Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night (9793 Views)

See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole / Ambode Showed Up At Quilox Nightclub Last Night; Nigerians React On Twitter / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SkyBlue1: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
marvix:

@first wen I saw dis post I didn't want 2 comment, but now afta readin all comments I feel obliged 2 coment.
Ndu chucks is right we need 2 sympathise with d man nd b happy dat d man we all prayed 4 is gettin beta. Let me ask if u were just recoverin frm a deadly ailment would your first port of call b your ofc, most especialy wen u hav a capable asistant who has taken charge. The president is gettin beta but not fit for d ofc yet, and 4 evrybody callin 4 his sack by claimin him incapacitated, the truth is dat no doc will declare a man who is sic lik Yaradua as permanently incapacitated. Permanently incapacitated means dat d man can neva regain his health to take on his duties, but the President is only temporary incapacitated and temporary cld mean as long as 3yrs but he is xpected to recover, den @ dat point d decision 2 resign rests squarely on him, we can force a man to throw in the towel.

I'm a staunch suporta of empowerin Jonathan as Ag President nd if by 2011 Yaradua can't continue Jonathan shld be allowed to run 4 president, but like I hav always said Jonathan didn't require a leta frm Yaradua for him 2 act neither did he nid d NASS 2 empower him, by virtue of our constitution Jonathan bcoms d Ag President d moment Yaradua is out of town. And actin president is not a new title higher dan d vice president, I giv an xample if d president was leavin town 4 a wk he cld ask Jonathan to act on his behalf nd cld well spel out wat Jonathan can do while he is away lik chair d FEC 4 me attend 2 som visitors 4 me, but postpone d security meetin till I com back, I will personally attend to d council of state meetin, so in dis case wen d FEC comes up the VP takes charge but wen d security meetin comes up the VP postpones and wen d council of state comes up nd d man is not back d VP also postpones.
Now comin 2 d issue of Nov 23 d president was rushed out nd Jonathan said d president by word of mouth asked him 2 take charge and had directed his private second to forward 2 him all necesary docs dat needed his attention, but unfortunately some ministas didn't want Jonathan 2 act by just word of mouth and dis is because it is Nigeria, and mayb democracy dats y som ministas felt they were stronga dan d VP nd Jonathan decided not to overheat d polity but instead played along so dat evryone wld kno who indeed has d powers, that was y he refused to do d ministas bidding because som pple wanted 2 tell d VP wat he shld do in d name of d president. We then had 2 go d whole hog got a NASS declaration and dat was y Jonathan had 2 move against some of d ministas.

If Yaradua gets well and returns to ofc Jonathan has nothin 2 fear and Yaradua will not find any wrongdoin wit Jonathan, rememba wen Yaradua left d country some time ago and it was rumored dat he was dead and Kingibe d SGF @ dat tyme felt he was more relevant dan d VP and took unilateral decision and didnot defer 2 d VP and already proclaimin dat he wld b d one to finish Yaraduas tenure among other things he did then, when d president returned Kingibe got his sack even d VP wasn't there wen it hapened, d first oficial event Yaradua went was where he introduced Yayale den defence minista as d SGF, his aides felt he was still sick dat was wen he demanded d resignation of Kingibe. Yaradua may not agree with all d new ministas but as president he can still reshufle d cabinet, drop som ministas and reappoint som odas or go d whole hog nd dissolve d cabinet even if its just a wk he has left.

I still honestly pray he gets well soon return to his ofc and b strong enuf to lead and go ahead 2 contest 2011 for a 2nd term and then Jonathan can continue as President frm 2015 but if Yaradua isn't strong enuf to rule let Jonathan continue wit their 7point agenda.     I rest my case.

Just genuinely wonder whether you read what you type. With regards to the parts in bold; is Yar Adua "out of town"? You say Yar Adua handed over to Johnathan verbally? Please give us some proof, show a news report/article from different sources or stop feeding people more trite.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by marvix(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
@skyblue, dat isue is not in contention but if u want proof I recant and beg u to wait 4 events as they unfold. The crux of my arguement is Jonathan does not require any oficial leta 2 act in d absence of d president and dat includes if d president was to excuse himself in d middle of a meetin. Sometimes I just find it borin xplainin on dis forum mayb we can meet on a TV prog where I cld completely educate u on how d constitution is suposed 2 work
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2010
Why did they not take a picture? Pictures are worth a thousand words. In this age of technology, they could have just taken one with thier phones and cleared our doubts.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Echidime(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2010
The meaning of Yara'dua is: One who abandone his presidential office and sneak away for 3 month, and later sneak back,and still remain invicible, that what yara'dua means and is going to be in the world dictionary
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SkyBlue1: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2010
marvix:

@skyblue, dat isue is not in contention but if u want proof I recant and beg u to wait 4 events as they unfold. The crux of my arguement is Jonathan does not require any oficial leta 2 act in d absence of d president and dat includes if d president was to excuse himself in d middle of a meetin. Sometimes I just find it borin xplainin on dis forum mayb we can meet on a TV prog where I cld completely educate u on how d constitution is suposed 2 work

No need to say more than the part in bold because, apologies but I would probably see it as ranting and avoiding the issue. You cannot back up your claim, so no need to speak of the issue in that 'matter of fact' way, especially when you are making the claims publicly. I could as well come out and confess that I saw Yar Adua yesterday on the street, he was playing spoons as a musical instrument for money.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by marvix(m): 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2010
@skyblue suit urself, u can say wateva u wish 2 say I gues dats y u hav ur freedom of speech, so if u lik say dat u were part of Yaraduas funeral if dat makes u happy.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SkyBlue1: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2010
marvix:

@skyblue suit urself, u can say wateva u wish 2 say I gues dats y u hav your freedom of speech, so if u lik say dat u were part of Yaraduas funeral if dat makes u happy.

Not surprised you would use that as an example, you seem to attach unecessary sentiment to the situation, and it appears in your own estimation anyone who is pushing for good governance is an enemy of Yar Adua and wishes him dead. Yar Adua is not Nigeria and many die everyday from the result of an inept government, don't those deserve sympathy too or are we just saving self righteousness for the rich and powerful?
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by marvix(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
Personally I'm not atached sentimentaly to Yaradua, but I just believe dat his presence or absence is not d reason 4 our woes as a nation, neither is his remainin a president on a sickbed or his sack because of his sicknes goin 2 solve our problems as a nation.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SkyBlue1: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
marvix:

Personally I'm not atached sentimentaly to Yaradua, but I just believe dat his presence or absence is not d reason 4 our woes as a nation, neither is his remainin a president on a sickbed or his sack because of his sicknes goin 2 solve our problems as a nation.

Again with the distracting remarks. Could you possibly point to a single post in this thread where anyone has claimed that Yar Adua is the reason for the woes of Nigeria? If you can't then why the unecessary statement especially when it fails to address the issue? Yar Adua may not be the cause for all the woes of the nation, but he is definately a symptom. Do we as a result of acknowledging that Yar Adua is not the sole reason for the nation's current woes become content with the nonsense that continues to go on and ascribe the position of sainthood to Yar Adua even when he didn't really achieve anything when he was around and allowed a corrupt and anti democratic element (along many many other things) like Aondoaka hold on to power and relevance? How quick we are to completely forget the seven point agenda simply because the man has fallen sick. I do not wish him harm and personally lean towards indifference, I am pro good governance and development; if you want to make such a position synonymous with being unsympathetic and inhumane then that is your business. We might as well say, the police are not the sole reason for all the woes in Nigeria and as a result let the corruption and abuse of human rights continue. Why don't we also say power is not the sole reason for the problems in Nigeria and ignore investing in it?
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by larez(m): 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Skyblue

GBAM!!!
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by usbcable(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2010
YARADUA HAS NOW BECOME AN EXPENSIVE COMMODITY grin grin

all these is just another publicity stunt, by yaradua cronies.they are just mystefying the man the more with all this intriguing sightings.

Walahi 'l azim, am getting tired of these politicking with a mans unfortunate circumstaance.

why shroud him in so much secrecy, no great man past of present became great by virtue of a secret personality.

I tire o. angry angry
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Remii(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2010
Christian Clerics too have "met" him.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02/060410?pdate=060410&ptitle=Intrigues over Yar'Adua's 'meeting with Christian clerics'

Intrigues over Yar'Adua's 'meeting with Christian clerics'
From Madu Onuorah, Abuja (with agency report)
INTRIGUES and subterfuge over the state of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's health continued yesterday as the nation was enveloped by stories that he reportedly met with some Christian leaders at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday evening.

Reports had it that a Catholic Archbishop led the group of clerics that saw the ailing President.

However, a senior pastor at the Living Faith Church Worldwide, who craved anonymity, said Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church who was rumoured to be on the entourage actually spent the day ministering at his church's Easter Youth Camp programme at Canaanland, Ota, Ogun State and therefore could not have been in Abuja.

A source told The Guardian last night: "Yes, some Christian leaders met with the President this evening. But that is all I can tell you about this. The only thing I can add is that throughout the duration of the visit, President Yar'Adua never uttered a word. He never said a simple word."

Not a few people however said that yesterday's report was in keeping with the recent consistent attempt by some people to give impression that Yar'Adua was on his way back and thereby derail the Goodluck Jonathan acting presidency.

According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), Pastor Emmanuel Kure of the Throngroom Trust Ministry in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, said he and three other Christian leaders met for "about five to 10 minutes" with President Yar'Adua at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Kure said the President was physically weak but "able to grunt out an amen."

He said he and the other leaders received separate request to attend the meeting on behalf of the Presidency.

The Guardian could not speak to Kure last night even though he was confirmed to be in Kafanchan where he heads his church.

The leaders reportedly led a prayer to God on the behalf of President Yar'Adua.

Some Muslim leaders had last Friday met with the President in a publicised forum announced to Muslim faithful at the National Mosque Abuja.

President Yar'Adua has not been seen publicly since late November when he left Nigeria for treatment in a Saudi Arabian hospital.

The President's chief physician said Yar'Adua suffered from acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. But kidney problems and ill health long have plagued President Yar'Adua, who even left the country during his 2007 electoral campaign to seek medical treatments in Germany.

"I am told that it is a great improvement from his previous state," Kure said.

Kure declined to offer further details about President Yar'Adua's condition, saying: "We should not overheat the polity."

However, the visit comes after many criticised President Yar'Adua for meeting privately with Islamic leaders last week without addressing the nation. During that visit, the imam of the National Mosque, said that President Yar'Adua could raise his hands in prayer though he never stood up.

The visit by Christian leaders also may be an attempt by President Yar'Adua's closest allies to quiet criticisms over the religious nature of the last visit as well.

Yar'Adua left the country without formally placing Vice President Goodluck Jonathan in charge, sparking a constitutional crisis.

The National Assembly empowered Jonathan to become acting president on February 9. A military convoy and an ambulance reportedly swept President Yar'Adua back into the presidential palace on February 24, but he is yet to be seen in public, even by the Acting President.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by newmaster(m): 8:05am On Apr 06, 2010
Posted by: Remii
Insert Quote
Christian Clerics too have "met" him.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02/060410?pdate=060410&ptitle=Intrigues over Yar'Adua's 'meeting with Christian clerics'

Intrigues over Yar'Adua's 'meeting with Christian clerics'
From Madu Onuorah, Abuja (with agency report)
INTRIGUES and subterfuge over the state of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's health continued yesterday as the nation was enveloped by stories that he reportedly met with some Christian leaders at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday evening.

Reports had it that a Catholic Archbishop led the group of clerics that saw the ailing President.

However, a senior pastor at the Living Faith Church Worldwide, who craved anonymity, said Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church who was rumoured to be on the entourage actually spent the day ministering at his church's Easter Youth Camp programme at Canaanland, Ota, Ogun State and therefore could not have been in Abuja.

A source told The Guardian last night: "Yes, some Christian leaders met with the President this evening. But that is all I can tell you about this. The only thing I can add is that throughout the duration of the visit, President Yar'Adua never uttered a word. He never said a simple word."

Not a few people however said that yesterday's report was in keeping with the recent consistent attempt by some people to give impression that Yar'Adua was on his way back and thereby derail the Goodluck Jonathan acting presidency.

According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), Pastor Emmanuel Kure of the Throngroom Trust Ministry in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, said he and three other Christian leaders met for "about five to 10 minutes" with President Yar'Adua at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

He said he and the other leaders received separate request to attend the meeting on behalf of the Presidency.

The Guardian could not speak to Kure last night even though he was confirmed to be in Kafanchan where he heads his church.

The leaders reportedly led a prayer to God on the behalf of President Yar'Adua.

Some Muslim leaders had last Friday met with the President in a publicised forum announced to Muslim faithful at the National Mosque Abuja.

President Yar'Adua has not been seen publicly since late November when he left Nigeria for treatment in a Saudi Arabian hospital.

The President's chief physician said Yar'Adua suffered from acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. But kidney problems and ill health long have plagued President Yar'Adua, who even left the country during his 2007 electoral campaign to seek medical treatments in Germany.

"I am told that it is a great improvement from his previous state," Kure said.

Kure declined to offer further details about President Yar'Adua's condition, saying: "We should not overheat the polity."

However, the visit comes after many criticised President Yar'Adua for meeting privately with Islamic leaders last week without addressing the nation. During that visit, the imam of the National Mosque, said that President Yar'Adua could raise his hands in prayer though he never stood up.

The visit by Christian leaders also may be an attempt by President Yar'Adua's closest allies to quiet criticisms over the religious nature of the last visit as well.

Yar'Adua left the country without formally placing Vice President Goodluck Jonathan in charge, sparking a constitutional crisis.

The National Assembly empowered Jonathan to become acting president on February 9. A military convoy and an ambulance reportedly swept President Yar'Adua back into the presidential palace on February 24, but he is yet to be seen in public, even by the Acting President.

propaganda, drama continue part 2
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:10am On Apr 06, 2010
Lokin at d date of d news april 2,it means it hapen on d preavious dayapril 1.which is april fool
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by ono(m): 9:01am On Apr 06, 2010
lol
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by otukpo(f): 9:15am On Apr 06, 2010
I pity YD.

All these propaganda about visiting him. Too much politics on top a dying man
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by bashdecash(m): 10:03am On Apr 06, 2010
@NLs,

why cant we be so mild in our words towards Muslims and Islam?

- Imams claimed they saw him, we call them drunkards, liars etc.

- now that clerics have also claimed they saw him, let me hear what NLs will call them. sad sad sad
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by ud4u: 11:05am On Apr 06, 2010
the drama continues
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by newmaster(m): 11:31am On Apr 06, 2010
Posted on: Today at 10:03:04 AMPosted by: bashdecash
Insert Quote
@NLs,

why cant we be so mild in our words towards Muslims and Islam?

- Imams claimed they saw him, we call them drunkards, liars etc.

- now that clerics have also claimed they saw him, let me hear what NLs will call them.

now we are waiting to hear from any one of them, somebody like oyedepo, he cant lair to nigeria, i cant believe all this propaganda from news papers, till then.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by bashdecash(m): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
Its so unfortunate that hypocrites are so many in NL.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by abiolakbr(m): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2010
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED THAT THOSE FOOLS SAYING ALL SORTS OF NONSENSE ABOUT THE IMAMS FINALLY KEPT THEIR MOUTH SHOT.
SO, U GUYS FIND IT VERY HARD TO CRITICIZE UR OWN LEADERS? FREAKING HYPOCRITES.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by chopmonee: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2010
I love Nigeria a lot, we are good actors, somebody need to write a script about this drama, very interesting, only Nigeria can do this, we are very good at this drama, interesting actors ans actress, see the kind of people involve in this drama, big time Project.

Could somebody finance this multi million dollar project, if you have the money to invest, you call me call and let me know.
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by jokingmary(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
it's as simple as this: the president should be seen in public
by inviting nta or ait or any television station in nigeria to his house and not Daily Trust so that we can confirm that he is getting better
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by ochallo: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
it is a shame that a whole imam would sit down and lie. blame it on the alcohol
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by Ajaezu(m): 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
scam
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by SuperT(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
@"Dr. Ahmad, who is the president of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), warned that Yar'Adua's powers must not be taken away from him.
"We met the President around 5.00 p.m. late in the afternoon. Contrary to what some people have been saying, the president is not in a situation where he is almost dead; he is only sick.
"He was sitting down on a dinning chair when we came in and met him. He was not being supported by anybody but himself, he was sitting down calmly. He did not look like someone who is almost dead.
@According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), Pastor Emmanuel Kure of the Throngroom Trust Ministry in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, said he and three other Christian leaders met for "about five to 10 minutes" with President Yar'Adua at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Thank God he is still alive, Let join hands together to pray for the presdent. I wish him quick recovery.
But we must be very sure that we are not praying for fake Presdent!
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by deols(f): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2010
ochallo:

it is a shame that a whole imam would sit down and lie. blame it on the alcohol

Your mouth seems larger than your brain. An Imam with alcohol? guess u'd say the christian clerics also drink
Re: Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night by fergusen: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Alxmyr:
President .

The other clerics who went with Ustaz Musa are Sheikh Isa Pantami, Sheik Yakubu Musa and the President of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria, Sheik Ibrahim Datti Ahmed.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16684:chief-imam-i-saw-yaradua-last-night&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119
See bolded text. #Pantami na influencial cleric sha. He's been around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai: PDP Is A Party Of Criminals Determined To Ruin Nigeria / 10,000 Olokola Workers To Lose Jobs / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.