Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? (2088 Views)

Affiliate Funds Transfered From Kenya But Nigeria Bank Saying The Cant Recieve / INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! / Website That Generates Money And Traffic On Autopilot For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2010
papa ejima:

One thing I find common among many "educated" Nigerians is that they find it difficult to admit they are wrong in any argument. See how @katsumoto is still arguing even after being corrected and adminished. It is more honourable to say "yeah, I think I was wrong" than to keep on arguing a wrong point. Almost everyone who has had some kind of education in Nigeria think they know it all and can never be wrong. They think when they give in to a superior argument, they are losing face. It is a very bad mentality we have to change in this country. It is because of such mentality that you hardly find any Nigerian resigning from a post even when there is a clear case of incompetence or ineptitude.

What are you on about? can one be wrong on an opinion? I only voiced my OWN opinion? Besides, Seun moved this thread here; why didn't he answer the question put forward by the OP if it is the norm?

There was no superior argument; only a difference of opinion. If and when you have your own business, you can share your secrets with every one who asks for it.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by papaejima2: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
@katsumoto, Sorry you still did not get me. It's not just you but in this country you hardly find someone saying "yeah, I think you were right". I am also a member of some foreign forums especially UK sports forums so I have noticed that they have a different mentality from ours. I know it is a difference of opinion but when sometimes you can find out that your opinion was flawed, you just admit it instead of embarking on an unending argument. It is not weakness, to me it is a sign of a great mind. This is why you find out that most of our forums here are riddled with personal jibes and insults. Everyone seem to claim they know it all and a psychologist will tell you that it is a sign of insecurity or weakness. I hope you find the advise in good taste. PEACE.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by Katsumoto: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2010
papa ejima:

@katsumoto, Sorry you still did not get me. It's not just you but in this country you hardly find someone saying "yeah, I think you were right". I am also a member of some foreign forums especially UK sports forums so I have noticed that they have a different mentality from ours. I know it is a difference of opinion but when sometimes you can find out that your opinion was flawed, you just admit it instead of embarking on an unending argument. It is not weakness, to me it is a sign of a great mind. This is why you find out that most of our forums here are riddled with personal jibes and insults. Everyone seem to claim they know it all and a psychologist will tell you that it is a sign of insecurity or weakness. I hope you find the advise in good taste. PEACE.

I don't disagree with your argument; I am however disputing its application to my post. I shared my opinion; there is nothing supremacist about my position. If you are unable to find the flaws in my argument, then do not apply a generalist flaw to my position. Point out the flaws in my argument. No one is right or wrong; the position you take depends on whether you believe in sharing business strategy with potential competitors. I find this, 'if a majority say its right, then it must be right' mentality irritating. The majority are not necessarily right everytime.

Instead of trying to prove a point to me, why don't you and the other 'right' posters answer the questions put forward by the original poster or since you are so right, why don't you compel Seun to answer the questions?
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by BidzaMoyo(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2010
It appears there are a lot of haters on this thread? I wonder why.

I am not a Nigerian and I can yes this is probably one of the best forums I have come across on line. I am not saying it is perfect no far from it however it is informative, it has a wide span of influence and it has great mix of characters.

With success comes responsibility and I believe the owners of this site has resisted the urge to paste the whole site with adverts, and this makes for a great user experience.

The other thing I love about this site is the sheer passion the users have, for example, this topic was about "How Nairaland Generates Its Funds?", however at somepoint we have completely gone off topic. And actually the off topic TOPIC is probably the thing on everyone mind. This is why I enjoy NL, the sheer unpredictably.

I will give you my two cents - As an African I believe we all owe it to future generations to stand up and be counted. This may be something as small as disagreeing with the headmaster at the staff meeting or not going along with things that are against your beliefs. For far too long we have stood in the sidelines as spectators and we complain when we are not invited to the high table.

Seun is an example of a entrepreneur and we Africans need to celebrate that. The British, the Germans and the American are not going to do that for us.  So I guess what I am trying to say is do not hate success BE inspired by it.
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by sandy0000: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2010
Thanks Bidza for a wonderful responce to this. Nairaland sets the pace and I love it !
Re: How Nairaland Generates Its Funds? by dellnet: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
word on the street this site is up for N25billion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Spc4 Component / MMM Clone Script For Just 7k On Nairaland / Downloadable Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.