Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy (51574 Views)

Bashir El-rufai To NBA: Redirect Your Useless Invitation To Wike, Fayose / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh' / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Emergence Of Secondus, Atiku’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
you guys need exposure. Your are so ill-informed and illiterate.

You're the one in need of an exposure!

We will not permit any dirty arabic wear in our institution!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by kayodekb: 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
morereb10:
The controversy surrounding the Nigeria Bar Association and the Unilorin student who was denied a call to Nigeria Bar has been generating controversy since two days now. Even the President of Nigeria Bar Association have waded into the controversy as promised that everything will be resolved as soon as possible.

The former Aviation Minister Chief Femi Fani-Kayode (SAN) has blamed the student in question Amasa Firdaus, who was denied ‘call to bar’ by officials of the Council of Legal Education (CLE) for failing to remove her veil, otherwise known as hijab.

Fani kayode said Firdaus was only being childish and disingenuous as Nigeria is a secular state and she cannot insist on wearing a religious garb during a secular ceremony. The former minster, while reacting via his Twitter handle said;

”The girl that insisted on wearing her hijab during her call to the Nigerian bar was being childish and disingenuous. ”You cannot insist on wearing religious garb during a secular ceremony and she is not the first Muslim to be called to the Nigerian bar. Nigeria is a secular state.”

See his post below and people's reactions.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/12/femi-fani-kayode-reacts-to-nba-unilorin.html

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FOOL, IDIOTIC PU**Y LOVER, PAEDOPHILE, WOMAN BEATER AND FANATICS LIKE FFK TO SAY? AM NOT SURPRISE A BIT BECAUSE I KNOW HE IS A FOOL RIGHT FROM ONSET
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by AdelekeAkinola(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
odduduwa:
good reaction Islam must be wiped out by fire by sword
. Pls those of us that are Christian should stop insulting Muslims just because of what they believe. If u insult a Muslim you are the evil one. We must always remember that judgement lies with God to judge who is right in serving him or wrong. U hope u people know that God said we should love our neighbour whether Muslim, Christian or pagan.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

nigeria is a christian country?

New York city bus driver

New York City Police

New York city Judge

Is Nigeria more secular than America?. Nigeria Christians need to be recolonized to reset your brains.

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

This is nyc subway. NY hijabi civil servants.

Are to more secular than America? . Òdę angry

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

Makkah ad in new York city subway are you more secularized than America?. You need to remove hate from your heart.

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

This is niqa (fave veil) currently being advertised by new York authority in theIr subway platform. Who the hell is Nigeria?

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
This is nyc subway. NY hijabi civil servants.

Are to more secular than America? . Òdę angry

What's this one talking about?

Look closely, those are arabs! I don't care what arab wear on their heads, they can even come to live in Nigeria with such attires like they did in America but what I won't permit is any stupid arabic wears in our institution!

If women wants covering on their head in Law, let them tie gele! Now, that's a proper africa culture! Yeye.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
This is niqa (fave veil) currently being advertised by new York authority in theIr subway platform. Who the hell is Nigeria?

Well, it's for Arab and Jews, or anyone who loves such attires! After all, no one's stopping your Muslim sisters from wearing their niqa on the streets! But it's a no no in our institution, now you can go and slam your head on a rock if you're pained!

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

What's this one talking about?

Look closely, those are arabs! I don't care what arab wear on their heads, they can even come to live in Nigeria with such attires like they did in America but what I won't permit is any stupid arabic wears in our institution!

If women wants covering on their head in Law, let them tie gele! Now, that's a proper africa culture! Yeye.
When i said you are ill informed, perhaps, you should know I was right. Who told you Islam is arab culture?. Is that black woman, who is a judge in New York Arab too?. Ode ni e.

And whether it is gele or hijab, it is simply headscarf for muslim women. How many nigerian christians even wear gele?. Ode nie

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

Well, it's for Arab and Jews, or anyone who loves such attires! After all, no one's stopping your Muslim sisters from wearing their niqa on the streets! But it's a no no in our institution, now you can go and slam your head on a rock if you're pained!

I have said it, Ode nie
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
When i said you are ill informed, perhaps, you should know I was right. Who told you Islam is arab culture?. Is that black woman, who is a judge in New York Arab too?. Ode ni e.

And whether it is gele or hijab, it is simply headscarf for muslim women. How many nigerian christians even wear gele?. Ode nie

What's this one saying? Where did I mention that Islam is only arabic?

I stated that such Arabic dressings are not permitted in our institution. Christianity originated from the Jews, right? Did you see Christians wear a jewish attire to serve God? Did they speak in Jewish language to commune with God?

Is God not supposed to have created an africa man as well? How come you can't display your cultural garbs and your very essence before the God that made you that way? Unless you're saying Allah is not impartial!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
I have said it, Ode nie

Goan sleep! Your head is only filled with religion. Funny how educated folks are reduced to illiterates because of a religion.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

What's this one saying? Where did I mention that Islam is only arabic?

I stated that such Arabic dressings are not permitted in our institution. Christianity originated from the Jews, right? Did you see Christians wear a jewish attire to serve God? Did they speak in Jewish language to commune with God?

Is God not supposed to have created an africa man as well? How come you can't display your cultural garbs and your very essence before the God that made you that way? Unless you're saying Allah is impartial!
You confused?. As i said before, Ode nie
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
You confused?. As i said before, Ode nie

If you want to become an Arab, go live in saudi!

We're africans, not arabs! It's not by force!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

If you want to become an Arab, go live in saudi!

We're africans, not arabs! It's not by force!
As i said before, ode nie. You are now sounding more like islamophobes in the West @underlined

Now this should further resolves your dilemma.

AgentOfAllah:
It's a poor example, sorry! I am not arguing against uniformity, I am arguing for the accommodation of religious diversity in the national institutions of a secular country. The Nigerian army is just as culpable as the law school in this regard. Look, hijab is clearly something that some religious people feel very strongly about. It takes nothing, absolutely nothing away from uniformity, nor does it change the overall character of your uniform anymore than wearing a wig, or having a mole on your face does.

Nothing! People should be able to put on whatever is sacred to them, unless it is obviously impractical. You cannot send a deeperlife devotee to war in a long skirt, for instance.

See, I'm not debating the army, so forgive my reluctance to go down a rabbit hole that will only prolong this conversation unnecessarily. Firdaus is not a soldier, she is a lawyer, and she is fighting for her right in her chosen profession. If a hijabi lady who wishes to join the army comes out to fight for her right to wear the hijab while practicing her profession, I will give her my full support! Such anachronistic and discriminatory rules have no place in the national institutions of a secular country.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
Makkah ad in new York city subway are you more secularized than America?. You need to remove hate from your heart.
Empiree:
People can advertise anything in the subway in New York. It doesn't mean anything. There are spaces meant for adverts on the wall, and once you pay the required fees then you are free to put up your ad, once it does not conflict with the advertising codes. It is simply a source of revenue for them.

It does not mean that the New York subway authorities endorse the message in your advert, neither does it mean they agree with its contents, or they would adopt it. undecided

If an IFA worshipper were to place an ad on the subway of the New York Train platform, it would be accepted. In fact, it might just be placed side by side with the advert on the niqab. wink

For your info, the niqab has been banned by France, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium and a few towns in Italy.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
As i said before, ode nie. You are now sounding more like islamophobes in the West @underlined

Now this should further resolves your dilemma.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say..

Why exactly did you want to permit an arabic wear in our institution?

Your women want a head covering in their call to bar and I suggested "gele", a proper african cultural garb yet you keep on gnashing your teeth. What else do you want me to do? Yeye.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
Vivere:

People can advertise anything in the subway in New York. It doesn't mean anything. There are spaces meant for adverts on the wall, and once you pay the required fees then you are free to put up your ad, once it does not conflict with the advertising codes. It is simply a source of revenue for them.

It does not mean that the New York subway authorities endorse the message in your advert, neither does it mean they agree with its contents, or they would adopt it. undecided

If an IFA worshipper were to place an ad on the subway of the New York Train platform, it would be accepted. In fact, it might just be placed side by side with the advert on the niqab. wink

For your info, the niqab has been banned by France, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium and a few towns in Italy.
my point is communicated. Wig used by nigerian lawyer was introduced by the colonial masters, and colonial masters are christians. Hence, wig is euphemism to christianity. For subway, you are just correct which suggests that it is still about constitutional right. Now your point is?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
my point is communicated. Wig used by nigerian lawyer was introduced by the colonial masters, and colonial masters are christians. Hence, wig is euphemism to christianity. For subway, you are just correct which suggests that it is still about constitutional right. Now your point is?

The wig was introduced by the colonial masters, but were they all Christians? Many of them were atheists. As for the subway adverts, it is about raising the revenue base of the subway, and not about constitutional rights. They did not accept to put up those ads, based on constitutional rights, but to raise money. Do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

I really don't understand what you're trying to say..

Why exactly did you want to permit an arabic wear in our institution?

Your women want a head covering in their call to bar and I suggested "gele", a proper african cultural garb yet you keep on gnashing your teeth. What else do you want me to do? Yeye.
Sorry, buddy, if you are a women and a lawyer or anyone you know decides to put on gele on thier gown, it is their choice if that makes you comfortable. Gele and hijab are simply headcover with difference in their appearances. A muslim woman decided to wear hijab on her gown, how is that your business?. I am sure 100% if a muslim woman wore gele to the Bar, you would still have something negative to say.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
Vivere:

The wig was introduced by the colonial masters, but were they all Christians? Many of them were atheists. As for the subway adverts, it is about raising the revenue base of the subway, and not about constitutional rights. They did not accept to put up those ads, based on constitutional rights, but to raise money. Do you get it now?
Lol, Atheists?. Too late to come up with that crap. Atheists yet they handed us christianity?. You are incredible. Fact that you as some point agreed that wig is to christianity, hence, the implication is they forced muslim too to embrace christian headrag. Again, i dont doubt it is about money. But if you wanna know constitutional rights are involved, all you have to do is take off muslim woman's hijab on the street of the street of New York and see what happens. Your ass will be locked up. Besides, don't you see where it says about discriminations?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
Sorry, buddy, if you are a women and a lawyer or anyone you know decides to put on gele on thier gown, it is their choice if that makes you comfortable. Gele and hijab are simply headcover with difference in their appearances. A muslim woman decided to wear hijab on her gown, how is that your business?. I am sure 100% if a muslim woman wore gele to the Bar, you would still have something negative to say.

Why are you crying nah?

NBA says no wearing on the head, you and your sister cried.

And I suggested colourful 'gele', a proper africa wear, you still dey cry.. Note that this 'gele' also addresses the Nuns issue!

I repeat, stupid arabic wear will not be allowed in our institution! Cry me an Ocean.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

Why are you crying nah?

NBA says no wearing on the head, you and your sister cried.

And I suggested colourful 'gele', a proper africa wear, you still dey cry.. Note that this 'gele' also addresses the Nuns issue!

I repeat, stupid arabic wear will not be allowed in our institution! Cry me an Ocean.
It doesnt take degree to figure out there is hatred for islam and muslims in your heart. Again, anyone wants to wear gele on their gown can go ahead. Talk is cheap. Just do it already. Let me tell you again that Hijab is not Arabic thing. Dont you get it?. It is a universal religious command. If it is arab thing, why do White muslims wear it?. Why do Asian muslims wear it?. Why do Caribbean people wear it?

Hijab is NOT arab culture but Islamic culture
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by rhektor(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dpleaser:

So are u suggesting she sud quit being a Muslim lady because she intends to practice law or she should honor d event because of her hijab. I think u are not getting d point. The country's constitution allows for everybody to belong to a religion n practice it as stipulated by d religions law. Part of the rule of the religion is wearing of hijab for female. So why should this result into headache for d Christians. You people are the real haters, instead of u to focus on how to liberate yourself from ur private-jet riding Daddy G.O, you are there criticizing other people's religion. Smh, I pray u get it right b4 it'll be too late sad

Did you see anything Christian in my post? Are you so afraid of Christians so much that it dies give you nightmare? Guy don't kill yourself before your death come. Always try to respond to issues that has been brought to you. I did not even mention Islam in my comment, why are you so blinded by hatred so much that all you could do is bring religion into every matter. Before you eat rat poison on this hijab matter you better go and read her interview first. She admitted that there is a convention which she refused to abide by. She claim that she did what she did to speak for other Muslims who couldn't speak for themselves, this means she have the knowledge of the consequences. So why do you have to bring Christianity into your madness? Be warned I may not be nice the next time you try to derail thread like this
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:

Funny how you say wig is euphemism to christianity. Lol. Wig is actually foreign hairs, not Christianity, those hair could be made from Indian for all we care!

And yeah, I agree that there's no use conforming to any set of colonial rules, be either Arabic or the british! Africa cultures must be back in full force. A very colourful "gele" would suffice for all party.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Diademk07:

Funny how you say wig is euphemism to christianity. Lol. Wig is actually foreign hairs, not Christianity, those hair could be made from Indian for all we care!

And yeah, I agree that there's no use conforming to any set of colonial rules, be either Arabic or the british! Africa cultures must be back in full force. A very colourful "gele" would suffice for all party.
Go ahead....whatever rock your boat. Talk is cheap. Just wear gele on Bar gown to the Bar already and post your picture here
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
It doesnt take degree to figure out there is hatred for islam and muslims in your heart. Again, anyone wants to wear gele on their gown can go ahead. Talk is cheap. Just do it already. Let me tell you again that Hijab is not Arabic thing. Dont you get it?. It is a universal religious command. If it is arab thing, why do White muslims wear it?. Why do Asian muslims wear it?. Why do Caribbean people wear it?

Hijab is NOT arab culture but Islamic culture

Hijab is arabic culture, not africa culture! That's all I need to know!

And yeah, gele wearing is coming back in full force! Go and rock your head on a rock if you're pained!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Diademk07: 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
Go ahead....whatever rock your boat. Talk is cheap. Just wear gele on Bar gown to the Bar already and post your picture here

Yes nah. After all, your muslim sister, fidaus taught us the way.

Africa all the way! Lovely africa culture.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Vivere: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Empiree:
Lol, Atheists?. Too late to come up with that crap. Atheists yet they handed us christianity?. You are incredible. Fact that you as some point agreed that wig is to christianity, hence, the implication is they forced muslim too to embrace christian headrag. Again, i dont doubt it is about money. But if you wanna know constitutional rights are involved, all you have to do is take off muslim woman's hijab on the street of the street of New York and see what happens. Your ass will be locked up. Besides, don't you see where it says about discriminations?

Can you see the mistake you are making? You are assuming that all the colonial masters were Christians. That is an error. Some were Christians and those were the first set of missionaries. The next set were business men and merchants, so they opened up trade frontiers with the colonies, on behalf of their govt. Alongside this set were teachers and medical doctors. So these ones promoted education and medicine. A large number of the.merchants, doctors etc were atheists. Go back into history, and check. They engaged in slave trade and oppressive acts.

You keep holding up New York as your standard, yet there are many Muslims in New York who do not wear the hijab, and there are several non-Muslims who do not like the hijab or support it. The authorities are merely trying to protect everybody's rights - both Muslims and nob-Muslims, alike.

Even at that, there are some grey areas where such clothing like niqab, burqa etc, needs to be shifted aside, to allow for easy identification.

When it comes to constitutional rights, you should realise that the freedom to swing your arms, ends where the next person's nose, begins. Rights are not absolute, and do not occur in isolation.

Tomorrow, the same New York authorities might wake up to ban it, if they feel it constitutes a security risk.

A few western European countries have banned the burqa and niqab, for security reasons. Yet, you fail to mention those ones. Is it because they prefer to uphold security above religious preferences?

As for the subway authorities in New York, constitutional rights do NOT play a part in their acceptance of any advert. I have seen an ad promoting Buddhist philosophy on the subway, before. The acceptance of adverts, is driven by pecuniary gains - no more, no less!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Escapes Aborted Arik Plane Crash In Lagos. Photos / Dino Melaye Mourns Majek Fashek, Recalls "Fire Go Burn All Your Enemies" Comment / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.