Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,390 members, 7,830,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me (3314 Views)

MEN!! Run From H0es With This Particular Attribute! She Will Ruin You!! (photos) / 'A Woman Having Large Breasts Makes Men Stupid' - Founder Of The Boob Movement, / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Threesha(f): 9:38am On May 30, 2022
From DM

Being too independent or educated isn't a crime nor is it my fault. its painful sometimes when I realise men don't want to have anything to do with me all because of that,

One even said he would feel threatened if ever we get married because I would be bringing more to the table than him,

Another said he won't even stress himself to work because he knows he can't compete with me,

Another said I will become arrogant when we get married because once a woman is too educated she becomes another thing.

Is it a crime to be independent, educated and well to do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by haabidah666: 9:41am On May 30, 2022
so..what should we do nw?
we should fry water undecided

5 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by mystery22: 9:49am On May 30, 2022
The same way handsome guys intimidate women I guess

2 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Zonefree(m): 9:49am On May 30, 2022
Most independent and educated Nigerian women don't usually have sense. Their independence is their curse.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by rickpat(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2022
it's all about your true personality...money doesn't make one bad,it only brings out the true character in you......be humble whether Rich or poor...if you find a good man,he will love and respect you and you in turn will love and respect him too.... IT'S ONLY A MAN THAT WANTS TO MALTREAT HIS WIFE THAT'S AFRAID OF HER WEALTH CUS MOST RICH WOMEN WILL NOT ALLOW A MAN TREAT THEM LIKE TRASH... MOST WOMEN TOLERATE ILL TREATMENT CUS THEY'RE NOT FINANCIALLY STABLE TO MOVE ON... nobody wants and deserves to be treated like trash

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by lordchiz(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2022
Yes it is a crime to be independent as a woman
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Nobody: 10:02am On May 30, 2022
Make we hear word jor

1 Like

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emma2Seconds: 10:04am On May 30, 2022
PROFESSOR upload the pictures of what you're talking about ok
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Jman06(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2022
This is how some of you misconstrue facts and leave in fool's paradise while expecting miracles to happen.

No man is intimidated by your being independent. It's your attitude towards being independent that drives men away.

The blunt truth is that once a typical Nigerian lady feels she's financially OK i.e independent, she sees any man coming her way as a parasite who wants to leach on her even when such men come with the noblest of intension.

No decent man wants to be seen as dependent on his woman, so most times they perceive your disdain for average men from afar and keep away from you, thus leaving you with the real gamers who are masters in scamming you.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by robinso01(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2022
You can't just blame them, successful women are easily intoxicated by their success.

2 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by baretalk: 12:19pm On May 30, 2022
Most are carried away with their change.
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Nonexisting: 12:29pm On May 30, 2022
The question is independent and doing what exactly? You are independent, slaying and answering bosslady on Instagram with no verifiable source of income and you expect good sons of Adam not to flee from you? Ama nna gi chikwaa. angry

2 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by siofra(f): 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
I saw this quote somewhere
men don't like strong women because then they are expected to act like a MAN with women like that

Independent women only intimidate weak men.

4 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Kaymicheal852: 12:38pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

I dont have too much to say

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Jijuo: 12:38pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

It depends though. Why would anyone want that when what really count in life is reality? At the end of the day, no matter where in the world you are, people are people, cities are cities and life is life. Everyone has to make money, eat, sleep and live somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Kingnelson9: 2:11pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

It gives room to feminism
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emmanuel909090: 2:30pm On May 30, 2022
That's true because, you are going to be divorce oriented.

Being independent is good, but most married women who reach such height tend to disrespect their husbands and see no need for a man.

But, if you show the humble and respectful side of you, you will definitely find a man that will stay.

3 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by bmdmix15: 2:55pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

i dey find independent woman, holla @ me
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Hartugrin27(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2022
Zonefree:
Most independent and educated Nigerian women don't usually have sense. Their independence is their curse.

Holy ghost ooooooo
Feminist r coming for you
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by yuping(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

undecided you are meeting sisi men ones yoh meet real men like me you will be safe.
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by anochuko01(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2022
This is a lie.

Except you don't have good characters to add to your independency.

1 Like

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 30, 2022
For a real man, a woman who has more resources will make him challenge himself to up his game, and become even more resourceful.
That being said, there's no big deal in a woman being dependent. If a man is strong physically, emotionally stable, intelligent, courageous, loving and spiritually sound, so far he is not financially handicapped, he will gain the woman's respect.
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by FuckDModz: 6:53pm On May 30, 2022
Beautiful women are getting married week in, week out. But here you are deluding yourself because you think you have some coin.

If you like don't humble yourself and look for a dick to suck.

Fucking bastard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emperor88(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

Those men are ass#ole...Me that the only reason I will marry is when I find an independent woman. Having a parasite of a woman in this economy who will still cheat on you is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emperor88(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2022
anochuko01:
This is a lie.

Except you don't have good characters to add to your independency.
I thought as much.
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emperor88(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

How won't she have a boy friend unless she is looking for a rich man like Dangote, handsome man like Ramsey Noah, a simp like Ozo and a lavish spender like Hush.
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by Emperor88(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2022
Most of this independent women have a very high taste that's the reason men avoid them. I have a sister cousin like that yet to marry at 40+.....
Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by UncleHenrich(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

Always claiming independent online but dependent offline�

1 Like

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by InfinityFabric: 8:13pm On May 30, 2022
I say why pay hell a lot for used good when you can get original, brand new for 1/100 of the asking price.
If I'm making 500K+ or 1M+, I'd rather go for a girl that will always cost < 50K than go for a girl that's 500K.
It's basic economics.

Remember: Women always want you:
- to make more money than them
- be stronger and more confident
... the list is endless

Congrats! You've outbid yourself out of the market. You've become the man you want to marry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by davien(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2022
crows2ravens:
For a real man, a woman who has more resources will make him challenge himself to up his game, and become even more resourceful.
That being said, there's no big deal in a woman being dependent. If a man is strong physically, emotionally stable, intelligent, courageous, loving and spiritually sound, so far he is not financially handicapped, he will gain the woman's respect.
Forget all this motivational talk. Let's be real, Nigerian women are materialistic and once most become well off than most men they start thinking they can control whomever they are dating or have more say in any issue. Any man who thinks he can hustle up and compete with her is in for a rude awakening when he's unable to meet up. Moreso you've now turned a home which is supposed to be the man's solace into a game of chess with one partner trying to outdo the other, I doubt such unions last as there's no contentment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by InfinityFabric: 8:16pm On May 30, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

Even Linda got someone to give her belle. Wetin come happen to this one ?
Another case of pricing herself out if the market.

Assuming the story is true.

2 Likes

Re: Being Too Independent Makes Men Run Away From Me by IkeIgboNile(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2022
I have a rich auntie in Abuja that always complains about been un married but won't give an average man a chance to date her grin. Most financially buoyant ladies are the caused of their problems.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Investing Your Life Into These Women" Solomon Buchi Advices Men / E Get As Hookup Girl Go Bleep You And Bleep Your Dick And You Go Fall In Love / Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.