Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God (766 Views)

Pastor Explains Why Men Feel Excited When They Suck Their Wife's Breasts / Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me / Why Do Men Feel Tired After Love Making? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by uniquechukwuma: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
In one of the most interesting studies yet, it has been found that men who have more s*x are more likely to believe in the existence of God

n a recent study that was published in Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, researchers from Duke University in North Carolina, USA, have suggested that sex can inspire spirituality in men.

The research says the oxytocin released during s*x doesn’t only promote social bonding and altruism as we know, but also promotes ‘divinity’ and an increased belief in the existence of God.

“Spirituality and meditation have each been linked to health and well-being in previous research. We were interested in understanding biological factors that may enhance those spiritual experiences. Oxytocin appears to be part of the way our bodies support spiritual beliefs,” said lead author of the study and social psychologist at the American University, Patty Van Capallen.

For purposes of the study, men were given the oxytocin hormone while others received a placebo. It was found that the men who were given the hormone were more likely to cite spirituality as something that was important in their life, even though some might’ve not necessarily thought this before receiving the oxytocin.

SPIRITUALITY IS COMPLEX AND AFFECTED BY MANY FACTORS. HOWEVER, OXYTOCIN DOES SEEM TO AFFECT HOW WE PERCEIVE THE WORLD AND WHAT WE BELIEVE

According to the study, the men were also more likely to say that they had an “interconnection with other people and living things”.

A big part of men’s response to the oxytocin also had to do with each individual’s genetic make-up. Men who had a gene called CD38, which is said to release the hormone in the brain, often had a more intensified response.

“Spirituality is complex and affected by many factors. However, oxytocin does seem to affect how we perceive the world and what we believe,” Van Capellen added.

Interesting to note is that women actually produce more oxytocin then men, but the effect it has on our female counterparts is yet to be investigated in-depth.

“Oxytocin’s effects on women’s spirituality still needs to be investigated,” said Van Capellen.

source: https://hapimom.com/relationship/study-sx-makes-men-feel-closer-god/
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by AlexCk: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Wetn person no go hear.

Baba God with the angels right now be like...

Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by uniquechukwuma: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
na soo i read am oooh
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by Eggcelent(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmmm. Interesting

However, Sex In Which Context Makes One Closer To God
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by Kekx(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
mn
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by habsydiamond(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
So if u are having sex with an olosho or ashawo nao it will bring g u close to God......wetin Una dey take God for sef.......God dislikes dirty behaviour....the sex act God want is that btw man and wife......in Ur dreams will sex bring u close to God
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by Kingsley1000(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
LEMMI RUSH BUY CONDOM
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by ubunja(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
habsydiamond:
So if u are having sex with an olosho or ashawo nao it will bring g u close to God......wetin Una dey take God for sef.......God dislikes dirty behaviour....the sex act God want is that btw man and wife......in Ur dreams will sex bring u close to God
lol i didnt see this coming

1 Like

Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by MatricNumber(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jesus died a virgin and he was the closest to God.
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by Kingsley1000(m): 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
My baby must see this
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
Of course the article is right. By the time a man gets HIV during sex, he'll even be just a step from God's door. undecided

1 Like

Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by tolulashman(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abeg stop

I almost choked to death on the ground nuts that I'm eating
Re: Study ~ S*x Makes Men Feel Closer To God by myself13: 12:02am On Dec 19, 2017
Nah Lie jorrrh, "SeX KILLs".

(1) (Reply)

See This Financial Minister Playing Candy Crush At The Parliament. / Pregnant Brides / Urgent Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.