Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles (23302 Views)

Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

Hijab wears is an arabian culture! You love your arabian god enough to act like an arab before him, then do that in your mosque!

And I wonder why your sisters are choosing to apply into institutions whose rules clashes with your arabian god, don't you think you're simply undermining him?

Yeye.
The Nigerian constitution allows the right to religious freedom so how the heck are the rules clashing?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

So you're saying Muslims don't go to mosques with there native attire! Yeye. I never even said Christians go to church in panties or skimpy clothing so stop trying to proof to me that you're a slowpoke.

All washed down/covered with arabian Hijabs on your women while your men can't even display their agbada in the mosque. Can't even communicate in your language to Allah as well. Abegi..
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

The Nigerian constitution allows the right to religious freedom so how the heck are the rules clashing?

The same Nigerian constitution allows an independent bodies such as Nigeria bar body to have its own governing set of rules! It's either your sister obeys it or get the fvck out!

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by colby92(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Abeg make una put hunger strike join am. Werey
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Crieff(m): 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Awon terrorists oshi! If Una like carry bomb for head dey protest.

Once-in-a-life time 2 hours ceremony...she's playing to the gallery...foolish hypocrite. So if you do not wear your hijab for 2 hours for a formal, non-religious ceremony that you will never have to do again in your life, Allah will not allow you enter Una heaven? Bigots!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.
Is law profession originated from Arab culture? If it does,are we not going to adhere to Arab mode of dressing? The lady in question just want to raise dust. Western education is not the same as Christian belief,but our Moslems brethren maliciously mixed Christian missionaries with colonialists. Law profession is of west,and got its curriculum from western culture not Christianity belief and U and I are bound to adhere to rules governing the profession study. Why study law when u know dat is against ur faith? How would U stop Christians or traditional believers should advocate their own robe or attire. In a secular society u don't lord ur belief over others.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by zoedew: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by imam07: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

If you have right to your stupid religion, if you be govt worker why u no spend the whole month inside your mosque without going to office and defend yourself for with your right to religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by apexglobal1991: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
I don't know why our brothers and sisters in christianity are not seeing rationale in this call of NSCIA on the law school to rescind its decision not to call Firdaus to bar on the ground of morality and decency firmly preached by her spiritual beliefs which she decided to uphold?

Had the christian women folks adhere to their religious commandment to cover their heads and promote morality in this age of societal decadence; our place could have been a better place to reside in. But instead of reasoning in that direction, they go on celebrating the adoption of western culture that has stripped them of their ancestral heritage of moral values.

I am sorry to say that I am beginning to see the true manifestation of God's warning that "They can never like you untill they make you err and abandon your religion, and even at that, THEY WILL STILL NOT LIKE YOU".

Please lets all join hands to encourage good and anhilate what is bad in our society.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Azarina: 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

We have a right to have hijab phobia because you can hide bombs in there to kill all the “infidels”. The problem is Islam and not we the people!

Don't worry we won't bomb you cos we are not terrorists and why don't you also accuse your reverend sisters of terrorism. I'm sure there's space to hide bomb inside their veil too #hypocrisy

I thought you love Jesus (peace be upon him) to want to see him in paradise. You have to die in order to see him

Mind you anybody can be a terrorist
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

Are the words 'Christianity' or 'Christmas' stated in the Bible?
Why not check the Bible yourself? The disciples of Christ, were first referred to as Christians, in Antioch. It is there in black and white, inside the Bible.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 20, 2017
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=63430318]
And who told they don't? You are not forced to comply that is why we have options. You are to choose whether to follow the right path or the wrong one[/quote

but I don't see an iota of decorum with many of you guys. They mostly don't think before talking or typing.they let sentiment and hatred takeover their thought. and you are right there is no compulsion in religion. you cannot force anyone to be on the right part. God guides whom HE wishes to guide.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Crieff:
Awon terrorists oshi! If Una like carry bomb for head dey protest.

Once-in-a-life time 2 hours ceremony...she's playing to the gallery...foolish hypocrite. So if you do not wear your hijab for 2 hours for a formal, non-religious ceremony that you will never have to do again in your life, Allah will not allow you enter Una heaven? Bigots!!!

. And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 20, 2017
Diademk07:

All washed down/covered with arabian Hijabs on your women while your men can't even display their agbada in the mosque. Can't even communicate in your language to Allah as well. Abegi..
. And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by AiiVee(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.

you should know that nobody is criticizing anything...and the protest is not legitimate... The law profession is a Western culture as you said and if you want to do it right, do it as it is done.. I just see this case of protest and mention of co-christians as the Muslim religion being a competitive one.. They just see other religions as a threat and opposition...
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Crieff(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2017
Deen4all:

Then she must be an infidel, right?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2017
wink
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Vivere: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Ajalekoko76:

Is law profession originated from Arab culture? If it does,are we not going to adhere to Arab mode of dressing? The lady in question just want to raise dust. Western education is not the same as Christian belief, but our Moslems brethren maliciously mixed Christian missionaries with colonialists. Law profession is of west,and got its curriculum from western culture not Christianity belief and U and I are bound to adhere to rules governing the profession study. Why study law when u know dat is against ur faith? How would U stop Christians or traditional believers should advocate their own robe or attire. In a secular society u don't lord ur belief over others.

You are so correct! I dash you this bottle of Origin, jare. You deserve it....
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by psp2pc(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2017
seguntijan:
There was a time people insult Muslims for keeping beard, there was a time people insult Muslims for wearing trousers above ankle, look around you we now have "beard-gang" and " short trouser wearing peeps "carrot" everywhere. This same hijab, you all will wear it in the name of fashion.

it's a pity you don't know religion has brainwashed you.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
Vivere:

Why not check the Bible yourself? The disciples of Christ, were first referred to as Christians, in Antioch. It is there in black and white, inside the Bible.
O really! But you seemed to leave out the word 'Christmas'. I wonder why
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
imam07:
If you have right to your stupid religion, if you be govt worker why u no spend the whole month inside your mosque without going to office and defend yourself for with your right to religion.
Are you dumb? My beautiful religion doesn't tolerate laziness.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Diademk07:

The same Nigerian constitution allows an independent bodies such as Nigeria bar body to have its own governing set of rules! It's either your sister obeys it or get the fvck out!
Is the law school above the Nigerian law?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
Diademk07:

Stop making a fool of yourself. Islam doesn't Circe anyone to wear Arabian clothing it only makes it compulsory to cover the private parts.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
Diademk07:

Stop making a fool of yourself. Islam doesn't Circe anyone to wear Arabian clothing it makes it compulsory to cover the private parts.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
Habyz:

Is the law school above the Nigerian law?

What's this one saying? Nigeria Law gave the Law school the right to make her rules!

Stop acting like an illiterate because of a religion!

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Habyz:

Stop making a fool of yourself. Islam doesn't Circe anyone to wear Arabian clothing it makes it compulsory to cover the private parts.

Hijabs cover private parts? Yeye.

You don't even know that Arabian Hijab culture is a dirty habit! No wonder only the wretched wears hijab!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 1:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
Deen4all:

The muslim countries such as syria, Afghanistan, Iran etc have peace indeed! Don't you mean chaos? Yeye.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
Habyz:

Are you dumb? My beautiful religion doesn't tolerate laziness.

Your arabian religion should first address the exclusion of females from sharia law practise before coming to spout rubbish in western common law. Chaotic arabian religion!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
apexglobal1991:
I don't know why our brothers and sisters in christianity are not seeing rationale in this call of NSCIA on the law school to rescind its decision not to call Firdaus to bar on the ground of morality and decency firmly preached by her spiritual beliefs which she decided to uphold?

Had the christian women folks adhere to their religious commandment to cover their heads and promote morality in this age of societal decadence; our place could have been a better place to reside in. But instead of reasoning in that direction, they go on celebrating the adoption of western culture that has stripped them of their ancestral heritage of moral values.

I am sorry to say that I am beginning to see the true manifestation of God's warning that "They can never like you untill they make you err and abandon your religion, and even at that, THEY WILL STILL NOT LIKE YOU".

Please lets all join hands to encourage good and anhilate what is bad in our society.

If covering of the hair is seen as morality, having four legs under hijab is what?

Chaotic folks!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Diademk07:

What's this one saying? Nigeria Law gave the Law school the right to make her rules!

Stop acting like an illiterate because of a religion!
The law which gave the school the right to make her rules didn't give it a right to overrule the national laws. I don't have to trade words with you anymore.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
Habyz:

The law which gave the school the right to make her rules didn't give it a right to overrule the national laws. I don't have to trade words with you anymore.

Talk back to me when the national rules overrules sharia law rules of no female in the practise!

Some people are not just so dumb but hypocrite! I wonder what your muslim sister is doing in a western common law when she has sharia law for her religion!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by maasoap(m): 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
Xisnin:

Aside the fact that hijab is a symbol of oppression of women.
You are trampling on the rights of NBA by attempting to force your
dressing code against their rules and regulations.
If you must dress like a masquerade, stay away from NBA or any organization
with modern rules and regulations.
Does your mum cook for your your daddy? That should be a symbol of oppression too. So, I also guess the ones that are being used by nuns is a symbol of oppression too. My wife uses hijabs, come and explain to her how it is a symbol of oppression.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? / Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.