Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. (3778 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! / Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

If this is true, then, i think they are giving this guy a second chance, and he better make the best use of it
Second Chance ke? He is being vindicated. He did nothing wrong and i stand by my oppionion. Can any one prove that any of those he prosecuted was innocent? Unless someone brings prove not allegation that he witch hunted an innocent man, leave Ribadau Alone, he worked his head off for Nigeria, we say we want change but people try to work we bring them down with our arm chair criticism.
This is not a fight just give me evidence of one innocent person Ribadau prosecuted as EFCC Chair, dont give me the tired aruguement that he was used, Give me evidence or else, let the guy enjoy his vidnication
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
aisha2:

Second Chance ke? He is being vindicated. He did nothing wrong and i stand by my oppionion. Can any one prove that any of those he prosecuted was innocent? Unless someone brings prove not allegation that he witch hunted an innocent man, leave Ribadau Alone, he worked his head off for Nigeria, we say we want change but people try to work we bring them down with our arm chair criticism.
This is not a fight just give me evidence of one innocent person Ribadau prosecuted as EFCC Chair, dont give me the tired aruguement that he was used, Give me evidence or else, let the guy enjoy his vidnication

Absolutely

The CCT should have even declared him innocent. Justice Constance Momoh admitted to haven seen Ribadu's asset declaration forms but for some curious reasons says Ribadu must be present in order to declare him innocent . You would think they would appologise to Ribadu for wasting his time and immediately strike out the case rather than trying to waste his time further by inviting him to court.

But I guess such sanity is too much to ask of the Nigerian system
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
aisha2:

When i said second chance, i mean:
He had the opportunity to bring down some powerful people in govt, he failed.
Now he might have the chance to do something for the nation and not fear the cabals
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

When i said second chance, i mean:
He had the opportunity to bring down some powerful people in govt, he failed.
Now he might have the chance to do something for the nation and not fear the cabals

crap!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2010
mikeansy:

crap!!!!!!!!!

You mean he never had the chance to bring down people like OBJ and his cohorts on so much money stolen?
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2010
mikeansy:

Absolutely

The CCT should have even declared him innocent. Justice Constance Momoh admitted to haven seen Ribadu's asset declaration forms but for some curious reasons says Ribadu must be present in order to declare him innocent . You would think they would appologise to Ribadu for wasting his time and immediately strike out the case rather than trying to waste his time further by inviting him to court.

But I guess such sanity is too much to ask of the Nigerian system
And an apology for dragging his name and hard earned reputaion into the mud.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2010
aisha2:

And an apology for dragging his name and hard earned reputaion into the mud.

Jonathan is surely trying hard to make some people happy
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by smile11s(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
so there is no way we can read real news on April 1?
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You mean he never had the chance to bring down people like OBJ and his cohorts on so much money stolen?

Well he had more opportunity to bring down IBB too

But fight against corruption is not about who Ribadu can bring down but see my previous post from another thread where I highlighted what I think Ribadu should have learnt from his experience. I do not subscribe to the spin about selectivity. I don't agree with it one bit. It is my view that Ribadu did his job to the best of his ability, but the truth is that if we round up Ibori, IBB and co without doing some things systematically we will still not make progress.

I think we should now focus on what we can build not who we can pull down

RIBADU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he has learnt something though from his previous experience. This fight against corruption this time should be focused on strategic issues as opposed to locking people up. I supported Ribadu all the way but the fact that his records could be so mis-represented just within a shortwhile of leaving office calls for reflection.

I think his next chapter should be more focused on establishing information gathering institutions and record bureaus. Standardizing Government procurement processes so that they are traceable and any ministry that refuse to adhere to them will have some explanation to do.

Create a sustainable enviroment that supports co-operate fight against corruption not one that depends only on the magnificient valor of one man. The Fight against corruption will have to evolve at the pace of the society. An Anti-Corruption war too fast for the corrupt Nigerian system may fail again just like his previous wonderful attempt.

Let us focus more on whether we are making relative progress in terms of infrastructural development instead of how many people we can lock up as a result of the fight against corruption.

He was a great officer and I love him anytime anyday.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=423200.msg5807979#msg5807979
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by One4u: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Fhemmy; pls could u hint me on some of these things he (Jonthan) has been doing to make pple happy? tnk u.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
mikeansy:

Well he had more opportunity to bring down IBB too

But fight against corruption is not about who Ribadu can bring down but see my previous post from another thread where I highlighted what I think Ribadu should have learnt from his experience. I do not subscribe to the spin about selectivity. I don't agree with it one bit. It is my view that Ribadu did his job to the best of his ability, but the truth is that if we round up Ibori, IBB and co without doing some things systematically we will still not make progress.

I think we should now focus on what we can build not who we can pull down

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=423200.msg5807979#msg5807979

Inasmuch as i do agree with you that there is need for us to focus on building the nation, as long as we continue to recycle all those junks of a leader, there is nothing to build.
BTW . . . when i mention OBJ, i never said, he was the only one, but he was the latest one that to get his dealings with the devil shd not be too hard to trace
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
One4u:

@Fhemmy; pls could u hint me on some of these things he (Jonthan) has been doing to make pple happy? tnk u.

At least now, some of the Northerners in power that loved Nuhu will be glad
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by violent(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
I hope they provide sufficient and adequate security for the dude!

This literary means El Rufai is OYO!
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by 9ja4eva: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
violent:

I hope they provide sufficient and adequate security for the dude!

This literary means El Rufai is OYO!

Exactly my thot.I also hope they are not bringing him back to eliminate him final.
I know the guy will perform sha.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by violent(m): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
9ja4eva:

Exactly my thot.I also hope they are not bringing him back to eliminate him final.

If they do that, the last piece of credibility the country has will be in total shambles!
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2010
9ja4eva:

I was gonna say it was not possible, but i remember na Nija we dey yarn
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by eros(m): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
It would have being a welcomed development, only if it was REAL and not April fool.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by Rmc1(m): 4:41am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^   its for real its not april foo,l its all over in the newspapers and radio.

@ topic i am so happy that ribadu has been vindicated i always knew that he was witch hunted by the cabal but now he has been vindicated its time for uncle jonathan to do the right thing and put ribadu back where he  rightly belongs as the  chairman of EFCC  YESSSSS OHHHH!!!
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by software(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2010
The acting president is driving at something for himself. The power of twisting, Goodluck Enemies are in trouble if Ribadu is back there, God Help naija. Take it or leave it, they know what they are doing and i am certain that it is not in the best interest of the people of naija, other than for their own selfish desires.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by igeluma: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
God shall not allow his own to suffer,if the story is true,Ribadu should be send back to EFFC to complete the job
he started,corrupt leaders should leave the stage for good governance,you are welcome,you have been vindicated.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by SuperT(m): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2010
INEC will be a very good place as Election is drawing nearer.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by chidichris(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2010
ribadu shld be careful. he did it and run away the first time, maybe this time arround, he will not have his ways.
all these round abouts are nothing but the skillful coming back to full powers of the authocratic ruler(obasanjo).
i want to believe here that nigerians are getting wiser by the day and another ribadu can lead nigeria into something very difficult this time arround.
the yar adua mystery sickness and treatment is the reasons for all these.
obasanjo is a good stage manager and everything is going well according to his plans but God will surely see us through.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by larez(m): 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2010
Why are some people soooo very scared of Ribadu? The man was only doing his job, Now he can finish where he was being obstructed. Obstruction of a Police Officer while carrying out his lawful duties, criminal intimidation, and felonious attempted homicide against an officer of law are some beginning charges that I can think of. Welcome back Brotha Nuhu Ribadu, we missed you very much as you were indeed motivation for our return home from diaspora.!!!!
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by sulad82i(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
birds of the same feather, they are all the same
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by SuperT(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2010
Quote from:larez Today at 02:02:55 PM

Why are some people soooo very scared of Ribadu? The man was only doing his job,  Now he can finish where he was being obstructed.Obstruction of a Police Officer while carrying out his lawful duties, criminal intimidation, and felonious attempted homicide against an officer of law are some beginning charges that I can think of. Welcome back Brotha Nuhu Ribadu, we missed you very much as you were indeed motivation for our return home from diaspora.!!!!

All those people that are scared of Ribadu should investigated. FG should set up panel to look into the way he was treated, before he ran away.
The Inspector General of P0lice should be called to explain where he got order from. If we get those one then they can be thoroughly Investigated.
There must be skeleton in their Combord.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by toluxa1(m): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2010
Now He is ready for His new Appointment.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by SuperT(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2010
Can he be call now to Head INEC?
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by chidichris(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2010
wow! the wisdom many of us have expressed here is reflecting in our country.
the coming of ribadu and that of el rufai shld be completed with the release of bode george and automatic approval of third term.
up obasanjo, the best president nigeria has ever seen.
someone mark my words, the coast is not as clear as it seems. ribadu might not find it as easy as before.
can someone tell me who ribadu is coming to harrass now that nigeria is a one party system of govt? can someone tell me who will enter his problems now that everyone is loyal to obasanjo?
let us watch out as i sense an anti christ coming out of this joke.
Re: Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. by SuperT(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2010
Why FG droped all charges against Ribadu for the first place? Is becouse they saw all those charges as way of sent him away from Government.

But the other examples you gave is clear ofense commited.

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Union Officially Recognises Libya's New Leadership / Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! / Chinese Firm Mobilises To Site For Mma’s Additional Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.