Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend (6503 Views)

A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose / My Husband Uses Charm On Me, I Always Faint During Sex – Wife / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by bukatyne(f): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
cruchenutii:

Biko, what has Education got to do with Religion or fetish activities? This is the first time i'm seeing this. That's why I quoted.

Japan, India & China has the world's best brains & they are ravished with Religious & fetish activities. They have the Best Computer programmers, Medical Doctors & Engineers in the Whole world excluding Russia & Germany.

India has 79.8% of the population practicing Hinduism and 14.2% adheres to Islam, while the remaining 6% adheres to other religions.

China is the country with the largest population of Buddhists, approximately 244 million or 18.2% of its total population Also Japan is not left out.

So I disagree with your statement, Charm or Juju (as I know it) is NOT a respecter of your Education or Queens English.

Illetracy has nothing to do with religion

My bros, I weak that;'s why I quoted that moniker.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
cruchenutii:

Biko, what has Education got to do with Religion or fetish activities? This is the first time i'm seeing this. That's why I quoted.

Japan, India & China has the world's best brains & they are ravished with Religious & fetish activities. They have the Best Computer programmers, Medical Doctors & Engineers in the Whole world excluding Russia & Germany.

India has 79.8% of the population practicing Hinduism and 14.2% adheres to Islam, while the remaining 6% adheres to other religions.

China is the country with the largest population of Buddhists, approximately 244 million or 18.2% of its total population Also Japan is not left out.

So I disagree with your statement, Charm or Juju (as I know it) is NOT a respecter of your Education or Queens English.

Illetracy has nothing to do with religion

i basically do not understand your point,was the topic not about marriage

your statement shows you are ignorant and very misinforming,if you are educated you wont be talking about charm and all what you wrote down.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by crackhaus: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
bukatyne:

These people are exceptions who improved themselves over time.
I'm guessing you already formed a conclusion about this particular lady not improving herself over time.

Besides, Deola Sagoe is a tailor however, she is not an example of your average tailor.
Honest question, how did this Deola Sagoe start out?
I hear her name a lot but know next to nothing about her.

2 Likes

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
bukatyne:

My bros, I weak that;'s why I quoted that moniker.

Thank you, Apparently the thebosstrevor dude is still pretending not to understand my point. Anyway, you cannot wake a man that is pretending to be asleep.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by bukatyne(f): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
crackhaus:

1. I'm guessing you already formed a conclusion about this particular lady not improving herself over time.

2. Honest question, how did this Deola Sagoe start out?
I hear her name a lot but know next to nothing about her.

1. No conclusions really

2. 'Deola Sagoe has entrepreneurship in her blood, coming from a prominent family of Nigerian entrepreneurs and owners of the Elizade Group.

She studied Business Administration at the University of Miami and returned to Nigeria to get a Masters Degree in Finance and Management from the University of Lagos.

Deola's mother had been running a small tailoring house called Odua Creations which was known for producing meticulously embroidered traditional Nigerian menswear. In 1989, Deola joined her mother with a view of expanding the label's repertoire to encompass more contemporary designs for the ever-developing, cosmopolitan Nigerian society. The following year, Deola began designing under her name'

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deola_Sagoe

It's like using Beyonce as a standard for black women.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by eyinjuege: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2017
Being uneducated doesn't make you a lowlifer, doesn't make you crass, doesnt mean you'll be a wrapper tying, chewing stick chewing, razz person. Provided you have worked on yourself.
Its all about individuals and not about how much of an education you have.
I will always use my tailor as an example. Beautiful woman, dress sense is top notch, her demeanour probably only associated with royalty, the way she carries herself alone. You just have to respect her. Her speech is equally good. Ever keen to learn and all her children went to gòod universities. She is a blessing to her husband, not a liability.
And a lot have people talking of class here have mothers who never saw the 4 walls of a university, and parents who probably grew up in poverty, but made something of their lives.
Some of them have parents who are still struggling to care for them , probably tired and exhausted from bearing all the responsibility of a grown 20+ adult, yet they have the audacity to look down on a woman who has a skill she's using to fend for herself and not depending on mama thank you.
Some ladies are waiting for a man to continue from where their parents stopped, and are probably wondering why the man in question should pick an illiterate over them.
He knows what he saw in her, he should be allowed to marry whoever he wants. I'm sure he's dated other educated women in the past, but there's something about this one that has held him captive. Respect his decision. His parents should get to know the girl.

2 Likes

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by crackhaus: 9:15am On Dec 17, 2017
bukatyne:

1. No conclusions really

2. 'Deola Sagoe has entrepreneurship in her blood, coming from a prominent family of Nigerian entrepreneurs and owners of the Elizade Group.

She studied Business Administration at the University of Miami and returned to Nigeria to get a Masters Degree in Finance and Management from the University of Lagos.

Deola's mother had been running a small tailoring house called Odua Creations which was known for producing meticulously embroidered traditional Nigerian menswear. In 1989, Deola joined her mother with a view of expanding the label's repertoire to encompass more contemporary designs for the ever-developing, cosmopolitan Nigerian society. The following year, Deola began designing under her name'

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deola_Sagoe

It's like using Beyonce as a standard for black women.
Okay thanks.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by baby124: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
eyinjuege:
Being uneducated doesn't make you a lowlifer, doesn't make you crass, doesnt mean you'll be a wrapper tying, chewing stick chewing, razz person. Provided you have worked on yourself.
I will always use my tailor as an example. Beautiful woman, dress sense is top notch, her demeanour probably only associated with royalty, the way she carries herself alone. You just have to respect her. Her speech is equally good. Ever keen to learn and all her children went to gòod universities. She is a blessing to her husband, not a liability.
And a lot have people talking of class here have mothers who never saw the 4 walls of a university, and parents who probably grew up in poverty, but made something of their lives.
Some of them have parents who are still struggling to care for them , probably tired and exhausted from bearing all the responsibility of a grown 20+ adult, yet they have the audacity to look down on a woman who has a skill she's using to fend for herself and not depending on mama thank you.
Some ladies are waiting for a man to continue from where their parents stopped, and are probably wondering why the man in question should pick an illiterate over them.
He knows what he saw in her, he should be allowed to marry whoever he wants. I'm sure he's dated other educated women in the past, but there's something about this one that has held him captive. Respect his decision. His parents should get to know the girl.
A woman that has a skill and working is far better than a jobless graduate who thinks opening kpekus qualifies her for marriage and access to her husband’s bank account. Marrying an independent and hardworking person is key. Some highly educated men are also soooo lazy and entitled.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by bukatyne(f): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
eyinjuege:

Your tailor is ever keen to learn and carries herself with class i.e. doesn't behave like someone who is not educated. She has to leave her class and polish herself to a higher standard to fit her spouse.. She also ensured her kid's went to good schools to give them the leverage she didn't .... i.e. she is not your average tailor or have the mindset of an average tailor.

You are bringing up outliners.

Bill Gates dropped out of school and is the richest man yet we know that it is not realistic for a child to drop out of school in the hope of becoming the next Bill Gates.

The class here is not primarily money; it is an individual's outlook to life as a whole which comes as a result of experience and upbringing/socialization.

I am a firm believer of not mixing classes; I think that was one principle our fore father's used during match making and procuring spouses for their kids.

Using myself as an example, I can not marry your average mechanic (no matter how wealthy) or a Governor's son.

We all have different value system.

2 Likes

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
crackhaus:

Okay thanks.

You're welcome
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by eyinjuege: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
bukatyne:

Your tailor is ever keen to learn and carries herself with class i.e. doesn't behave like someone who is not educated. She has to leave her class and polish herself to a higher standard to fit her spouse.. She also ensured her kid's went to good schools to give them the leverage she didn't .... i.e. she is not your average tailor or have the mindset of an average tailor.

You are bringing up outliners.

Bill Gates dropped out of school and is the richest man yet we know that it is not realistic for a child to drop out of school in the hope of becoming the next Bill Gates.

The class here is not primarily money; it is an individual's outlook to life as a whole which comes as a result of experience and upbringing/socialization.

I am a firm believer of not mixing classes; I think that was one principle our fore father's used during match making and procuring spouses for their kids.

Using myself as an example, I can not marry your average mechanic (no matter how wealthy) or a Governor's son.

We all have different value system.

My tailor isn't an outlier....
Nobody is waiting for others before they step up their game. Infact, i would say the uneducated folks these days are repping especially when they have a skill. They know to get correct customers who dont know how to price or look for other options, they have to step up their game. They also have to act posh to get the posh customers.
They know the importance people attach to effizy, especially the younger generation below 50years, i think i should make that 40years.
Nobody is waiting for anybody else these days o. People are working on themselves.
Thats why its sad to see graduates who can't even think or do anything worthwhile, waiting for opportunities and not getting prepared for such, or even try creating the opportunities themselves.
My point is, we should stop assuming all artisans are local and razz, who will embarrass their spouses. Nobody knows the background of the lady in question, other than bbeing a hairdresser. We don't know her social background, she may have even completed secondary school. We dont know how knowledgeable she may be. Maybe she's just like other successful well respected artisans/those who didnt even get a degree. Yet, she's being painted like a lowlifer where nothing good can come out of her marriage to an educated folk.
Because a man did masters abroad doesnt mean they're from a high class home btw. People also get scholarships in Nigeria if you're from certain areas and know how to go about it. It still means nothing about your social class.
I quite understand if you as a person believe you have to marry from certain social class. That's absolutely fine. What I'm just not in support of is to speak against others who see nothing wrong in it, and have made their choice to do so.
Its same feeling i have regarding intertribal/ interacial marriages. Because you can't even fathom the idea doesnt mean you speak against those who want it/are in it (not personally directed at you)
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by DukeNija(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
edoman2016:
My friend is a masters degree holder from UK university and he owns a supermarket and bakery in Ikeja. He wants to marry an illiterate lady. This lady did not complete secondary school. She is a hairdresser.

My friend introduced the lady to his parents for marriage and his parents rejected her. They told him they will never support his decision to get married to the lady. That the lady is below his class. My friend has asked me for an advice on the issue and I think I support his parents' decision. I believe the lady must have charmed him.

What advice do you think I should give him?

Your friend is mad. Please avoid problems and advice him to let her go. That marriage won’t last cos he will eventually regret marrying her. She won’t be able to contribute substantially and he will lose interest.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by DukeNija(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
kimbraa:
Nope, they don't need deliverance. They're right in every sense of it 'cause they're seeking for the best for their son and friend. Let's stop for once and reason without being sentimental. I wouldn't spend money on my son just to come back and pick a crude woman who'd add no values to his life beside child bearing for a wife.

God bless you. Nigerians are wicked and sentimental bastards. As if they will advice and support their brothers to marry an uneducated hair dresser. Selfish and hypocritical people
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by DukeNija(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
mayorkyzo:
I just feel sorry for the lady in question...so cos she's uneducated makes her useless right...or did the guy not see educated girls b4 deciding its the lady she wants?
If you are worried cos the lady is rude or disrespectful that's understandable but objecting cos she's uneducated shows you and his parents doesn't even have the CLASS you are talking about...

You are an ignorant man. You think life is built on feelings and emotions? Okay. Please advice your masters degree holding sister to marry a road side mechanic simply because she’s in love with him. Or better still a cobbler. Rubbish
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Daeylar(f): 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
mayorkyzo, richy4 and eyinjuege

Thanks for making sense on this thread.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by DukeNija(m): 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
cococandy:

I would expect more open mindedness

1) Abroad trained educated doesn’t mean better educated.
2) Not having a degree doesn’t make one illiterate.
3) love can move mountains

You should know better than this sentimental crap. It’s even in the woman’s best interest that she doesn’t marry this man. This marriage will need a miracle to end well. A woman that didn’t complete secondary school marrying a UK trained masters degree holder? She will be a tramp I swear.
This man will have to be Moses or Jesus himself not to cheat and humiliate this woman in future.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by eyinjuege: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
baby124:

A woman that has a skill and working is far better than a jobless graduate who thinks opening kpekus qualifies her for marriage and access to her husband’s bank account. Marrying an independent and hardworking person is key. Some highly educated men are also soooo lazy and entitled.

True talk...

Life is most times not black and white but varying shades of grey.
Same yardstick shouldn't be used for all.
And to be honest, I'm getting tired of listening to people tell others what to do with their life.
We don't seem to respect other people's choices, from family to friends. We should learn to support others close to us even if you don't agree with their life decisions, accept it and be there for them when they need you.
Life is too short not to live it and to later live in regrets of coulda, woulda, shoulda...

2 Likes

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
DukeNija:

God bless you. Nigerians are wicked and sentimental bastards. As if they will advice and support their brothers to marry an uneducated hair dresser. Selfish and hypocritical people
Exactly. Too much emotions attached to something none of them would do, just because they think it's human not to be selective.

Lalasticlala, this should be a front page thread for more objective inputs than the sentiments I'm reading.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by preciousan(f): 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
kimbraa:
No. grin
Actually, I've a family friend who happens to be a young widow, she works in shell and somehow got entangled to a married man she's currently dating. Her supposed boyfriend is married to an illiterate. Based on what I was told, the lady could barely read while the guy is educated and into sales of oil tools. When it comes to business, instead of discussing problems or prospects with his wife, he does with the shell lady he's dating 'cause she has ideas of his line of business and if he needs to make investments he does discuss his prospects with her, why? 'cause he has a wife that could contribute nothing to what he wants. Now, they have three kids together but her husband has never gone to a public function with her but he does with his widow girlfriend even to the point of lying to his wife that he was travelling out of the country with his kids but ended spending two weeks in the widows house with his kids who're grown and are aware that their father is dating the lady they're with. I'm not mistaken when I said the only thing crude women are good for is child bearing. Anyone who argues that is on his own.
Please tell your friend to stop destroying another woman's home,let her not be the reason for another woman's tears,she should let go,her own would come,instead let her encourage the man,to help the wife become educationally developed. Thanks.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
preciousan:

Please tell your friend to stop destroying another woman's home,let her not be the reason for another woman's tears,she should let go,her own would come,instead let her encourage the man,to help the wife become educationally developed. Thanks.
I can't tell her 'cause they're both adults and are responsible for their decisions. That doesn't mean I support the relationship though.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by preciousan(f): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
The way some people talk,as if illiteracy is a disease,because you had to opportunity to be educated doesn't mean you should look down on one who's not.
The guy can actually groom her,to his taste.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by preciousan(f): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
kimbraa:
I can't tell her 'cause they're both adults and are responsible for their decisions. That doesn't mean I support the relationship though.
OK,I understand you.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
preciousan:

OK,I understand you.
We're talking of a mother of 3. Her first daughter is 24 this year so you could guess her age, and the man is older. They're adults. Perhaps, my mum is in a position to talk to her, not me.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by loshybab(m): 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
eyinjuege:
With your points on this thread so far,I'm compelled to say you ain't only...eyinjuege,omidan/iya afin olopolo pipe ni e.
Opolo yin o ni joba òooo
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by loshybab(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
eyinjuege:

My tailor isn't an outlier....
Nobody is waiting for others before they step up their game. Infact, i would say the uneducated folks these days are repping especially when they have a skill. They know to get correct customers who dont know how to price or look for other options, they have to step up their game. They also have to act posh to get the posh customers.
They know the importance people attach to effizy, especially the younger generation below 50years, i think i should make that 40years.
Nobody is waiting for anybody else these days o. People are working on themselves.
Thats why its sad to see graduates who can't even think or do anything worthwhile, waiting for opportunities and not getting prepared for such, or even try creating the opportunities themselves.
My point is, we should stop assuming all artisans are local and razz, who will embarrass their spouses. Nobody knows the background of the lady in question, other than bbeing a hairdresser. We don't know her social background, she may have even completed secondary school. We dont know how knowledgeable she may be. Maybe she's just like other successful well respected artisans/those who didnt even get a degree. Yet, she's being painted like a lowlifer where nothing good can come out of her marriage to an educated folk.
Because a man did masters abroad doesnt mean they're from a high class home btw. People also get scholarships in Nigeria if you're from certain areas and know how to go about it. It still means nothing about your social class.
I quite understand if you as a person believe you have to marry from certain social class. That's absolutely fine. What I'm just not in support of is to speak against others who see nothing wrong in it, and have made their choice to do so.
Its same feeling i have regarding intertribal/ interacial marriages. Because you can't even fathom the idea doesnt mean you speak against those who want it/are in it (not personally directed at you)
In addition to your points, the said lady might have completed her sec.sch education in flying colours and only into her handy work to further her studies. That might just be one of the reasons the 'jand' guy saw;the willingness and hustle to further and step up her social stratum.

Like a brother of mine would say......'koda mo le fe sisi al'aba,ni won gba to ba ti n'iwa'
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by mastermaestro(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
Richy4:

One last question.. So assuming that op's friend were to be your brother, you would prefer him miserable with an educated wife to getting married to his true love right?

Cast out emotion and get rational. This is a union of opposites! Life is class-structured. Love is not and will never be enough. Many factors combine to make a marriage worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by mastermaestro(m): 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
preciousan:
The way some people talk,as if illiteracy is a disease,because you had to opportunity to be educated doesn't mean you should look down on one who's not.

Grooming her is an uphill battle. That could take forever! Then when would he enjoy a fully groomed spouse? To condescend is moral and humane, but not when picking a spousal choice. Let everyone find their match/class for a fulfilling union. If both of them got married, neither of them will ever find lasting joy and marital fulfillment. One would feel overburdened and grouchy most of the time, while the other would go about feeling very insecure, inferior and slavish, constantly needing an assurance that her position in the marriage is not gonna slip away suddenly.

Look for your match.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by loshybab(m): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
preciousan:
That last statement says it all.it's as simple as that
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by Richy4(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
mastermaestro:

Cast out emotion and get rational. This is a union of opposites! Life is class-structured. Love is not and will never be enough. Many factors combine to make a marriage worthwhile.

Just maybe we came from different school of thoughts. But let me make it categorically clear that In relationship, I will never ever believe that life is class structured...Because I have seen many in relationships that disproved that assertions... a literate can offer the same thing that an illiterate can offer relationship wise..

But How do you seriously expect me to cast out emotion in a relationship, is that even possible? ... you as a man, when u first spot a lady for the first time,without her opening her mouth, what do you first see/ feel...? I don't know but maybe I could guess based on your statement that you are looking at the PhD plastered all over her face like a billboard, or looking at future business venture, and all with zero emotions right? . and when she Open her mouth and say she doesn't have all those qualities , u bail out on her because that was not what you were looking for,Am I correct? .

You can only say that in Nigeria, their relationship lifestyle is class structured.. ..that 's when I can take your post serious.. You can't sit at home and write that life is class structured in all things when you have never been around the world or made research about it

The only thing I can believe that you said was that a lot of factor contributes to make relationship work... apart from the fact that the lady in question dropped out of school, do you know if they were compatible in different area, Did anyone draw their compatibility test to know if they can be able to make it together as a couple or not?

What some where just saying was because she did not attend fancy university, or college, therefore the marriage cannot work, she was a total right off because she learned a trade, how funny was that.. ...Most of this post shows the reason why marriages don't work this days .. a lot were in it because of what they can gain, their status and class... with zero emotion..

I repeat I cannot stay in a miserable relationship with a woman because she is rich, educated and cultured. How I feel is extremely important to me be it an illiterate or not..

2 Likes

Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by BrightForYou(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nice thread.
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by frozen70(f): 12:05am On Jun 21, 2020
edoman2016:
My friend is a masters degree holder from UK university and he owns a supermarket and bakery in Ikeja. He wants to marry an illiterate lady. This lady did not complete secondary school. She is a hairdresser.

My friend introduced the lady to his parents for marriage and his parents rejected her. They told him they will never support his decision to get married to the lady. That the lady is below his class. My friend has asked me for an advice on the issue and I think I support his parents' decision. I believe the lady must have charmed him.

What advice do you think I should give him?

Why did he start a relationship with some one he knows his parents won't consent to

Let him simply tell him that he pregnanted someome and her parents insist he marries her
Re: An Illiterate Lady Has Charm My Friend by SweetCunt97(f): 12:36am On Jun 21, 2020
Richy4:
So because she dropped out of school, she doesn't have the capability to love and be loved right? No educated individual should love an illiterate because their kinda love stinks right? and all illiterate feelings should be suppressed towards an educated individual..

What is wrong with some people Biko.. Op, so in all these, your friend's feelings does not matter to you but his status and class right?

I don't usually say sh!ts like this but both u and that guy's parent needs deliverance from the spirit of social climbing . .. sad
You see how your mentality was different in 2017 ba? Now una go call d lady gold digger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sexiest Tribe In Nigeria / Mastubation / LOOK AT THIS !!! Businesses You Can Startup With Little Or No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.