Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) (84233 Views)

Rebecca Sharibu: Buhari Called Me 7 Months After Leah's Abduction / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' / #LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Aww!

This is why I love the Bible more:

"Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor" Exodus 32:27

Numbers 31:17 "Now therefore, KILL EVERY MALE AMONG THE LITTLE ONES , AND KILL EVERY WOMAN WHO HAS KNOWN MAN INTIMATELY . 18 "BUT all the GIRLS who have not known man intimately, SPARE FOR YOURSELVES "

The last verse sweet die grin

Which makes Both religions bloodsucking. QED.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
jamesibor:
No hijab as she knows the rule and abides by it.

So the first daughter should now be the constitution upon which we should all behave. Op get ur fact right before u make presentation lest u are considered unlearned

3 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by DaBillionnaire: 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Saheed9:
what do you have to say about this?
That's the chief justice of Kenya

Brother, abeg, u need not argue this issue with dumb heads that will fail to understand all because of their hatred for Islam.

Even some stupid and so called Muslim Leaders ask the Muslims to join politics so that they can represent Islam.

My brother,how many of these Muslim politicians actually fight for the Muslims in terms of justice.

Since these people are not useful, we'l pray to Allaah to grant us our right and grant us victory too.

i wonder why they use Buhari as a yardstick, why not use the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Orpe7:
I believe this Hijab of a thing started cus of the dusty winds in the middle east. So ladies can protect their hair. Now them don turn am to norm
grin grin grin read, brother, read.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2017
Mynd44:

Nah. Not by dusty winds.

Most dress codes by religions from Asia to Arabia is basically due to men wanting to control the sexuality of women. It is basically men wanting women to look less attractive, wanting to take away power from them to decide on what and what not to wear and take away their confidence.

It is a way to hold women down
grin grin grin

You're very funny!
You now appear more emotional and turn facts on their heads.

grin grin
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Mynd44: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
seeing you and mynd44 throwing away what I hold of you guys on this issue is painful to me.

Take away religion, tell me which of our law this lady has violated.

I remember the case of a girl flogged by a Catholic priest for her dressing the way she did even though she was not badly dressed. I stood against that maltreatment even whenever I had the opportunity.

Take religion away, tell me the law she's to abide by here.

Let's not act like liberates with cryptic illiteracy.
1. One of the things I have never wanted or asked of anyone is personal respect. Dont put me on some pedestal or think me to be what I am not. It is actually disgusting. Holding me to whatever standards is strictly your business.

2. What law has she violated? The laws of the school she attends she has gone through at least 6 years trainning to be a lawyer and not once has she written a petition or tried to raise a protest againt the system that has been there and suddenly tries to start a pity party. The rules of her school says do this, while I consider the ruke ridiculous, breaking the rule is wrong and should draw its own consequences. Simple.

If tomorrow, the dress code is removed and she wants to go to her call to bar in her hijab, thats her concern but as long at that silly dress code stands, that rule also stands

6 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Aww!

This is why I love the Bible more:

"Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor" Exodus 32:27

Numbers 31:17 "Now therefore, KILL EVERY MALE AMONG THE LITTLE ONES , AND KILL EVERY WOMAN WHO HAS KNOWN MAN INTIMATELY . 18 "BUT all the GIRLS who have not known man intimately, SPARE FOR YOURSELVES "

The last verse sweet die grin
sweet verses everywhere. grin grin
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by otivere: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Please any Muslim here should show where in the Quran female was instructed to to use hijab. I strongly believe muslim that wear it is because of the desert area and due to sand breeze that cause blindness. Same thing apply to Christians. Celestine Church of Christ don't wear shoe or sleepers to worship just because God instruct Moses to off his shoe. They will trek with foot from their house to church. Muslim and Christian needs understanding of the Bible and Quran
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Mynd44: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
grin grin grin

You're very funny!
You now appear more emotional and turn facts on their heads.

grin grin
Every religion is always want to control women, control their sexuality, control their thoughts, dont travel alone, cover your hair, dont lead prayers, cant wear trousers, cant be a leader, cant be a pastor, bla bla bla.

Of course, we can deny it all day but does that make it false

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by vedd: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s] your religion failed you in the most basic aspect good manners
Your savagery religion took your brain away and left you with a rotten tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Bifrost:

Which makes Both religions bloodsucking. QED.
those that live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. Check your religion before attacking others.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Mynd44: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2017
DaBillionnaire:

Brother, abeg, u need not argue this issue with dumb heads that will fail to understand all because of their hatred for Islam.

Even some stupid and so called Muslim Leaders ask the Muslims to join politics so that they can represent Islam.

My brother,how many of these Muslim politicians actually fight for the Muslims in terms of justice.

Since these people are not useful, we'l pray to Allaah to grant us our right and grant us victory too.

i wonder why they use Buhari as a yardstick, why not use the constitution.
What constitution? Since when did becoming a lawyer which is a priviledge become a constitional right?

What sort of mass hysteria is this?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2017
kimbraa:
Every institution is governed by rules and regulations, and if you can't deem it fit to keep by the rules, you fùck off. What are you even talking about? So they should make exceptional rules for Muslims?. SHM.

When will u people think out of ur bigotry. What exception is there to make when d constitution clearly supports fundamental human right. Are u brain dead to understand d fact that the constitution supercedes the rule of any institution in the country? Are u people even thinking before coming to claim rubbish on social media. Consider the school fees expended on u as waste

2 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by hazard1759(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Saheed9:

U dont know the difference between kenya and Nigeria?

Is this even an issue?
Some people are just hell bent on being stupid. How can u study for years, attend law school, only to insist on wearing a hijab to ur call to bar, there by going against the very law u're going to practice.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
those that live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. Check your religion before attacking others.

Are you by default ascribing a religion to me?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Mynd44: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

When will u people think out of ur bigotry. What exception is there to make when d constitution clearly supports fundamental human right. Are u brain dead to understand d fact that the constitution supercedes the rule of any institution in the country? Are u people even thinking before coming to claim rubbish on social media. Consider the school fees expended on u as waste
Being a lawyer is NOT a constitutional right. Dafuq you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by cooljoe(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
So every Muslim lady should copy her? The issue is a matter of rights, whatever culture the NBA created for itself cannot be used to supplant the rights of Muslim ladies who do not want to uncover their head.
well in dat case, she shouldn't go to law school. no right is absolute., dat u have. a right to freedom of speech doesn't mean u can slander she has a right to freedom of religion, if her religious beliefs contradicts wit d rules of d nba, she shouldn't have applied. so wats next- nuns will start wearing veils nd Jews wear kufi during call to bar?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:

Are you by default ascribing the Xtian religion to me?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Saheed9:

Thank God you wrote Kenya and not Nigeria, they are two different countries with their own laws.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by cooljoe(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2017
hazard1759:
U dont know the difference between kenya and Nigeria?

Is this even an issue?
Some people are just hell bent on being stupid. How can u study for years, attend law school, only to insist on wearing a hijab to ur call to bar, there by going against the very law u're going to practice.

I read, even her own dad begged her, a member of d body off benches even pleaded with her nd she refused
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 8:33am On Dec 16, 2017
otivere:
Please any Muslim here should show where in the Quran female was instructed to to use hijab. I strongly believe muslim that wear it is because of the desert area and due to sand breeze that cause blindness. Same thing apply to Christians. Celestine Church of Christ don't wear shoe or sleepers to worship just because God instruct Moses to off his shoe. They will trek with foot from their house to church. Muslim and Christian needs understanding of the Bible and Quran

It is very clear that if u are given d Queen verses that support it u will still find another excuse to negate it. Why waste valuable knowledge on lost goats. Keep on with ur history lesson
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by hazard1759(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

Is she the first Muslim Woman to study Law? If no, why is her case different?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2017
Saheed9:

Is this Kenya?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2017
ify2sladex:
These nairalanders sef. pls, is Buhari's daughter the pillar of Islam? Or what's your point exactly?
Quote me at your own peril o

Is the "pillar of Islam" the Nigerian law?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by SuccesYear: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Okay then so u are affirming that because late Gen. Sanni Abacha embezzled I should do the same

Ur Pastor or Imam is practicing evil then u should follow right

I jst dey laugh on frivolity like this

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by wellmax(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
buhari dnt knw anything about religion.

Today Buhari is Islamic fanatic, tomorrow he doesn't know anything about religion.

As in I taya for una.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2017
Mynd44:

1. One of the things I have never wanted or asked of anyone is personal respect. Dont out me on some pedestal or think me to be what I am not. It is actually disgusting. Holding me to whatever standards is strictly your business.
I do not hold you to any "supernatural" status - you're a creation filled with flaws just like everyone. But the common sense of discernment that's innate is thrown away and here is my pain.

Mynd44:

2. What law has she violated? The laws of the school she attends she has gone through at least 6 years trainning to be a lawyer and not once has she written a petition or tried to raise a protest againt the system that has been there and suddenly tries to start a pity party. The rules of her school says do this, while I consider the ruke ridiculous, breaking the rule is wrong and should draw its own consequences. Simple.

If tomorrow, the dress code is removed and she wants to go to her call to bar in her hijab, thats her concern but as long at that silly dress code stands, that rule also stands
she hasn't broken any law and by dressing the way she did , she has fought a just cause and constitution given its due supremacy over any "law school rules" .

2 Likes

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by DaBillionnaire: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Mynd44:

What constitution? Since when did becoming a lawyer which is a priviledge become a constitional right?

What sort of mass hysteria is this?

mass hysteria, or anything u call it

is the below not in the constitution:

Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution and Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right, provide:“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

may be it has been erased.

@least, this is part of what she studied for 6 years or thereabout. abi no be lawyer dey review constitution?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

We should start proving our religion to you, please how is it your business? Why are you so pained about what Muslim women wear? When will hypocritical Christians face their religion instead of mindless envy of Muslim women?

So you are a Yoruba Muslim
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No wonder
Chanting sai baba like a headless chicken grin
Head slamming no good oo
grin grin grin
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by marod(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Sodirano:
Tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity

And not to display their charm (in public) beyond what may be (decent) apparently

Hence let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms

And let them not display their charms

To any but their husbands, or their fathers

Or their husbands’ fathers, or their sons, or their husbands’ sons or their brotherstheir brothers’ sons

Or their sisters’ sons

Or their women

Or what their right hands own

Or such men as attend them, not having sexual desire

Or children who about women private parts are unaware

And let them not stamp their feet, so that their

Hidden ornaments are known in clear

And to Allah turn altogether

Oh believers, haply so you will prosper (Quran 24: 31)
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2017
hazard1759:
Is she the first Muslim Woman to study Law? If no, why is her case different?

Her case is different because she chose to put her foot down and exercise her fundamental human right. She should be celebrated for pointing out the hypocrisy of the judiciary and not vilified. For your info. the lady will eventually have her way, this delay is just a recess for her

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by hazard1759(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2017
No be lawyer she be,... She should Sue the NBA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) / Major K Yakubu Killed By Boko Haram After Faulty Vehicle / Graphic: See Photos From The First Bank Bomb Blast In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.