even when u think they are lazy. Are not actually lazy. They are just smart.

As no one can just sit down doing nothing and just blow . U have to be working. But while u work. Know what u want and j ow if where u work can actually give u that which u want.
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by propanet(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
omochelsea004:
what about the same happenings also b4 i decided not to pay tithe any longer? moreover if you knw what this federal job caused me, it wholly caused me my education, after waiting so long i was given admission, i even paid acceptance fee of 31k & was in the middle of my registration when i was shortlisted for appointment, i had to abandon school for the job thinking that it was the best option for me, & left for training immediately, few weeks after completing the training we were dispersed unceremoniously, & on the other hand i have already missed the school opportunity, people that we were given admission together then are now in service, whereas as for me i lose the job & at the same time lose my education
I presume it was that immigration recruitment that was aborted in 2015 , it was due to the fact that it lacked proper presidential approval; but you guys were called back for rescreening and retraining and only about 1500 honoured the invitation of which about 888 were able to scale through. Did you honoured the invitation?
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Kekx(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dum Spiro Spero : When there's life, there's hope.

No legal achievement and riches comes easily, that's why many end up venturing into illegal and evil doings just to make it.

Believe me Man, you will soon smile, you'll soon remember this very story to laugh at.
Just keep pushing!
Keep striving positive!
Relent not, Man!
Positivity gat your back!
God gat your back!
You gon soar higher!

To be a man isn't a day job, you've got to go through pains and sacrifices to come out positively.

Just keep pushing!
Push smartly!
Forget not GOD!
Goodluck Blood!
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
omochelsea004:
Hi nairalanders, i am so so sad right now & i am in a state of depression, in my entire life i have never experienced being broke, but now i am broke beyond imaging! not that i was that big before, but at least i was ok & living very fine as there was nothing i need that i couldn't afford.
I am a young guy in my late 20s & i am a kind of person that really believe in hardwork, than trying to be preying on others, or trying to be rich at the expense of my fellow human beings, in short laziness & i are antonyms as we have nothing in common, we are words & opposite, there is no legal job i can't do to survive, no matter how stressful/tedious it could be, so far it is legal.
i was only unlucky not to be a graduate (i don't want to go into details) but i have ND in SLT with upper credit & again i am an operator (catapillar operator). I am a kind of guy that also believe in life goal, but sadly there is nothing i av been able to achieve, no matter how i try, no matter the sacrifice, whereas i will be seeing people that doesn't even care about tomorrow talkless of future, people that are the real definition of laziness making remarkable progress around me, this makes me really wonder if hardwork truly pays.
For example, before gaining admission into polytechnic, i worked as labourer in one road construction company & at the same time learn how to operate one of the heavy duty machines (excavator), & i managed to save out of the 800 naira i was been paid per day, during my ND days, i used the savings to start up game centre (ps2) business which makes me feel really comfortable throughout till i concluded my ND program, after my ND i was employed as operator in another company with good salary as at then (50k) 2013, so i started saving again with the aim of setting up a viewing centre business, i later spent all my savings on the business hoping that it would be there for me, i spent over 400k but at the end of everything shortage upon shortage five straight months, no customer, i had to close it down & accept my loss. After then I will try & safe money hoping to invest in something big & lucrative because i knw my job as an operator is not safe with all these road construction company owned by Lebanese, there is no job security, they can fire u any time any day for no offence at all, but whenever it looks as if am getting closer to my aim, something will happen like stood off, or getting sacked & everything will just go like that, not once not twice not thrice i don't really understand, & i don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't party, i don't go clubbing, just neutral being, i don't really understand, at times i will have to work as casual / labourer without any form of shame where i once worked as an operator earing 4k as wages per week.
In 2015 i was lucky to be recruited into one of the paramilitaries as an Assistant Inspector, given appointment letter, service number, undergone training, i was really happy that finally hardwork pays & fortune smile at me, only to be dispersed unceremoniously without any reason whatsoever, it was like hell let lose, after that i tried to move on so i collected taxi to be paying deliver everyday, i will work from morning till night, all i will realise is money to deliver to the owner plus money to buy fuel for d next day & i myself will go home with 400, 500, at most 600, driving from morning till late evening (the most awful of it all) i couldn't continue like that so i had to return the car to d owner, after staying jobless for some month God blessed me with the best job of my life (that federal job would have been the best but it doesn't stay) far more better than those Lebanese companies, wage of 5k per day (irony of life: i was being paid 800 naira per day for same kind of job somewhere else in the past) but not quite long (6 months ago) the machine broke down due to lack of maintenance on the part of the owner & everything turned upside down again, upon all my sacrifices, all my hardwork, all my effort for better future, running here & there, trying hard to hold on to something really rewarding, here am i at the end being broke which i av never experienced before, i have nothing left in the acc & no dime at hand, no job presently, trying to find alternative but all seems not working at the moment, no where to even work as casual, i don't know what to do, after much thinking & thinking, i come of the opinion that hardwork doesn't guarantee success because if only hardwork does i would have been very successful in life today & it saddens my heart seeing lazy people making it whereas it is clearly stated in bible that "no food for lazy man", but ironically the lazy people are the ones eating better food while many hardworking people starve, "maybe hardwork doesn't pay anyway"
. Go and ask Frustratedrat how far, he can help you with his own lamentation then you check yourself and know who is facing the worst scenario here.

1 Like

Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by okoolori(m): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
samsam69:

When will it comes. It’s the pure truth Hard work doesn’t pay here in Naija
Re: "Maybe Hardwork Don't Pay after all", I Have Never Been Broke In My Life, Now... by omochelsea004(m): 3:07am On Dec 24, 2017
propanet:

I presume it was that immigration recruitment that was aborted in 2015 , it was due to the fact that it lacked proper presidential approval; but you guys were called back for rescreening and retraining and only about 1500 honoured the invitation of which about 888 were able to scale through. Did you honoured the invitation?
Yes, but at the end my name was not among the presumed successful 888

(1) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Move In With Him? / What Does It Mean When A Man Says “You’re My Lolo?” / Guys Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.