Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (42365 Views)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / Church Giving And unbiblical Practices / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
Emmanuel1999:
U self 4 no say when Jesus died his blood washed away our sins.. The curtain of temple was torn xo we all wud have access... Owk nw 10 commandment dy old testament it says dont lie, steal,etc why up till now u still dy obey am.. Go commit aldultery nw no b sin abi its old testament

If I love God with all my heart, soul and might...and I love my neighbor as myself, have I not obeyed the 10 commandments?

Bros is asking for where Jesus said we should not tithe...and I asked him to tell me where Jesus condemned animal sacrifice...tit for tat. If the bros wants to obey the law, then he should obey it FULLY...if not he's a sinner nau...

When the temple veil was torn open, the era of grace was ushered in, the era of the law was ushered out.

Now why are some people bringing back old testament requirements in the new covenant as though it is obligatory undecided

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Daddy Freeze is against anything and everything that makes the pastor look or appear rich. If you think his message is about tithe only, then you're wrong. He's against everything, including Jets, cars, Rolex watches, etc.
And isn't that a good tin what you attribute to daddyfreez if that's actually what he is doing?

Do you even know what you re saying?

Ur posts sound like one trying to help glorify freezes agenda
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Kennydoc(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
christemmbassey:
pls show us where Jesus collected tithes,
if He did not collect when He was on earth, why will He collect now that He is in Heaven, to buy Long span proofing sheets to complete your mansion in Heaven?

You should understand something. The argument isn't just about paying tithe (as of the tithe mentioned in the old testament). It's about Freeze and his goons being jealous that people are giving so much money to the church, and some men of God are apparently diverting the money.

Even if you stop people from paying tithes, you cannot stop believers from giving to support the ministry or from sowing seeds. And you cannot determine how much people give from their earnings. The girl in Shiloh video gave an equivalent of her 1 year earnings as seed. That is equivalent to 10 years tithe (at her salary level as at 2016). She gave that huge amount at once, and she did that out of her own volition. Nobody compelled her to do so.

In the early church, people gave everything they had (100%) to the church. If we are arguing about 10%, then it means most of us would have left the church in those days.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
KENZINCO:
Some of you here are just ignorant of the obvious things. Let me explain a little to you.

Daddy freeze himself lives in one of the most expensive area in Lagos, he buys expensive cloths , shoes and even the wristwatch (he was displaying one with the Puppy man in Dubai)
But as long as poeple like us who are not as rich as him and his likes are, still buy little things in the market and pay for some services which are advitised on radio stations like Cool FM( where Daddy freeze works) , we are still the one indirectly providing the funds that allows him live this expensive life for him. We pay for things we buy and services, the service providers take our money to place like cool FM for advertorial, then cool FM pays Daddy freeze and other workers with this money. This was exactly what I was trying to tell him on Instagram b4 he blocked me, the same thing I was telling Gbenga and Catherine of the Let's talk program on Nigerian info b4 they also blocked me from their Facebook page up to this day.
So stop fooling yourselves around people who don't want to hear others tell them the truth but are claiming to be the Messiah and eyes opener of others, who are still exploiting your foolishness to gain more popularity and make more money on social media.
It is my choice to buy things or get a service from a provider and pay for it, then who does it now become a sin for me to feel that a pastor has provide me with a service and I willingly give home something in return?

Is freeze a pastor or does he won a charity that collects money from people for a greater cause only to use their money to finance a flamboyant lifestyle and leave ur subjects in abject penury.

The man works for his money he has a right to spend it NY way he wants....abeg which work adeboye dey do
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by richeeyo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
streamsofjoy:

It is Becos of people like this I admonish my christian brethren regardless of denomination to avoid this whole fight about tithing, giving e.t.c. Imagine this one who openly admits not to be a church boy is claiming to knw the bible like the back of his hand. Of course he is entitled to knw since it is written in English, and will also give it his own plain and carnal interpretation in challenging persons who understand the bible via revelation.
Brethren, for the sake of the name Jesus whom we all call upon, let's address this matter spiritually and stop fighting on social media, Becos this wil give the children of the bond woman the Avenue to mock the Jesus we all stand for.
First your thought are shallow.
Must you be a church boy to understand the scripture
Must you even be a Christian to understand.
I have a dish focused on the middle east yahlive.
When you would see a Muslim giving in depth teaching about the Bible than a Christian.
When you put your heart in reading the Bible, understanding shall come upon you.
Be holy in the heart first
And not by pretense
For others to see you are a Christian.
You are a bench warmer.
Truth be told most youth today go to church to impress the ladies.
Then when you in the church all types of perfume in the air.
What do you call that?
That's disrespecting God
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

Christ does not care about tithes, that was why the only times he mentioned tithes at all was in condemnation of the pharisees.

Now see Jesus condemnation the pharisees;

See that you guys are very similar to pharisees that Jesus was condemning.

How will they see of wen they r living under a spell
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by cescky(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

Bros...even animal sacrifice was before the Law...Jesus didn't outrightly condemn animal sacrifice...so why are we not doing animal sacrifice?

Your answer to this question should clear your confusion on tithes as well...

Yes Bros..u asked a very thoughtful question...

But observe that Jesus..observed all Jewish religious protocols...until he died

When he died and what he meant by its finished ...is the old Law or 10 commandments..ie it's the end of the law .

Observe that his blood took the place of those animals.
Tithe wasn't expressly stated in the 10 old laws..it was passed down from Abraham and Moses stamped it...

The death of Christ abolished all the ten...and the ten listed only...but the truth is the 10 commandments where spiritual, but was too hard for them to do..in order words if you obeoy the law of Christ which is faith and love... automatically you will keep the ten 10 without knowing...that's what Paul said when he meant the law was spiritual..but they couldn't do it...also every year they made sacrifice of animals etc..which was to cleanse them..but it made them feel like sinner's, but he blood of Christ sacrifice was once and for all for man's justification.

If Jesus had an issue with tithe..He would condemned the poor widow for paying.. who paid the tithe because the priests then were as corrupt as some of he present day pastors..but he commended her ... though the priests were corrupt..God saw her HEART so it's is today..even if a pastor is stealing ..As long as you tithing is doig it sincerely.

Let me summeriise and say Christ took us to the grace era that was upon our father Abraham..so we must emulate and do the works of Abraham if we really believe....ie we must emulate or act like Abraham..that's all seeks of us now. All God gave Abraham was as a result of Abraham faith in God..and became our father..so we must emulate him..some one held in high esteem by God..would you rather question him or just follow
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
[quote autthor=OkCornel post=63250022]

If I love God with all my heart, soul and might...and I love my neighbor as myself, have I not obeyed the 10 commandments?

Bros is asking for where Jesus said we should not tithe...and I asked him to tell me where Jesus condemned animal sacrifice...tit for tat. If the bros wants to obey the law, then he should obey it FULLY...if not he's a sinner nau...

When the temple veil was torn open, the era of grace was ushered in, the era of the law was ushered out.

Now why are some people bringing back old testament requirements in the new covenant as though it is obligatory undecided[/quote]
ah ha u know the era of law was ushered out sacrificing was a law bt jst prayin and asking for forgiveness is grace... Xo r u tryin 2 say wen d era of law was ushered out tithing was also ushered out?... If so festival of harvest... And obeying the sabbath day is a law why those it still holds... Even in the era of grace it still complies with d law... U cant love God and steal.. U cant love him and lie... We sacrifice then now we ask for forgiveness... If we dnt tithe again wat will we do...
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by christemmbassey(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
Kennydoc:

You should understand something. The argument isn't just about paying tithe (as of the tithe mentioned in the old testament). It's about Freeze and his goons being jealous that people are giving so much money to the church, and some men of God are apparently diverting the money.

Even if you stop people from paying tithes, you cannot stop believers from giving to support the ministry or from sowing seeds. And you cannot determine how much people give from their earnings. The girl in Shiloh video gave an equivalent of her 1 year earnings as seed. That is equivalent to 10 years tithe (at her salary level as at 2016). She gave that huge amount at once, and she did that out of her own volition. Nobody compelled her to do so.

In the early church, people gave everything they had (100%) to the church. If we are arguing about 10%, then it means most of us would have left the church in those days.
I have no qualms with giving to the church or a pastor...
but the fact that the compulsory tithes collection in Christianity is the biggest fraud in human history.
What DFZ is doing is not jealousy or hatred but its God saying enough is enough to those hirelings parading as ministers of God who are busy driving people into atheism and Islam by their ungodly activities.
Again God i5s using Freeze or will you prefer He uses a donkey?

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by SweetJoystick(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:
1. Apostle Paul requested for money

(1 Corinthians 16:2, NIV)

Apostle Paul particularly instructed the people to set aside a sum of money that is proportionate to their income. This was a convenient way of collecting the money, that has now become a trend among Christians every Sunday. Is Paul a fat-fed and corrupt Apostle?

2. Jesus watched as the "Sheeple" widow dropped money for corrupt religious leaders but He did not free the "Sheeple"

- Mark 12:41-

At the time Jesus observed the widow's offering, the treasury was managed by corrupt religious leaders, but Jesus did not free the sheeple widow. Nowhere was it mentioned that Jesus instructed her not to give her last penny! Instead Christ was interested in blessing her seed. Ask yourself, would Jesus partake in the #freethesheeple movement if He and the Apostles were around today?

3. If your Pastor sow spiritual things to you, it is right and appropriate to give him those material things you can afford, and Yes, that includes a Jet!

- 1 Corinthians 9:9-14

You seem to forget Jesus personally chased away traders from the temple. Mark 12, 41 you quoted has nothing to do with tithes nor accusations or belief that funds were being misused by the leaders of the temple.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by worlexy(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

I'm pained because most of you don't know a thing about the bible.

Someone woke from nowhere, downloaded a Bible App from PlayStore and began to confuse y'all.

Engage me with the above points or shut ya mouth!
Explain Deut 14:22 to end then.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
DBestDoc:

The money paul collected, was it for himself?
No
Was it to be kept in a bank account as a church fund?
No
Paul gathered those offerings so he could send them to the brothers in need . That is what the early church, the real christians were known for. They shared all they had with those that didnt have . No one collected from the rest in the name of being a pastor or prophect.

Even Paul you quoted never took anything for himself. He said he worked with his own hands, that God forbid that he becomes a burden to anyone. Even though he had the right to tax them, he never did.

Try and study the bible very well, and when you do, desist from picking a single verse rather, read the preceding and subsequent verses to get the full message.

Tithing is very unchristian,whether you accept the glaring truth or not. But offerings are recorded everywhere in the bible. Jesus gave and received for His ministry, the early church also gave and received. But giving has to be done cheerfully like the bible commanded that is why the widow gave. Willingly and Jesus hailed her for that.

You can give jets to your pastor, nobody stops you from doing that, but saying you're giving it to God is where the problem lies. God is nobody's mate. Tithe to your pastor and his ministry but don't drag God into it 'cause clearly from the scriptures, the only way you give to God is by giving to the needy, clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, visiting the sick and our services to God. Don't add or subtract from the scriptures.

Mhen u hit d nail on the head......u have uncovered their lies
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Kennydoc(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
christemmbassey:
I have no qualms with giving to the church or a pastor...
but the fact that people the compulsory tithes collection in Christianity is the biggest fraud in human history.
What DFZ is doing is not jealousy or hatred but its God saying enough is enough to those hirelings parading as ministers of God who are busy driving people into atheism and Islam by their ungodly activities.
Again God i5s using Freeze or will you prefer He uses a donkey?

There is nothing fraudulent about it because it is the DUTY of every Christian to give to support the church. When you love God, you're willing to share your resources with Him. It's the same way a married woman who truly loves her hubby cannot withhold her money from him.
If you think the pastors are misusing the money, it isn't in your place to judge. You still have to give after all.
None of us refuses to pay our tax because our politicians are misusing the funds.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
Emmanuel1999:

ah ha u know the era of law was ushered out sacrificing was a law bt jst prayin and asking for forgiveness is grace... Xo r u tryin 2 say wen d era of law was ushered out tithing was also ushered out?... If so festival of harvest... And obeying the sabbath day is a law why those it still holds... Even in the era of grace it still complies with d law... U cant love God and steal.. U cant love him and lie... We sacrifice then now we ask for forgiveness... If we dnt tithe again wat will we do...

Yes! Tithing was ushered out, and sacrificial giving out of a cheerful heart and through the direction of the Holy Spirit replaced it.

If in doubt...kindly refer to Matthew 25 v 31-46 on the basis that God will use to separate the goats from sheeps...then tell me if tithing is one of the requirements.

By the way, please give me the scriptural definition of tithes and tell us if the church of today is adhering to that....that's if you insist on the validity of "tithing"

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

Now why are some people bringing back old testament requirements in the new covenant as though it is obligatory undecided
ah ha so u know the era of law
was ushered out sacrificing
was a law bt jst prayin and
asking for forgiveness is
grace... Xo r u tryin 2 say wen
d era of law was ushered out
tithing was also ushered
out?... If so
Bro obeyin sabbath is a law and it still hold...owk if grace replaced law...the blood of Jesus replace blood of animals pls wat replaced tithing? Even in the era of
grace it still complies with d
law... U cant love God and
steal.. U cant love him and lie...lie steal 10 commandment... D first of the 10commandment also talks about love...
We sacrifice then now we ask
for forgiveness... If we dnt
tithe again wat r we 2 do nw?...
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by paxonel(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Apostle Paul particularly instructed the people to set aside a sum of money that is proportionate to their income. This was a convenient way of collecting the money, that has now become a trend among Christians every Sunday. Is Paul a fat-fed and corrupt Apostle?

2. Jesus watched as the "Sheeple" widow dropped money for corrupt religious leaders but He did not free the "Sheeple"

At the time Jesus observed the widow's offering, the treasury was managed by corrupt religious leaders, but Jesus did not free the sheeple widow. Nowhere was it mentioned that Jesus instructed her not to give her last penny! Instead Christ was interested in blessing her seed. Ask yourself, would Jesus partake in the #freethesheeple movement if He and the Apostles were around today?

3. If your Pastor sow spiritual things to you, it is right and appropriate to give him those material things you can afford, and Yes, that includes a Jet!

Monkey,
Daddy freeze is never against giving any amount to pastors at your free will just like the woman in the bible did, he is against the 10% compulsion known as tithe .
Also, if like you said, inspite the corrupt religious leaders of those days people were still giving to the temple, the question is, did Jesus also foolishly gave like that?
THE ANSWER IS NO.
Because that same temple, Jesus destroyed in 3 days rather than giving his money to build, so he does not need to lead the free the sheeple campaign to show his disapproval to the attitudes of the corrupt religious leaders.

Also, Jesus came to the world and stated his mission clearly. He came to save mankind from sin, not to emancipate people from ignorance and oppression of worldly leadership.
The Roman empire were also oppressing the Jews as at that time too, not only their religious leaders.

So, if you want to emancipate yourself you are the one to do it for yourself not Christ.
Daddy freeze is not Christ, from what he has said he has emancipated a lot of people. So he is very good to go

And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

That simply means you are the one to willingly learn to know the truth. The truth cannot be forcefully impossed on you by Christ or anyone.
But you will keep suffering the consequences if you refuse to obey the truth, it's as simple as that grin
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by mrgaptooth(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
richeeyo:
Why this tithe of a thing they pain all this yeye brothers in the Lord
Because they are beginning to see that they have been fools all these while
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Mario9: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

My friend, these are very good points to support the need to give to the church and her ministers. However, a critical look at the entire situation shows that the problem is not really the payment of tithe or offering to the church, but the lifestyle of some of our pastors which does not correspond to the reality of the people they claimed to be leading. For instance, imagine a pastor of a village church where many of the people are peasant farmers, and the pastor in question is using Hummer Jeep as his personal car. My brother, moderation is the key word – I am not talking of a subjective moderation but an objective one. They are public figures, they are expected to use the public yardstick to judge their lifestyle. They are expected to live a life of simplicity. 1 Tim 3: 1-7 outlined the kind of lifestyle expected of all church leaders, especially verse 7 that says “ it is necessary that he be held in good repute by outsiders...”. If you also examine all the men of God in the scripture, non of them lived above the people they ministered to. My brother, i think this is problem many of the pastors have.
Another point is the issue of gifts from individuals. Not all gifts are acceptable and not all acceptable gifts are useable especially when considering their lifestyle. There are some gifts that are contrary to their lifestyle, not that they can’t use them but because they may be a cause of scandal to others. Remember the words of St. Paul, if eating meat can cause the downfall of my brother, i will never eat meat anymore, rather than cause my brother's downfall. (1 Corinthians 8:13). This is my opinion anyway.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

Are you not one of them who say "leave the messenger and address the message"? Giving to the poor is very good like judas suggested, but why didn't Christ himself rebuke the woman? Just like freeze, he wears expensive watches and flaunts it but gets riled up when a preacher wears something good? Christ later said in that passage that there will never be a shortage of poor people, meaning you can give to the body of Christ and still give to the needy around you..

Rubbish.......freeze is working so can spend his money how it sees fit....collecting money for people meant to feed the poor and cater for d need and end up using the money to live a lavished lifestyle and wen I talk u say God will curse me, touch not my annoited......haba!!!! .....ur mumu never do!!!!!!!!!!!.....govt go use u do mumh, pastor go use u do mumu...r u now just used to been in that state that even the state of mumuism now seems so normal ur ready to defend it to d latter

Ask God for wisdom abeg
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
cescky:

When he died and what he meant by its finished ...is the old Law or 10 commandments..ie it's the end of the law .

Tithe wasn't expressly stated in the 10 old laws..it was passed down from Abraham and Moses stamped it...

The death of Christ abolished all the ten...and the ten listed only...but the truth is the 10 commandments where spiritual, but was too hard for them to do..in order words if you obeoy the law of Christ which is faith and love... automatically you will keep the ten 10 without knowing...that's what Paul said when he meant the law was spiritual..but they couldn't do it...also every year they made sacrifice of animals etc..which was to cleanse them..but it made them feel like sinner's, but he blood of Christ sacrifice was once and for all for man's justification.

If Jesus had an issue with tithe..He would condemned the poor widow for paying.. who paid the tithe because the priests then were as corrupt as some of he present day pastors..but he commended her ... though the priests were corrupt..God saw her HEART so it's is today..even if a pastor is stealing ..As long as you tithing is doig it sincerely.

Let me summeriise and say Christ took us to the grace era that was upon our father Abraham..so we must emulate and do the works of Abraham if we really believe....ie we must emulate or act like Abraham..that's all seeks of us now. All God gave Abraham was as a result of Abraham faith in God..and became our father..so we must emulate him..some one held in high esteem by God..would you rather question him or just follow

If you check the scriptural definition of tithing, tithing is a form of giving which is obsolete in line with current realities.

Jesus has changed and widened the scope of giving from narrow and obsolete "tithes and offerings" to sacrificial giving.

Take your time to study the model of the Apostolic church of old in the Bible where "everyone shared what they had and there was no lack".

Also read the book of Timothy for further insight.

Real tithing is a form of giving which is obsolete in line with current realities on ground. It is limited to only farmers and livestock owners

Have you bothered to ask why Jesus would separate the goats from sheeps using sacrificial giving unto the poor as the critical criteria?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
So what you re saying in essence is that pple shud continue to give to the thieving pastors?

No, what I'm saying is that you should mind your business when it comes to what people do with their money.

Preach the gospel and allow people spend their money according to their interpretation of the gospel.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by worlexy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Ochoiho:
The truth be told, if you dont pay your Tithe, you wouldnt make Heaven. If your pastor is eating your Tithe, you are in the wrong church, That Pastor of yours is a Thieve and he is disconnected from God. Leave that Church. Any body who succeed in deceiving you from paying your Tithe have done a great damage to your soul. Daddy Freeze will realize his mistake at the long run
well done, be adding to what is not in the Bible, the Bible has clearly warned people like you. if you like listen

"If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book" Rev 22:18
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by shegra58: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Apostle Paul did not demand that they bring a certain percentage.He did not threaten them with curses if they don't bring.He advocated freewill donation which is at variance with what your pastorpreneurs teach.

once again we are talking about freewill donations.The woman on her own decided to donate her entire savings.No one told her to do so and certainly Jesus did not say those who did not donate were cursed.

seriously if youwere close to me now I wil have given you a dirty slap!!!That includes a jet!!!!!! In this country where most of the church members are struggling to eat three square meals they should provide their pastors with private jets? What an effrontery!!!!
We for slap am together I swear if to say he dey closer grin
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
saintmark88:

What will we accuse Christ of collecting tithe. He never collected tithe......pls show me a verse were Jesus paid tithe or collected tithe...else u r living under a spell cast on u by ur pastor... Or u r a pastor fighting so hard for ur daily bread
Matthew 23:23 shows you all are liars
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

If you’re not liar then tell me what Christ meant by saying “ you should practice the latter, without neglecting the former”
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by wirinet(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
cescky:

If Jesus had an issue with tithe..He would condemned the poor widow for paying..
who paid the tithe because the priests then were as corrupt as some of he present day pastors..but he commended her ... though the priests were corrupt..God saw her HEART so it's is today..even if a pastor is stealing ..As long as you tithing is doig it sincerely.

You are snaking around the truth. The poor widow did not pay any tithe, what the poor widow gave was an offering. There is a huge difference between tithes and offerings. No one has come out to criticise offerings, what people are condemning is the new gospel according Nigerian men of God, that tithes is the way to salvation, that you will be cursed and be he'll bound if you do not give 10% of your earnings to a man of God.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by saintmark88(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
Childofaking:

What does a pastor need a private jet for ? You are so ignorant of what a Pastor does . Do you know that some G.o s have oversea churches in over a hundred countries and will need to move with his own schedules and not the schedules of airlines?

How come we don't have problems with Dangote and other business owners having private jets but have problems with Pastors. You think those businesses are more important than the work of God?

So what does a pastor need four private jets four........ The apostles preached the gospel far and wide, never used a private jet.

The missionaries n Europe that brought christanity Asia, africa , south america and so on never had a private jet, or r ur Gos doing more in preaching the gospel than the apostles and early missionaries
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

No, what I'm saying is that you should mind your business when it comes to what people do with their money.

Preach the gospel and allow people spend their money according to their interpretation of the gospel.

It would be nice to tell this to Pastorpreneurs who have been threatening people with devourer's curse over the years for not paying "tithes' (a.k.a. Pastorpreneurs' Insurance premiums)
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

Show us where Jesus outrightly condemned animal sacrifice too...informed sheeple

While at it, kindly give us a scriptural definition of tithe, and tell us if that is what people in church are really doing
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

What did Christ mean by saying “ you should practice the latter without neglecting the former “
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Acidosis(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
paxonel:

Monkey,
Daddy freeze is never against giving any amount to pastors at your free will just like the woman in the bible did, he is against the 10% compulsion known as tithe .
Also, if like you said, inspite the corrupt religious leaders of those days people were still giving to the temple, the question is, did Jesus also foolishly gave like that?
THE ANSWER IS NO.
Because that same temple, Jesus destroyed in 3 days rather than giving his money to build, so he does not need to lead the free the sheeple campaign to show his disapproval to the attitudes of the corrupt religious leaders.

Also, Jesus came to the world and stated his mission clearly. He came to save mankind from sin, not to emancipate people from ignorance and oppression of worldly leadership.
The Roman empire were also oppressing the Jews as at that time too, not only their religious leaders.

So, if you want to emancipate yourself you are the one to do it for yourself not Christ.
Daddy freeze is not Christ, from what he has said he has emancipated a lot of people. So he is very good to go

And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

That simply means you are the one to willingly learn to know the truth. The truth cannot be forcefully impossed on you by Christ.

Then allow Jesus Christ to destroy the temples of the so called thieving pastors.

Do you want to take the laws into your hands?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
wirinet:

You are snaking around the truth. The poor widow did not pay any tithe, what the poor widow gave was an offering. There is a huge difference between tithes and offerings. No one has come out to criticise offerings, what people are condemning is the new gospel according Nigerian men of God, that tithes is the way to salvation, that you will be cursed and be he'll bound if you do not give 10% of your earnings to a man of God.

That's true...widow and orphans are actually beneficiaries of tithes, they are not part of the payers!
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
saintmark88:

Rubbish.......freeze is working so can spend his money how it sees fit....collecting money for people meant to feed the poor and cater for d need and end up using the money to live a lavished lifestyle and wen I talk u say God will curse me, touch not my annoited......haba!!!! .....ur mumu never do!!!!!!!!!!!.....govt go use u do mumh, pastor go use u do mumu...r u now just used to been in that state that even the state of mumuism now seems so normal ur ready to defend it to d latter

Ask God for wisdom abeg
I am beyond your level of phoolishness and insults...look for your fellow uncouth nairalanders to trade insults with...
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Emmanuel1999(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
OkCornel:

Yes! Tithing was ushered out, and sacrificial giving out of a cheerful heart and through the direction of the Holy Spirit replaced it.

If in doubt...kindly refer to Matthew 25 v 31-46 on the basis that God will use to separate the goats from sheeps...then tell me if tithing is one of the requirements.

By the way, please give me the scriptural definition of tithes and tell us if the church of today is adhering to that....that's if you insist on the validity of "tithing"
tithing 1/10 of ur livestock or harvested crop... Farming and hunting were thier means of livelihood.. Were they paid by government? Now is it everybody dat farm or hunt the salary is nt an income from one's means of livelihood... Wait o in context to ur above text... We knw dat woman who gave her last penny... Was she rich to cloth, feed or shelter any one.. She barely cud fend for herself... But God picked her out bcus she gave to the church and not to a brother in the street... Jst play ur part give to the church... Judgement day they will tell God what they did with the money... But if u want to knw join the financial team of your church

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Has TB Joshua's Portrait In His Home / TB Joshua: Hillary Clinton Will Win Narrowly / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.