Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" (41437 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
lovelygurl:

Of course grin

Woooh woooh

Let's start killing twins again grin

We have to keep out tradition alive

Do try to be reasonable dear,killing of twins was stopped because it's barbaric,why didn't the white people try to stop bride price when they came, or were people not getting married then?

don't let go of your heritage because you want to be like the foreigners,you'd only be colonizing yourself.
If you really want to let go of everything your ancestors did.....start with the food,songs,dances etc,then we know you are pure oyibo.

Bride price is not a problem,without it,you are only cohabiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
nachW:

Do try to be reasonable dear,killing of twins was stopped because it's barbaric,why didn't the white people try to stop bride price when they came?or people were not getting married then.

don't let go of your heritage because you want to be like the foreigners,you'd only be colonizing yourself.
If you really want to let go of everything your ancestors did.....start with the food,songs,dances etc,then we know you are pure oyibo.

Bride price is not a problem,without it,you are only cohabiting.

Darling, there's sth. like culture change. There are stuffs that our fore fathers did, that you won't want to do. This is a part of life and it's called evolving. It's not up to YOU to decide which part of my culture I'd rather not be a part in.

Do not talk to me about acting like an oyibo, if you'd rather wear a suit instead of an ankara to an interview, wear a wig instead of your afro, speak English instead of your mother tongue, worship a foreign religion instead of the gods your fore fathers did etc.

Just like YOU chose which tradition you want to continue, I've chosen mine and that should be none of your business

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol you know someone has nothing meaningful to say, if an argument is justified with the bible grin. You can justify everything with it grin

Anyways she might have been sleeping in biology class but her stories are dope grin
She's very ridiculous. Her mentality is so Middle Ages.
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Daeylar(f): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
lovelygurl:

Darling, there's sth. like culture change. There are stuffs that our fore fathers did, that you won't want to do. This is a part of life and it's called evolving. It's not up to YOU to decide which part of my culture I'd rather not be a part in.

Do not talk to me about acting like an oyibo, if you'd rather wear a suit instead of an ankara to an interview, wear a wig instead of your afro, speak English instead of your mother tongue, worship a foreign religion instead of the gods your fore fathers did etc.

Just like YOU chose which tradition you want to continue, I've chosen mine and that should be none of your business

Damn girl grin grin
No chill was used in the making of this post lol grin

Nice. smiley
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
Maezara:
She's very ridiculous. Her mentality is so Middle Ages.

wanted to respond but seeing ur pix.......its obvious who z in d middle ages

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
nachW:

wanted to respond but seeing ur pix.......its obvious who z in d middle ages
Lol. What about my dp? It's a crime to appreciate art?

From which school did you pass out?
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
Daeylar:

Damn girl grin grin
No chill was used in the making of this post lol grin

Nice. smiley

Girl, some people are just hypocrites. It's annoying and somehow entertaining grin
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
snowden9:

True that Gloria. If you ain't married already, i hope your parents won't keep you at home for long 'for the right price'.
Happy birthday by the way.
thank u
Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by 9jaDoc(f): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2017
Agimor:
It's an Africa thing.

Only Nigeria... and to some extent Ghana (only because of Sakawa)
9ja is the only country that has a scam named after her.
Everybody knows what "Nigerian scam" is.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by Kennedymac(m): 2:06am On Dec 19, 2017
Agimor:
He is obviously referring to that Mbiase girlfriend of his that wants to rip him of his currency.
face ur tribe mumu and leave our women for us we don't for people like u to marry our women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend / Wife Of Olu Of Warri, Olori Atuwatshe 111 Shines On Cover Of VGlamour Magazine / Photos Of Emir Sanusi's Library In His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.