Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) (18995 Views)

Lagos International Trade Fair Reopened After Sudden Closure / BREAKING The Entire Lagos International Trade Fair Complex Sealed Off / Lagos International Trade Fair 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Terrible! I know there are banks in d complex also. I hope its just a small section atleast goung by wat im seeing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
ifyboy60:

abeg stop bringing tribalism to a natural disaster
you obviously believed that fabricated stories, why can't they investigate to ascertain how the fire really started
this fire has Ulterior motives written all over it.
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Alao046(m): 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
7Alexander:

Tribalism and insanity has destroyed you.

What I'm seeing on your dp should be enough motivation for you to do something useful with your miserable life. Onye iberibe!!
are you one of the ipob terrorist with flat head. Why do u sound so pained.
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

Hmmmm na wa ooo,how u take get that idea say dem igbo men are in the time of seasonal sales
Well I nor even need to ask u sha,but u dey surprise pesin ooo,
but it's true na! it''s just from observations. most Igbos are traders and business men right? importers and distributors right? some of them may have warehouses in that market too No?

i know! i have Igbo friends who are mostly importers at Alaba!
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
but it's true na! it''s just from observations. most Igbos are traders and business men right? importers and distributors right? some of them may have warehouses in that market too No?

Yeah u re right,very very right.
I agree
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

Yeah u re right,very very right.
I agree
it means you are growing up, and your brains are not dull grin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

But gypsey wait oo I wan ask u something related to business..??
Why are u not selling ur goods directly to consumer's I mean the retailer or final user,intead u only import and sell to wholesaler's!why did u choose that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
it means you are growing up, and your brains are not dull grin

Hmmmmmmgringrin u eh ur mouth na bladegrin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by kingsass: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
this is one of the reason why isurance is important..........hope they have fire insurance to cater for their loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

But gypsey wait oo I wan ask u something related to business..??
Why are u not selling ur goods directly to consumer's I mean the retailer or final user,intead u only import and sell to wholesaler's!why did u choose that
very good question!! you see? i have no one in nigeria my parents are old, i don't trust some family members to run a warehouse or a retail shop for me in nigeria, I trust no one! in that aspect, is either they run the business down or they steal and divert my money and goods to their own personal use, i don't want any high blood pressure grin and i don't have the time and energy to keep running up and down between nigeria and the UK every month to check how the business is going
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

Hmmmmmmgringrin u eh ur mouth na bladegrin
but it's true! you are beginning to think rationally, Anything is possible in nigeria and anywere right?
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

Exactly
Good! this means your brain is not filled with maggots grin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
Good! this means your brain is not filled with maggots grin

I hear ugrin
Continue with ur bladegrin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
but it's true! you are beginning to think rationally, Anything is possible in nigeria and anywere right?

Oh so now u feel am beginning to think Rationallygringrin

Well I agree anything is possible in nigeriagrin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ifyboy60(m): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

you obviously believed that fabricated stories, why can't they investigate to ascertain how the fire really started
since dey haven't investigated, it would be improper to conclude dat it was targeted at anyone.
wat of d numerous fire out breaks in kano

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Martin0:

Oh so now u feel am beginning to think Rationallygringrin

Well I agree anything is possible in nigeriagrin
martin look for my reply on why i don't sell my goods from warehouse or shop, i ve repied you. and tell me what you think
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
ifyboy60:

since dey haven't investigated, it would be improper to conclude dat it was targeted at anyone.
wat of d numerous fire out breaks in kano
well they need to investigate but i doubt they will as they have Already concluded by a fabricated lies and claiming it's a natural disaster, remember this was your words natural disaster! grin you are Already Accepted the lies
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
very good question!! you see? i have no one in nigeria my parents are old, i don't trust some family members to run a warehouse or a retail shop for me in nigeria, I trust no one! in that aspect, is either they run the business down or they steal and divert my money and goods to their own personal use, i don't want any high blood pressure grin and i don't have the time and energy to keep running up and down between nigeria and the UK every month to check how the business is going

Hmmmm na wa ooo!
That is exactly what happend to a friend I know,his family wrecked his business down and since then he resorted to selling his goods immediately after clearan's..

But currently now he now has a boy boy working for him,(muslim,abokiÿ he import the goods and take dem to his shop thereafter him and the boy boy (aboki)will calculate the worth of the goods and he returns back to china...

But that was like months ago oo I don't know if he has closed his shop and continue doing business like yougrin

Coz dem nor dey trust pesin againgrin
Life na jaga jaga shagrin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

So on what agreement or how do u sell your goods when u import,(credit or cash and carry)

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by GavelSlam: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! there are no two ways About it, you are correct! and you will find that the %99 traders in that market are Igbos and they own the most shops in the market, this arson is perhap to frustrate them, and why in this seasonal sale time? it is very sad! this fire was delibrately lit by jealous and wicked arsonists

Just like the Ozubulu massacre was carried out by non-igbos.

You lot are despicable.

4 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
martin look for my reply on why i don't sell my goods from warehouse or shop, i ve repied you. and tell me what you think

ok.
Anugwo mugrin
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

This ur way of doing business is the best way,infact the best..
No high blood pressure ,but wait oo ve u imported ligh items before like (Ghana most go bags,baby things, etc)
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by basmur(m): 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kylekent59:
It happened yesterday. Was there life and direct.
was it at trade fair??
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by basmur(m): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
Igbos businesses have always been destroyed by wicked and jealous arsonists
every year, until Igbos began to think about developing their own towns and villages and build markets in their own regions these incidents will keep happening.

Why did this market not caught fire From january to november? why in december? when igbo traders are preparing to make money on seasonal sales.

All these is to frustrate them, but they will never learn.
it is very sad and unfair
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by bigfish3k: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
WHY is there always fire in most markets every yuletide
when most traders must have stocked up their shops in preparation for the season sales
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by basmur(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
Igbos businesses have always been destroyed by wicked and jealous arsonists
every year, until Igbos began to think about developing their own towns and villages and build markets in their own regions these incidents will keep happening.

Why did this market not caught fire From january to november? why in december? when igbo traders are preparing to make money on seasonal sales.

All these is to frustrate them, but they will never learn.
it is very sad and unfair
for as long as the incident was quite unfortunate, pls dont use it to criticize anybody. This is not first time those trailer has been coming with goods to the market and probably wont be the last even after the inferno. Mind you, people all over the country and beyond patronise them,.. Some igbos trader even wish for more yorubas' patronage...lets stop this blame game pls...

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
I wonder who still goes to all these places to buy electronics. Oligopolies, overpriced and sometimes fake. I found out dt fridges, ac's, tvs, washing machines .etc. are cheaper in big stores. They honor warranties too.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by BabaRamota1980: 5:39am On Dec 18, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:
Sabotage suspected!

Gavelslam follow up this case.... don't be surprised the traders will be left on their own.

Do they have insurance? If not, yes, they are on their own!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by BabaRamota1980: 5:45am On Dec 18, 2017
gypsey:

Shut your trap there!

You people claim it happens to you every year. So it is predictable. What measures have you taken to break the yearly cycle?

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ProWalker: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2017
janellemonae:
I wonder who still goes to all these places to buy electronics. Oligopolies, overpriced and sometimes fake. I found out dt fridges, ac's, tvs, washing machines .etc. are cheaper in big stores. They honor warranties too.

My sentiments exactly, even the stress you will face in traffic to get there is discouraging and then the chances of getting short-changed by those ibo crook traders
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by bedspread: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2017
Terrible!!! I JUST IMAGINE HOW THOSE AFFECTED WILL BE FEELING RIGHT NOW....

ANY ALTAR RAISED AGAINST My MATTER( LIFE, Businesses,Career, Family , My Joy) Together with the Evil Altar Priest/ Priestesses, LET HOLY GHOST BOMB U ALL INTO HELL IN THE NAME OF JESUS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Packaged Water Business / Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / Why Do Some Successful Businesses Fold Up After The Demise Of The CEO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.