Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy (51568 Views)

Bashir El-rufai To NBA: Redirect Your Useless Invitation To Wike, Fayose / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh' / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Emergence Of Secondus, Atiku’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by lonelydora: 3:43am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:
Christians n traditional worshippers beta get ur robes n cowries ready if dis hijab of a thing is finally allowed by d NBA.

Muslims want fight for fight, they ll get it.

NBA should just be ready to receive choir robes n amadioha uniforms.

One mu.mu governor tried it in Osun state and got mire than he bargained. If NBA tries it, that will be the end of calling to bar.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by highrank(m): 4:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Femi Fani kayode needs an orientation ,Nigeria is not a secular state rather it is a multi religious state.A secular state does not believe in God but in Nigeria we have faith in God which clearly manifest in our National anthem." O God of creation direct our noble cause....."

Fani kayode should go and find out what is the meaning of secular state.Nigeria is a multi religious state which always observes holiday base on religion such as Christmas holiday,Mawlud holiday ,Eid fitril holiday e.t.c .It is lack of orientation that can make one to refer to Nigeria as a secular state.

Hijab is a constitutional right of Miss Firdaws Amasa and no one can denied her that. She is a Muslim lawyer not a lawyer Muslim she has been practising islam before studying law and not vice versa .Therefore she can not forsake Islam because of her profession.

I can only refer to those people who called themselves Muslims who are castigating sist. Firdaws because of her Hijab as hypocrites.They want to be westerners and modernists and still be Muslims, even when the Britons have consigned the wigs to the waste bins of history.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by bakynes(m): 4:33am On Dec 17, 2017
highrank:
Femi Fani kayode needs an orientation ,Nigeria is not a secular state rather it is a multi religious state.A secular state does not believe in God but in Nigeria we have faith in God which clearly manifest in our National anthem." O God of creation direct our noble cause....."

Fani kayode should go and find out what is the meaning of secular state.Nigeria is a multi religious state which always observes holiday base on religion such as Christmas holiday,Mawlud holiday ,Eid fitril holiday e.t.c .It is lack of orientation that can make one to refer to Nigeria as a secular state.

Hijab is a constitutional right of Miss Firdaws Amasa and no one can denied her that. She is a Muslim lawyer not a lawyer Muslim she has been practising islam before studying law and not vice versa .Therefore she can not forsake Islam because of her profession.

I can only refer to those people who called themselves Muslims who are castigating sist. Firdaws because of her Hijab as hypocrites.They want to be westerners and modernists and still be Muslims, even when the Britons have consigned the wigs to the waste bins of history.
Good submission but I need you to open your brain and reason with them.
The rules of engagement and ethics of that profession does not permit wearing the Hijab to be called to Bar so she has two clear choice, either to abide by the rule or find some other profession to practise that does not undermine her religious rights.

Unfortunately, the type of law she is trying to practise is the British type of Law that does not accommodate any religious rights.

That is why Western and Islamic ideologies are two parallel ideologies they cannot go hand in hand.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by AlBaqir(m): 4:52am On Dec 17, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Useless headslammers

Why join an organization whose code of conduct is against your religion?

Its called hypocrisy

ISLAMABAD

# Then you should ask that "organisation" to stop using religious book in Quran and Bible to make people swear in accordance with their faith. Get it to your skull, Nigeria constitution accommodate the practice of any religion, and Sharia is even part of the so-called "law".

Interestingly those you took your style of law from, the British and American, allowed hijabi lawyers, judges, doctors etc. Na Naija own dey plenty.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 4:57am On Dec 17, 2017
It is high time Nigerian Christians be silenced. To hell with Kayode Fani. Wtf is wrong with you? . Is Nigeria more secular than USA?. Are you people fvcking crazy.

Why Africans are their own problems. Isn't Nigerian constitution guarantee protection of the way she dressed. Please, Christians need to put a stop to this crap. You are becoming nuisances everyday. Is Nigeria the first nation to adopt democracy or secularism?

Kayode Fani, I don't bite my tongue for you. I think you need to focus on those fraudulent pastors and ritualist pastors. You need to be quiet.

Below is New York City Hijabi Women

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 4:59am On Dec 17, 2017
Hijabi doctors in America

Hijabi lawyers in America

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Empiree: 5:00am On Dec 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Sikariyelwa: 5:53am On Dec 17, 2017
XTIANITY IS A RELIGION OF PAUL, MARK, LUKE AND ROMAN CULTURE IT HAS NO ETHICS ITS LIKE SOCIAL CLUBS. DRINK AND DANCE. NO SINGLE PRINCIPLE THAT IS GLOBAL. AFTER ALL THE BIBLE SELF ARE NOT UNIQUE. NO COMMON SYMBOL ONLY THAT JESUS IS GOD THAT EVEN SOME CHRISTIANS DONT BELIEVE IT. ITS ALL RUBBISH
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Ftea: 6:37am On Dec 17, 2017
odduduwa:
good reaction Islam must be wiped out by fire by sword

We are d peacemaker...May Almighty God forgive you

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by abdurabihi: 6:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Ama dee, they've said this man no worth integrity, he has been questioned sometimes ago regarding that but now I see he doesn't comprehend his field of study.
is religion practice not a fundamental right, ok, if they say I should cut off my beard b4 been called to bar, would u say I should do so, tell everyone that my hijab is my religion and I have a right to practice it anywhere I am, what if they say if I no shake a female I won't be called to bar after passing the written test, they are insane if i may say
Tell ur Christians and Traditionalist that they can put on their attire provided it is written in their book
pls which kind cloth did Jesus ( -peace be upon him) wore that u are wearing today
Iro lasan lasan
Fellow naija let's practice our religion as it has been stated in our books not as we think it is

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nice one FFK

Didn't she know that the profession she was going to study doesn't allow any dress code other than what is permitted?

This is similar to the case of a religious person whose religion doesn't permit him to see other women's private part but wants to be a doctor, especially the one that delivers babies.

Are we now to say that the vagina of women about to deliver at his hospital should be cut off just to please him? If he can't stand it, he should go find another profession.

Allowing this girl to bring her religious views I to a profession will be disastrous for others. If she is to defend a Christian against a guilty Muslim, she will definitely undermine the case of the Christian just to please the Muslim cos their Prophet said they should never take sides with a non-muslims in a struggle.

Imagine the amount of Christians she will send to loss if she becomes a judge.

Keep your religion away from law.

Look at what their Prophet said to Muslims.

Ibn Kathir v.2 p.213 - No believer shall kill any believer for any non-believer. Nor shall he HELP any non-believer against a believer - People

Sahih Muslim (2167) - "Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."
i do not blame you at all
your great grand fathers and those before them tried to kill the light of islam but got humiliated in the end
why should i worry about your hatred when islam has become the fastest growing religion in the world.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Ftea: 6:40am On Dec 17, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Useless headslammers

Why join an organization whose code of conduct is against your religion?

Its called hypocrisy

ISLAMABAD

What are you saying?...NBA president's daughter was called to bar hijab/veil in London.... Now I see d reason why Nigeria could not developed

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Ftea: 6:43am On Dec 17, 2017
Blaqsmith:
Don't blame Firdaus. Blame Islam. Blame religion.

For the religion poisons everything... even the most learned of wigs.

It's so unfortunate that while other nations are progressing, hijab is causing a national reaction in Nigeria.

Btw, FFK is right

Why won't it cause national problems? ...because you kufar caused it, NBA president daughter was called to bar in united state with veil/hijab and dere is n problem
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by IkUKU01(m): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2017
Dmeji4444:
So because Nigeria is S secular country means that she should be denied her right
which right? as in right hand?? oga make una get sense abeg!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by IkUKU01(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2017
Dmeji4444:
So because Nigeria is S secular country means that she should be denied her right
Ftea:

What are you saying?...NBA president's daughter was called to bar hijab/veil in London.... Now I see d reason why Nigeria could not developed
oga you first say USA now you said london... were was she call to bar with hijab??
Dmeji4444:
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by dieBYfire: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

Since you concluded Islam is a rubbish religion based on what the guy wrote. What would you term Christianity as?

Since you have concluded that Islam is stupid and violence religion, what would you term Christianity as?

Since prophet Muhammed is a terrorist to you? What's Jesus then?

First you ask yourself What is Christianity? Christianity is beleiving that Jesus Christ the Son of God coming to die for our Sins. It's funny when you quote bible verses that has to do with Moses Laws...
Do you know that Juddaism & Christianity are diffrent religion of which the former beleives so much on the Old Testament of the Bible.
Example: Jesus Christ was asked; How many times should I forgive my brother if he offends me , and Jesus replied;" Seventy times Seven in a day" this means boundless times , read Matt(18:22). But in the Old Testament especially during times of Moses era it wasn't so. The coming of Christ Changed so many practices as witnesses in the Old Testament e.g Burnt Offerings (Which is still practice my Juddaism).
So my friend don't get it twisted! Even as Juddaism preached revenge , Christians preaches love!
That is why you can't find a Christain suicide bomber or terrorist, they can only be found in Islam because the Quaran supports it!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2017
odduduwa:
mynd44 please take note
nairaland nah key to paradise? If he ban me and den what again? D fact us just dat u are oponu afofun gbemu ode
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by SuccesYear: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:
Christians n traditional worshippers beta get ur robes n cowries ready if dis hijab of a thing is finally allowed by d NBA.

why not. If it does makes sense to them likewise
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Dpleaser: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2017
rhektor:

Nobody will tell her to remove her panties in the public but for the sake sanity no lady would by herself go to a gathering where she would be asked to remove her panties no sane lady would voluntarily join any group that would ask her to do that I'm the public. The law is a profession guided by its ethics and as such whoever joins is expected to abide by the rules. Fair enough?
So are u suggesting she sud quit being a Muslim lady because she intends to practice law or she should honor d event because of her hijab. I think u are not getting d point. The country's constitution allows for everybody to belong to a religion n practice it as stipulated by d religions law. Part of the rule of the religion is wearing of hijab for female. So why should this result into headache for d Christians. You people are the real haters, instead of u to focus on how to liberate yourself from ur private-jet riding Daddy G.O, you are there criticizing other people's religion. Smh, I pray u get it right b4 it'll be too late sad
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by emmie14: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:

Hahahaha abeg show me amadioha uniforms
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by omokab: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:

please who's problem is that if Christians and your traditional worshippers were wearing their rope and Ogun or saongo dress to any occasion? Is even shame that will not allow you people to wear it. Despite the fact that bible commanded your women to put on cloth to cover their head but you will never force it on them because many of them will run away from church and money collecting from them will be reduced. Those that pastors were having sex with because of their way of dressing showing their naked in church will not be attractive again. Muslim women are not doing it for any human being but as commanded by Almighty GOD. More so, muslim ladies or women are not studying a course that against their religion because law is discipline and what is stated by holy quaran as prophet mu hammed was a custodian of law in mecca then and ruled without favour or nepotism through out his rain so you caandfind ngo andf
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Dpleaser: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2017
dieBYfire:

First you ask yourself What is Christianity? Christianity is beleiving that Jesus Christ the Son of God coming to die for our Sins. It's funny when you quote bible verses that has to do with Moses Laws...
Do you know that Juddaism & Christianity are diffrent religion of which the former beleives so much on the Old Testament of the Bible.
Example: Jesus Christ was asked; How many times should I forgive my brother if he offends me , and Jesus replied;" Seventy times Seven in a day" this means boundless times , read Matt(18:22). But in the Old Testament especially during times of Moses era it wasn't so. The coming of Christ Changed so many practices as witnesses in the Old Testament e.g Burnt Offerings (Which is still practice my Juddaism).
So my friend don't get it twisted! Even as Juddaism preached revenge , Christians preaches love!
That is why you can't find a Christain suicide bomber or terrorist, they can only be found in Islam because the Quaran supports it!
Well maybe I should agree with u because Jesus in d first place never came to practice or spread a religion called Christianity nor has he came to destroy d law of moses but to fulfil it. So maybe u should start telling us how u come about Christianity n how its attached to Jesus Christ with evidence from Jesus himself. If u don't av it, its better u stop d noise.
More over ur claim that Jesus was d son of God n he came to die for ur sin seems faulty cos Jesus never said he came to die for anybody's sin himself and about being son of God, whoever is doing the will of God are used to be called son of God according to a verse in d bible that says "blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called son of God" these are metaphorical statement which doesn't mean biological son.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by omokab: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:

please who's problem is that if Christians and your traditional worshippers were wearing their rope and Ogun or saongo dress to any occasion? Is even shame that will not allow you people to wear it. Despite the fact that bible commanded your women to put on cloth to cover their head but you will never force it on them because many of them will run away from church and money collecting from them will be reduced. Those that pastors were having sex with because of their way of dressing showing their naked in church will not be attractive again. Muslim women are not doing it for any human being but as commanded by Almighty GOD. More so, muslim ladies or women are not studying a course that against their religion because law is discipline and what is stated by holy quaran as prophet mu hammed was a custodian of law in mecca then and ruled without favour or nepotism through out his rain so you can go and find out.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by osuofia2(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2017
kings09:

Guy u make sense, in fact my brothers call to bar na next year and him don say na our village masqurade atire him go wear
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by omojeesu(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nice one FFK

Didn't she know that the profession she was going to study doesn't allow any dress code other than what is permitted?

This is similar to the case of a religious person whose religion doesn't permit him to see other women's private part but wants to be a doctor, especially the one that delivers babies.

Are we now to say that the vagina of women about to deliver at his hospital should be cut off just to please him? If he can't stand it, he should go find another profession.

Allowing this girl to bring her religious views I to a profession will be disastrous for others. If she is to defend a Christian against a guilty Muslim, she will definitely undermine the case of the Christian just to please the Muslim cos their Prophet said they should never take sides with a non-muslims in a struggle.

Imagine the amount of Christians she will send to loss if she becomes a judge.

Keep your religion away from law.

Look at what their Prophet said to Muslims.

Ibn Kathir v.2 p.213 - No believer shall kill any believer for any non-believer. Nor shall he HELP any non-believer against a believer - People

Sahih Muslim (2167) - "Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

They are following a script.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by Mariangeles(f): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2017
ayinba1:

Yeah right.
The bible has to be read with spiritual eyes of which you possess 2.

Mtschheewww!
You should Google the question about Christians killing others based on difference if religion.
I don't agree with the one individual who said someone would die if they say something at a mosque. Hypocrisy is using this person to generalize about Muslims.

Before you hurt yourself with CVA/ hypertension, I'll leave you to reflect on this

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ - 61:8

Translation

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

And Allah's word is true
That is what you all are known for...you can't make a simple point without insults...So, you're telling me to Google about Christians killing, only that should tell you something... You know that with Islamic killings, I don't have to Google anything because it happens everywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by dieBYfire: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2017
Dpleaser:

Well maybe I should agree with u because Jesus in d first place never came to practice or spread a religion called Christianity nor has he came to destroy d law of moses but to fulfil it. So maybe u should start telling us how u come about Christianity n how its attached to Jesus Christ with evidence from Jesus himself. If u don't av it, its better u stop d noise.
More over ur claim that Jesus was d son of God n he came to die for ur sin seems faulty cos Jesus never said he came to die for anybody's sin himself and about being son of God, whoever is doing the will of God are used to be called son of God according to a verse in d bible that says "blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called son of God" these are metaphorical statement which doesn't mean biological son.

If you want bible lessons ! I can give you a whole lot of it! But for now I have to go to church and worship the King of Kings the Almighty God!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy by NabeelAbu: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2017
ISLAMOPHOBIA. LIKE IT OR NOT, ISLAAM WILL EVENTUALLY RULE THE WORLD.BRITAIN,USA EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ,ALL OTHERS WILL EMBRACE ISLAAM AT THE END OF THE WORLD. JESUS CHRIST,THE SON OF MARY WILL COME AND UNRAVEL THE LONG AGED FALSEHOOD OF BEING GOD,SON OR SAVIOUR AND OTHER FORMS OF MISCONCEPTION. لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله. NO DEITY DESERVES SINCERE ACT OF WORSHIP EXCEPT ALLAH TAAL A MUHAMMAD IS HIS MESSENGER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Olajide Sowore Killed Near Okada In Edo State / Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.