Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77562 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Luckygurl(f): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yeap dear. Born and raised in deeper life. I still worship. It conforms with my quiet type of lifestyle. I am introverted by nature, so I love how they worship.

I have a long history with the church, but I can't type everything here. Privacy reasons.

smiley smiley

I understand completely.

You agree to all of their rules? Especially those that seem not to have any direct biblical background but were enacted just to avoid all appearances of evil?

I was born and bred there too. I love the church for one thing, they'll tell you the undiluted truth right to your face no matter what. But then some of the rules there especially unwritten ones don't go down well with me. Often times they'll tag me a disobedient christain as a result and I'm like undecided undecided
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
What's wrong with those in Nollywood?See am not from Nigeria so please tell me more.If God found a problem with jewelry, he'd have told the Israelite women not to wear it. As for Esther, Esther 2:12.

Where did God tell the Israelite women to wear jewelry and where are they going to wear the jewelry In that Esther 2:12 am yet to see where Esther adorned herself with makeup or jewelry before seeing the King

Besides, I don't care if u came from the moon. The word of God is applicable anywhere!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2017
Luckygurl:

smiley smiley

I understand completely.

You agree to all of their rules? Especially those that seem not to have any direct biblical background but were enacted just to avoid all appearances of evil?

I was born and bred there too. I love the church for one thing, they'll tell you the undiluted truth right to your face no matter what. But then some of the rules there especially unwritten ones don't go down well with me. Often times they'll tag me a disobedient christain as a result and I'm like undecided undecided

You don't even know the difference between Church administration and Doctrine....so which of the rules that are unwritten
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 7:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Luckygurl:

smiley smiley

I understand completely.

I am not a worker, so I come to church just to listen to the word of God and then I leave. Lol.

I think the whole issue of rules was when I was younger. For now, I do what I want as long as it has no conflict with the scriptures.

I have a lot to tell you sha... Lol
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 7:23am On Dec 18, 2017
Nne5:

Amen!
Epp you too.

Gerrarahia mehn!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2017
Dnockeror333:

So, brother, as though am still living with my parents, a virgin after 3decades plus. And as though, I want to get married, but the lack of financial power, joblessness, no help even from the Church- do breaks me. So I met a about 22yr old sister in the Church, should I braze up to tell her I love her and I will marry her?
Though this sister said she is already with a man, then can I tell the marriage commitee to get me a woman of virtue? (I have hearing deformity)

I doubt if they will help you. You have to really pray for God's will, and I am sure he will hear you.

But I believe that God will help your situation.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oruma19: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2017
eph12:

Did Kumuyi apologise about this?
kumuyi does nt and has Neva made money a cause for concern in his ministry. He does not tell lies because he wants money. I am not a deeper life member but I grew up there from 1985 wen I was 8 to year 2000 that I left. Kumuyi has Neva wavered in his holiness preaching and cares less about tithes. he is modest and doesn't put money into luxury and try to break guineas book of world record by building one million capacity church all in a bid to compete with others.leave kumuyi out of controversy because he is a holy man.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by omartins(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Nobody was misled. Not living without a T.V in a house isn't the end of life.

Not doing some other excessive things isn't the end of life.

So how were we misled?

My brother stops collecting and associating with the family because we're all sinners since we are not a member of Deeper Life, due to this he couldn't finish his education. At age 40 hasn't laid hands on any certificates.
He was mislead, even Jesus our Saviour associated with sinners.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by paxonel(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

So how were we misled?
If you understand all the educated programmes deeper life children missed while growing up. All the Disney programmes like The spelling bee, Sam and cat, Barbie Claus, Aladin, Beauty and the beast, etc
You will not say this!
Do you realize the damages kumuyi has caused to thousands of children's upbringing in terms of information from the mass media which would have otherwise made them more knowledgable this modern day of technology?
There were other issues of deeperlife sisters who never got married because their long skirts and knobs around their heads scares suitors from other churches.
And you are saying kumuyi do not need to apologize?

If not for that his son who went to marry a jamacian sexy babe not too long ago, and set himself free, God bless him for that. He opened a lot of church members eye, even kumuyi has been forced to review his laws.
grin grin grin

Anyways, i love kumuyi for coming out sincerely at last, he is also not fraudulent and not cumulating wealth for himself.
I think he is a good man

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Cannonleo(m): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2017
Kumuyi was once a member of the eternal sacred order of cherubium and seraphim ?

Fact
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Luckygurl(f): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I am not a worker, so I come to church just to listen to the word of God and then I leave. Lol.

I think the whole issue of rules was when I was younger. For now, I do what I want as long as it has no conflict with the scriptures.

I have a lot to tell you sha... Lol

Hehehe

Now you're older and you do what you know is right cos you have the freedom.

Alot to tell me??
Y'know I'm itching to hear those cheesy cheesy cheesy

PM?? cool cool

I just noticed the difference between the moniker I'm quoting and the one that created the thread originally. You're behind the both, are you??
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2017
Luckygurl:

Hehehe

Now you're older and you do what you know is right cos you have the freedom.

Alot to tell me??
Y'know I'm itching to hear those cheesy cheesy cheesy

PM?? cool cool

I just noticed the difference between the moniker I'm quoting and the one that created the thread originally. You're behind the both, are you??

Yea... I am behind both. I create large number of threads, so I have to just spread it between both.

I will send you a PM now tho. Are you okay with it?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by ArchiPelago1: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2017
Ermacc:
I thought as a deeper lifer, you are to stick to keeping the Sabbath day holy.

Does this mean his doctrine wasn't founded on the word of God, if he had to correct them?

Going by his television and sin relationship, if you critically examine everything in life, he may as well ban them all.

These laws were first enacted by him and now that he has realised his errors, his followers deserve an apology. This further buttresses the fact that some of his doctrines are not founded in the bible.

We both know this is a joke

Are you an adventist?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Luckygurl(f): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yea... I am behind both. I create large number of threads, so I have to just spread it between both.

I will send you a PM now tho. Are you okay with it?

Oh!
I see..

Sure, I am smiley
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Where did God tell the Israelite women to wear jewelry and where are they going to wear the jewelry In that Esther 2:12 am yet to see where Esther adorned herself with makeup or jewelry before seeing the King

Besides, I don't care if u came from the moon. The word of God is applicable anywhere!
Some Bible version says in Esther 2:13 that she adorned herself with jewelry.Go compare the different versions.I did not say that God told the Israelites to adorn themselves, but if He had a problem with the women's jewelry, don't you think He'd have addressed the issue?Even when they left Egypt, the gold of their enemies & jewelry were some things they took from the Egyptians as payback for their years in slavery.Why didn't God tell them not to?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by 3coins(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

So how were we misled?
why are some deeper life members extremely wicked and hostile to non members?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2017
3coins:

why are some deeper life members extremely wicked and hostile to non-members?

Like I said before, we also have criminals, touts, rapists, all in Deeper Life. This is a church that is open to everyone to come believe in Jesus and repent of their evil ways.

Some have turned away from their evil ways, while others are still hiding under the guise of church and doing evil. Anybody can be a Deeper Lifer, but not all have repented.

So just know that whoever was hostile to you when you needed GENUINE help that he could give, isn't of the body of Christ. (Leave Church for now).
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
Some Bible version says in Esther 2:13 that she adorned herself with jewelry.Go compare the different versions.I did not say that God told the Israelites to adorn themselves, but if He had a problem with the women's jewelry, don't you think He'd have addressed the issue?Even when they left Egypt, the gold of their enemies & jewelry were some things they took from the Egyptians as payback for their years in slavery.Why didn't God tell them not to?

You are beating about the bush! Show me the different bible versions that says Esther adorned herself with makeup or jewelry before seeing the King Besides, God made gold for practical uses and not for adornment. When the Israelite left Egypt, the gold/silver they collected serve as a money for their long time slavery to the Egyptians, they didn't collect it for fashion/adornment. That's why when it was required later time in the wilderness for the construction of the terbanacle and for other needs, they all gave willingly. Read your bible with an open mind!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by sexy74(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2017
profolaolu:
Keep ur mouth shut if U av nothing reasonable to say, point out any rule or doctrine the man of God laid down for his own benefit or get ur head check for maggots, he did lay down rules to help people make heaven,what rule did he make to enrich himself or gain something at the detriment of others? U are devour by hate and sentiment and ur life is full with bitterness
I see you have upbringing issues, thats why you open your mouth to insult someone that aired his view on an issue. My problem with people like you is that you never see anything wrong in what you believe in and someone that has a contrary view is foolish.
Please go back and learn morals and stop insulting people just because you can afford data.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 10:06am On Dec 18, 2017
The only problem I have with deeper life members is that they take their church doctrines to be biblical commandments. That you don't wear jeans in your church doesn't mean it is a sin. No church is perfect and I admire Kumuyi for owning up to his mistakes. The truth is many members are fanatics,they hold on to these beliefs like it's the gospel...News Flash: it isn't.
@op please also answer this question; why do your members refuse to attend other churches? A friend told me it was a rule for workers that they must not be seen in other fellowships, how true is it?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
The only problem I have with deeper life members is that they take their church doctrines to be biblical commandments. That you don't wear jeans in your church doesn't mean it is a sin. No church is perfect and I admire Kumuyi for owning up to his mistakes. The truth is many members are fanatics,they hold on to these beliefs like it's the gospel...News Flash: it isn't.
@op please also answer this question; why do your members refuse to attend other churches? A friend told me it was a rule for workers that they must not be seen in other fellowships, how true is it?

From your comment, the problem u have is you are carnal! Mention the church doctrine that u say we take as Bible commandments let's see if truly it is bible commandments or not
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

From your comment, the problem u have is you are carnal! Mention the church doctrine that u say we take as Bible commandments let's see if truly it is bible commandments or not
did you see the part that followed? How is wearing jeans carnal? What is wrong in not wearing turban and that pleated skirt? My roommate then doesnt even wear shirts because she thinks it's sinful.FYI, Kumuyi's second wife doesn't wear those things but does it make her carnal. The major problem with the church today and also deeper life is its members,you're here jumping on my post calling me carnal because I have a different point of view. Okay
Members who do not show love to their neighbours because they think they're better is simply fanaticism! You take things too personal and I bet if pastor Kumuyi hadn't come out to set things straight, you'd still believe television is a sin.
Biko, I addressed my former post to the op who is sensible and dear do me the favour of swerving out of my mentions.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
This was told specifically to the women in Ephesus because they were in the habit of showing off and were encouraged to be quiet in public gatherings because of their behavior.So women don't stand on the pulpit in deeper life?The devil is a liar!Just because Jezebel an evil woman wore makeup, that doesn't turn makeup evil.Otherwise jewelry have been there for a long time even in the days of Moses.Esther was adorned & bathed in perfume before going to see the king.Is perfume/deodorant also considered unholy?I am glad Christ came to set us free from becoming slaves to men & man-made doctrines.By the way if you think salvation is earned by dressing a certain way, know those are works & the Bible is clear that salvation is by grace & not works lest any man should boast.You cannot keep the law.You'll keep some & break others!But as they say, to each his own.
But it's the truth.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

You are beating about the bush! Show me the different bible versions that says Esther adorned herself with makeup or jewelry before seeing the King Besides, God made gold for practical uses and not for adornment. When the Israelite left Egypt, the gold/silver they collected serve as a money for their long time slavery to the Egyptians, they didn't collect it for fashion/adornment. That's why when it was required later time in the wilderness for the construction of the terbanacle and for other needs, they all gave willingly. Read your bible with an open mind!!!
read Isaiah 61 and also some parts of Ezekiel. In Bible times, jewels were also for adornment and special occasions. That's why God said He'll take away their Jewels and leave their necks bare(Israelites) when they strayed from him as a sign of shame. Jewels were seen as huge thing, a precious thing back then that's why giving it as an offering unto God was special. In today's world , your devotion and TIME is precious, it's special to give it to God cause it costs a lot.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
did you see the part that followed? How is wearing jeans carnal? What is wrong in not wearing turban and that pleated skirt? My roommate then doesnt even wear shirts because she thinks it's sinful.FYI, Kumuyi's second wife doesn't wear those things but does it make her carnal. The major problem with the church today and also deeper life is its members,you're here jumping on my post calling me carnal because I have a different point of view. Okay
Members who do not show love to their neighbours because they think they're better is simply fanaticism! You take things too personal and I bet if pastor Kumuyi hadn't come out to set things straight, you'd still believe television is a sin.
Biko, I addressed my former post to the op who is sensible and dear do me the favour of swerving out of my mentions.

That's why are said u are carnal and u have proven that further!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
read Isaiah 61 and also some parts of Ezekiel. In Bible times, jewels were also for adornment and special occasions. That's why God said He'll take away their Jewels and leave their necks bare(Israelites) when they strayed from him as a sign of shame. Jewels were seen as huge thing, a precious thing back then that's why giving it as an offering unto God was special. In today's world , your devotion and TIME is precious, it's special to give it to God cause it costs a lot.

Which special occasion did bible mention for wearing jewelry U are busy interpreting bible to your own destruction!

We were commanded to look unto Jesus as our perfect example, how many jewelry did Jesus had when He was on earth....Or did God drill any holes on any part of your body for the purpose of putting on jewelry
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

That's why are said u are carnal and u have proven that further!!!
so wearing jeans and shirts are carnal? Okay
I'm reading this post and it feels like you're shouting at me, so I've decide to not reply anymore. We do not argue to win but to learn, you have obviously chosen the former path so much for your supposed "open mindedness".
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Apostle Paul in the first century was addressing issues with epistles, logical arguments based on the Bible etc. We're in the 21st century ,you can't be replying with things like " you're carnal" or the popular " I pay my tithe come and beat me" to matters that concern the church. It is a cheap and emotional route and it has no effect.
Have a nice day spirit.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
so wearing jeans and shirts are carnal? Okay
I'm reading this post and it feels like you're shouting at me, so I've decide to not reply anymore. We do not argue to win but to learn, you have obviously chosen the former path so much for your supposed "open mindedness".
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Apostle Paul in the first century was addressing issues with epistles, logical arguments based on the Bible etc. We're in the 21st century ,you can't be replying with things like " you're carnal" or the popular " I pay my tithe come and beat me" to matters that concern the church. It is a cheap and emotional route and it has no effect.
Have a nice day spirit.

And I repeat, u are carnal!!! I can say it as many times as possible. If u are not carnal u won't be arguing in favour of jewelry, makeup or jeans etc. So u can do without jewelry, makeup or jeans or are they necessitites Bible said deny yourself But u are busy promoting self with jewelry, makeup and their likes and u are here justifying your ignorance!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Which special occasion did bible mention for wearing jewelry U are busy interpreting bible to your own destruction!

We were commanded to look unto Jesus as our perfect example, how many jewelry did Jesus had when He was on earth
Calm down and Read Isaiah 61 first now or is it not a part of the Bible? The chapter talks about the year of the Lord's favour and verse 10 says : I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,my soul shall be joyful in my God for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ORNAMENTS,and as a bride adorneth herself with her JEWELS. See also 1SOS 1:10, Ezekiel 16:17 etc
Sorry about the caps, I don't know how to embolden words here.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2017
kelechiMarie:
Calm down and Read Isaiah 61 first now or is it not a part of the Bible? The chapter talks about the year of the Lord's favour and verse 10 says : I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,my soul shall be joyful in my God for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ORNAMENTS,and as a bride adorneth herself with her JEWELS. See also 1SOS 1:10, Ezekiel 16:17 etc
Sorry about the caps, I don't know how to embolden words here.

That's why you lack understanding. That verse is comparing the adornment of a worldly bride/groom with the spiritual clothing God gives to His people(robe of righteousness). That verse does not in anyway support jewelry or to be worn on special occasion.

Here is another comparison in the Bible:- Jesus said His coming will be like that of a thief, Then does that mean because Jesus compared His coming to that of a thief now means to become a thief is right My dear a carnal mind will never understand the things of the spirit!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechiMarie(f): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

That's why you lack understanding. That verse is comparing the adornment of a worldly bride/groom with the spiritual clothing God gives to His people(robe of righteousness). That verse does not in anyway support jewelry or to be worn on special occasion.

Here is another comparison in the Bible:- Jesus said His coming will be like that of a thief, Then does that mean because Jesus compared His coming to that of a thief now means to become a thief is right My dear a carnal mind will never understand the things of the spirit!!!
cheesy cheesy if you had read your Bible well or researched into Ancient Israel, you'd realize that jewelry was worn and makeup was used. The only reason there was a comparison was because brides in those days did wear jewelry, stop being ridiculous. By the way, go ahead and read the other passages. If you say jewelry is a sin that's totally your problem but you can't deny that jewelry was worn in Bible times. I rarely use jewelry and do not like makeup so I'm not making a case for myself. You sound like God's special assistant, chief controller spiritual matters, you have the power to determine who's carnal and spiritual by your own yardstick. Oh well, it's a huge relief you're neither God,Jesus nor one of the apostles.

Wawu!! I just realized it's the same moniker I was previously replying. God help me and my eyes.
Oya run along ,buh bye!!!! kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Folorunso Alakija Anoints her Church Members (Photos) / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Bishop Oyedepo At Tope Alabi's 50th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.