Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Recommend A Laptop For Programming - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (8725 Views)

Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by cixak95211: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
yusman14:
What about Dell laptop with the following specs;.
4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U..

Exactly as poster before me said, start with this, . . when you start going too deep, be sure to upgrade. I use Jetbrains products
and always have the editors open . . Webstorm + PhpStorm already takes about 2GB during active coding.
Brave browsers with more than 50 tabs open, consumes about 1.7GB . . and 4 gb is gone . . I bet you cannot even do this because the OS still needs a bit of memory for its own thing. Well for now, the quickest upgrade you can do is get more RAM, at least 8gb [poor but manageable]
and then later get an SSD for insane boot time and app load times. Then you can relax for a while.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
cixak95211:

Exactly as poster before me said, start with this, . . when you start going too deep, be sure to upgrade. I use Jetbrains products
and always have the editors open . . Webstorm + PhpStorm already takes about 2GB during active coding.
Brave browsers with more than 50 tabs open, consumes about 1.7GB . . and 4 gb is gone . . I bet you cannot even do this because the OS still needs a bit of memory for its own thing. Well for now, the quickest upgrade you can do is get more RAM, at least 8gb [poor but manageable]
and then later get an SSD for insane boot time and app load times. Then you can relax for a while.
Bro...abeg na...see the way u mentioned those big n strange terms..I am a newbie in programming ..at least the laptop should serve me for the basics up to intermediate level na..

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by ADEBAZ95(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2021
yusman14:
The one I later bought was a Dell E series..specs;4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.6GHz,corei5 4006U...
Hope that U doesn't mean??

How much did you buy it?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 1:26am On May 03, 2021
ADEBAZ95:

How much did you buy it?
75k UK used
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by bukxy: 10:45pm On May 22, 2021
yusman14:
75k UK used
post picture bro and is it up to the task you expected it to
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by ADEBAZ95(m): 5:23am On May 25, 2021
yusman14:
75k UK used

OK, the one I later bought is 100k.

Core i5, 2.6ghz, 4GB ram, 300+HDD,keyboardlight.

Hope is okay for the price?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 7:26pm On May 27, 2021
ADEBAZ95:

OK, the one I later bought is 100k.

Core i5, 2.6ghz, 4GB ram, 300+HDD,keyboardlight.

Hope is okay for the price?
The HDD capacity is somehow small..it is ok generally..enjoy!
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by Veesound95: 9:27pm On May 27, 2021
directonpc:

I built projectn...
I won't mind to guide you in any way I can.
About studying computer science, you don't need a certificate to be a programmer. So if you have passion for the other stuff too you can continue with it.
boss I for like to learn oh.... I'm broke and I can't pay for a good institute to learn.... So can I learn on my own and you been my mentor

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 11:47pm On May 27, 2021
Veesound95:
boss I for like to learn oh.... I'm broke and I can't pay for a good institute to learn.... So can I learn on my own and you been my mentor

Omo, this post don tey!
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by gentlezypher: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
directonpc:

You didn't state the RAM, But I guessing it's over 3GB. It's good to go. You can even use it for android development.
good evening bro, I'm looking for a system to get for my brother studying computer science, what can I get for him that will be okay for his course and whatever he wants to do with it on the course?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
gentlezypher:
good evening bro, I'm looking for a system to get for my brother studying computer science, what can I get for him that will be okay for his course and whatever he wants to do with it on the course?
What's ur budget?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smart Home And Home Automation - How Did You Get Started? / Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! / Any Female Programmers In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.