Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (42408 Views)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / Church Giving And unbiblical Practices / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by BoboKush(m): 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
otil1:

Don't mind him

Na xo
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by BoboKush(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
alan056:

Calm down. You're beginning to talk like daddy freeze is your "daddy"

He's ma Zaddy in the Lord..... Any p. With that?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by BoboKush(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

But Jesus did not stop the poor widow from feeding the corrupt GOs at the temple.

Was she paying tithe?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by wirinet(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

That's true...widow and orphans are actually beneficiaries of tithes, they are not part of the payers!

Widows and orphans are beneficiaries of which tithes? Provide any evidence that tithes and offerings benefits widows and orphans. How many orphans and widows have tithes in your church benefited? Most Nigerian men of God see tithes as their God ordained right, to spend as they like without any questions asked.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
those saying God said 10percent of ur livestock or harvested crops nd nt silver or gold.... Pls b frank if he had said 10 of ur silver or gold wud u have been able 2 pay.. If my pastor buys private jet today i wont say it is with our tithe...cus i knw lot of pple even frm outside nigerian give him freewill donation
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
BoboKush:

Was she paying tithe?

She spent her last kobo on a rich GO.

Isn't this the reason you call some people "sheeple"?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

Widows and orphans are beneficiaries of which tithes? Provide any evidence that tithes and offerings benefits widows and orphans. How many orphans and widows have tithes in your church benefited? Most Nigerian men of God see tithes as their God ordained right, to spend as they like without any questions asked.

Deutronomy 14 v 22-29

Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

right frm the old testament tithe was given to the levites(priest) as thier inheritance
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

I think you joined this conversation at the wrong time. I am arguing from the point of the scriptures that widows and orphans should benefit from tithes (paid as food and livestock).

If you think I am supporting this modern day tithing scam I've been opposing...then please check out all my previous posts and be clear on where I stand.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Last time I checked, the freethesheeple movement was targeted at tithe payers. Tithe payers earn money in the same manner freeze earns from his OAP job. If Freeze has the right to lavish his money on Patek and Rolex watches in Dubai, others have the right to spend theirs on their Pastors, without criticism.

Calling tithe payers "sheeples" for spending on rich GOs rather than the poor is like insulting Freeze for buying Patek watches instead of patronizing the dying aboki watch seller in Maami market.

Freeze is nothing but a bloody hypocrite.

The freethesheeple movement is anti-christ, it has sent more people away from the Church FYI.

If Freeze preach the right message of salvation and the knowledge of Christ, people will use their soul and resources in their own understanding of biblical teaching.

Guy hope u know this response is a li2 dumb, no offence meant. Freeze is clearly against the pastors who collect these monies based on what they have fed their pple. Freeze has never attacked anyone for paying tithe. All he is asking d conmen to do is tell ur congregation the truth. Stop collecting their tithe to build universities their children can't afford, to buy four jets they will never use, only d pastor and his family can ue. I can go on and on.....open is head now
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by cescky(m): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

You are snaking around the truth. The poor widow did not pay any tithe, what the poor widow gave was an offering. There is a huge difference between tithes and offerings. No one has come out to criticise offerings, what people are condemning is the new gospel according Nigerian men of God, that tithes is the way to salvation, that you will be cursed and be he'll bound if you do not give 10% of your earnings to a man of God.

My bad I quoted a wrong reference...

That being said..if Jesus had issues with the giving..in what ever form be it tithe or offering he will have stated it.because the men who received offering were corrupt...also God looks to the heart as Jesus confirmed in that scenario.

That being said ,offering and tithe ...who are we to seperate the two...The inventor of one inst he the inventor of the other?

Some where in Mathew Jesus commended the Pharisees for their abilities to tithe but condemned, their faith , mercy justice etc.

Bros don't follow the crowd..which pastor has been threatening their congregation?

Salvation given to man, through Jesus isnt by force...it's left for man to Use free will to accept or reject it

More so tithing ...it's a choice, and it's acceptable and well pleasing to God
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
cescky:

My bad I quoted a wrong reference...

That being said..if Jesus had issues with the giving..in what ever form be it tithe or offering he will have stated it.because the men who received offering were corrupt...also God looks to the heart as Jesus confirmed in that scenario.

That being said ,offering and tithe ...who are we to seperate the two...The inventor of one inst he the inventor of the other?

Some where in Mathew Jesus commended the Pharisees for their abilities to tithe but condemned, their faith , mercy justice etc.

Bros don't follow the crowd..which pastor has been threatening their congregation?

Salvation given to man, through Jesus isnt by force...it's left for man to Use free will to accept or reject it

More so tithing ...it's a choice, and it's acceptable and well pleasing to God

Who has been threatening parishioners with the devourer's curse for not paying tithes? Is it the Imams or Babalawos? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Daddy Freeze is known for flaunting Rolex Watches with Hushpuppi in Dubai. What right does he has to condemn other Christians for doing exact thing he enjoys doing?
The right he has is that, he spends only what he earns and he doesn't operate under a charity umbrella like pastors who depend on untaxed donations.

Freeze can use what he earns to buy expensive cars and patronize the most expensive girl in town. But pastors ve a duty to account for every dime they get through donations from church members.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by wirinet(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
Emmanuel1999:

right frm the old testament tithe was given to the levites(priest) as thier inheritance

And who are the Levites? Do they still exist today? Do Jewish priests (rabbis) collect tithes from Jews today or tithes are only meant for pentecostal pastors?

How many people in the whole of the bible paid or collected tithes?, since according to you guys tithes is the most important message in the bible.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by christemmbassey(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Emmanuel1999:
payin of tithe is nt a sin... But payin of tithe with wrong motive either to show up or payin of tithe and neglectin the other law is a sin... Luk 18:12 in new testament payin of tithe was mentioned xo its nt an old testament thing
did Jesus collect tithes?
yes or no!
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

No, what I'm saying is that you should mind your business when it comes to what people do with their money.
The money isn't supposed to be the pastors money.

it's a donation Bros.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

And who are the Levites? Do they still exist today? Do Jewish priests (rabbis) collect tithes from Jews today or tithes are only meant for pentecostal pastors?

How many people in the whole of the bible paid or collected tithes?, since according to you guys tithes is the most important message in the bible.

o really pls i neva said payin of tithe was the most important...bcus i said payin of tithe is good doesnt mean its the most important... Its important bt nt d most important.. Can u say puttin petrol in a car is more important dan putting engine oil... No they both work hand in hand... They both need each other..
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
christemmbassey:
did Jesus collect tithes? yes or no!
hm tithe were paid to priest was Jesus a priest that he will collect tithe...
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by cescky(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

If you check the scriptural definition of tithing, tithing is a form of giving which is obsolete in line with current realities.

Jesus has changed and widened the scope of giving from narrow and obsolete "tithes and offerings" to sacrificial giving.

Take your time to study the model of the Apostolic church of old in the Bible where "everyone shared what they had and there was no lack".

Also read the book of Timothy for further insight.

Real tithing is a form of giving which is obsolete in line with current realities on ground. It is limited to only farmers and livestock owners

Have you bothered to ask why Jesus would separate the goats from sheeps using sacrificial giving unto the poor as the critical criteria?

No Sir..Jesus used the socio economic situation on ground to explain his parables...if Jesus was around today, he will use things or that the present day person will understand and relate with

Sheep's etc were the measurements for Wealth hose days...now it's money or cash

Chew on this for a sec.. God created the teeth which stinks every 24 hours but man crated paste to wash his teeth...am using this parable to explain the actions of the disciples in their sharing of goods...it wasn't a commandment from God.

Jesus never abolished tithe..read the Bible closely, you'll see Paul. Jesus ,. Etc always used Abraham as a point of reference...because ... Abraham's acts etc were what made him right or righteous before God...and he did was to believe God( faith) ..and God willed to world to him, even Muslims claim Abraham, so do the Jews to show how mighty he would have been...so I ask again would you not emulate a man held in high esteem by God or will you question his acts...recall Jesus said he came not to abolish the law ..but to fulfill...and loving your neighbour as yourself..which is the new royal Law, overcomes or covers the whole 10 commandant
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by cescky(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

Who has been threatening parishioners with the devourer's curse for not paying tithes? Is it the Imams or Babalawos? undecided

U were asking intelligent questions now your beating about the Bush...we can be mature about things
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

pls i dnt knw the number of pple dat paid tithe... bt can u kindly tell me the number of pple in d bible dat didnt pay tithe
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by histemple: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

I'm pained because most of you don't know a thing about the bible.

Someone woke from nowhere, downloaded a Bible App from PlayStore and began to confuse y'all.

Engage me with the above points or shut ya mouth!

From your arrogant approach and insults, I doubt if any human being won't reject anything you believe or represent.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
The right he has is that, he spends only what he earns and he doesn't operate under a charity umbrella like pastors who depend on untaxed donations.

Freeze can use what he earns to buy expensive cars and patronize the most expensive girl in town. But pastors ve a duty to account for every dime they get through donations from church members.

Oh Freeze can spend his own money on o l o s h o, and also tell others to tithe to the poor?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
The money isn't supposed to be the pastors money.

it's a donation Bros.

Is it your donations?

In my Church, we hold annual general meetings where members get to know how monies, donations, tithes, etc. was spent. Note the word "my church". What others do with their monies is not my business.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
histemple:

From your arrogant approach and insults, I doubt if any human being won't reject anything you believe or represent.

My "arrogant" approach will make people (especially those above age 18) do what they like with their monies, without pressures from any nonentity or hypocrite to give to the poor or the rich.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
if widows r not benefitting in ur church pls bring them to my church or better still take them to daddy freeze
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Thylord(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
honniemail:
I don't know the church you attend but you need to go and attend some of this upcoming one man church and you will have a feel of what some people are talking about.

Like wat d op said, jesus never queried d corrupt leaders but focus on wat d poor woman gave

It doesnt matter if a church is an upcoming or latest...
Just find a place where ur spiritual urge can be quenched,where u would sow ur tithe nd it will germinate,i wont give my seed carelessly

When i started going to church it took me over a yr b4 i paid any offering so i know wat i am talking about

I knew where i was before i started these

transactions with the almighty and i knw wher i am now.

Permit me to share one here
Formerly when i was just a church member nd not a follower of God's instructions,i fall sick atleast twice in a year that i would be unconcious for days..
I didnt meet with any pastor, it is the word of God i was being fed with that i entered into a convenant with Him...
Frm that time till now, thats over 6years i av not taken ordinary paracetamol

This is what money cannot buy and a great deliverance for me
All those criticising..pls anything that works for u should be noted nd leave us d sheepie alone

Christaks...Jesus owns d church hope u've heard abt d new GO of the RCCG he is not an adeboye so its nt a family affair like u think nd even if it is...i av a personal relationship with God so its nt my buz
LeanonGOD....bamoski...thylord
Stop using panadol for oda's headache..
Somoene single handedly paid to get an anger wher my church private jets are being parked..and has been maintaining it from dat time till now.....most of this GOs are on multinationalnpay rolls nd they earn more than d mds there without working for d company
Pls help urself make enof moni nd nothing will be too big to do for God and his servants nd dat shuld nt stop u from giving to d needy nd ur parents

you can give your entire being to your pastorprenuer,seriouly we dont care.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Is it your donations?

In my Church, we hold annual general meetings where members get to know how monies, donations, tithes, etc. was spent. Note the word "my church". What others do with their monies is not my business.

Then why is it suddenly ur business if ppl of other church choose to seize tithing

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by wirinet(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
Emmanuel1999:
i can proudly say in my church Champion Royal Assembly widows r benefitin be it frm tithe, offering box or pastors pocket... This year my pastor gave 21 widows each the sum of 200,000 naire, gave out 22 cars instead of buyin a jet ... And someone is Tellin me nt 2 pay tithe....#fire

See free publicity stunts. What does widows need cars for? Will your pastor also provide money for petrol and maintenance of the cars? The most importance thing to poor widows are regular source of income, house over her head and that of her family and school fees for her children, not cars to show off.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Then why is it suddenly ur business if ppl of other church choose to seize tithing

Who are those people? The #freethesheeples crew?

You're in the dark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Celebrates His 50th Birthday Today / TB Joshua: Hillary Clinton Will Win Narrowly / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.