Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night (9792 Views)

See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole / Ambode Showed Up At Quilox Nightclub Last Night; Nigerians React On Twitter / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by solokay(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2010
How much was that imam paid to lie like this. Thats another problem with nigeria, people call God all the time but do the wrong thing always. For little money they can sell their soul. If yaradua is so well why has he not spoken to the nation or at least allow journalist to see him. They should accept the truth this dude is dead.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by cvibe1: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2010
Somehow, i guess Nigeria will be in the Guinness book of record!
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Sunofgod(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2010
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by chivo: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2010
You saw hım and so whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. why behind close door.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
This day is not a credible Newspaper. You just need to try posting comments that does not help their politics, and see if the comment ever shows. Bunch of crooks owning Newspapers.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by PastorOla1: 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2010
Praise The Lord, for our President, Halleluyah
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by enzo01(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
another made-up story ! even on easter. na wa o!
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by chelseabmw(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2010
[size=13pt]All this people are just fooling themselves.I am 100% sure that he is dead, He is gone, may he rest in peace[/size]
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by redsun(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nigeria case is like a fairy tale,all sorts of animals making waves.In the face of stack reality people are highly deluded
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by woonick: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
Keep your visa cards safe, Your's might be listed for sale, I found this site where people buy credit cards info, Imagine
www.myshopadmin.info
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Kbs12: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2010
I no sey e don culit money
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by chidichris(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2010
nigeria is such a useless country. so it is now news that ppl see yar adua abi?
if that imam likes, let him saw yar adua next month, we are not interested. if he saw yar adua yesterad, i saw him today and i believe someone will also saw yar adua tomorrow. saw or sawing yar adua is not surposed to be news to nigerians. in fact, tomorrow, i will saw yar adua playing soccer.
i knew it from the unset that this yar adua will end up bringing shame to himself and his family when he made obasanjo his father just to become president of nigeria and today ppl are sawing him here and there.
ok, i saw yar adua tomorrow morning going to the mosque.
why is it that the imam did not tell nigerians before going to see yar adua only for him to tell us when it became a past tense.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SuperT(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2010
The wife should allow other people like Senate president, Speaker of the house of assemble,
even Acting President to see  him and let them report back to the nation.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by usbcable(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2010
larez:

This day is not a credible Newspaper. You just need to try posting comments that does not help their politics, and see if the comment ever shows. Bunch of crooks owning Newspapers.

this I had known since the day the paper always gave a different story from the ones we were interviewed for all through-out me and my sacked colleagues ordeal with intercontinental bank.
since then I vowed never to buy the paper again,ever
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
My gift to u nairalanders,free usa credit cardwww.envirofile.org/download/22849
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2010
Happy easter download free usa credit card manual www.envirofile.org/download/22849
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by kayality: 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2010
solokay:

How much was that imam paid to lie like this. Thats another problem with nigeria, people call God all the time but do the wrong thing always. For little money they can sell their soul. If yaradua is so well why has he not spoken to the nation or at least allow journalist to see him. They should accept the truth this dude is dead.

you funny ooooo

GOD BLESSS NIGERIA
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by onoti(f): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2010
this must be the joke of the year, grin
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by deols(f): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2010
That Muslims are a brethren is well known even if only by the tongue.

The Imam spoke to his congregation , who as muslims would definitely want to know the state of the president, a fellow muslim and a member of the congregation's state of health.

Sentiments apart, there's nothing wrong with this.

But you may start to raise questions as to why the press was at the mosque @ that time except that the newspapers have mosque correspondents.

Whether Yar'adua is okay or not shouldnt be this big, an issue. Many people wanted Goodluck and now he is acting but with nothing significant to show for it. I think this should be the burning issue now.Tell goodluck to put some action to it
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by misterh(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2010
You guys are busy shouting down the imam. Were you there to confirm that he did not see him.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2010
misterh:

You guys are busy shouting down the imam. Were you there to confirm that he did not see him.

The Onus is on them to prove that they saw him. Remember they brought the issue out to the media. They should have represented the people at the meeting by making sure they could provide proof. So far we have no evidence that our President was not kidnapped in Saudi Arabia, and now a cloned replacement (impostor) is being trained with historical personal information of our President.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by rareman(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ ndu_chucks
but why will your yardy and his kitchen cabinet be playing with nigerians. he should first demonstrate respect for those he claim to lead. why is he behaving like this jungle kings (rebel leaders) he should come out and take back his throne if he feel fit enough to run the affairs of government.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by tayo4me(f): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2010
He can see the Imam, but cannot speak to Nigerians or at least see his mother or Jonathan! This story is just too pathetic and shows the extent these people will go in order to hold on to power!
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by royalicon(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2010
Best wishes for mr president.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by deb(m): 11:22pm On Apr 04, 2010
Let him recover quickly but shouldn't come near the presidency. He is a law breaker
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by rickie4us(m): 5:05am On Apr 05, 2010
I just saw this in guardian new sonline

"Dr. Ahmad, who is the president of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), warned that Yar'Adua's powers must not be taken away from him.

"We met the President around 5.00 p.m. late in the afternoon. Contrary to what some people have been saying, the president is not in a situation where he is almost dead; he is only sick.

"He was sitting down on a dinning chair when we came in and met him. He was not being supported by anybody but himself, he was sitting down calmly. He did not look like someone who is almost dead.

"When we entered, we were not sure of what we were going to meet. So we entered and stood at a respectable distance and greeted him. He extended his hand to us and we shook it one by one. This is contrary to the view of those who keep saying he doesn't know where he is.

"After that, we prayed for his health. He joined us in the prayers, raising his hands the way we raised our own; his lips were moving. When we finished, we told him we only came to greet him. He shook hands with us.

"We did not wait as such after that. However, we told him that we just wanted to see him to know the truth from the lies that they have been telling us that he is dead, no longer able to recognise anyone and all the lies that you and I have heard before.

"Obviously, he has lost some weight and he is a bit weak. But he was sitting down calmly. He shook our hands on arrival and when we prayed with him for his quick recovery, he again shook hand with us.

"I wish to warn that there is need for people to be careful in the utterances being made about incapacitation, taking the presidential authority and giving such to other persons.

"Some people had to reflect before they stage a civilian coup against him. President Yar'Adua has his deputy who could act for him while he is not there. He knows that he is alive and is only unwell at this point in time.

"However, nobody should take over his position because he is not available. The President still has a good chance of recovery. Nobody should take over his post and create problems for the country. Those who are thinking of doing that are playing with fire.

"I will suggest that Dr. Jonathan continues to act as president till Yar'Adua is fit enough to resume. If he does not get well by 2011, election will take place and another person will emerge through a democratic process.

"But if any person attempts to seize that presidential authority now, the consequences will remain with the country for a long time.

"It will not be a wise decision and not in the interest of even younger generations of Nigerians", he said.

this is the link:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01/050410?pdate=050410&ptitle=Senators%20agitate,%20insist%20on%20seeing%20Yar'Adua

I wonder what these clowns are up to
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 5:56am On Apr 05, 2010
rickie4us:

I just saw this in guardian new sonline

"Dr. Ahmad, who is the president of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), warned that Yar'Adua's powers must not be taken away from him.

"We met the President around 5.00 p.m. late in the afternoon. Contrary to what some people have been saying, the president is not in a situation where he is almost dead; he is only sick.

"He was sitting down on a dinning chair when we came in and met him. He was not being supported by anybody but himself, he was sitting down calmly. He did not look like someone who is almost dead.

"When we entered, we were not sure of what we were going to meet. So we entered and stood at a respectable distance and greeted him. He extended his hand to us and we shook it one by one. This is contrary to the view of those who keep saying he doesn't know where he is.

"After that, we prayed for his health. He joined us in the prayers, raising his hands the way we raised our own; his lips were moving. When we finished, we told him we only came to greet him. He shook hands with us.

"We did not wait as such after that. However, we told him that we just wanted to see him to know the truth from the lies that they have been telling us that he is dead, no longer able to recognise anyone and all the lies that you and I have heard before.

"Obviously, he has lost some weight and he is a bit weak. But he was sitting down calmly. He shook our hands on arrival and when we prayed with him for his quick recovery, he again shook hand with us.

"I wish to warn that there is need for people to be careful in the utterances being made about incapacitation, taking the presidential authority and giving such to other persons.

"Some people had to reflect before they stage a civilian coup against him. President Yar'Adua has his deputy who could act for him while he is not there. He knows that he is alive and is only unwell at this point in time.

"However, nobody should take over his position because he is not available. The President still has a good chance of recovery. Nobody should take over his post and create problems for the country. Those who are thinking of doing that are playing with fire.

"I will suggest that Dr. Jonathan continues to act as president till Yar'Adua is fit enough to resume. If he does not get well by 2011, election will take place and another person will emerge through a democratic process.

"But if any person attempts to seize that presidential authority now, the consequences will remain with the country for a long time.

"It will not be a wise decision and not in the interest of even younger generations of Nigerians", he said.

this is the link:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01/050410?pdate=050410&ptitle=Senators%20agitate,%20insist%20on%20seeing%20Yar'Adua

I wonder what these clowns are up to

This should be the motivation to promptly impeach Yaradua. How dare this guy lay down such a gauntlet. He should be arrested for sedition.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 7:47am On Apr 05, 2010
I feel renewed strength and vigour of hope for Nigeria when I read things such as the following from the Arewa consultive forum. We Yorubas are known to be our own harshest critiques. It is nice to see our Northern Brethren following suit:

Senators agitate, insist on seeing Yar'Adua

* Beware of fake Yar'Adua, ACF chieftain warns

* Invoke Section 144, says CNPP
      From Alifa Daniel, Asst. Political Editor, Abuja

CLAIMS by a group of Islamic clerics that they met and prayed with President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua at the Presidential Villa in Abuja have sparked new agitation over the true state of the health of the ailing number one citizen.

While a group of senators under the aegis of National Interest Group (NIG) are meeting today while they are expected to insist on seeing the President in person, the coalition of opposition parties, the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) has called for the invocation of Section 144 of the 1999 Constitution which spells out the handling of the president's and vice president's health status.

However, a chieftain of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Mohammed Abdulrahaman, has cautioned that some of Yar'Adua aides are so desperate that they could have presented a "fake president" for the Islamic clerics.

President Yar'Adua has not been seen in public for over 130 days, amidst speculations that he would resume duty soon.

Curiously, most of the speculations appear when the weekly Executive Council of the Federation (EXCOF) is at the corner. "This time I suspect it is because a new EXCOF is about to be inaugurated and some people are nervous," a source said in Abuja.

The new EXCOF is expected to be sworn in tomorrow.

The National Interest Group of Senators (NIG) is billed to meet today to discuss a wide range of issues, including the visit of the clerics and its implication on the national polity.

The NIG, according to one of its members, would also ask to see the nation's Number One citizen since he is now strong enough to receive visitors, but the source would not give further details of the meeting or exactly where it would hold.

"If he is healthy enough now to receive visitors we also want to see him and talk to him," he said.

But the secretary of the NIG, Senator Smart Adeyemi, was not forthcoming with the agenda of the meeting when he was reached on phone yesterday. He would not also confirm if the NIG is meeting today at a location in Abuja.

However, the CNPP, through its spokesman, Osita Okechukwu, noted that the reported visit of the Chief Imam of Abuja National Mosque, Ustaz Mohammed and other Moslem clerics to the President "has once more brought to the front burner the imperative of the new (EXCOF) to invoke Section 144 to avail Nigerians of the true state of his health."

Section 144 of the Constitution states:

"144. (1) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office, if - by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all the members of the Executive Council of the Federation it is declared that the President or Vice President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and

(b) the declaration is verified, after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under sub-section (4) of this section in its report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion, the President or Vice President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to sub-section (2) of this section.

(4) the medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the President of the Senate, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria:-

(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and

(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions.

(5) In this section, the reference to "executive council of the Federation" is a reference to the body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President may direct".

The CNPP statement said further: "CNPP reasons that like the Imams, Nigerians earnestly and eagerly want to know whether President Yar'Adua is still capable of discharging the functions of the high office of the President and C-in-C of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

"The invocation of Section 144 is imperative, for going by the statement of the Chief Imam, the capacity of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua to discharge the functions of his high office is questionable; moreso when the visit was not made public nor either the Acting President or the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Representatives were offered the golden opportunity accorded the Imams.

"In the absence of doubting the veracity of the Imams' visit, the state of the health and indeed the permanent capacity of the President to discharge the functions of his office cannot be measured or determined by any other scale except the one clearly stipulated in the 1999 Constitution - Section 144.

"Consequently, CNPP challenges the new EXCOF to, as a matter of urgent national importance invoke Section 144 and break the gridlock and the paralysis of a Divided-Presidency."

In a move observers saw as intended to further compound the political tension in the country, and urge Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to get ready to vacate his position, the Chief Imam of the National Mosque in Abuja, Ustaz Musa Mohammed, said that he and two other Islamic clerics visited President Yar'Adua at the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday, and from their observations he has recovered and is now fit enough to resume duty.

The Abuja Chief Imam who spoke on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service added that although they were not able to sit close to the President, they prayed for him and he raised his hands while joining them to say Amen.

He said the President sat down when they were with him and was dressed in jumper and trousers with a cap to match.

Besides, the Islamic leader who said that he was on the visit together with Dr. Datti Ibrahim Ahmad, President of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria and one Sheik Musa Pantami, explained that they sought permission from the President's family to see the ailing President and not that they were invited to see him.

"We met him sitting down with his wife while his ADC stood behind him. Although we could not hear what he said, from where we sat, we could see his mouth saying Amen, together with us when we prayed for him. In fact, contrary to rumours that he was seriously ill, we saw that he had improved tremendously and we believe he would be able to resume work any moment from now."

Asked why they did not try to talk to the President, he said they were not politicians and as Islamic clerics, they were there to pray for him and see with their eyes the President whose state of health had generated so much controversy in recent times.

His words: "When we were ushered in, we met the President and his wife seated side by side while his ADC stood to his left side. He shook hands with each one of us beginning with Ibrahim Datti Ahmad, then myself and the other person. We then proceeded to the prayer session where we all raised up our hands and prayed with the President. After, he shook hands with us again and we left at exactly 6:13 p.m."

He said they were all happy with the situation they met the President who had gained enough strength that would enable him to resume work.

Another of the clerics, Dr. Ibrahim Datti Ahmad, told a newspaper (not The Guardian) that though Yar'Adua shook hands with them and prayed together with them, he didn't talk to them.

Dr. Ahmad, who is the president of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), warned that Yar'Adua's powers must not be taken away from him.

Chieftain of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) and one-time Vice President of the Kaduna Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KACCIMA), Alhaji Mohammed Abdulrahaman, has warned that the Federal Government should subject Yar'Adua to serious medical test if the family and aides eventually present him as fit to continue in office as the nation's President.

Besides, the ACF chieftain faulted the account of the Abuja Mosque Chief Imam, Ustaz Musa Mohammed and prominent Islamic clerics who said they met with Yar'Adua at his Aso rock resident, with his family.

Abdulrahaman said in an interview in Kaduna at the weekend, while reacting to the visit of the Chief Imam and other Islamic leaders, that the Government should be on guard, "because these people (the family and aides of Yar'Adua) are becoming so desperate such that they could go and perform plastic surgery on anybody and present him as president Yar'Adua", stressing that "the account of the clerics which suggests that Yar'Adua was now hail and hearty but could not speak should be given serious medical investigation whenever he appears".

"This whole story of Yar'Adua appearing and the account of the Imam and clerics that they saw him and shook hands with him, I believe these people are becoming more desperate over this matter. And when people are desperate they can go to any length. You see, people who can afford to hide this man from Nigerians for so long, if they are allowed to go further in this game and they are bringing any man out as our President, there is no problem. But, we shall subject any person they bring out as Yar'Adua to DNA Test. To make sure that in their desperation they don't bring anybody with a plastic surgery as our president. Because we know this can be done. Those people have gained so much from the illness of Yar'Adua, they don't love Yar'Adua, certainly they don't, for them to have subjected him to this kind of travail".

"If Yar'Adua becomes well to communicate with Nigerians without any stress, we would be very happy. After all we all fasted and prayed for him,  That is why we have wondered why they have not put the electronic media, particularly the television to record most of these appearances and the visit of the Imams to Yar'Adua, you see, there are a few things that have happened that are unacceptable. It is unacceptable for a group of people to hide the man from Nigerians. Nobody would accept it because he is Nigerian president, and it is an offence to keep him away".

According to Abdulraham, he president "is the property of Nigeria and not the family. So, when he shows up and we see him and we know he is the one, those questions on why he showed be hidden away would have to come up. Some people would have to be prosecuted. I don't think Umaru really had a cabinet before it was dissolved, because of the way most of them behaved. How can you love somebody so much and trade his life for money, for personal gains, for looting and for a chance to misdirect the public treasury and budget?"

Source: [url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01/050410?pdate=050410&ptitle=Senators%20agitate,%20insist%20on%20seeing%20Yar%27Adua[/url]
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by aieromon(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2010
Lemme get this right - Yaradua can see Imams and business associates but can't see his deputy,ministers,members of the Senate and House of Reps?
This is very funny.
His history will be taught to our grandchildren as an example of democrazy.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by marvix(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2010
@first wen I saw dis post I didn't want 2 comment, but now afta readin all comments I feel obliged 2 coment.
Ndu chucks is right we need 2 sympathise with d man nd b happy dat d man we all prayed 4 is gettin beta. Let me ask if u were just recoverin frm a deadly ailment would ur first port of call b ur ofc, most especialy wen u hav a capable asistant who has taken charge. The president is gettin beta but not fit for d ofc yet, and 4 evrybody callin 4 his sack by claimin him incapacitated, the truth is dat no doc will declare a man who is sic lik Yaradua as permanently incapacitated. Permanently incapacitated means dat d man can neva regain his health to take on his duties, but the President is only temporary incapacitated and temporary cld mean as long as 3yrs but he is xpected to recover, den @ dat point d decision 2 resign rests squarely on him, we can force a man to throw in the towel.

I'm a staunch suporta of empowerin Jonathan as Ag President nd if by 2011 Yaradua can't continue Jonathan shld be allowed to run 4 president, but like I hav always said Jonathan didn't require a leta frm Yaradua for him 2 act neither did he nid d NASS 2 empower him, by virtue of our constitution Jonathan bcoms d Ag President d moment Yaradua is out of town. And actin president is not a new title higher dan d vice president, I giv an xample if d president was leavin town 4 a wk he cld ask Jonathan to act on his behalf nd cld well spel out wat Jonathan can do while he is away lik chair d FEC 4 me attend 2 som visitors 4 me, but postpone d security meetin till I com back, I will personally attend to d council of state meetin, so in dis case wen d FEC comes up the VP takes charge but wen d security meetin comes up the VP postpones and wen d council of state comes up nd d man is not back d VP also postpones.
Now comin 2 d issue of Nov 23 d president was rushed out nd Jonathan said d president by word of mouth asked him 2 take charge and had directed his private second to forward 2 him all necesary docs dat needed his attention, but unfortunately some ministas didn't want Jonathan 2 act by just word of mouth and dis is because it is Nigeria, and mayb democracy dats y som ministas felt they were stronga dan d VP nd Jonathan decided not to overheat d polity but instead played along so dat evryone wld kno who indeed has d powers, that was y he refused to do d ministas bidding because som pple wanted 2 tell d VP wat he shld do in d name of d president. We then had 2 go d whole hog got a NASS declaration and dat was y Jonathan had 2 move against some of d ministas.

If Yaradua gets well and returns to ofc Jonathan has nothin 2 fear and Yaradua will not find any wrongdoin wit Jonathan, rememba wen Yaradua left d country some time ago and it was rumored dat he was dead and Kingibe d SGF @ dat tyme felt he was more relevant dan d VP and took unilateral decision and didnot defer 2 d VP and already proclaimin dat he wld b d one to finish Yaraduas tenure among other things he did then, when d president returned Kingibe got his sack even d VP wasn't there wen it hapened, d first oficial event Yaradua went was where he introduced Yayale den defence minista as d SGF, his aides felt he was still sick dat was wen he demanded d resignation of Kingibe. Yaradua may not agree with all d new ministas but as president he can still reshufle d cabinet, drop som ministas and reappoint som odas or go d whole hog nd dissolve d cabinet even if its just a wk he has left.

I still honestly pray he gets well soon return to his ofc and b strong enuf to lead and go ahead 2 contest 2011 for a 2nd term and then Jonathan can continue as President frm 2015 but if Yaradua isn't strong enuf to rule let Jonathan continue wit their 7point agenda. I rest my case.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2010
Sometimes the average Nigerian baffles me. Here are people whose futures are being negotiated like kalokola for selfish interests, yet, they continue to wallow in pain and caring more about oga that has a common cold while they suffer with terminal ailments. Everyone (at least average Nigerians) thinks Yaradua is a nice guy, and most people want the best for him. However, this man is very ill and is suffering from what many doctors consider to be terminal ailments. The honorable thing to do is to resign. The man needs peace and tranquility for the rest of his life, and not the rigorous demands of a presidency.

It is easy to conclude that his wife Turai does not love this man, and the rest of his Family are pursuing self interests. My personal belief is that the man is mentally incapacitated and could never function in leadership again. If this wasn't so, I am almost certain that Yaradua wold have resigned. All Nigerians who truly care about this man will hurry up and get him impeached for his own sake. His recovery may indeed depend on this action. Can you imagine the pressures that the self serving people will bombard him with at any sign of recovery? This will send him straight back into sickness.

Nigerians who wish to preserve the dignity and respect of President Yaradua will take immediate action to impeach him as a humane measure. Congress should afford him all the assistance that they can to make sure that he can live peacefully for the rest of his life. Let's show him that we care.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by marvix(m): 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2010
@larez we can show him dat we care by believing that he will get well and return to ofc not by stampeding him out or gettin d NASS to impeach him as d shock of dat alone may send him quicka to his grave. At least his absence is not stallin d nation there's an Ag President who has all d powas nd authority to steer d ship of state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier In Warri: I Will Bleep Your Mother Raw Without Condom, She Will Get HIV / El-rufai: PDP Is A Party Of Criminals Determined To Ruin Nigeria / 10,000 Olokola Workers To Lose Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.