Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? (2076 Views)

Affiliate Funds Transfered From Kenya But Nigeria Bank Saying The Cant Recieve / INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! / Website That Generates Money And Traffic On Autopilot For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by safeact(m): 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2010
Just felt a slight inquisitive, i have bn pondering d issue for long and so decided to offload it, cos i know for sure i will get d answer. Some days back, it was announced that aisha will now be assisting kosovo as moderator political session even with some good packages attached. Pls how do Seun or d owner of dis site fund d site to keep all d various session immuned from viruses(human), since all that is done here are basically free! Pls mayb i might be wrong but i stand to be corrected!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by ladi02(m): 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
Ads = Income
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
I wonder why you will just conclude that everything is about money? You think i am Employed and paid for moderating on nairaland? Sorry to burst your bubble, this is a non paying volunteer activity
safeact:

Just felt a slight inquisitive, i have bn pondering d issue for long and so decided to offload it, cos i know for sure i will get d answer. Some days back, it was announced that aisha will now be assisting kosovo as moderator political session even with [b]some good packages attached. Pls [/b]how do Seun or d owner of dis site fund d site to keep all d various session immuned from viruses(human), since all that is done here are basically free! Pls mayb i might be wrong but i stand to be corrected!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by egift(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
@ poster:
With the traffic, page rank and membership on this site - Seun makes more money from Google than many professional put together (niaja wise).

I believe he deserves it. Its a good online community service. Be mindful that he is not even exploiting up to 20% of the income capacity of this site. Shalom!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by safeact(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
Sorry aisha, i was just curious cos nairaland is too good to be just a non profitable organisation. Cudos to d mgt. I love nairaland! I wonder how things would have been without u. Probably very boring!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by violent(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
You see those two big pictures at the top of the page as well as the bottom?. . well they are not free!

Every time an individual clicks on that, some amount drops into seun's pocket!

Google makes it money by sending traffic to people's website!

And some website owners (such as Seun) make money from google by using a program called "Adsense"

and if you look the lower right hand corner of the adverts, you'd see the labelling "Ads by google"
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Sunofgod(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2010
Yeah - Google Adsense.

Plus email address harvesting/sales/marketing.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:58am On Apr 02, 2010
Seun makes his cash thru Ads. And lots of cash.
I believe though, that Nairaland doesn't harness up to a tenth of its financial potential.

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by becomrich6: 2:47am On Apr 02, 2010
na mouth seun makes nothing from adsense. if he does,let him show us the figures.

He cant, you would be so disappointed. I boost he cant show you. I know have more pages than nairaland.

Nairaland total number of pages is about 400,000 . I can tell you in one week, can have 400,000 pages in one week.

Look at front page. with 136,031 topics.  nairaland is at 364842 topics.   By tomorrow. I would come and show you the stat again. And we would see how many new topics have produced. In the last 80 days , new topics has been over 110,000 topics.  When you compare that to about 20,000 of nairaland.

But i like this boy zeal, but hate is moderation.
if he stop insulting people. may be it would get better.

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by becomrich6: 3:03am On Apr 02, 2010
One thing I would share with seun is a secret. In a relationship people love been treated like a king. If a woman does not treat me like a king. I would not like that woman. I would prefer a woman that treat me like a king. But the one who treat me, like shit1. I ignore  and let her go and look for men, who are ready to be treated like slave. I dont call people who do not treat me well. I dont give a hell about them. I love them, but hate been treated bad.

I do not take abuse. And would not be a victim of abuse. And seun better learn that now, it is a secret to success. you can see nobody is ready to vote for igbo people in nigeria because of the way they treat other nigerian. If I contest against an igbo in nigeria. he can not beat , no matter how well know he is . Why? because nigerian believe igbo people ripe people off. which is the truth. Same thing with seun and nairaland. As he continue to abuse people. He would end up like igbo people.

Even as I am shouting break up nigeria. I would win the whole north before any igboman. Why? go and find out. It is when the igbos agree to go with the north and we remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa to make the north majority then the north would know igbo people like them.  as long as the igbos refuse, the north would continue to hate them. Igbos have to vote in the national assembly to support the remover of yorubas,edo,delta anad bayelsa from nigeria.

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by olaolabiy: 3:29am On Apr 02, 2010
becomerich6
i love your usage of english.it doesn't suck.did i say suck?
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by becomrich6: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
no english.

The problem is in nigeria. when people own website. they think they are wasting thier time.

This is a clue to how much people make been online. You can sit in your house and become millionaire over the internet.  Kijiji.ca made 240 million or so last years. common website.   Can you make that been an engineer or accountant or doctor. NO.

1. Markus Frind: PlentyOfFish.com - $300,000 per month
2. Kevin Rose: Digg.com - $250,000 per month
3. Jeremy Shoemaker - $140,000 per month
4. Jason Calacanis: Weblogs, Inc. - $120,000 per month
5. David Miles Jr. & Kato Leonard - $100,000 per month
6. Tim Carter: AskTheBuilder.com - $30,000 per month
7. Joel Comm - $24,000 per month
8. Shawn Hogan – DigitalPoint.com $10,000 per month
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by becomrich6: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
Google own several building around the USA. it is just a website. The owns are worth $12 billion each. Nigerian living in Nigeria thinks, there is no money in it.

Bill gate own bing.com hotmail.com and he is rich. why?

You see, website involve technology. that why I said seun should go back to school. I live abroad. He can generate employment for other nigerian. That why I have been written. I have worked in an IT company before. And it was also a website. with several offices.

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by slap1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^ Na wah for this becomricch, it's like acid sun is shinning on ur head rite now.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by olaolabiy: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
i love becomerich6.love him or hate him,he's always himself.he is well-informed too.by the way,are you in the uk?i think i'd like to know you better.may be i can tap a bit from your well of information.
thanks.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
safeact:

Just felt a slight inquisitive, i have bn pondering d issue for long and so decided to offload it, cos i know for sure i will get d answer. Some days back, it was announced that aisha will now be assisting kosovo as moderator political session even with some good packages attached. Pls how do Seun or d owner of dis site fund d site to keep all d various session immuned from viruses(human), since all that is done here are basically free! Pls mayb i might be wrong but i stand to be corrected!

I don't mean to sound rude but how is it your business how this site generates funds? This is somebody's business venture and only him or his management should understand perfectly the business model. Why not just concentrate on enjoying the site for the purposes for which it was created.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by PapaBrowne(m): 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^
Whats wrong with seeking knowledge. The guy just wants to know. It is up to the management to choose whether or not to hide such information.
If you don't ask questions how will you learn new things?
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

^^^^
Whats wrong with seeking knowledge. The guy just wants to know. It is up to the management to choose whether or not to hide such information.
If you don't ask questions how will you learn new things?

So you know individuals who share their business models and strategy with possible competitors? Why does the poster want to know how Nairaland generates its revenues? We all know that Nigerians like to copy but not innovate.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by ikeyman00(m): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
@@@@@@@@
becomerich

u are mad!! yes as an igboman i can tell u the truth

now never forget that!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by safeact(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
@katsumoto, sorry i dont mean to sound rude too, its a pity that its ur type that is drawing us in nigeria! Ur kind of person can never b a teacher or lecturer because all u will b thinking about is that ur students might know more than u know or even when u r placed in a higher position like minister(which ur type can never get), u will any information that u think that wil bring about d development of that sector. Better work on ur belief system, it wil help u.

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
safeact:

@katsumoto, sorry i dont mean to sound rude too, its a pity that its your type that is drawing us in nigeria! your kind of person can never b a teacher or lecturer because all u will b thinking about is that your students might know more than u know or even when u r placed in a higher position like minister(which your type can never get), u will any information that u think that wil bring about d development of that sector. Better work on your belief system, it wil help u.

grin grin grin 
You are very funny; you want someone to share the secrets of his business with you. Why do you need to know if not that you want to copy Nairaland's business model? Can you not develop your own idea and find a way to make money from it. Besides, Seun's business model and strategy is not known to him alone. He has probably shared it with those who work with him. If you want to be his student, why not ask him for a job instead of starting a thread that will yield no fruit.
Ok, I take it back. Seun, please tell him how you make money.

By the way, its not people like me who are holding Nigeria back, it is those who are lazy and want to make quick money from someone else's sweat. It is because of lazy people that long term strategy is no more than 4 years.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by chosen04(f): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2010
Katsumoto:

So you know individuals who share their business models and strategy with possible competitors?

Yeap!!! I have "MENTORS" who are ready to download and upload their business models to me inspite of the fact that we run similar biz.

Katsumoto:

Why those the poster want to know how Nairaland generates its revenues?

Whats wrong in ONE wanting to/knowing how much a forum you are a MEMBER generates and how?. Your above question is too childish.

Katsumoto:

We all know that Nigerians like to copy but not innovate.

Only failures are afraid of being copied. The successful just set the pace, thus can never be overtaken and met by copycaters.

Your Points are baseless!!!

@Katsumoto,
Is someone using your ID cos i cant believe you made such SILLY comments. Once thought you have stepped UP!!!
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
@katsumono. I think you are wrong. The poster simply asked how the owner of this site generates income from it, and its different from saying he wants to know his business strategy as you are insinuating. The question of how income is generated cannot not be a secret.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
@chosen04. Take it soft on him cos we all do flop at times. Nobody gets it right always.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by safeact(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sorry to disappoint u, i already have something serious that im engaged in and i dnt mean any harm to d guy. I can employ u and place on a good salary with free accom if u are stil a cyber, Dnt mean to sound rude.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Sunofgod(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
Where do Nairaland pay their taxes?

shocked
grin
shocked

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by chosen04(f): 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
eina:

@chosen04. Take it soft on him cos we all do flop at times. Nobody gets it right always.

Ok. Remain Blessed.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
chosen04:

Yeap!!! I have "MENTORS" who are ready to download and upload their business models to me inspite of the fact that we run similar biz.

Whats wrong  in ONE wanting to/knowing how much a forum you are a MEMBER generates and how?. Your above question is too childish.

Only failures are afraid of being copied. The successful just set the pace, thus can never be overtaken and met by copycaters.

Your Points are baseless!!!

@Katsumoto,
Is someone using your ID cos i cant believe you made such SILLY comments. Once thought you have stepped UP!!!

Successful strategies are copied time and time again but hardly do you find anyone sharing the secrets of their business with anyone. Mentoring and coaching are different from sharing business models.
So you think you that because you are a member of Naiaraland, you deserve to know how Nairaland generates revenue and how much it generates?
Since you drink coca-cola, why not ask for the coke formula. Even if you pay for services on this site, you are only entiltled to the services that you pay for. If you think that by making a few posts, then you deserve to be invited to lunch, then you must be a child.I am not going to get into a debate with you because I am not going to get into any infantile arguments.

eina:

@katsumono. I think you are wrong. The poster simply asked how the owner of this site generates income from it, and its different from saying he wants to know his business strategy as you are insinuating. The question of how income is generated cannot not be a secret.

Is Seun's business strategy not linked to his business model? Are they two different things? After coming upi with an idea, then you find a way to generate revenue from it; that is a business model. Can you tell me how generating revenue is different from a business strategy?
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2010
safeact:

Sorry to disappoint u, i already have something serious that im engaged in and i dnt mean any harm to d guy. I can employ u and place on a good salary with free accom if u are stil a cyber, Dnt mean to sound rude.

You are unable to discern the business model of an enterprise like this and you want to place me on a good salary!!! It amazes me how people make irrational assumptions on this forum.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by DualCore1: 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ok guys, show's over. This thingy has been brought to the Webmasters section from God knows where. I wonder why. 

Stay on course with the thread or beat it. Webmasters don't do trash, so y'all keep the brags and trash  in Politics or wherever this came from.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by papaejima2: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2010
One thing I find common among many "educated" Nigerians is that they find it difficult to admit they are wrong in any argument. See how @katsumoto is still arguing even after being corrected and adminished. It is more honourable to say "yeah, I think I was wrong" than to keep on arguing a wrong point. Almost everyone who has had some kind of education in Nigeria think they know it all and can never be wrong. They think when they give in to a superior argument, they are losing face. It is a very bad mentality we have to change in this country. It is because of such mentality that you hardly find any Nigerian resigning from a post even when there is a clear case of incompetence or ineptitude.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Borat1: 11:17am On Apr 04, 2010
aisha2:

I wonder why you will just conclude that everything is about money? You think i am Employed and paid for moderating on nairaland? Sorry to burst your bubble, this is a non paying volunteer activity

Just say you declined on any monetary incentive. .
Stop bullshiitting!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Active Facebook Page With 26k Likes For Sale!!! / Anyone With Knowledge About Web Designing? / Affiliate Check Collection Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.