Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (53921 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by hassdee: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Congratulations to ABU ZARIA.Proud of my alma mater.It is truly naturally ahead.

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Iduatei:

stay there and watch covenant take over Africa and the world.
My brother dream big.Covenant taking over Africa and the world is not likely possible in the next 300 years.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by modupeleke(f): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
I represent ABU, of the greatest abusite.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by steve279(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Can't believe this, how can uni Abuja be rank as no 9
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by ezewealth(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
OrangeDream:
Same way i would interact with some of your students and still get disappointed. Your assertion is too quick and hasty. Most of you (without knowing or being in the north before) just have this notion that products from the north are not good enough. When in truth, some of them are way more intelligent than you guys over there. Get enlightened and stop this wrong thinking.
Sir, I have never met any ABU student until that day,i was disappointed because I was expecting so much from them. I am not implying that ABU is not a great school, I was just judging from the small samples I had.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Caseless:
69% pass rate is a failure in your definition, abi? So, only law school students and their performance define the strength of a.b.u? That's a fraction, guy.

Compared with other first generation universities like UI, UNN, OAU and Unilag, their performance was woeful. Law also happens to be one of the prestige courses of Nigerian universities and considering ABU had the highest allocation other than OAU and still performed woefully both in top quality (no first class, only four 2:1's and few 2:2's) and pass rate it means they lag behind. Mind you, this has always been a consistent trend. ABU's historic law school performance has always been poor (abysmal compared to other first generation Universities).

ABU doesn't produce many renowned technocrats compared to its fellow first generation universities. What it has generally been renowned for is producing Northern politicians. It also admittedly has perhaps the best infrastructure in the country. Lord knows what all those Northern politicians and military leaders have been pouring into the school over the past decades - not to mention it also has the highest Federal allocation among Nigerian universities.

In any case, the ranking is still fake.

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
ezewealth:

Sir, I have never met any ABU student until that day,i was disappointed because I was expecting so much from them. I am not implying that ABU is not a great school, I was just judging from the small samples I had.
But why would you use a minute number to judge a university community of over 45,00 students?. You are a graduate for Christ sake. Is that how to make hypothesis?.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Caseless: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
barackodam:

Exactly, you just picked mine.

Now go back to the first page, follow our convo, and read my comments
are you an abusite?
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by privatetisa(m): 12:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Pls Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44 NUC has denied several times without number that they don't make University Rankings. In fact it was stopped in 2005. By pushing this to front-page you are aiding the propagation of falsehood.
As a source for many other blogging outlets you have the responsibility to only churn out credible information.

This ranking you pushed to front page is a uni rank/4icu.ORG ranking based on web traffic as indexed by Alexa and the rest. But unfortunately the blogger even replaced Uni of Ibadan with Ahmadu Bello University.

See here

https://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by barackodam: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
are you an abusite?

Absolutely
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Caseless: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
barackodam:

Absolutely
great guy! You correct, jare.

Samaru or kongo?
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by barackodam: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
great guy! You correct, jare.

Samaru or kongo?

Samaru, Danfo
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Caseless: 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
barackodam:

Samaru, Danfo
maza!!!

Suleiman, ICSA, samaru!
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by barackodam: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2017
Caseless:
maza!!!

Suleiman, ICSA, samaru!

You no get base
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Iduatei(m): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
My brother dream big.Covenant taking over Africa and the world is not likely possible in the next 300 years.

stay dia and watch.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2017
Iduatei:

stay dia and watch.
I am watching
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nelsizzy:
So Tai Solarin Is in the 43rd position while Delsu is ranked 52nd? grin grin grin

Is it not the same DELSU where their 100L students sit on the floor to receive lectures? The deserve to be lower actually.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Nelsizzy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
writerights:

Is it not the same DELSU where their 100L students sit on the floor to receive lectures? The deserve to be lower actually.
Students sit on the floor in Uniben and they are ranked higher. Your argument holds no ground
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nelsizzy:
Students sit on the floor in Uniben and they are ranked higher. Your argument holds no ground

Lol. The rot in both systems differ.
Re: NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) by bhankymyk(m): 2:27am On Dec 28, 2017
exclusivejayce:
FUT Mx is 11th? With all the jacking! This is fake... @op post the real one joor.
hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? / Anambra Students Create Smart Walking Sticks For The Blind(photo) / Lady In Tears Begs Covenant University To Release Her Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.