Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" (41460 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by missyb08(f): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abeg make he carry hin Ego Oyinbo waka.
We should be grateful una wan marry our daughter... Mtchewwwww radaada. Talking of scam, Una no scam us with exploitation and slavery issh.
Ewu.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
you cannot even refute any of the claims. The bible accepts dowry, most traditions require dowry, you can ask anywhere in the world.
I'm not concerned about what some worthless book says or the requirements of meaningless traditions.

You are either dumb, delusional or both if you actually believe the jargons you wrote...a daughter is a property and an investment jist like a son is.
Extremely morönic somebody. I'm nobody's property or investment. African stupidity. Thanks for writing yourself off as subhuman---at least, you saved me the effort of labelling you that myself.

In India, women pay dowry to the groom's family, so, if you want someone to pay for you, go to India.
I'm not a property to be sold. I think that fate is for mediaval beings like you.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
johnstar:
Na true d man dey yan jare grin

If i fit change my mind marry 9ja gal

If u r not a virgin

Babe forget it

I won't pay for ur brideprice undecided

D rate wey gals dey Bleep self brideprice nor suppose dey again shocked

Make we scrap dis shiiit comot cool
it is not by force to marry, they nor put gun 4 ur head. I dont support costly bride price but we have culture, if u cant abide abeg find white girl marry

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by johnstar(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
gloria34:
it is not by force to marry, they nor put gun 4 ur head. I dont support costly bride price but we have culture, if u cant abide abeg find white girl marry

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by obryneblaque: 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
if you have been following prostitutes that are worthless, that is your business.

It is the person that wants to marry that knows the worth of the woman he's marrying, and once again, people are marrying these women, so they are worth something. I don't know how you can brand milliond of women hos when you don't even know them.

Are the females in your family hos? Why would you refer to people's daughters as hos? You are a very disrespectful being and I hope you end up with the kind of woman you deserve.
Please don't quote me again I can see you get fish brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by DAVEZONIGLTD: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bride price or selling price?

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Silumi(f): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
This guy is really pathetic slamming them in social media like this he is the one without class.it is called traditions stick to your white women if you can't conform.and you saying she should be happy you are marrying her is very pompous and obnoxious as if you are doing her a favour.she should dump you your loyalty and trustworthyness is questionable.

4 Likes

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
Why pay for something that will cause you trouble in the future undecided

If peradventure I'm marrying those baboons called naija women, I won't pay more than 1k as her bride price! If them don't agree let her father marry her! angry

This days that women are piece of shiit
the way guys like u reason surprise me. marriage is not 4 every1, u call naija girls baboons yet I still nurse d tot of marrying 1?
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
a whole rib was removed from Adam...that was the price he had to pay. You cannot get a woman for free, even God did not give Eve to Adam for free, do you know the worth of a rib?

Stop being silly and asking about money when the first man was created.

Moses had to work 7 years to marry his wife, why didn't her father dash her to him for free? Do you know the money equivalent of seven years of service to a man?

You cannot claim to love somebody if you expect her people to just give her to you like that. Even the Bible recognizes dowry, if you don't want to pay it, stop whining about it.

You are not the only man in this world, find what you can afford and leave the people that know what they want
my dear, God bless u

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
obryneblaque:

They pay with their labour. Moreover, those woman are of good dignity and they valuable. So they worth something paying for, unlike some holes wey come repent to be a sister
nobody is forced to marry a 'LovePeddler', keep ur cash, guys many 4 life

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by bughead: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
gloria34:
the way guys like u reason surprise me. marriage is not 4 every1, u call naija girls baboons yet I still nurse d tot of marrying 1?
hey girl! What in the word of "IF" you don't understand in that statement undecided

Me nurse the thought of marrying your useless species? undecided not in a life time.

Have a nice day and don't bother quoting me!
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by SmartyPants(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
The guy is stupid. I partially agree about the paying of bride price but i say he is stupid because he has taken a vulgar western custom (spraying of ones) and extrapolated it into the African context as if it has the same meaning.

Spraying of money in African traditions is a thing of honor not shame.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by 360command: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
He should go to Thailand, then he would know how expensive bride price can be...

But the guy is rude.. I agree with him on how expensive the bride price is but why call them scammers or disrespecting them..

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Daeylar(f): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
Maezara:
I'm nobody's property or investment. African stupidity.
I'm not a property to be sold. I think that fate is for mediaval beings like you.

I love this. Especially the part in brown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by SmartyPants(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
a whole rib was removed from Adam...that was the price he had to pay. You cannot get a woman for free, even God did not give Eve to Adam for free, do you know the worth of a rib?

Stop being silly and asking about money when the first man was created.

Moses had to work 7 years to marry his wife, why didn't her father dash her to him for free? Do you know the money equivalent of seven years of service to a man?

You cannot claim to love somebody if you expect her people to just give her to you like that. Even the Bible recognizes dowry, if you don't want to pay it, stop whining about it.

You are not the only man in this world, find what you can afford and leave the people that know what they want

There is also a place in the Bible where men simply walked up to women, snatched them up and made them their wives, and it was fine.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
snowden9:
Sometimes it's not about being broke or tight fisted that makes one utter words like that but when you look at it explicitly, you begin to ask yourself 'why should I pay for what might cause me troubles and problems in the future (speaking about what our marriage these years have suddenly turned to. You see the headlines)? '
Who came up with this concept and what was the motive behind it?
Should it be used as a yardstick to exploit hustling and struggling men from their hard earned money? Thereby telling yourself 'If he doesn't pay someone else will come and pay', Is your daughter a product in the market?
But then let's look at it this way, every expensive and valuable item was bought with a price. What matters now is, will you be keeping that white and black hunch back tv of 1999 till the 2017 plasma tv year?
Know when to release your daughter and not make price an issue so she won't be dragging the last meat in the pot with you at 40years of age.
u made sense with d post. it shouldn't b used to exploit but u have to pay something. I've witnessed a case of a lady over 30yrs, her parents made everything easy 4 d guy but did not just give her to him. he had to do something. even d parent of some young girls contribute to their daughters marriage ceremony. it depend greatly on d parents so d issue should be 4 parents to reduce their prices not removing bride price
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
hey girl! What in the word of "IF" you don't understand in that statement undecided

Me nurse the thought of marrying your useless species? undecided not in a life time.

Have a nice day and don't bother quoting me!
obviously u dont understand d 'if' word.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Macgreat:
grin

Sir Lugard, I agree with you completely. I will not pay any too.

Is a big scam, they got it from slavery. Africans selling their daughters to slavery since 1680.

Mchewwww!
Lolz. Kukuma go to and IDP camp and marry one of the escapees there. I'm sure they'll willingly follow you without any bride price

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by safarigirl(f): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
[sub][/sub]
gloria34:
u made sense with d post. it shouldn't b used to exploit but u have to pay something. I've witnessed a case of a lady over 30yrs, her parents made everything easy 4 d guy but did not just give her to him. he had to do something. even d parent of some young girls contribute to their daughters marriage ceremony. it depend greatly on d parents so d issue should be 4 parents to reduce their prices not removing bride price
this Western culture has washed the brains of many people that they think they can just do away with everything. Even the most basic aspects of culture are being threatened because somebody got formal education and can speak English.

You see black people ehn, their case is different

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by bughead: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
gloria34:
obviously u dont understand d 'if' word.
fish brain!

I think in should completely ignore you!
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by omaar12(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
Maezara:
He wants to marry her for his own reasons---and her parents have no say in the matter. It's up to the woman to decide who she wants to spend the rest of her life with, and their permission isn't necessary, since she's an adult, and THEY DON'T OWN HER.

She's not their property.
For Ur Mind Now U Have Spoken Like An Advocate, If The Marriage Goes Sour Tomorrow. Where Does She Return To (ur Guess Is As Good As Mine) She Goes Back To The Same Parent That U Said "THEY DON'T OWN HER". He Should See The Bride Price As A Token And His Willingness To Make Sacrifices For Their Love.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by indoorscholar(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
omaar12:
If He Is Not Comfortable With It, There Is A Lot Of White Ladies In Europe And America, He Should Go Back To His Continent And Get Married. African Men Are Not Complaining, Must Me Substitute All Our Culture And Norms Just To Please U Guy.
He Is Even Saying We Should Be Happy That He Is Even Getting Married To Our Ladies Wtf. These Kind Of Guys Are Those Kind That The In Laws Cannot Ask For Help When They Are In Dier Need Least He Calls Them A Scammer.

Who told you African men are not complaining?
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Shaev7(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sometimes people say Igbo land, it may be stereotype but 75% are factual.
God knows if any parent gives me a price that is up to Land charges in Lagos, the love I have for their daughter dies immediately and I will gently not marry her. #myview
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
Mr. whiteman welcome to modern slavery. You wonder why most Igbo men marry late, saving up for bride price, non sense

Very common in Igbo land, specially Imo state.

You must be a bastard, son of a bitch
So if you want to impregnate and marry girl without paying a dime, you can,
If you want to marry for free, you can

There is a level the Igbo people operate,
Igbo men don't rush into marriage if they are not ready for it, have you seen an Igbo man being single because he can't afford bride price/bride price is costly?
If that's the case Igbo men will start marrying free women outside,
Majority of Igbo men are responsible, family matters, they weigh the future of their family and not bride price, this is the same reason you won't see Igbo men marrying 2 wives.

Bastardized idiot
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
somegirl1:
Don't be silly, that's not a white man.

I wonder when black Americans became white

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Oye0404(m): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
anonimi:

Is it by force for Africans to die in the Sahara desert, be slaves in Libya, die in the Mediterranean Sea trying to reach Europe and be underemployed second class citizens in their cold countries
Please show some sense when you type.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

Yes I will show some more sense, but its obvious u're not even half as sensible as me. if u are u won't expect me to reason and think the same way u do
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by omaar12(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
indoorscholar:

Who told you African men are not complaining?
Oga There Is A Lot Of African Tribes, Nigeria Has Over 250+ And Their Bride Prices Ranges From Millions To Hundreds, If You Cant Pay In Millions, Biko Use The Next Option.
Am An African Man, An Igbo Man For That Matter, I Know The Cost Bride Price Of An Avarage Igbo Lady. And I Have Benefited From The List Giving To Suitor, All My Brothers Are Married And The Gift They Recieved From Their In Laws, Not All Have Been Put To Use Till Today.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by bezimo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
I agree with him.. rubbish tradition...Bride pricing payment has been used by African parents to fleece prospective grooms over the years and should be abolished.

If i had a daughter and someone comes for her hand in marriage. After all the formalities..i will make sure the so called bride price is returned to the young man seeking her hand in marriage and let him know my daugher is not for sale..so be careful how you treat her.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
bamirotola:
I know Nigerians , especially Edo nd IBO's , they excalated d bride price cos he's white... He must have been told abt paying but got more than what he bargained ... Dear IBO parents , don't use your daughter to extort your in-law, that's why their ladies keeps running to Yoruba guys despite tagging dem Yoruba demon, cos we don't care abt d price ...lool nd IBO guys running after Yoruba ladies...

Statistics shows that by 2020, there will be more single IBO ladies than other tribe , you can google..
Tag me with stupid comment at your own Peril oo

Bastard Yoruba pig, the guy is not a White and bride price has never been a problem in the East, the last time I checked Yoruba boys are the once who always marry outside their tribe and Igbo guys hardly marry out side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Of Olu Of Warri, Olori Atuwatshe 111 Shines On Cover Of VGlamour Magazine / Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend / Photos Of Emir Sanusi's Library In His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.