Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy (51575 Views)

Bashir El-rufai To NBA: Redirect Your Useless Invitation To Wike, Fayose / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh' / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Emergence Of Secondus, Atiku’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Mccullum: 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
FRESHG:
JIHADI ISHAQ AKINTOLA IS ABOUT TO CAUSE SERIOUS WAR IN THE SOUTH WEST.I URGE ALL THE GOOD OMOLUABIS TO GET RID OF THIS TERRORIST NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

To you he's a terrorist but for me is a freedom fighter. your CAN should also be view as a terror group if you can call this innocent man terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by dokiOloye(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Useless headslammers

Why join an organization whose code of conduct is against your religion?

Its called hypocrisy

ISLAMABAD
The mumu girl no see Sharia Law go study,where she can even wear suicide belt if she wants.
Mtceeew

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by bughead: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
efighter:

Gather all your family members and go and say this rubbish in your skull at Kani Central Mosque. Even your corpses will not be available for burial. Idiotic slowpoke. Why is it so difficult for fools and nonentities to respect other people's religion and believes?
this are the people who claim that Islam is peace!

Your blood tasty Allah is at work in ya!

No wonder your fellow suicide squad bombers are now turning against ya in a sweet way grin
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by rhektor(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Origin:
To think Femi Fani said that.

Wow.

The hijab is not a Friday wear that you use on special occasion. As you would feel without wearing undies is how she feels with her hijab. And that is the difference.

Would anyone ask a lady to remove her panties in public?. Why would anyone begrudge her her dignity and right.

She did not put on her hijab for the occasion, it is not gele, it is not beret, it is her everyday garb.

Nobody will tell her to remove her panties in the public but for the sake sanity no lady would by herself go to a gathering where she would be asked to remove her panties no sane lady would voluntarily join any group that would ask her to do that I'm the public. The law is a profession guided by its ethics and as such whoever joins is expected to abide by the rules. Fair enough?

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Trumps: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
morereb10:
The controversy surrounding the Nigeria Bar Association and the Unilorin student who was denied a call to Nigeria Bar has been generating controversy since two days now. Even the President of Nigeria Bar Association have waded into the controversy as promised that everything will be resolved as soon as possible.

The former Aviation Minister Chief Femi Fani-Kayode (SAN) has blamed the student in question Amasa Firdaus, who was denied ‘call to bar’ by officials of the Council of Legal Education (CLE) for failing to remove her veil, otherwise known as hijab.

Fani kayode said Firdaus was only being childish and disingenuous as Nigeria is a secular state and she cannot insist on wearing a religious garb during a secular ceremony. The former minster, while reacting via his Twitter handle said;

”The girl that insisted on wearing her hijab during her call to the Nigerian bar was being childish and disingenuous. ”You cannot insist on wearing religious garb during a secular ceremony and she is not the first Muslim to be called to the Nigerian bar. Nigeria is a secular state.”

See his post below and people's reactions.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/12/femi-fani-kayode-reacts-to-nba-unilorin.html

FFK you are a paedophile and a drug addict you can never see anything good in a girl appearing in a decent dressing (Hijab), I will advise you to go back to Ghana and complete your rehab course.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by dieBYfire: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nice one FFK

Didn't she know that the profession she was going to study doesn't allow any dress code other than what is permitted?

This is similar to the case of a religious person whose religion doesn't permit him to see other women's private part but wants to be a doctor, especially the one that delivers babies.

Are we now to say that the vagina of women about to deliver at his hospital should be cut off just to please him? If he can't stand it, he should go find another profession.

Allowing this girl to bring her religious views I to a profession will be disastrous for others. If she is to defend a Christian against a guilty Muslim, she will definitely undermine the case of the Christian just to please the Muslim cos their Prophet said they should never take sides with a non-muslims in a struggle.

Imagine the amount of Christians she will send to loss if she becomes a judge.

Keep your religion away from law.

Look at what their Prophet said to Muslims.

Ibn Kathir v.2 p.213 - No believer shall kill any believer for any non-believer. Nor shall he HELP any non-believer against a believer - People

Sahih Muslim (2167) - "Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Very rubbish religion! They are the greatest problem in Nigeria! If this saga happened to a Christian, the case would have been a forgotten issue by now.

Islam is just a stupid and violent religion. Now i Understand That the Silly Prophet Mohammed is just a stupid Terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by talk2percy(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
So Nigeria is shamelessly discussing this inconsequential matter while other countries of the world are discussing the way forward? Who has religion ever helped in this country other than causing blood bath?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Pataricatering(f): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
Islam has been around for 1400 years so it’s yiu that will now wipe it out ? Better face ur Christianity !
odduduwa:
good reaction Islam must be wiped out by fire by sword
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Abdulhakeem78(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
Blaqsmith:
Don't blame Firdaus. Blame Islam. Blame religion.

For the religion poisons everything... even the most learned of wigs.

It's so unfortunate that while other nations are progressing, hijab is causing a national reaction in Nigeria.

Btw, FFK is right
Your comment on this issue shows your are a soft-witted boy.You as a person failed to differentiate between human being and the society he lives.You should have done a favour to yourself by mentioning those nations.Muslim women are many in Harvard university with their face veil.Your primitive state of being add nothing to your humanity but palpable backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
kings09:
Christians n traditional worshippers beta get ur robes n cowries ready if dis hijab of a thing is finally allowed by d NBA.

Muslims want fight for fight, they ll get it.

NBA should just be ready to receive choir robes n amadioha uniforms.

Please what does an Amadioha uniform, look like? Kindly upload pictures. Thanks! wink

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by selfemployed(m): 10:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
Is she also going to wear the hijab in the Court room?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
Origin:

Wow.

The hijab is not a Friday wear that you use on special occasion. As you would feel without wearing undies is how she feels with her hijab. And that is the difference.

Would anyone ask a lady to remove her panties in public?. Why would anyone begrudge her her dignity and right.

She did not put on her hijab for the occasion, it is not gele, it is not beret, it is her everyday garb.

She knew the hijab was NOT part of the approved dress code for lawyers appearing in court, even before she applied to study law. Why get into the profession and start trying to break the rules?? The hijab is NOT like a woman's panties. So stop trying to draw illogical parallels!

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by SOFTENGR: 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
phranklyn92:
Sincerely, I really don't see why this hijab thing seems to be a problem. If she wants to wear her hijab, let her do so abeg.

Infact am getting tired of this whole religion-induced issues sef angry angry angry
Don't start what you can't sustain. If she's allowed, the next thing you will see is a lady in black, full, face-covering robe like a ninja waiting to be called to bar. Just like this below

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Daddybright1986(m): 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
I see no point making argument and bad comments about the delayed career she caused to herself. Despite I been a Muslim, I blame the lady because, when she went for call to bar screening, an accurate call to bar dress code was given to her and so to every call to bar candidate to avoid nonuniformity during the call. However, when she was undergoing her undergraduate program, all law students have their own code of dressing, she never used traditional rappers instead of the suit. More so, she went through same dressing code when in law school and also followed all the regulations concerning law creed without violating. She knew what she was going into when she got admission to read law with full awareness of the way they dress and anything that has to do with law. Avoiding reading law was the first thing she would have done earlier because she knows that some of it's yearnings go direct opposite with her religion's. I don't blame them for not calling her to bar. I strongly blame her. Because she is a Muslim, that doesn't mean she is at it and right against them. No. Studying law is her dream, something she has passion for. And she knows everything about it before going into it and she started the journey. Let her alone face the wrath of her decision. Finally, keep Islam out of it please, because it doesn't encourage her to go for it, and it won't be there for her to defend her. And mind you, this piece depicts only my view about her misfortune.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by gaskiyamagana: 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
odduduwa:
good reaction Islam must be wiped out by fire by sword
Online madness. We what to read more from mad nature
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Daddybright1986:
I see no point making argument and bad comments about the delayed career she caused to herself. Despite I been a Muslim, I blame the lady because, when she went for call to bar screening, an accurate call to bar dress code was given to her and so to every call to bar candidate to avoid nonuniformity during the call.

However, when she was undergoing her undergraduate program, all law students have their own code of dressing, she never used traditional rappers instead of the suit. More so, she went through same dressing code when in law school and also followed all the regulations concerning law creed without violating.

She knew what she was going into when she got admission to read law with full awareness of the way they dress and anything that has to do with law. Avoiding reading law was the first thing she would have done earlier because she knows that some of it's yearnings go direct opposite with her religion's.

I don't blame them for not calling her to bar. I strongly blame her. Because she is a Muslim, that doesn't mean she is at it and right against them. No. Studying law is her dream, something she has passion for. And she knows everything about it before going into it and she started the journey.

Let her alone face the wrath of her decision. Finally, keep Islam out of it please, because it doesn't encourage her to go for it, and it won't be there for her to defend her. And mind you, this piece depicts only my view about her misfortune.

Thank you for standing on the side of truth, objectivity and rational thinking. May the Almighty Creator bless you...

6 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by shallysgirl: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
phranklyn92:
Sincerely, I really don't see why this hijab thing seems to be a problem. If she wants to wear her hijab, let her do so abeg.

Infact am getting tired of this whole religion-induced issues sef angry angry angry
Why should she be allowed to do what she wants.
My sister will be called to bar next year,she must tie her gele then embarassed
Your comment is lousy.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by gozie112(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
ok
hahahaha....NwaAmaikpe wannabe grin grin
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by exclusivejayce(m): 12:10am On Dec 17, 2017
Since i've not said anything about this "hijab" matter before, lemme say my mind. You don't expect me to go to Saudi Arabia and study CRS. Its high time we (nigerians) place humanity before religion. If Iran were to wipe out the whole America with a nuclear bomb, you think it would inform the islam faithfulls first? nah. Iranians in the u.s would first be informed. God said "love ur neighbour as urself" and guess what... ur neighbours mostly are not of the same faith as u. And as for the lady, it seems ur years in skul dnt worth it. Habi has that hijab been on u since u were born?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by michony505(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2017
efighter:

Gather all your family members and go and say this rubbish in your skull at Kani Central Mosque. Even your corpses will not be available for burial. Idiotic slowpoke. Why is it so difficult for fools and nonentities to respect other people's religion and believes?
Why must he be killed for that statement this is one thing Christians can never do
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2017
dieBYfire:

Very rubbish religion! They are the greatest problem in Nigeria! If this saga happened to a Christian, the case would have been a forgotten issue by now.

Islam is just a stupid and violent religion. Now i Understand That the Silly Prophet Mohammed is just a stupid Terrorist

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

Since you concluded Islam is a rubbish religion based on what the guy wrote. What would you term Christianity as?

Since you have concluded that Islam is stupid and violence religion, what would you term Christianity as?

Since prophet Muhammed is a terrorist to you? What's Jesus then?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by delpee(f): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Origin:

Wow.

The standing rules of the Nigerian Law School are clear and she can't claim ignorance. Until it is changed, anyone who doesn't comply has broken the law. It's a matter that the Islamic organisations could have dealt with privately and diplomatically instead of encouraging flagrant disobedience. A lawyer who lacks discipline can't hold her head high at the bar. Besides she had a choice not to study 'secular law'. Sharia law exists in our constitution and it's being practised. It's an option that's more faith friendly for her. There are Muslims who avoid studying English Law cos it is considered Haram.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Fawie(m): 1:05am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:
Christians n traditional worshippers beta get ur robes n cowries ready if dis hijab of a thing is finally allowed by d NBA.

Muslims want fight for fight, they ll get it.

NBA should just be ready to receive choir robes n amadioha uniforms.
so far it clearly shows the gown and the wig wear whatever you want to wear.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by manutdadex(m): 1:10am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

Since you concluded Islam is a rubbish religion based on what the guy wrote. What would you term Christianity as?

Since you have concluded that Islam is stupid and violence religion, what would you term Christianity as?

all what u quoted was from Deuteronomy right... Am still searching for d words of Jesus there o.. Then if u cant find a word of Christ telling Christians to kill people of opposite religion pls hold ur peace. Christians = Christlike... Not Judaism.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 17, 2017
manutdadex:
all what u quoted was from Deuteronomy right... Am still searching for d words of Jesus there o.. Then if u cant find a word of Christ telling Christians to kill people of opposite religion pls hold ur peace. Christians = Christlike... Not Judaism.

Mathew 10: 34

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

I guess the sword is meant for killing chicken right?

Luke 12: 51

Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other!

How can you bring division with bloodshed?

Mathew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Old testament is valid so Deuteronomy and other negative chapters in the Bible counts

Do you consider it Judaism when you pray with Pslam?
Do you consider it Judaism when you quote proverbs?
Do you question your pastors when they collect tithe with Malachi?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 17, 2017
Mizmycoli I see u. It's being a while. Sup with you?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by MizMyColi(f): 2:17am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:
Mizmycoli I see u. It's being a while. Sup with you?

It's been a while truly.
Lol

You miss bashing me eh?

I'm good nonetheless.

You?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by MizMyColi(f): 2:19am On Dec 17, 2017
Hello @Ollah1

But I thought Christ abolished the law?

Old testament should be grossly invalid...
None of it should apply to a christian under the dispensation of grace...or don't you think?

Well, what do I know....

Let me coman be going cool

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Mariangeles(f): 2:19am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

What you quoted was a Jewish law and not Christianity teaching... don't try to teach what you can never know
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Mariangeles(f): 2:25am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Mathew 10: 34

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

I guess the sword is meant for killing chicken right?

Luke 12: 51

Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other!

How can you bring division with bloodshed?

Mathew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Old testament is valid so Deuteronomy and other negative chapters in the Bible counts

Do you consider it Judaism when you pray with Pslam?
Do you consider it Judaism when you quote proverbs?
Do you question your pastors when they collect tithe with Malachi?
You think you understand the bible just because you know a few verse? guess what? You don't and can never understand with the ordinary mind because it is spiritually discerned...mind you: Jesus was talking about others hating and killing Christians for His name sake which is what's happening today...and I know that you can bear witness to that.
Have you ever heard of Christians killing people just because they don't share the same faith as them?
DON'T TRY TO BE WHAT YOU'RE NOT!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by ayinba1(f): 2:46am On Dec 17, 2017
Mariangeles:
You think you understand the bible just because you know a few verse? guess what? You don't and can never understand with the ordinary mind because it is spiritually discerned...mind you: Jesus was talking about others hating and killing Christians for His name sake which is what's happening today...and I know that you can bear witness to that.
Have you ever heard of Christians killing people just because they don't share the same faith as them?
DON'T TRY TO BE WHAT YOU'RE NOT!

Yeah right.
The bible has to be read with spiritual eyes of which you possess 2.

Mtschheewww!
You should Google the question about Christians killing others based on difference if religion.
I don't agree with the one individual who said someone would die if they say something at a mosque. Hypocrisy is using this person to generalize about Muslims.

Before you hurt yourself with CVA/ hypertension, I'll leave you to reflect on this

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ - 61:8

Translation

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

And Allah's word is true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Escapes Aborted Arik Plane Crash In Lagos. Photos / Dino Melaye Mourns Majek Fashek, Recalls "Fire Go Burn All Your Enemies" Comment / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.