Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,233 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) (84217 Views)

Rebecca Sharibu: Buhari Called Me 7 Months After Leah's Abduction / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' / #LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Stalwert: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2017
[s]
cooljoe:
bro's no nid for d insult na. I was just trying to make a point. the supreme Court in Asari dokubo v. FRN, said dat our fundamental human rights are not absolute. so nobody is denying her rights. if u clamour 4 d rules to change, it can't just be change 4 only Muslims, it will apply to any/ol religions. don't u tink d c2b will look like a circus if Jews wear a "kufi", nuns wear "veils", Muslims wear "hijab" nd so on and so forth
[/s]

I repeat I am not a bigot like you who life's joy is to deprive others from their rights. If you like let them permit ifa priest to wear what they want, it matters not to me their kettle of fish.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Stalwert: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2017
[s]
nwakibie3:

Lol... see who is talking

Abeg sexualising of women is a culture in Islam and u know that
[/s]

Get out of my mention, you should be searching for your missing sewage rat ipob boss cownu instead of chanting Islam.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

All these small lawyers Taya me. So what you read in law school told you that school Rule is superior to section 38 and 42 of the Nigerian constitution? You see why our lawyers only follow politicians?
Read that together with section 1(3) of the Nigerian constitution.

What this small girl is telling you is that these rule negates her rights under the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Roza Parks is aware of the segregation rule before she sat in front of the bus,nothing would have change want of that singular act.

There was a rule that female soldiers should not be at combat zone before we fought to reverse it

Time changes and so does rule. Tolerance is the key word. Wearing hijab neatly tucked into her law gown does not diminish her capacity neither does it infringe on your fundamental human right,therefore why hate?

Islamophobia is wrong. Even Britain where u borrowed this legal system from hv gone beyond this

OK let try to understand your twisted logic..... So a personal religious beliefs should supercede a collective agreement as guaranteed by that same constitution?

If the small girl is saying it negates her rights....... Does she not know the way to the courts? She should try her lick in court and tell them about "Rosa Parks"..... like we don't know......

Was her freedom to practice her religion infringed upon? Absolutely not. The law school simply asked her to obey laid down rules. Her inability to process that (same as yours) is the problem here. People like you see everything as against you, from a selfish perspective and not from a selfless one. How many religion do we have in Nigeria.. and which one has alleged in this context that laws school dress-code violates their beliefs
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by ameh99: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2017
One of the major problem in this part of the world is religion

Hypocrites, that's what we are....

We pretend to be so religious and yet do so little for humanity...

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2017
cooljoe:
I'm gona go check 4 superior argument/authority to counter u. lawyer don't know ol d laws, he should jst know wia to find d law *winks
Good. I like that. It shows you're brilliant.

When you do, hit me up.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Stalwert:
So every Muslim lady should copy her? The issue is a matter of rights, whatever culture the NBA created for itself cannot be used to supplant the rights of Muslim ladies who do not want to uncover their head.

A sauce for the goose is good for the gander...no religion should claim any funny right. If it is a rule then you either abide by it to exclude yourself from the body that made the rule.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by ovavuhassan(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:

Why so hostile? I never said I was against there wear, to be sincere I care less. The reason for the question is to prove that the hijab was never instructed in the Quran.

I appreciate your understanding but unfortunately it was wrong..
as the brother has just referred you to verse of the quran and that of bible, yes, hijab was not specifically mention but then I also implore you to check the meaning of the arabic word "hijab". it means any gament that covers your body.. have you seen why hijab is unavoidable now??..
There are things you don't need to be specific.. for example, your government teacher tels you in class that go and read o as we will be havin C.A next week, common sense doesn't implore you to ask, like "sir/ma, is it our economics we should read or commerce?".. he don't need to be specific.. that's what it is here...
Hijab is therefore mentioned in the quran..
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by zakari247(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
saraki the Senate presidents daughter was a Muslim but she married a Christian. so should the attitude determine the principle of a religion as disciplined as islam. don't give me the identity of a Christian and tell me its the law. what fucking law written and decided by men and men whom Muslim where not part of. this is the colonial culture and their culture is Christianity. Muslims have being quite for too long to watch nonsense going on and be patient. this is a Muslims identity (the hijab) and wat it tell is any who is sincerely put that on can never be compromised, she will not cheat, she won't take bribe, she will be truthful even in the face of death. this is whom we are Muslims. the hijab is the symbol to make our women out from other because they are women of dignity who have the right not to dress like other women. because they have freedom given to them not by men but their maker. I'm strongly believing she will be called cuz they know their law is faulty. I'm proudly a Muslim and care less of wat you think
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
SuccesYear:
Tell me are these laws supreme to Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (pointing right to freedom of religion)?

.... and tell me how did they law school deny her from practicing her personal religion, by telling her to obey rules that is applicable to everybody?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
stop disgracing yourself because of religion. The law in Kenya permits that our laws are not the same. It's simple understanding .
Saheed9:
what do you have to say about this?
That's the chief justice of Kenya

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2017
mapet:

OK let try to understand your twisted logic..... So a personal religious beliefs should supercede a collective agreement as guaranteed by that same constitution?

If the small girl is saying it negates her rights....... Does she not know the way to the courts? She should try her lick in court and tell them about "Rosa Parks"..... like we don't know......

Was her freedom to practice her religion infringed upon? Absolutely not. The law school simply asked her to obey laid down rules. Her inability to process that (same as yours) is the problem here. People like you see everything as against you, from a selfish perspective and not from a selfless one. How many religion do we have in Nigeria.. and which one has alleged in this context that laws school dress-code violates their beliefs
I mentioned you in my post, you avoided it and here you're here displaying what you can't defend.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
just the reverend sisters only cover themselves like they do in times of prayer.

What an answer.

Even the picture dey display as "Biblical Mary and Jesus", the former self dey cover her body well while the later dey kp beard.

Before the now trending "beard gang" thing, most full bearded guyz are tagged a Muslim.

Now, the hypocrite lots dey carry beard enter their place of worship and never have dey for once, criticized their " Biblical Mary" mode of dressing but are super quick to attack any akin looking Muslim lady.

The sensible few amongst dem, recognize the need to respect some other religion beliefs and dogmas
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by HarmonyDee(f): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
what law?
The exemption of hijab or any other covering on the head is just for a few hours why couldn't she adhere.
The wig the lawyers wear isn't it a covering for the hair
She decided to jeopardize everything she worked hard for.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
buhari dnt knw anything about religion.
That's the reality. I don't know you are seeing the way am viewing. If not as a practicing Muslim in Nigeria, Sharia should be hold on to within your immediate family. You can see the way the wife and children are dressing to public gathering is highly against the teaching of Islam.when people are saying Buhari would islamized Nigeria, I just the watch them..
As a religious Muslim leader, you have to treat all your followers justly in-respective of your differences, I don't know if he is crediting this particular course...
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by nonut: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

The "Biblical God" of Moses isn't different from that of Joshua and even Jesus.

The verse wasn't quoted from Hindu's or some other religious books. It was quoted from ur very own Bible and as "directed" by ur "Biblical God" so, shove down ur explanation and don't even try to bring dis bla bla bla bull sh*t hia.

U must be well fed with ur pill.

We are used to u guyz picking a particular verse with a view of displaying ur sheer ignorance without getting to know how it came to be.

Don't be tired yet!
Islam is indeed a peaceful religion. The hate and anguish emanating from your post is enough to put me down literally.
Take it easy bro, else you might get a heart attack.
Religion was here before you were born and it will still be here by the time you die.
Our biblical God like you said was directing the message to the Israelites. You can believe what you like, but that's that.
Even if it was for Christians, at least our God never asked us to kill anyone who's not a Christian unlike your confused god who also claims to be pissful.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Elthugnificent(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2017
dawahlarry:

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

This is the verse you requested for.
That's is an explanatary verse Mr Man. I have already quoted the original version and it has nothing to do with that.

[24:31] Say to the believing men that they restrain their eyes and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Surely, Allah is well aware of what they do.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

What an answer.

Even the picture dey display as "Biblical Mary and Jesus" self dey cover her body well and the later dey kp beard.

Before the now trending "beard gang" thing, most full bearded guyz are tagged a Muslim.

Now, the hypocrite lots dey carry beard enter their place of worship and never have dey once criticized their " Biblical Mary" mode of dressing but are super quick to attack any akin looking Muslim lady.

The sensible few amongst dem, recognize the need to respect some other religion beliefs and dogmas

Something is really wrong with teaching process in the church. When they run out of what to say, they attack Islam to keep their gullible congregation tethered.

Jidena and Co are called bearded gang and celebrated. A must seen with the same beards is tagged a fanatic. Even adeboye warned his pastors not to keep beards, but there's no image representation of Jesus where he's not bearded . Adeboye as a former lecturer should know the importance of beards to where it's found, but he chose to be guided by hate and emotion just to misled his congregation.

Just like the Bible is full of contradiction, this contradiction is seen in the action of most Christians who know very little about their religion but claim to know everything about Islam.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:
I mentioned you in my post, you avoided it and here you're here displaying what you can't defend.

Hi caseless, I have followed your arguments on this matter and I dont agree with you. The constitution doesn't guarantee rights that contravene other people's rights. And other people in this case might be organisations or workplaces. If the girl has a constitutional right to express her religious beliefs, I as an organisation also have a constitutional right to be religiously neutral. Let me put it this way, this is the basis of the separation of church and state, or in this case religion and state and that is why Nigeria is a secular state having banned a state religion in its constitution. This matter was debated at the level of the European Court of Justice fairly recently and it was determined that those actions do not constitute a direct discrimination if an organisation decides to be religiously neutral. The only caveat is that the rule must be applied across board affecting all religious and political affiliations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39264845

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2017
Caseless:

Wa'iyakum, brother.

They're full of hate to learn, I don't bother myself on them anymore.

salamu alaikum brother, may Allah open their eyes....we need to continue supporting them with prayers for Allah's guidance.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:

That's is an explanatary verse Mr Man. I have already quoted the original version and it has nothing to do with that.

[24:31] Say to the believing men that they restrain their eyes and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Surely, Allah is well aware of what they do.

grin grin grin typical of you guys, you just distorted the verse to suit you.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2017
adams123:

salamu alaikum brother, may Allah open their eyes....we need to continue supporting them with prayers for Allah's guidance.
wa'alaikum Salam, brother. You're right, they need not our condemnation, but our compassion.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by aorta(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2017
jamesibor:
No hijab as she knows the rule and abides by it.
This is a not a rule but a tradition.....when you know nothing don’t come online to waste your mb....there is a court judgement on hijab which is a case between Lagos state vs MSSN...Traditions can not overcome constitutional right which is right to religion....

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2017
chomchom1:
E- WARRIORS WIL NOT LIKE THIS PIX.. OP THANKS SO MUCH FOR ENDING D RELIGIOUS WAR.
I will say it again: president Buhari and his family do not represent face of Islam in Nigeria. They might be Muslims or claimed to be Muslims, they are not standard for Muslims in Nigeria. Thanks. And there was no war.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dvee2: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2017
mapet:

You just come here blabbing and cursing still not able to bring a valid argument.
I asked u a simple question,which Nigeria law did the girl break by wearing a hijab no answer and you are talking about rules
I ask you another question school rule and Nigerian constitution which one comes first? No answer you said the school did not stop her from practicing her religion, my friend herein lies the problem most of you fail to understand it does
For a muslim girl denying her to cover her hair is like denying her to practice her religion because it's a divine Instruction.
The next thing u would say is why can't she briefly remove it? And I ask you if someone asked you to briefly deny your Lord Jesus Christ for only an hour would you? It's the same for a Muslim girl the head cover is compulsory no removal once outside.
Finally most of you don't read,there is a similar case that went up to the Nigerian Apeal court and the Muslim girl won the case because it's simply a case of rule VS fundamental human right uphold by the constitution. the judges in this case ruled in favour of the Muslim girl,so who are u to come here talking about twisted logic? You have the twisted logic and Islamophobia because u can tolerate a small girl neatly tucking in her hijab under her graduation gown.
FYI Google Lagos state government vs Aisha Abdul Kareem same hijab issue, same argument by fools like you and the girl won the case in court.
I will also give you court case reference number
Apeal No: CA/L/135/2015
#Tolerance my friend.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:

your quote is Qur'an chapter 24 Verse 30 and not VERSE 31. PLEASEEEE.....

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2017
dvee2:

You just come here blabbing and cursing still not able to bring a valid argument.
I asked u a simple question,which Nigeria law did the girl break by wearing a hijab no answer and you are talking about rules
I ask you another question school rule and Nigerian constitution which one comes first? No answer you said the school did not stop her from practicing her religion, my friend herein lies the problem most of you fail to understand it does
For a muslim girl denying her to cover her hair is like denying her to practice her religion because it's a divine Instruction.
The next thing u would say is why can't she briefly remove it? And I ask you if someone asked you to briefly deny your Lord Jesus Christ for only an hour would you? It's the same for a Muslim girl the head cover is compulsory no removal once outside.
Finally most of you don't read,there is a similar case that went up to the Nigerian Apeal court and the Muslim girl won the case because it's simply a case of rule VS fundamental human right uphold by the constitution. the judges in this case ruled in favour of the Muslim girl,so who are u to come here talking about twisted logic? You have the twisted logic and Islamophobia because u can tolerate a small girl neatly tucking in her hijab under her graduation gown.
FYI Google Lagos state government vs Aisha Abdul Kareem same hijab issue, same argument by fools like you and the girl won the case in court.
I will also give you court case reference number
Apeal No: CA/L/135/2015
#Tolerance my friend.

Brother, her right doesn't supersede the right of the Law school to be religiously neutral. if she can't abide by the rules of the Law school, she shouldn't have gone there. it's very simple.

On the case you sighted, the matter needs to be escalated to the supreme court. Your constitutional rights don't give you licence to trample on other people's constitutional rights. it's that simple
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by zakari247(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2017
HarmonyDee:

The exemption of hijab or any other covering on the head is just for a few hours why couldn't she adhere.
The wig the lawyers wear isn't it a covering for the hair
She decided to jeopardize everything she worked hard for.
no Muslim women are not as hypocritical as the Christians whom only cover the head on a Sunday while they pray. the Muslim woman done hers all the time. because it part of her worship. my believe comes first before Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2017
mapet:

.... and tell me how did they law school deny her from practicing her personal religion, by telling her to obey rules that is applicable to everybody?
No rule can supercede the constitution.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dimade1: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2017
ukeleh:
Is President Buhari's daughter a standard to measure Islam? The standard of Islam is the Holy Quran. In the holy Quran, women are told to wear Hijab same as in the Bible. For the fact that Christians don't obey all laws in their Bible will not make Muslims to be forcefully disobey the Quran.
That's how they follow there GO blind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 16, 2017
ify2sladex:

Kindly check Quran 33:59
And I suppose you're a Christian, how about you refer to Corinthians 11:6? (It is clearly stated that your women should cover their hair)
Study your Bible first b4 putting your mouth in what you know nothing about!

Young women cover ur hair while praying ...red the verse 5 before I talk, it didn't say she should cover hair to law school. That same Bible also admonished us to respect the laws of the land
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
dyydxx:

Brother, her right doesn't supersede the right of the Law school to be religiously neutral. if she can't abide by the rules of the Law school, she shouldn't have gone there. it's very simple.
Her rights to wear hijab has been favoured by the constitution which supercedes the rules of the law school. All what she or any other activist needs is to head to court.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by dyydxx: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
maasoap:

No rule can supercede the constitution.

There is too much ignorance, which constitution?. is it not the same constitution that guarantees the rights of those who are religiously neutral? what are you even saying sef?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) / Major K Yakubu Killed By Boko Haram After Faulty Vehicle / Graphic: See Photos From The First Bank Bomb Blast In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.