Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (51307 Views)

Apply For 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At GT Bank / NLNG SIWES/IT Application For 2018 January/february Batch / 9 Application Tips For 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowships For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
APPLY FOR 2018/2019 PTDF PHD AND MSC OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP AT 15 SELECTED UNIVERSITIES IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

Check the key requirements, selected courses/universities and selection criteria here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4423098/apply-2018-2019-ptdf-phd#66232076

Deadline: April 28, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ama32: 4:45am On Apr 06, 2018
Has anyone been contacted yet?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 6:25am On Apr 06, 2018
Not until June for those who were nominated. Contact CSC to confirm whether you were nominated by your agency. If you were nominated, then expect to hear from CSC by June.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Neutral15(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Commonwealth shared scholarship

Please must these referees be your lecturers in school or you can use anybody.

And I got a letter of language certification from my department, please which uni among them can accept that.

Thanks for your swift response
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
I am sure that Southampton and York do accept it.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ama32: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
tunde20:
Not until June for those who were nominated. Contact CSC to confirm whether you were nominated by your agency. If you were nominated, then expect to hear from CSC by June.

Ok thank you, so Fsb hasn't contacted people yet?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ABBAChuks: 12:11am On Apr 15, 2018
danny34:

If your referees use gmail, ask them to check their spam folder.

Can referees use gmail for Commonwealth Scholarship programs?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2018
Hello my people,
Please what is going on now? Does anybody know where we are?
I mean who knows when nominations and the like will be held?
Should those who got regret mails earlier still be hoptimistic of being selected?
Please reply. The thread is too cold. Let talk and keep the hope alive.
Thanks. All the best.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Confirm from CSC if you have been nominated. If you were, expect final decision by June.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
tunde20:
Confirm from CSC if you have been nominated. If you were, expect final decision by June.

Please how do I confirm? Please respond bro. Thanks.
Guide me.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
Send a mail to eas@cscuk.org.uk quoting your application number.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
tunde20:
Send a mail to eas@cscuk.org.uk quoting your application number.

A friend of mine tried that but he only got a generic response. “If you have been nominated to CSC your application will be considered”. Has anyone tried it with success?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 3:12am On May 07, 2018
A frind of mine received a mail from Newcastle University that he wasn't nominated for d Commonwealth shared scholarship. Guys, I pray it works out o
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Rhamzy94(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2018
martinagoha:
A frind of mine received a mail from Newcastle University that he wasn't nominated for d Commonwealth shared scholarship. Guys, I pray it works out o

Wow.. That's sad to hear.. Has any other person received any other mail from another university?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by pappiloo: 8:43am On May 16, 2018
Good morning guys,

Please does anyone apply to Glasgow here, and have you received any response?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Santiago69: 12:19pm On May 16, 2018
pappiloo:
Good morning guys,

Please does anyone apply to Glasgow here, and have you received any response?

Yeah I did. No response yet. They are going to send their list tomorrow to csc
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by pappiloo: 3:54pm On May 16, 2018
Santiago69:

Yeah I did. No response yet. They are going to send their list tomorrow to csc

Okay bro, so what will change on the application after their nomination?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Rafiat1: 3:20pm On May 17, 2018
I am yet to hear from Newcastle!! They wrote me that my application is presently being considered!!
martinagoha:

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Shancca: 2:37am On May 21, 2018
Who got nominated to Portsmouth.?.. Nominations been rolling in like wrecking balls
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 1:15pm On May 21, 2018
Any Ph.D applicant in the house? To confirm if you have been nominated by FSB Abuja for Commonwealth M.Sc./Ph.D scholarship, you could send a mail to eas@cscuk.org.uk asking whether you can send any outstanding document which you could not submit as at application deadline. It could be an offer letter, M.Sc transcript/certificate and so on. The response you get will suggest whether or not you have been nominated.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by OnyxOnyx: 10:56pm On May 21, 2018
You mentioned that the FSB was not your nominating agency. Pls I also didn’t use the FSB as my nominating agency and I received the regret mail. I’ve sent emails but I haven’t received any response.

If your nominating agency is a university, is the nomination different from the university endorsement?

tunde20:
Hi everyone, I have gathered that not all nominating agencies are registered on the EAS and not all nominate candidates using the EAS. So if your nominating agency has no staff who is registered on the EAS or did not nominate through the EAS, you will get an automatic regret email or your application will disappear in your portal even when you have been nominated.

Below is the mail I got from CSC upon my enquiry, mind you, my nominating agency is not FSB, Abuja:

Your application is no longer visible to you on the EAS because

either

your nominating agency has no member of staff who is registered on the EAS. The CSC can still see your application

or

your nominating agency has a member of staff who is registered on the EAS, but the nominating agency has not used the EAS to nominate candidates to CSC; in this case you will see an email like that below even if you have been nominated to CSC. The CSC can still see your application

or

your nominating agency has a member of staff who is registered on the EAS and has used the EAS to nominate candidates to CSC, but has not nominated you; in this case you will see an email like that below. The CSC can still see your application

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 9:48am On May 22, 2018
If your nominating agency does not use the EAS to nominate, you will get the regret email whether or not you were not nominated. If your university endorses your application, it is very likely that you were nominated. Would the VC/Rector endorse your application if your is unsuccessful in the first instance? Unfortunately, the eas guys do not reveal to applicants the status of their application. But there are cunning ways of knowing. Be reminded that nomination to CSC is just the beginning, only 33.3% of the nominated applications will be successful. The CSC states clearly that: "The CSC invites around three times more nominations than scholarships available – therefore, nominated
candidates are not guaranteed to be awarded a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any individual
country. Candidates nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by other
nominating bodies, and the same standards will be applied to applications made through either channel."
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 1:58pm On May 26, 2018
But please guys, is FSB done with nominating or are they yet to nominate or are nomination now? Please pardon my questions o. Just wanna be sure and know whether to still hope.
Please help reply if you know.
Thanks.
God bless you.
Amen.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 4:12pm On May 26, 2018
Nomination by all nominating agencies across the world ended since March 22nd.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by deer12345: 3:23pm On May 30, 2018
hi everyone, any news on results of the commonwealth scholarship for this year?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 4:14pm On May 31, 2018
deer12345:
hi everyone, any news on results of the commonwealth scholarship for this year?

Till June they said.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by OnyxOnyx: 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello everyone. Any news??
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
OnyxOnyx:
Hello everyone. Any news??

I sent them a mail yesterday as to when nominated applicants will hear from them, they replied: "This month."
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Thattallboy: 6:54am On Jun 08, 2018
Did they asked you of your EAS number?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Shancca: 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
tunde20:

I sent them a mail yesterday as to when nominated applicants will hear from them, they replied: "This month."

For Commonwealth Shared?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Thattallboy:

Did they asked you of your EAS number?

You should always quote your application number when sending them an email.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tunde20: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Shancca:

For Commonwealth Shared?

This thread is for M.Sc-Ph.D scholarship applicants

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Got 2 Job Offers With Ridiculous Pay And Conditions Today / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Nigerian Army Has Released The Name For Shortlisted Candidate For Rri71 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.