Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (31737 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by ukeleh: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Please take things easy. No matter how long it takes, he will surely leave the house for you because, it is not his. Tenants like that will never have a house of their own. He is cursing himself by fighting the owner of a property he is using.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Harrynight(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
Oga u dont give tenant 7days quite notice and u xpect him to quite... u think getting a house is that easy?

If u wan to evict ur tenant, Get ur lawer to serve him a 6 months quite notice,
should he refused to quit after d 6 months, go to court the court will serve him noticr to appear before them... and they will render judgement thus giving him about 14days grace period to leave if he still refuse to quit the court will force him out... throw his propertiss outside.

some tenant can be troublesome ooh...Dont take law into ur hands, dont mess with ur tenent he will sue u and lives there for 2-5yrs without pay...

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Report back to the court and they will send Court Sheriff alongside a Police Officer, the Police officer's job is only to protect the sheriff, not to make arrest, but it is the Sheriff that will forcefully eject the mother fucker and if he owes you some claims, his properties will be confiscated by the Sheriff and put in the Court's guardroom until he settles you, if not the court will auction his assets to pay you.

It is always a nice experience to show tenants that you are sophisticated at all levels. If not, dem go use you dey play.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Jabioro: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Did you appear in court when the case was mentioned? If yes you have instituted a legal ground.You and court need to reserv him d second time and d third time..and may runs for 9 months duratn..
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by coolcatty: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
6UEE:
At this your age your mates are thinking of how to build their own house and not forming solidarity with never do well tenants like yourself.

Lame!!!!

U think everyone's problems is to build house and answer landlord??

Smh

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mufex(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Mumu, you want to chop alone. You should have hire a caretaker for your property. He would do everything to make the guy pay or pack out. My caretakertakes care of everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by AuroraB(f): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Airforce1:
Telling him to pay rent a day after his rent expired is pure wickedness.

grin You dey mind them cheesy
Ambulance chasers have gathered undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by aariwa(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Biggers82:
Where do you stay if na Enugu I have a Lawyer that will eject him under 24 hours if your house is in Enugu or around you can call me on 08037364244 I can give you Ogbonge lawyer now
he is into Estate Management and he is managing properties for a lot of people and he knows the Job well
Are sure he is a lawyer cos anything done in 24 hours is not in compliance with Nigerian tenancy laws.Its called self help and its illegal under the law
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by kboycrew: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Pls this is not meant to insult anybody, is this tenant in Lagos? and is he an Igbos man?
Just asking

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by muller101(m): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
The tenant is PARKING in your house . How do you expect him to PACK out.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by nizelgirl(f): 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Get a lawyer I bet you he will pack out. we recently quit one of our stubborn tenant last month after we got a lawyer involved in the case.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Igbo tenants behave this way. Not stereotyping, but it is the plain truth. undecided

If he's Yoruba, contact me, let me knack him jazz for being so shameless angry

6UEE:
At this your age your mates are thinking of how to build their own house and not forming solidarity with never do well tenants like yourself.

KAI, you finished ebujany's career grin grin grin

Don't mind coolcatty, he is still dancing all day for Etisalat begging for cap &pen (he said it himself)

How can one be so foolish to defend defaulting tenants? This is the mentality that ensures eternal poverty for some generations, you would now be blaming village people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 2shure: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
forgeh lwwyer my guy
naso naija br.
court will always favor tenant.
use soldier threaten am.
make dem give am 2days warning.
if possible disconect light supply
water supply.
and watch how e go run park.
who wan receive soldier beatings
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by muller101(m): 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
Biggers82:
Where do you stay if na Enugu I have a Lawyer that will eject him under 24 hours if your house is in Enugu or around you can call me on 08037364244 I can give you Ogbonge lawyer now
he is into Estate Management and he is managing properties for a lot of people and he knows the Job well
oga slow down.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by DavidEsq(m): 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or pstep to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly
Just tie some leaves soaked in cow blood and attach some cowries and lizard skeletons to his door mat, he go zab sharply.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by otokx(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
It is good to do due diligence as a tenant and also as a Landlord.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Biggers82(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:
Are sure he is a lawyer cos anything done in 24 hours is not in compliance with Nigerian tenancy laws.Its called self help and its illegal under the law
he is a lawyer I just said 24 hours to tell you how fast it will be
he has seen their type and since he is into the system he knows what to do and he will follow it up.....
you can't just go to court and get a quit notice without following it up
mind you this is nja where anything is possible......
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by iAmMeNdU: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Realestatepro:
This is how tenants behave especially in Lagos state.
Once they pay the first rent and it expires, to pay subsequent rents becomes a big problem.

They do this on purpose because the law is on their side.

Get a lawyer and take them to court, if they are on a yearly tenancy, that means you have to give them 6months quit notice.

I disagree with you on this...no tenants wants trouble or wants to owe its landlord...after a year of moving to an apartment, you may face difficulties in trying to pay in subsequent years, dat dose not mean tenants do it on purpose. ..as for the case of this guy, he is just a trouble maker and don't have money to pay..simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by thotianna: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
@OP collinsmp
Tell him you want to renovate the house, give him the court approved time for moving out for renovation I think it's one month notice.
After one month start scattering the house, remove the doors of the house or roof under the guise of renovation. Just do your best to make the house uninhabitable for him.
Can you imagine his rubbish, boasting about staying in your house for a year without paying as if na ground you pick money wey you take build house.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by InvertedHammer: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly

You have not shown any sign that you are a troublemaker.

That's why he is feeding off of your meekness.

/

11 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mannatech: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

No i did not serve him Notice to Quit what i served him is Quit notice because the agreement which he signed before parking him in my house is that he must pay his rent a day after his rent expire .and he have make it clear to me that he will not pay for the rent so he have no plan to pay for the house rent so i have no other option than to serve him Quit notice since his rent have expired since August.
Went through similar wahala on my first ever tenant eviction. I have had tenants owing me pack out without informing me or settling their bills. So far, u have done everything right by the law and in my state here, the 7 days quit notice which comes after the lengthy notice to quit, is only issued once and afterwards its forceful eviction by either the court or police Since u already have a landlord-tenant agreement/contract with the troublesome tenant, which I guess he signed to,

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by iAmMeNdU: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2017
Oga Landlord....... hmmmmmm .
I sorry for u oooo, in dis era nai u day carry dis kind case go Court wey no be murder case.
U nid to seek more advice from dose who don day into dis kind system for long. Lagos Landlords​ to be precise.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2017
Maybe he is having financial constraints. The last 2years have been terrible for Nigerians.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Petonis(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

The guy have no plan to park out he told my Caretaker that he will stay in the compound till next year August that is what he have been doing he will pay for one year house rent and stay for one year for free that he knows that before court will take action it will take 2 years before then he will park out
Oga landlord...if u can prove that he has done this before, the court will see it as a pattern and will evict him immediately.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Happyfellow147: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2017
Please I'm in Enugu and looking for an apartment. Can your lawyer help me?
Biggers82:
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Biggers82(m): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2017
muller101:
oga slow down.
Ok Sir
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mannatech: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that
U are not a landlord that's why. Do you know some tenants owning rents systematically pack out without informing the landlord or even the caretaker.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 2shure: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2017
God punish u
rafa9:
Maybe he is having financial constraints. The last 2years have been terrible for Nigerians.

I am faced with a similar challenge right now. Rent expired last month. Been able to raise part of the amount but I still need about #10,000 more to make the bank deposit. The caretaker will surely come to lock up by first week of january and the chance of raising the amount before time is low.

If it is laid in your heart to help(#1000 x 10people), here is the account:
FIRST BANK- 3081460857

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2017
2shure:
God punish u
You will not help just look and pass
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Stanleyafam(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

I have same issue... This guy has being owing for over a year... Some tenants can be migraine
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by SIaye: 7:49am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

The guy have no plan to park out he told my Caretaker that he will stay in the compound till next year August that is what he have been doing he will pay for one year house rent and stay for one year for free that he knows that before court will take action it will take 2 years before then he will park out

Hahahaha. Buy 1 year and get 1 year free. Lmao grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Property On Fire At Lagos Island (Photos) / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.