Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Omitted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Omitted (2374 Views)

Why are ladies So addicted to cheating On MEN / Never Hit A Woman: IS THERE EVER AN EXCEPTION?? / I Confessed To Cheating On My Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omitted by iRepNaija1: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
Omitted
Re: Omitted by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2010
For me, cheating is called cheating only when you are caught. As long as you don't get caught, you haven't cheated. Anyway, as long as you have a gf/bf somewhere, you shouldn't cheat. If you feel like tangling with some other person, then you must end the relationship first.
Re: Omitted by iRepNaija1: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2010
Then if you believe cheating isn't cheating unless you get caught, what would you call the actions of a partner having relations with someone other than their boyfirned/girlfriend?
Re: Omitted by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
Before you are called a cheat you have to be caught first. If you are not caught will anyone call you a cheat?
Re: Omitted by Areaboy2(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
for guys, we always have a good excuse,

- i was drunk
- she seduced me
- i didnt know wat i was doing
-i was lonely
- i tot she was you, (my fav tongue)

but then again the ladies will never take it lying down, they'll argue its bullshit and cheating is cheating,

but for some strange reason, its more likely to have a woman forgive a guy for cheating than a guy do so,

and yet i wonder undecided
Re: Omitted by ayettymama(f): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
personally

i cant stand it

so no excuse will do

not even

'she raped me'!
Re: Omitted by iice(f): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
iRep Naija:

Now, my question: Is there ever an exception when a partner cheats while in a committed relationship? For
example: 'I was drinking too much, I thought he/she was you,' 'You slept with him/her, so I slept with him/her, He/She seduced me. I couldn't help myself or a Long Distance Relationship. If so, why? If not, what's your explanation? All opinions are appreciated!

Heediots give those kinds of excuses.

I can understand the soldier own. I can understand certain scenarios. . .like if you have an open relationship or some sort of agreement.
Re: Omitted by agathamari(f): 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
if you are mature enough for a relationship, you have the ability to make rational decisions. "i was drunk" - you made the decision to drink yourself stupid. "she seduced me"- you made a decision not to walk away. "you cheated first" - so now were are 5 years old? "you wernt here" - your hand isnt good enough to last till i come home? would you tolerate your gf/bf husband/wife doing this to you - i grantee you wouldnt. if it is wrong for someone to do to you then it is wrong for you to do to them, simple
Re: Omitted by 190: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
@AREABOI

i LOVE THE she seduced me part!
Re: Omitted by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
None.
Re: Omitted by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
@topic
there is absolutely NO reason to cheat and no exception is valid. anyone cheating is not ready to either be in a relationship or marriage.

if anyone believes that there are exceptions then they should at least tell their partners about this"exception" so that THEY (the partner) can have fun too if they wish.
Re: Omitted by Areaboy2(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
lol, my fav is still " it tot she was you" hahahaha heard that on a comedy show i almost died laughing
Re: Omitted by iice(f): 1:51am On Apr 08, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

if anyone believes that there are exceptions then they should at least tell their partners about this"exception" so that THEY (the partner) can have fun too if they wish.

That should be the only exception.
Re: Omitted by Tinksh(f): 2:04am On Apr 08, 2010
eina:

For me, cheating is called cheating only when you are caught. As long as you don't get caught, you haven't cheated.

O.M.G!! I have no words! lipsrsealed Would you not be responsible to yourself? The character of person is how he/she behaves when no one is watching.

agathamari link=topic=423129.msg5842048#msg5842048 date=1270572643:

if you are mature enough for a relationship, you have the ability to make rational decisions. "i was drunk" - you made the decision to drink yourself silly. "she seduced me"- you made a decision not to walk away. "you cheated first" - so now were are 5 years old? "you wernt here" - your hand isnt good enough to last till i come home? would you tolerate your gf/bf husband/wife doing this to you - i grantee you wouldnt. if it is wrong for someone to do to you then it is wrong for you to do to them, simple

Awesome!! Well put!
Re: Omitted by iRepNaija1: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
@ agathamari
"you wernt here" - your hand isnt good enough to last till i come home?" (Too funny!)

Now, I can only speak from my perspective but from what I've seen, it's always bothered me that some people, when they find out their partner has been unfaithful, accept it, especially in Nigeria. It's almost treated as an expectation for them to cheat. When did it get to that point? When did some of us decide that cheating was not a big deal?
Maybe even acceptance is too strong of a word. I say this because when I think about this topic, I think of my mother. My father was unfaithful to her. She never 'accepted' it because she always held it against him, was passive aggressive, unhappy and etc. But she never sought a divorce. She gave up her personal happiness because of cultural expectations. So maybe she did accept it on some level, I don't know. I'm talking in circles.

Does anyone else feel the same way I do?

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Maniacs! / Does A Guy Has The Right To Seize His Girlfriend Phone? / Do You Buy The Idea Of Marrying A Lady Far Taller Than You.(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.