Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus (1889 Views)

Why I Left Islam [my Story] / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2017
Former Muslim Nabeel Qureshi explains how his search for the truth about Jesus in scripture led to his conversion.

YOUNG MEN WHO ZEALOUSLY CHAMPION ISLAM REMIND ME OF MY YOUNGER SELF
Contrast is the mother of clarity. So says author Os Guinness, and this principle is what ultimately led me away from Islam and towards the gospel.
As a young Muslim in the West, our community very intentionally defended me against Christianity, the majority religion. The first verses of the Koran that I and the other young children at our mosque memorised proclaimed that God is neither Father nor Son (based on Surah 112:3).
Traditions informed us that this teaching makes up a third of the Koran (Sahih Muslim 812), so we recited it every day. By the age of six, I had recited, ‘God is not a Father, God is not a Son’ thousands of times. It is no wonder I became a bold opponent of the Trinity.
We were also taught that Muhammad was God’s greatest messenger; the most perfect man who ever lived. We learnt the story of his life and did our utmost to follow it. We emulated him to such a degree that we even attempted to walk into the lavatory the way he did. The reverence we accorded him was barely secondary to our reverence for Allah.
Although Islam teaches that the Bible and the Koran originated from God, we were effectively instructed that they were polar opposites: the Bible has been polluted, the Koran remains pristine; the Bible is partially the word of man, the Koran is purely the word of God; the Bible contains contradictions, the Koran is completely coherent; the Bible leads to confusion, the Koran leads to life.
So, as a young Muslim I ardently called others to the way of Islam. I was certain of its truth. My confidence in Islam translated into zeal for Allah, Muhammad, the Koran and sharia . But contrast is the mother of clarity.

DOUBTING THE KORAN
I met a young Christian named David, and we quickly became firm friends due to our common morals and devotion. The time came when I challenged him on the reliability of the Bible, and I had finally met someone who was equipped to defend his faith.
Ultimately, he challenged me to contrast the history of the Bible with that of the Koran. It was then that I discovered there had been so much dispute over the Koran early in its history that an official edict established one standard Koran and ordered all the rest destroyed (Sahih Bukhari 6:61:509-510). There was no occasion for the Bible to have been officially altered throughout Christendom, but there was certainly occasion for the Koran to have been modified throughout the House of Islam, and records remain of old variants that testify to former versions.
While discussing the Bible and the Koran, I also challenged David on the divine authority of Jesus. He responded to my points, but he also challenged me to contrast my arguments with a case for the authority of Muhammad. It was then that I realised my standards for criticising the origins of Christianity would raze the foundations of Islam if I applied them consistently.
Though I doubted the reliability of the Gospels, written in the lifetime of Jesus’ disciples, the entire edifice of the Sirah (various traditional Muslim biographies of Muhammad) rested on accounts from 150-250 years after his death. The earliest account of Muhammad’s life is only known to us because one devout Muslim preserved it, and he uses no uncertain words to say that what he received contained fabrications and false reports (Ibn Hisham, who edited Ibn Ishaq’s Sirah Rasul Allah ).
By contrast, the case for Jesus’ death, deity and resurrection was very strong, built on early records that were most coherently explained by orthodox Christian positions. It was through this contrast that matters became clear.

THE CASE FOR CRUCIFIXION
While still contemplating these issues as a Muslim, I attended a debate between a Christian called Michael Licona and a Muslim called Shabir Ally on the topic of Jesus’ resurrection. A trend in Ally’s thinking emerged through the course of the debate, and what I saw shook me.
Multiple ancient sources report Jesus’ death by crucifixion, including Jewish, Gentile, and Christian records. These reports are so numerous and the surrounding circumstances so clear that even atheist and agnostic scholars say Jesus’ crucifixion is among the surest facts of history. But with excessive scepticism, one can deny anything. Ally advanced the koranic view of Jesus: that, despite all the reports, Jesus did not die by crucifixion.
But what reason is there to stand by the koranic claims about Jesus when all the other records disagree? The Koran was written 600 years after Jesus and 600 miles away. The only reason to believe the Koran is an a priori faith in Islam. That is why only Muslim scholars deny Jesus’ death by crucifixion. Ally was very sceptical with the Christian case but not nearly as critical of the Islamic perspective. No contrast, just one-sided criticism.

REACHING MUSLIMS TODAY
That was 2004, and I continue to see the same trend among proselytising Muslims today: constant criticism of Christianity in the face of rather uncritical acceptance of Islam. I see many young men zealously championing Islam, and they remind me endearingly and dishearteningly of my younger self. I see them as sincere, honest, devout young men who usually haven’t seen an equal treatment of these two faiths.
Is there no one to befriend them, as David befriended me? Is anyone praying for them, as David’s church prayed for me? Is anyone loving them as Jesus would, with both compassion and truth?
Through dialogue, these young men, precious to God, might come to see that the Christian view of Jesus is much earlier, more coherent, and better evidenced than the Muslim view of Jesus. They might come to see that Islam is built on much weaker foundations than Christianity. In turn, they might stop leading people away from Jesus and instead become evangelists for the gospel. It happened to me, and it can happen to them.

https://www.premier.org.uk/Topics/Church/Apologetics/The-convert-Why-I-left-Islam-to-follow-Jesus

3 Likes

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by bedspread: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2017
WELCOME BRO...
WELCOME TO LIGHT...
WE PRAY THE EYES OF OTHERS ARE QUICKLY OPENED

3 Likes

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2017
bedspread:
WELCOME BRO... WELCOME TO LIGHT... WE PRAY THE EYES OF OTHERS ARE QUICKLY OPENED
grin

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by enilove(m): 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
I was a Muslim , it was the love the Christians showed , the miracles my younger brother received when he was sick and the evil records of the life of Muhammed that made me to convert to Christianity.

What about my own miracles , which I am still receiving till today, they are numerous and not coincidences.

We have to be careful because knowing Jesus and proclaiming him are not what shall take us to heaven but total obedience to his commandment , so that we can talk like Paul said in :

Philippians 1:21 KJV
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

4 Likes

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
Touching.
God is not willing for anyone to perish.
Read a book on this called, " i dared to call him father" on how a Muslim lady based in iraq in search of the truth met Jesus and had divine encounters leading to her salvation.

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
since everybody is showing off his Fiction/lying skills let me add mine

Why I converted from Christianity to Islam

I was born into a christian family and raised as a christian. Since when i was a child i used to have some doubt about my religion owing to the way i saw my fellow arguing among themselves about who is right and who is wrong. Some believe catholics are idol worshippers, some believe that jehova witnesses are going to hell, some do not believe in trinity while some do, some do not agree that tithing is compulsory while some do. I began to have some doubts but whenever i asked my parents or pastor, they told me that i should have faith and the holy spirit would come to my aid

While in church i used to ask myself why a pastor can heal amputees, raise the dead, cure HIV and yet we still have hospitals in Nigeria (the poster 2 posts above is a typical example.). Moreover, the hundreds of cases where fake miracles and prophecies have been busted couldn't get off my mind

To cut the long story I met a Muslim scholar during my NYSC days and the guy introduced me to this beautiful religion called Islam. He made me realise how stupid i have been i have been all my lifecheesy
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by enilove(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

I was born into a christian family and raised as a christian. Since when i was a child i used to have some doubt about my religion owing to the way i saw my fellow arguing among themselves about who is right and who is wrong. Some believe catholics are idol worshippers, some believe that jehova witnesses are going to hell, some do not believe in trinity while some do, some do not agree that tithing is compulsory while some do. I began to have some doubts but whenever i asked my parents or pastor, they told me that i should have faith and the holy spirit would come to my guide

To cut the long story I met a Muslim scholar during my NYSC days and the guy introduced me to this beautiful religion called Islam. He made me realise how stupid i have been i have been all my lifecheesy

We Christians don't practice "Taqiyyah" , which is lying to defend your religion.

Bible says :
Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

2 Likes

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
enilove:

We Christians don't practice "Taqiyyah" , which is lying to defend your religion.

Bible says :
Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

What is the point of lying when your God himself is one Hell of a liarcheesy

Im not trying to insult your religion but i have many bible verses to prove myself
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by enilove(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Im not trying to insult your religion but i have many bible verses to prove myself

Let us see the Bible verses , please.

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Drop your reasons and "bible verses"...

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by chynie: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
a
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

Drop your reasons and "bible verses"...

Your bible said that christians can touch serpents and nothing would happen

Your bible said that you dont need medicine

your bible said that christians would perform even greater miracles than jesuscheesy

Your bible has over 30 crystal clear contradictionscheesy

I can quote the verses for you if you are still doubting and present you with even more liescheesy
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by analize701: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Where are the verses pls?

You must think that YHWH is allah who tell lies and boasts about it.

The greatest of deceiver who no man can escape, that's allah the lair.

2 Likes

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by analize701: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

your bible said that christians would perform even greater miracles than jesuscheesy

I can quote the verses for you if you are still doubting and present you with even more liescheesy
Are these the verses? hahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Christ!! are you this dumb? grin and clearly you wasn't a christian once... you just looking opportunities to drop ur hates without proper findings... so let me set ur butt on the mat;
"True Christians" knows christ spoke in metaphor and parables cos he was overflowing with wisdom. and he wasn't wrong saying a serpent can't hurt us - Apostle Paul in Act 28 shows how he was bitten by a serpent and if you actually "studied" the bible you'd know it.
And ofcourse we can be immune. My grandpa is in his 90s and still very very strong still doing his missionary work, since i was born i have "NEVER" heard he was sick tho i heard he once was Anaemic and see him praying i shame myself.
And yea we can do greater miracles than christ did as you can see it's happening today, you might say it's demonic power and if there's a "demonic" entity and why don't and won't you sit on the fact that our Christ can be real, Cos there can't be darkness without light... My mom was diagnosed of cancer 4yrs ago and then it was stage two. being a medical student we know "There's no cure" and she was going from prayer to prayer and i be wondering what's wrong with this woman? It's "Cancer we talking about For God sake" she held vigils at our house and i be just looking at them Smh then it entered stage 3 and yet she won't give up and i was in school when my sister called me screaming and crying that the cancer is GONE!! i said "It's impossible" but then i saw the result and since then i had to adjust small lol... i see some muslims at the popular churches where healing take place when they condition is passed Human powers and some also has spiritual back up from Christian pastors like i saw some muslim top officials who was at the Redeem HolyGhost service here in Abuja and i just laugh.
When your religion is based on words of a psycho monk turn Prophet and spreading violence and without a solid foundation. i'm glad that there isn't any place in the bible our "christ" preached hate or Violence yet idk what you guys want!!!

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
analize701:

Are these the verses? hahahahahahahahahaha

Im not a liar like yahweh

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents.…
— Mark 16:17,18

John 14:12

“Truly, truly, I say to you,
x whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I yam going to the Father.

No wonder there are fake miracles every where and indeed, your pastors have surpassed him in that aspect
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Yaaa people like you out of poverty will take up the christian name to start up a church biz, ruining the christian name... If Christianity has been overflowing with wonders and miracles since the beginning of time... Luciferians like you won't think of conjuring a quick biz out of it.

- @ abduljabbar4

1 Like

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

Christ!! are you this dumb? grin and clearly you wasn't a christian once... you just looking opportunities to drop ur hates without proper findings... so let me set ur butt on the mat;
"True Christians" knows christ spoke in metaphor and parables cos he was overflowing with wisdom. and he wasn't wrong saying a serpent can't hurt us - Apostle Paul in Act 28 shows how he was bitten by a serpent and if you actually "studied" the bible you'd know it.
And ofcourse we can be immune. My grandpa is in his 90s and still very very strong still doing his missionary work, since i was born i have "NEVER" heard he was sick tho i heard he once was Anaemic and see him praying i shame myself.
And yea we can do greater miracles than christ did as you can see it's happening today, you might say it's demonic power and if there's a "demonic" entity and why don't and won't you sit on the fact that our Christ can be real, Cos there can't be darkness without light... My mom was diagnosed of cancer 4yrs ago and then it was stage two. being a medical student we know "There's no cure" and she was going from prayer to prayer and i be wondering what's wrong with this woman? It's "Cancer we talking about For God sake" she held vigils at our house and i be just looking at them Smh then it entered stage 3 and yet she won't give up and i was in school when my sister called me screaming and crying that the cancer is GONE!! i said "It's impossible" but then i saw the result and since then i had to adjust small lol... i see some muslims at the popular churches where healing take place when they condition is passed Human powers and some also has spiritual back up from Christian pastors like i saw some muslim top officials who was at the Redeem HolyGhost service here in Abuja and i just laugh.
When your religion is based on words of a psycho monk turn Prophet and spreading violence and without a solid foundation. i'm glad that there isn't any place in the bible our "christ" preached hate or Violence yet idk what you guys want!!!

lol.

you are a small liar. Why is that pastor of yours that cured your mother from cancer not moving from hospital to hospital to help people?cheesy hell should there even be hospitals when we have powerful people like that? one funny thing about your miracles is that we never see any medical reportcheesy
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:
Yaaa people like you out of poverty will take up the christian name to start up a church biz, ruining the christian name... If Christianity has been overflowing with wonders and miracles since the beginning of time... Luciferians like you won't think of conjuring a quick biz out of it.

- @ abduljabbar4

can you mention those "wonders" for me cos i cant remember how many fake miracles and prophecies (tb joshua comes to my mind) that have been busted in this year alone.
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by Ranchhoddas: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

I was born into a christian family and raised as a christian. Since when i was a child i used to have some doubt about my religion owing to the way i saw my fellow arguing among themselves about who is right and who is wrong. Some believe catholics are idol worshippers, some believe that jehova witnesses are going to hell, some do not believe in trinity while some do, some do not agree that tithing is compulsory while some do. I began to have some doubts but whenever i asked my parents or pastor, they told me that i should have faith and the holy spirit would come to my aid

While in church i used to ask myself why a pastor can heal amputees, raise the dead, cure HIV and yet we still have hospitals in Nigeria (the poster 2 posts above is a typical example.). Moreover, the hundreds of cases where fake miracles and prophecies have been busted couldn't get off my mind

Touché.
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

can you mention those "wonders" for me cos i cant remember how many fake miracles and prophecies (tb joshua comes to my mind) that have been busted in this year alone.

You think if A native doctor wants to be an Entrepreneur he'd pick Islam?? I know there are many "Native doctor pastors" out there cos Christianity is the perfect religion the perfect Breeding ground. im not a enthusiast of TB Joshua and as much as im intrigued by Exorcism (as a big fan of CONSTANTINE) and Miracle, im a smart person
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

You stupid fuk i never told you he was my pastor... i wasn't and im not into all those. i do my own study myself. I take my time to pray. And why should he be going from hospital to hospital healing people? and i never told you it as "one" person. you think it's easy healing people?!? I know YOU if you had such gift YOU would be a CEO now. Fkin hypocrite

As expected they will resort to insults when you whoop their asses in an argument. Right now im clicking the 'report button'cheesy
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

You think if A native doctor wants to be an Entrepreneur he'd pick Islam?? I know there are many "Native doctor pastors" out there cos Christianity is the perfect religion the perfect Breeding ground. im not a enthusiast of TB Joshua and as much as im intrigued by Exorcism (as a big fan of CONSTANTINE) and Miracle, im a smart person

I thought your pastor transformed into a micro organism and defeater all the cancer cells in your mothercheesy so why cant he do the same for genuine other patients who are suffering from the same cancer?cheesy
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

I thought your pastor transformed into a micro organism and defeater all the cancer cells in your mothercheesy so why cant he do the same for genuine other patients who are suffering from the same cancer?cheesy

He is not my pastor for God's sake! Are u so dumb? and should i leave my education to searching for people who has been miraculously cured of Cancer? And who told you there aren't others healed off cancer at least some few. I seriously need intelligent humans to converse with. and how is it my concern what they do? i am not defending any man here but christ himself, they're only vessels. Did u even read what i wrote and hope u not somehow deferring to my mother... You've seen this things happening and you know but somehow idk why your reasoning has to be so glitched even deferring to the concept of the universe ik you won't still be able to relate...
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

As expected they will resort to insults when you whoop their asses in an argument. Right now im clicking the 'report button'cheesy

Whoop ass indeed. You just so shallow to see that i am not defending any human or pastor other than christ himself then why u forcing "Pastor" on me? did u even read what i wrote. i gave u a break down off life events yet u had to stick with the "Pastor" schamble... How would you even expect someone to go from hospital to hospital looking for who to heal? Do you know the amount of ill pleagued people that ward in daily? I was expecting to have an intelligent and reasonable one on one convo but you just picked out from the bottom of my assertions to taunt me? why? you asked a question and i gave answered why forcing a "Pastor" didn't i made it clear im a medical student who doesn't buy most of the "unexplainables"
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

He is not my pastor for God's sake! Are u so dumb? and should i leave my education to searching for people who has been miraculously cured of Cancer? And who told you there aren't others healed off cancer at least some few. I seriously need intelligent humans to converse with. and how is it my concern what they do? i am not defending any man here but christ himself, they're only vessels. Did u even read what i wrote and hope u not somehow deferring to my mother... You've seen this things happening and you know but somehow idk why your reasoning has to be so glitched even deferring to the concept of the universe ik you won't still be able to relate...

Hahahaha

so you mean YOUR pastor cannot establish a center to cure people? He doesnt need to travel around nacheesy And besides he can win more souls by healing non believers like me and millions of others but no, he prefers to heal 1 or two people in his churchcheesy

I have never seen or heard of a verified case where a pastor healed even CATARRHcheesy. All those "miracles" are fake. There are far too many cases where they have been exposed
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

Whoop ass indeed. You just so shallow to see that i am not defending any human or pastor other than christ himself then why u forcing "Pastor" on me? did u even read what i wrote. i gave u a break down off life events yet u had to stick with the "Pastor" schamble... How would you even expect someone to go from hospital to hospital looking for who to heal? Do you know the amount of ill pleagued people that ward in daily? I was expecting to have an intelligent and reasonable one on one convo but you just picked out from the bottom of my assertions to taunt me? why? you asked a question and i gave answered why forcing a "Pastor" didn't i made it clear im a medical student who doesn't buy most of the "unexplainables"

So can you show me the medical reports of those who were healed?

Daniel Kish taught himself how to use echo location to to detect objects even though he was blind. With that, he is able to ride bicycles, move around like a normal man and detect buildings (a blind man o). When he felt like he wanted to help other people by teaching them echolocation, he established a center and with that he helped thousands of blind children. Why cant your paator follow his steps? he doesnt need to move from one hospital to another.
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by enilove(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

You are right , the Bible tells us that , but how does that make God a liar ?
Have you not read in :
Acts 28:1-10 KJV
And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.
[2] And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.
[3] And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
[4] And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
[5] And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. [6] Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.
[7] In the same quarters were possessions of the chief man of the island, whose name was Publius; who received us, and lodged us three days courteously.
[8] And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.
[9] So when this was done, others also, which had diseases in the island, came, and were healed:
[10] Who also honoured us with many honours; and when we departed, they laded us with such things as were necessary.

Van you see? A serpent bite did not harm Paul , he shook it into the fire and without any medicine the poison of the snake did not harm him.He Also healed many that were sick just like Jesus did.

What about Peter. Jesus's shadow did not heal anybody but that of Peter did, doing more as Jesus said :
Acts 5:14-17 KJV
And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)
[15] Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. [16] There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. [17] Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,

Can you see that our God is not a Liar?

Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Hahahaha

so you mean YOUR pastor cannot establish a center to cure people? He doesnt need to travel around nacheesy And besides he can win more souls by healing non believers like me and millions of others but no, he prefers to heal 1 or two people in his churchcheesy

I have never seen or heard of a verified case where a pastor healed even CATARRHcheesy. All those "miracles" are fake. There are far too many cases where they have been exposed

hmm yea "MY" pastor does and many other "Good" pastors i've seen. They do.... and many others which you see on tv but too full of disgust and hate as ur religion preach to notice the good and the freedom many people experiences. Like it or not God will remain God and will still prove himself. even as a medical doctor we believe in "God" the chief Doctor and we are also his vessel the "Pastors" of the medical world... and i know you can't just expect God to visit your case without first identifying with him or having an great amount of faith. Hehe we can't keep up with yours hate cos we too busy doing the good work. If it pains you, relocate to ur village there's no place for hate in our beautiful society
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by kachi19: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

So can you show me the medical reports of those who were healed?

Daniel Kish taught himself how to use echo location to to detect objects even though he was blind. With that, he is able to ride bicycles, move around like a normal man and detect buildings (a blind man o). When he felt like he wanted to help other people by teaching them echolocation, he established a center and with that he helped thousands of blind children. Why cant your paator follow his steps? he doesnt need to move from one hospital to another.

Daniel Kish rare case of echo mobility and good work his doing... But we're talking here about the supernatural. Like i said there are many healers i know especially in Delta state where i grew up... but christianity isn't about performing miracles. there are processes like preparation of the mind and body thru the world before the healing begins... You say it like its as easy as stealing a candy from a baby. you prep a patient and anaesthetic and proper case reading before diving to surgery my brother. Who nor go nor know. u can't sit in your hut there day and night and pretend you know something lmfao... you need proper enlightenment. People get healed everyday even without laying a hand on them... There are places trust me where people had given up their job to follow christ and liberate people... stop acting like u know anything Odogwu grin
Re: THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
kachi19:

hmm yea "MY" pastor does and many other "Good" pastors i've seen. They do.... and many others which you see on tv but too full of disgust and hate as ur religion preach to notice the good and the freedom many people experiences. Like it or not God will remain God and will still prove himself. even as a medical doctor we believe in "God" the chief Doctor and we are also his vessel the "Pastors" of the medical world... and i know you can't just expect God to visit your case without first identifying with him or having an great amount of faith. Hehe we can't keep up with yours hate cos we too busy doing the good work. If it pains you, relocate to ur village there's no place for hate in our beautiful society

So you mean even pastors with cancer cannot be healed because they dont have a great amount of faith? interesting. If you are truly a medical doctor then im disappointed in you. Your uni should refund your school fees ASAP

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Donation To The Atheist. I Found IT / Your Final Destiny Is Determined By This Biblical Passage / Sufi Islam Is Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.