Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Driver's License Or Cash At Hand - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver's License Or Cash At Hand (1189 Views)

Does The Police Force Has The Jurisdiction To Ask For Driver's License? / How To Correct Error In Driver's License / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by chucksbadt(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
My drivers license expired just 2 weeks back.
I'm a bit reluctant to apply for a new one because it's seems like a waste to me.
For the 4 years i had the license, surprisingly i only used it 3 times on the road,the rest would be "ah Chairman anything for the boys"
And of cos i must Roger them something.

Driven several times from Port Harcourt to Anambra to and fro without issuing my license.

Seems it's a waste
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by utepu: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
My brother, it is no waste. If you must drive, your valid license must be handy.
You may have had your way all this while driving without it.
FRSC will not spare you if you are caught driving without having the license handy.
Don't let me catch you.
Hope you know the prescribed fine for it.
A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by jaychubi: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
chucksbadt:
I'm a bit reluctant to apply for a new one because it's seems like a waste to me.
For the 4 years i had the license, surprisingly i only used it 3 times on the road,the rest would be "ah Chairman anything for the boys"

Driven several times from Port Harcourt to Anambra to and fro without issuing my license.

Seems it's a waste

I am in this exact position

My car papers will expire by 19th Dec and my drivers license expired in Nov and I dnt want to renew them b4 traveling for Xmas. I jst want to change 2k to 100 naira notes n put in my car for Rojas.

I ve had my license for 4 yrs I ve never been stopped BC of it, nt even my car papers I renew yearly
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by jaychubi: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
utepu:
My brother, it is no waste. If you must drive, your valid license must be handy.
FRSC will not spare you if you are caught driving without having the license handy.
Don't let me catch you.

Nothing they happen it won't pass 1k settlement
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by jaychubi: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
utepu:
Don't let me catch you.

Nothing they happen it won't pass 1k settlement, dt is if I will stop for u. Since FRSC dnt have gun y shld I even stop for them when I kw my drivers license is expired.

1 Like

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by chucksbadt(m): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
utepu:
Don't let me catch you.

"don't let me catch you"

Hmmmm

My license expired 2 weeks ago. I'm still with the 30 day bracket to renew my licence.

Why are you threatening me?
Don't let me take this up, cos av gone through your profile already!
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by makavele: 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
chucksbadt:

"don't let me catch you"

Hmmmm

My license expired 2 weeks ago. I'm still with the 30 day bracket to renew my licence.

Why are you threatening me?
Don't let me take this up, cos av gone through your profile already!

keyboard warrior

1 Like

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by uboma(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
It pays to be law abiding.

Renew your Driver's License and car documents and have peace of mind when you are driving.

Remember that the person asking and the one giving are both corrupt......

1 Like

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by utepu: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
I am a Special Marshall of FRSC, I mean everything I have said. If I catch you, I will make you a scape goat to serve as deterrent for others who will follow your footsteps.
Go and get your valid License.
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by uboma(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
utepu:
I am a Special Marshall of FRSC, I mean everything I have said. If I catch you, I will make you a scape goat to serve as deterrent for others who will follow your footsteps.

Stop bragging here.

The process of securing a Driver's License is flawed. Too many bottlenecks and endless delays.

Direct your energies towards creating a hitch free system instead.
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by thegame(m): 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
utepu:

Please keep quiet and go easy with the threats. Are you the only law abiding officer in Nigeria, or because you are on Nairaland now, we should not rest anymore? Kpshew!!

@Op, kindly renew the license and drive with confidence, not watching your back or avoiding routes with officers. The thing is, the devil works in mysterious ways. You may not have used the license or vehicle papers in the duration it takes to expire but the confidence you have when driving is really second to none because you know you have nothing to worry about. If at all you get stopped by police or FRSC, you are good to go. Do you realize the way they ask for money when your papers are complete is different from the way they ask for money when your papers are incomplete? One is asking/begging politely, the other is pure extortion. You have a choice to decline with one, the other, you have no choice other than seriously beg and be delayed, if at all your begging works.

Just follow the honourable route and renew your papers, and driver’s license even if you feel you don’t need it. My 2cents

4 Likes

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by uboma(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
Excellent post @ thegame
Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by bravolad(m): 5:21am On Dec 17, 2017
chucksbadt:

Seems it's a waste

I don't understand why you seek online advise because it seems you have made up your mind not to renew it. But just to remind you that the men in uniform will ONLY take your 1k or the lower denominations you have where your documents including the DL are intact.

In case you are not aware, if you mistakenly knock someone down or get involved in an accident & someone dies as a result, it's manslaughter. Remember it's a proposition before you bring in some religious sentiments.

In addition, your car could be impounded if you are caught driving with an expired DL and additional sanctions meted out to you for the offence.

It's almost always to your advantage to renew your DL as this gives you some level of courage when driving.

Good luck with your choice.

1 Like

Re: Driver's License Or Cash At Hand by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2017
makavele:

keyboard warrior

see me here, that's my title na.......
we have to start using our titles here more often..

maybe SEUN should create an option to enable users group themselves.

e.g if someone cc a group like demeanor, all the monikers in that group get the quote instantly

(1) (Reply)

Help !!!! Mazda 6 Jerks When In Gear And Goes Off!!! / Need Help In Picking A Car / please help urgent engine oil light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.