Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,172 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Ladies, what says your time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, what says your time? (1334 Views)

Ladies: What Is The Greatest Lie A Guy Has Ever Told You? / Guys, What Says You To This Pix? (18+) / Look At The Clock And Tell Us What Says Ur Time (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
The question am about to ask you ladies is important to me and I believe other guys here will find it usefull as well. So you ladies should patiently read and try come up with a sincere answer.
Am aware that you ladies get offended when a guy declares his love or fondness of you within a short time of meeting you the first time. I do understand that you ladies attach more importance to a guy's personality more than the guys do to you. So I believe you ladies will need sometime to access a guys personality before you finally decide if a guy is worthy to have you or not. In other words, you ladies want a guy to go through a PERIOD of an introduction/familiarity phase before anything love and romance comes up. Now, the problem here has to do with the lenght of the period. So my question comes up as follows:
According to how frequent you see and discuss with a guy, if you see and talk with a guy on daily bases, how long maximum will it take you to fully access his personality and decide if he appeals to you or not?
If you see him on weekly bases, how long maximum will it take you to make your final decision?
If you see him on monthly bases, how long maximum will it take?
Am aware you will need split seconds to decide for a very ugly guy and of course few minutes to decide for a very handsome nice guy. But most guys are neutral and can take you weeks and months before you can fully check them out, so your focus should be on the neutral guys.

I need to know about the timing so that when the time comes, I can boldy ask a lady out without the fear of hearing things like, I HAVN'T KNOWN YOU WELL or ISN'T IT TOO EARLY FOR THIS? Over to you ladies.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Etinoh(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2010
Guy change d topic.bcus a mare look at it girls won't even read it.though d question are ginue but d topic discurage reader.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by madlady(f): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
3 months .
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by OvieE: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Etinoh

You're correct. Even me as a man, the potic throw me off not to talk of girls.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Etinoh(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
Guy change d topic.bcus a mare look at it girls won't even read it.though d questions are ginue. but d topic discurage reader.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by daduke2k(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
*waiting 4 ladies reply*
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Tatase(f): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
Etinoh:

Guy change d topic.bcus a mare look at it girls won't even read it.though d question are ginue but d topic discurage reader.

I agree!! I was afraid to open it because I know the romance section on NL is the home of the strange and psychotic, but i didn't think it had sunk so low. Suffice to say, I'm glad it hasn't.

@ topic,

I think this is a good question, because there's little I dislike more than over familiarity. I don't think the "period" is necessarily a function of time in days or weeks or whatever. You can ask someone out after talking to them for a whole night or something, if you had that sort of connection.

It's not necessarily how long you've known the person, but how deep or how intense or how comfortable your convo has gotten. If you're flowing with someone in a romantic way, I think you instinctively know. Like if you can talk to them and there are no awkward pauses and there's not a lot of um-ing and you've gotten to that comfort level with them where you can talk freely and be yourself completely without being stilted or feeling like you have to be on your best behavior or something. . . at that point, you know you're "familiar enough to ask them out.

I think a lot of guys compliment a girl once or twice, get her number, call her everyday for a week just to say hello and nothing else of any significance, and then think they're now familiar enough to ask her to be their gf. It's like based on what? You don't really know anything about her and she knows nothing about you except that you call after midnight and say nothing really and then tell her to greet her mom who you don't even know.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Etinoh(m): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
Tatase:

I agree!! I was afraid to open it because I know the romance section on NL is the home of the strange and psychotic, but i didn't think it had sunk so low. Suffice to say, I'm glad it hasn't.

@ topic,

I think this is a good question, because there's little I dislike more than over familiarity. I don't think the "period" is necessarily a function of time in days or weeks or whatever. You can ask someone out after talking to them for a whole night or something, if you had that sort of connection.

It's not necessarily how long you've known the person, but how deep or how intense or how comfortable your convo has gotten. If you're flowing with someone in a romantic way, I think you instinctively know. Like if you can talk to them and there are no awkward pauses and there's not a lot of um-ing and you've gotten to that comfort level with them where you can talk freely and be yourself completely without being stilted or feeling like you have to be on your best behavior or something. . . at that point, you know you're "familiar enough to ask them out.

I think a lot of guys compliment a girl once or twice, get her number, call her everyday for a week just to say hello and nothing else of any significance, and then think they're now familiar enough to ask her to be their gf. It's like based on what? You don't really know anything about her and she knows nothing about you except that you call after midnight and say nothing really and then tell her to greet her mom who you don't even know.
guy.girls won't undastand d way u think.blive me or not.if u wan 2 get a good answer just change d topic.cus a girl here behind me is complgaining
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by slimes(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
It's common sense. You can't just meet someone and after a week, you expect the person to trust you or love you that much. Love must be nurtured and must not be rushed but allowed to grow at its pace.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
Topic changed!!! But didn't you guys see the quotation mark? It suggests its bears a different meaning from the one have in mind. Anyway, back to topic,
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Pweety4me(f): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
Stori!
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
@tatase. Well, it depends on the girl cos I know that even after the all night non-stop talk, not every girl will agree that soon. Thats why am asking each lady to state her own time.

@madlady. How often will you see the guy to make three months your ideal period to study the guy?
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
Don't know whether to call you naive or sth worse. A girl would speak long, pious grammar to you on how she cant date you til after a decade, but wud bleep another dude in less than 24 hrs of meeting him.

I'm sickened by all these NL threads asking how women want this or that. WOMEN DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT. THEY REACT IMPULSIVELY AND SUBLIMINALLY TO HOW YOUR STIMULUS MAKES THEM FEEL. Don't go about seeking their (skin-deep, fickle) opinions, else you'd die a virgin. Since women dont know what they want, only 3 things conquer them universally regardless of culture or circumstance: Money, Power, and Boldness. Not knowing which of these you have, if any, I'd only advise you based on the easiest to acquire. This is the only advice I have for you; it's a law in the authoritative 48 Laws of Power: ENTER ACTION WITH BOLDNESS. Your boldness would compel them to succumb now and regret later.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by yme1(f): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2010
the moment i get used to you
might be days, weeks or months
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Pro01. Theres a big problem with your opinion. Which is the fact that you generalized. Some women will prove you right while some will prove you totally wrong. Therefore your theory isn't universall. Besides am not seeking for advice, but thoughts rather.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
@y me. What will make it days? Or weeks or months? I mean what influences the time?
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
It depends on the chemistry really.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by googles: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
y me:

the moment i get used to you
might be days, weeks or months

same here. . . . . depends on how comfortable i am with a guy
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by iice(f): 5:45am On Apr 02, 2010
Tatase:

@ topic,

Full stop.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by madlady(f): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2010
eina:

@tatase. Well, it depends on the girl cos I know that even after the all night non-stop talk, not every girl will agree that soon. Thats why am asking each lady to state her own time.

@madlady. How often will you see the guy to make three months your ideal period to study the guy?

You changed the write up undecided

My answer to THIS question, it depends, his he part of my set,a work mate, family friend.I want to know what may be hidden undecided
I am still sticking to my 3 months theory,if he's really keen he will wait it out, if not sorry to say this but "plenty more fish in the sea"

I can always break my rule if I feel like it.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Tatase(f): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2010
eina:

It depends on whether your all-night chat was leaning towards the flirtatious and lovey-dovey or if it was general. You can't have talked about how much you both like to play Halo all night and then suddenly ask her out, because that would be random and out of the blue, since it wasn't that kind of conversation.

And the "not every girl" part, I think everyone is different, and every interaction is different. It's hard to give a general time when it depends on how instant your connection is with the specific person. For one guy it might be like one day, for another guy it might be a year. It varies from person to person.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by daduke2k(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2010
word.!!!
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Scooby1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
@tatase. I understand it depends on the individuals. BUT considering the way the average guy communicates with women these days, how long in rough estimate do you think the average girl can reach that level of comfort that indicates the time is ripe for the asking out?
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
I think this is were the problem of "hard-to-get" lies. Guys will ask a lady out TOO SOON and the lady will keep ignoring him cos she feels the guy is still a stranger and she wouldnt want to accept that early so not to appear desperate and cheap.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Tatase(f): 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2010
Hmmm. . . what's the average guy?!?   It's hard to give an estimate because someone might be perfectly nice and a good communicator but you guys just don't click somehow.

E.g. I've met people who we're so in tune that within minutes we're finishing each other's sentences and laughing at the same things without even articulating them, but then on the other hand I've met other people who are nice but we'll never be deeper than maybe friendly acquaintances because we don't "get" each other- we don't share the same humour, ideas of life, way of thinking etc.

So in the latter case, the estimate would be never, because no matter how much we spoke, nothing meaningful would ever be said, it would be likely mostly superficial chit-chat, not much real talk, and so in such a situation it would not be appropriate to ask the girl out, because the connection isn't there.

However, let's say the connection is there, and you have the flirty-flirt going on, and you've kind of hinted at your interest and the girl seems receptive, I'd give it at least a couple of weeks of steady/meaningful communication before making it official, even if the connection is such that you kind of know where it's leading from the first day.
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
ok
Re: Ladies, what says your time? by apeena: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2010
Tatase:

Hmmm. . . what's the average guy?!?   It's hard to give an estimate because someone might be perfectly nice and a good communicator but you guys just don't click somehow.

E.g. I've met people who we're so in tune that within minutes we're finishing each other's sentences and laughing at the same things without even articulating them, but then on the other hand I've met other people who are nice but we'll never be deeper than maybe friendly acquaintances because we don't "get" each other- we don't share the same humour, ideas of life, way of thinking etc.

So in the latter case, the estimate would be never, because no matter how much we spoke, nothing meaningful would ever be said, it would be likely mostly superficial chit-chat, not much real talk, and so in such a situation it would not be appropriate to ask the girl out, because the connection isn't there.

However, let's say the connection is there, and you have the flirty-flirt going on, and you've kind of hinted at your interest and the girl seems receptive, I'd give it at least a couple of weeks of steady/meaningful communication before making it official, even if the connection is such that you kind of know where it's leading from the first day.

@tatashe, I think you have the most intelligent take on this topic. I detect an hidden talent in your discourse; you should set up a finishing school for teens. It will save young boys from unnecessary confusion.

(1) (Reply)

Wetin Dey Do Am Sef? / Can Trust Be Re-built? / Video: Every Nigerian Girl Has More Than One Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.