Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters (17921 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) / Pastor Mboro Prays For Man's Joystick, Orders Him To Sex His Wife On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by londonrivals: 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Catholic Pontiff, Pope Francis on Sunday prayed for freedom of six Catholic nuns kidnapped about a month ago near Benin City, the Capital of Edo State in Southern Nigeria.

“From the heart, I unite myself to the appeal of the bishops of Nigeria for the liberation of the six Sisters of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, kidnapped roughly a month ago from the convent in Iguoriakhi,” the Pope said.

“I pray with insistence for them, and for all the other people who find themselves in this painful situation.

“May they, on the occasion of Christmas, finally return to their homes,” he added as he later led the crowd in praying the Hail Mary for the missing nuns.

The nuns by gunmen on Nov. 13 included three professed sisters – Sister Roseline Isiocha, Sister Aloysius Ajayi and Sister Frances Udi, along with three aspirants ( young women in the process of formation to join the community)

The Conference of Major Superiors in Nigeria, the nation’s main umbrella group for Catholic religious orders, called for setting aside Dec. 2 as a day of prayer for the sisters’ release.

The Catholic Bishops’ Conference had in a statement issued last Friday said, “agents of darkness continue to hold our people to ransom through kidnapping, armed robbery and other dehumanizing activities.”

“We are saddened and pained by the continued detention of our daughters, the Sisters of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, who were kidnapped almost a month ago in their convent in Iguoriakhi, near Benin City.”

“We appeal to those holding them to please heed our appeal and immediately release them,” the bishops said.

http://www.metronaija.com/pope-francis-prays-release-6-kidnapped-nigerian-sisters/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by chiagozien(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
May God hear our prayer and deliver us from muslim terrorist.

Never try amadioha

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by NwaAmaikpe: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
shocked

I doubt the nuns will want to return to the convent even if they are released.

I can imagine the amount of ogede they have been fed, nobody after tasting that much preek will want to stop eating it.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I doubt the nuns will want to return to the convent if they are released.

I can imagine the amount of ogede they have been fed, nobody after taste that much preek will want to stop eating it.
lol dis guy grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by harrwix(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
shocked

What more can I say? undecided

NwaAmaikpe has said it all

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by dermmy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Amen

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by ifenes(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I doubt the nuns will want to return to the convent if they are released.

I can imagine the amount of ogede they have been fed, nobody after tasting that much preek will want to stop eating it.

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by soberdrunk(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lets pray the criminals dont get any funny ideas......... angry

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Danelo(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
They'll be released after being well fed grin
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Krafty006: 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
pope Francis....
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Achillesdam500(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
May they be released in Jesus name

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Praying for Nigeria is same as pouring water on a rock

The devil himself is the president of the country right Now...
He has turned the country to hell on earth already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by RichiB(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
They won't remain virgins after been released, themselves knows that!
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by kings09(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Mcowubaba: 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
sad sad

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by babyfaceafrica: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by seunlayi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Praying while baba75 is busy celebrating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Mcowubaba: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mtcheww

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Memories12411: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
I say amen. Arise Oh God almighty and expose everyone behind the kidnapping of these women.

12 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by itsik(m): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
This NwaAmaikpe guy is a cattle rearer.

Not on such matters nau.
People are still grieving here nau. Lives are at stake here.
Where is your human sympathy mr nwaAmaikpe?

Pray you dont have a serious case like this In real life and report to nairaland.com for help.
cos then you will understand that its not everything you cajole or make jest of.

18 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by innobets(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
why are this NwaAmaikpe and d new mrsNwaAmaikpe full of hate speech

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by bkfilms: 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
The Catholic should not pay a dime

cos once they do, they will put all the rev fr and sisters

at risk.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by chii8(f): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hmm

we now have nwamaikpe and Mrs nwamaikpe, all on same platform, yabaleft extension now on Nland?

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Nonnyflex(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
M
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by ud4u: 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
God have mercy on them, who are they demanding money from

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by anibirelawal(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

dis guy sef...u be cockeyed o.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by EmekaBlue(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Prayers sef lipsrsealed
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
Some Nairalanders aren't human walahi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / A Song Only People That Attend Nigerian Churches Can Relate To / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.