Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77554 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
cheesy cheesy if you had read your Bible well or researched into Ancient Israel, you'd realize that jewelry was worn and makeup was used. The only reason there was a comparison was because brides in those days did wear jewelry, stop being ridiculous. By the way, go ahead and read the other passages. If you say jewelry is a sin that's totally your problem but you can't deny that jewelry was worn in Bible times. I rarely use jewelry and do not like makeup so I'm not making a case for myself. You sound like God's special assistant, chief controller spiritual matters, you have the power to determine who's carnal and spiritual by your own yardstick. Oh well, it's a huge relief you're neither God,Jesus nor one of the apostles.

Wawu!! I just realized it's the same moniker I was previously replying. God help me and my eyes.
Oya run along ,buh bye!!!! kiss

Now this is where u blantantly got it wrong and hence shot your self at the foot. Its never the custom of the Israelites to wear jewelry or makeup but the custom of the heathen nations that surrounds them:- Now read read Judges 8:24

They learnt the practice of wearing jewelry from their surrounding nations which God had worn them repeatedly not to learn from their doings and way of life. Read Deuteronomy 7:25-26.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
cheesy cheesy if you had read your Bible well or researched into Ancient Israel, you'd realize that jewelry was worn and makeup was used. The only reason there was a comparison was because brides in those days did wear jewelry, stop being ridiculous. By the way, go ahead and read the other passages. If you say jewelry is a sin that's totally your problem but you can't deny that jewelry was worn in Bible times. I rarely use jewelry and do not like makeup so I'm not making a case for myself. You sound like God's special assistant, chief controller spiritual matters, you have the power to determine who's carnal and spiritual by your own yardstick. Oh well, it's a huge relief you're neither God,Jesus nor one of the apostles.

Wawu!! I just realized it's the same moniker I was previously replying. God help me and my eyes.
Oya run along ,buh bye!!!! kiss

When it comes to wearing of jewelry in the old testament, it was individuals or the israelites who were living in heathen nations which later God frowned at it and told them to strip off their jewelry or else He will consume them Yet what they did shouldn't be our standard because God never commanded us we should look up to any of them as our example...Yet even the issue of makeup was only worn by a heathen woman known as Jezebel....Jesus Christ has been given to us in the new testament as our example Yet how many jewelry was found on Him or how many believers in the old testament wore jewelry

Paul the Apostle through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit made it clear:- "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array: but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" 1Timothy 2:9-10........In other words, it is unbecoming of a woman professing godliness, that is, a woman who claims to be a Christian to put on gold, pearls or costly clothes.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

When it comes to wearing of jewelry in the old testament, it was individuals or the israelites who were living in heathen nations which later [b]God frowned at it and told them to strip off their jewelry or else He will consume them[/b]Yet what they did shouldn't be our standard because God never commanded us we should look up to any of them as our example...Yet even the issue of makeup was only worn by a heathen woman known as Jezebel....Jesus Christ has been given to us in the new testament as our example Yet how many jewelry was found on Him or how many believers in the old testament wore jewelry

Paul the Apostle through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit made it clear:- "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array: but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" 1Timothy 2:9-10........In other words, it is unbecoming of a woman professing godliness, that is, a woman who claims to be a Christian to put on gold, pearls or costly clothes.

stop saying wht u dont knw bcus u wnt to win argument. show me where God said he wil consume them for wearing jewel in the bible. bible even says God instructed them to borrow jewels at a time in Egypt.
I agree with the later part of ur post abt Paul's teaching.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

stop saying wht u dont knw bcus u wnt to win argument. show me where God said he wil consume them for wearing jewel in the bible. bible even says God instructed them to borrow jewels at a time in Egypt.
I agree with the later part of ur post abt Paul's teaching.

Read Exodus 33:5-6
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Read Exodus 33:5-6

its obvious u dont understand that portion. read again. did he say he wil consume them for jewels or for being stiffnecked hav u forgotten that he once said they should borrow jewels.
this is the portion, oya explain
Exodus 33:3-5 KJV
Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way. [4] And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments. [5] For the Lord had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

it is a tradition in Israel that whenever the sin unto God, they wil put ornaments away and sometimes, they wil not eat, some wil pour ashes on their body in order, to show their sobriety.
God never said he would destroy them for wearing jewel bcus he once said they should borrow in Egypt.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

its obvious u dont understand that portion. read again. did he say he wil consume them for jewels or for being stiffnecked hav u forgotten that he once said they should borrow jewels.
Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way. [4] And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments. [5] For the Lord had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

I don't know why people like you like arguing blindly even when the truth is staring at them.

Exodus 33:5 "For the Lord has said unto Moses, sat unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffneckes people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee."

So you didn't see where He told them in the above verse that they should put off their ornaments/jewelry If not He will come in their midst and consume them People like u won't accept the truth because flesh is already dominating!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

I don't know why people like you like arguing blindly even when the truth is staring at them.

Exodus 33:5 "For the Lord has said unto Moses, sat unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffneckes people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee."

So you didn't see where He told them in the above verse that they should put off their ornaments/jewelry If not He will come in their midst and consume them People like u won't accept the truth because flesh is already dominating!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

ur understanding of the bible is shallow my bro. so "stiffneck" means jewel to u.?? read from previous chapters to understand sir.
removing ornaments here is to show sobriety. read verse 3 now. its a tradition in Israel to do dat whenever they wanted to beg God for their sin. read ur bible and understand and stop ranting that flesh has dominated you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

it is a tradition in Israel that whenever the sin unto God, they wil put ornaments away and sometimes, they wil not eat, some wil pour ashes on their body in order, to show their sobriety.
God never said he would destroy them for wearing jewel bcus he once said they should borrow in Egypt.

You are talking out of point. There is nothing like tradition here....If it is a tradition, show me another passages in the bible where the Israelite sinned and they refused to eat and put their ornaments away

The tradition is, when ever they sinned, they will put on ashes or saccloth.

Now if God told them to remove their jewelry/ornaments Then where did God commanded them to put on their jewelry/ornaments back
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

You are talking out of point. There is nothing like tradition here....If it is a tradition, show me another passages in the bible where the Israelite sinned and they refused to eat and put their ornaments away

Now if God told them to remove their jewelry/ornaments Then where did God commanded them to put on their jewelry/ornaments back

this happen after chapter 33, so tel me if this would had happened if God actually promised to consume them for jewel
Exodus 35:22 KJV
And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the Lord .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

ur understanding of the bible is shallow my bro. so "stiffneck" means jewel to u.?? read from previous chapters to understand sir.
removing ornaments here is to show sobriety. read verse 3 now. its a tradition in Israel to do dat whenever they wanted to beg God for their sin. read ur bible and understand and stop ranting that flesh has dominated you.

If its a tradition, Then show me another place in the Bible when they put away their ornaments as a sign that they wanted to beg God for their sin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Exodus 11:2 KJV
Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

If its a tradition, Then show me another place in the Bible when they put away their ornaments as a sign that they wanted to beg God for their sin

av u read the story of Nineveh, av u read that of david, av u read when job was sobber bfr God.

whenever, u wanted to show ur sobriety in the bible, that is how pple behave sir. ask ur local pastor if u dont understand. u may also ask in this coming retreat
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

Exodus 11:2 KJV
Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold.

Now you are loosing it. You are quoting Exodus 11, while I am quoting Exodus 33. Exodus 33 is ahead of Exodus 11. Now, if God told them to remove their jewelry/ornaments in Exodus 33 Then where did God commanded them to put on their jewelry/ornaments back after Exodus 33
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Now you are loosing it. You are quoting Exodus 11, while I am quoting Exodus 33. Exodus 33 is ahead of Exodus 11. Now, if God told them to remove their jewelry/ornaments in Exodus 33 Then where did God commanded them to put on their jewelry/ornaments back after Exodus 33
this happened after chapter 33
And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the Lord .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

av u read the story of Nineveh, av u read that of david, av u read when job was sobber bfr God.

whenever, u wanted to show ur sobriety in the bible, that is how pple behave sir. ask ur local pastor if u dont understand. u may also ask in this coming retreat

In the story of Nineveh, David and Job, did u read that they put away their jewelry as a sign of being sobber before God or they put on ashes/saccloth
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

Now you have lost it!!! That passage is talking about giving offering to God and does not say that they are putting back their jewelry on!!! Plz use your sense!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Now you have lost it!!! That passage is talking about giving offering to God and does not say that they are putting back their jewelry on!!! Plz use your sense!!!
so they offered unto God wht he condemned abi. u nid to use ur brain oga or u ask pple who are more knowledgeable
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

God was the one speaking and performing action here. oya explain
Ezekiel 16:11-12 KJV
I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. [12] And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

For your information, God made gold for practical uses and not for adornment. When the Israelite left Egypt, the gold/silver they collected serve as a money for their long time slavery to the Egyptians, they didn't collect it for fashion/adornment. That's why when it was required later time in the wilderness for the construction of the terbanacle and for other needs, they all gave willingly(Exodus 35:22). Read your bible with an open mind!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

For your information, God made gold for practical uses and not for adornment. When the Israelite left Egypt, the gold/silver they collected serve as a money for their long time slavery to the Egyptians, they didn't collect it for fashion/adornment. That's why when it was required later time in the wilderness for the construction of the terbanacle and for other needs, they all gave willingly(Exodus 35:22). Read your bible with an open mind!!!

I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. [12] And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

oya explain this nw pastor.
mind u, I'm not an advocate of jewel but. I'm trying to correct ur notion abt it. Kumuyi himself never said its a sin.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

so they offered unto God wht he condemned abi. u nid to use ur brain oga or u ask pple who are more knowledgeable

Yes, Wearing it is condemned..But using it for the right purpose is approved:- (e.g. money, construction, building etc)
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Yes, Wearing it is condemned; Using it for the right purpose is approved(e.g. money, construction, building etc)

haaa, see understanding.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

But it's the truth.
Whet is the truth?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

oya explain this nw pastor.
mind u, I'm not an advocate of jewel but. I'm trying to correct ur notion abt it. Kumuyi himself never said its a sin.

That's why people like you interpret bible to their own destruction because you read bible like a Novel. The passage you quoted is a parable meaning that it is not something that happened literal.

Besides, no man or woman can come out and say God decked my body with ornaments etc Then why are some men and women using their own hand to deck their own self Or if God wanted to deck man or woman, He would have drill holes in the ears, nose for the purpose of wearing ornaments/jewelry But He did not. This will tell you that this is a parable and not physical/literal. Try and use your brain for once!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

That's why people like you interpret bible to their destruction because you read bible like a Novel. The passage you quoted is a parable meaning that it is not something that happened literally.

Besides, no man or woman can say God decked my body with ornaments etc Then why are they using their own hand to deck their self Or if God wanted to deck man or woman, He would have drill holes in the ears, nose for the purpose of wearing ornaments/jewelry But He did not. This will tell you that this is a parable and not physical/literal. Try and use your brain for once!!!
God is now using the analogy of wht he condemned abi
I stopped with u wen u said they can offer jewel unto God and he condemned the use of jewel at the same time. ur ignorance is amazing. bye

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

You are beating about the bush! Show me the different bible versions that says Esther adorned herself with makeup or jewelry before seeing the King Besides, God made gold for practical uses and not for adornment. When the Israelite left Egypt, the gold/silver they collected serve as a money for their long time slavery to the Egyptians, they didn't collect it for fashion/adornment. That's why when it was required later time in the wilderness for the construction of the terbanacle and for other needs, they all gave willingly. Read your bible with an open mind!!!
So part one uses the word adorn & part 2 , jewelry is mentioned.

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

God is now using the analogy of wht he condemned abi
I stopped with u wen u said they can offer jewel unto God and he condemned the use of jewel at the same time. ur ignorance is amazing. bye

God can use any thing as an anology/parable to convey His message to His people/hearers...It does not mean because He uses something an anology to covey His message means He is approving that thing.

Jesus uses "thief" as an anoloy to speak of His coming when He said He will come as a thief Then does that mean He is approving being a thief
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos...... You are here busy arguing over non essentials, wearing jewelry or not does not make anybody more spiritual and closer to God over another fellow.... it only becomes an issue when it becomes an idol for someone and replaces God. ....and pls stop calling people carnal, you are not the custodian of the doctrines of God.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oyinda1599(f): 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Oyinda1599 will never follow me to wed her in Deeper life, her eyes don tear pass dat levelgrin grin
check ur mail box.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
handelex:
Makuos...... You are here busy arguing over non essentials, wearing jewelry or not does not make anybody more spiritual and closer to God over another fellow.... it only becomes an issue when it becomes an idol for someone and replaces God. ....and pls stop calling people carnal, you are not the custodian of the doctrines of God.

Don't talk out of point. If something is not an issue Then it shouldn't be an issue for people to stop wearing it. Bible said a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Is jewelry/ornaments a necessity or what purpose does jewelry serve on the body Or don't u know if something that is not serving any useful purpose on the body is already an idol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Folorunso Alakija Anoints her Church Members (Photos) / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Bishop Oyedepo At Tope Alabi's 50th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.