Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,039 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Recommend A Laptop For Programming - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (8224 Views)

Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by cixak95211: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
yusman14:
What about Dell laptop with the following specs;.
4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U..

Exactly as poster before me said, start with this, . . when you start going too deep, be sure to upgrade. I use Jetbrains products
and always have the editors open . . Webstorm + PhpStorm already takes about 2GB during active coding.
Brave browsers with more than 50 tabs open, consumes about 1.7GB . . and 4 gb is gone . . I bet you cannot even do this because the OS still needs a bit of memory for its own thing. Well for now, the quickest upgrade you can do is get more RAM, at least 8gb [poor but manageable]
and then later get an SSD for insane boot time and app load times. Then you can relax for a while.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
cixak95211:

Exactly as poster before me said, start with this, . . when you start going too deep, be sure to upgrade. I use Jetbrains products
and always have the editors open . . Webstorm + PhpStorm already takes about 2GB during active coding.
Brave browsers with more than 50 tabs open, consumes about 1.7GB . . and 4 gb is gone . . I bet you cannot even do this because the OS still needs a bit of memory for its own thing. Well for now, the quickest upgrade you can do is get more RAM, at least 8gb [poor but manageable]
and then later get an SSD for insane boot time and app load times. Then you can relax for a while.
Bro...abeg na...see the way u mentioned those big n strange terms..I am a newbie in programming ..at least the laptop should serve me for the basics up to intermediate level na..

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by ADEBAZ95(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2021
yusman14:
The one I later bought was a Dell E series..specs;4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.6GHz,corei5 4006U...
Hope that U doesn't mean??

How much did you buy it?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 1:26am On May 03, 2021
ADEBAZ95:

How much did you buy it?
75k UK used
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by bukxy: 10:45pm On May 22, 2021
yusman14:
75k UK used
post picture bro and is it up to the task you expected it to
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by ADEBAZ95(m): 5:23am On May 25, 2021
yusman14:
75k UK used

OK, the one I later bought is 100k.

Core i5, 2.6ghz, 4GB ram, 300+HDD,keyboardlight.

Hope is okay for the price?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 7:26pm On May 27, 2021
ADEBAZ95:

OK, the one I later bought is 100k.

Core i5, 2.6ghz, 4GB ram, 300+HDD,keyboardlight.

Hope is okay for the price?
The HDD capacity is somehow small..it is ok generally..enjoy!
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by Veesound95: 9:27pm On May 27, 2021
directonpc:

I built projectn...
I won't mind to guide you in any way I can.
About studying computer science, you don't need a certificate to be a programmer. So if you have passion for the other stuff too you can continue with it.
boss I for like to learn oh.... I'm broke and I can't pay for a good institute to learn.... So can I learn on my own and you been my mentor

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 11:47pm On May 27, 2021
Veesound95:
boss I for like to learn oh.... I'm broke and I can't pay for a good institute to learn.... So can I learn on my own and you been my mentor

Omo, this post don tey!
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by gentlezypher: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
directonpc:

You didn't state the RAM, But I guessing it's over 3GB. It's good to go. You can even use it for android development.
good evening bro, I'm looking for a system to get for my brother studying computer science, what can I get for him that will be okay for his course and whatever he wants to do with it on the course?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
gentlezypher:
good evening bro, I'm looking for a system to get for my brother studying computer science, what can I get for him that will be okay for his course and whatever he wants to do with it on the course?
What's ur budget?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hackers / Alx africa vs Udemy ? / Why NET Languages Are Not Better Than Java Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.