Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles (23301 Views)

Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Wheezdom(m): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nw show me d hijab dat cause dis trouble. How much was it sef??

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by emmanuelex1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Your comment is the most sensible TRASH I read online today. Please practice your religion and keep your religion to your self. Nigeria is secular state. Tell sister terrorist or extremist to respect the rules of the legal organization or go to sharia court. Why did she even choose to study law? How about traditional worshipers wearing traditional attire while being called to bar? The rule was meant for all religion to follow. Muslims should have respect the dress code and the existence of other religions. No wonder Bokoharam says western education is sin, yet they fight with grenades and Kalashnikov, as well as use mobile phones. #do not blackmail others with your religion
ablelad:
It is not a surprise to see comment coming out from a non Muslim like you people. You are all sentimental that's just it. What act have you all exhibited with your foul comments. Its equivalent to terrorist, racism and abuse. Allah will judge you all according to your comments. What are your mothers and sisters wearing?clothes they put on showing cleavages, lapses and almost their unclothedness and yet you celebrate them. Hijab gives respect.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by aleniboro(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
drshamo:

This is nt a matter of sentiment and don't assume what u don't know... She graduated form unilorin and she can easily do her law school in Lagos which is close to her home town bt she knew that Lagos and d likes don't accept hijab or scarf at all and choose abuja knowing Abuja permit mini hijab for their call to bar... pls don't assume, confirm this from the right source and they will tell u d truth abt dis...

They don't permit mini hijab but scarfs!

Read well, everything isn't about being chaos like you're known for.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by superstar1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

The hijab wasn't enforced as you said. And I agree that covering your body doesn't make you holier that does who don't but the ones who don't have other reasons for not and I can say that they are not all pure reasons also the hijab is not a blanket of any sort it is simply to cover the head it isn't going to stop her from wearing the uniform how is that a problem to the law school?

I do not have a problem with th lady for fighting for her right. Let her take it court. It deepens our interpretation of the law.

I have an axe to grind with the useless NSCIA elders that are leaving major ills in our society , but chose to be protesting for an overfed lady that is insisting on wearing hijab after wilfully consenting to the rules of law school and by extension, forfeited her right.

What stops the lady from studying Sharia Law? Who will care whether she is wearing thong on her head or a masquerade outfit on her body? Her body and her choice.

Throw religion aside and condemn NSCIA that is silent on corruption poverty almajiri menace, child abuse child trafficking, kidnapping, rape etc but they suddenly found their megaphone over the piece of clothe.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Tozara(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

Thank you!

A depeerlife member once had issue with Nysc uniform and was reprimanded for turning her Nysc trouser into a skirt, she eventually left the service when no one bat an eye at her, even the CAN bat no eye at her! She was forced to leave at the end!

Yet we have some hooligans fighting over arabian cultures! Yeye.
Now, imagine the Deeper Life lady coming out to claim she was singled out to be victimized because she was a Christian---that reprimanding her for violating the laid-down rules is an attack on her religion, and other Christians supporting her because it's "her right".

That's the exact scenario that is playing out in Firdaus' case.

You can come out and say that the rule doesn't make sense FOR EVERYONE---that you want the institution to be more flexible with her rules, and not too rigid. That you want them to respect religious and cultural diversity. Okay---that point of view might be considered, and the whole body can arrive at a decision, after the terms of UNIFORMITY and BASIS FOR THE IDENTITY OF MEMBERS within the organization have been redefined.

But to come out and scream oppression and victimization---to claim that you were penalized not because you chose to defy A RULE THAT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED, which you have been AWARE OF ALL THESE YEARS, but because they hate you and your religion, and want to discriminate against you because of that, is so annoying and irritating.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
Now, imagine the Deeper Life lady coming out to claim she was singled out to be victimized because she was a Christian---that reprimanding her for violating the laid-down rules is an attack on her religion, and other Christians supporting her because it's "her right".

That's the exact scenario that is playing out in Firdaus' case.

You can come out and say that the rule doesn't make sense FOR EVERYONE---that you want the institution to be more flexible with her rules, and not too rigid. That you want them to respect religious and cultural diversity. Okay---that point of view might be considered, and the whole body can arrive at a decision, after the terms of UNIFORMITY and BASIS FOR THE IDENTITY OF MEMBERS within the organization have been redefined.

But to come out and scream oppression and victimization---to claim that you were penalized not because you chose to defy A RULE THAT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED, which you have been AWARE OF ALL THESE YEARS, but because they hate you and your religion, and want to discriminate against you because of that, is so annoying and irritating.

Exactly!

Funny how educated folks are being reduced to illiterates because of a religion!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Amoto94(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.
I do not support the protest but I agree with other parts of your post.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by superstar1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.

How do you mean by Islamic dress or dressing? Did Muhammed brought down a dressing from heaven?

it is the dressing of the Arabs, if you do not know. It was introduced by the Persians i.e. Iranians - modern day Shittes.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Wheezdom(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
tit:
We will kill anybody who oppose hijab
n i wil Bleep anitin on hijab. Bitch
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by murmee: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
superstar1:
Are these bunch of idiots serious at all?

What happened to protest against corruption

Protest against boko haram

Protest against murderous fulani herdmen

Protest against child abuse and child trafficking

Protest against early marriage

Protest against rape.

I repeat, NSCIA is a useless jobless and mad association. Social ills abound and they are running after hijab.

I am sure NSCIA masterminded the drama to demonstrate their madness.

Can those mad NSCIA members tell me that Muhammed will leave all those social ills and would rather be fighting and causing public disturbance over ''a mere piece of clothe'' as they used to call it.

If God or Allah or whatever was very particular about hijab or ninja or niqab or burka, He would have given you one when you were coming to the world. You came nake.d and you shall return to him nake.d without one useless hijab and he will only judge your acts and actions. If you like wear the niqab, hijab and burka combined together.

Hypocrisy and madness at its peak. Arrant nonsense!!!!!!!!!
One Million Gbosas for you. Very good post!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
felixomor:
If CAN talk, they will say CAN is political.

See now!
My brother na so oh.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by solar111: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pictures speaks a thousand words.........these countries are believed to be way more advanced than us yet they tolerate diversity!

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
enuelsmith:
waiting patiently to see the final decisions of the Law school and other stakeholders in respect to this subject matter. If yielded to this empty treat, then we shld just agreed that Nigeria is no longer a secular state, but an Islamic state. It sounds ridiculous and uncalled for that a religion group shld hold the entire country at ransom. I won't be surprised in no distant time, if Jehoval witnesses also decided not to obey the National anthems when been recited, since they also have thier human right. I feel bad, that i could share the same country with some of these extremists, who believe they could fight for God, we have many unending problems in the country, creating additional problems through unnecessary medium doesn't shows our loyalty as nationalists to this great country. We have invariably redefined what human right and right to religion really meant in this country, disobeying an existing order itself is tantamount to disobeying God.
Jehovah witness rarely sing national anthem yet they are forced to sing it. If this scale through, many things will turn upside down
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Deen4all:

children of hate. why don't pastors incorporate morals has part of sermon in church
And who told they don't? You are not forced to comply that is why we have options. You are to choose whether to follow the right path or the wrong one
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:

Oga, stop this your sensational, fear-inducing and unconfirmed story. Nigeria is God's delight and it belongs to us all. Rather than running away from these infidels, I would rather advise Christians to be more united, irrespective of denominations which is our bane. Let's see to the removal of sharia law in our constitution, let's see to the removal of Arabic writings from our currencies. Nigeria does not belong to either Muslim or Christian or any other religion. It is for us All. And any government that wants to put one religion above another shall not stand.
We were warned but we didn't listen
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Moji12(f): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:

One good thing about Jehovah witness is that they don't sing national anthem and thus, they don't participate in politics. So, you would not see them ranting that their rights are being deprived of them.

One bad thing about these extremists is that they are systematically and gradually changing all the rules of the land to ensure Islamisation of Nigeria. Laws that unite us together as a nation are being changed for them. We still have Arabic writings on our currency, our constitution supports sharia (Islamic) law, we have islamic states in Nigeria and people of other religions dwelling there are not treated fairly. Woe betides anyone that rants Islamophobia trash in my hearings. They know what they are doing but i trust the Most High that He will frustrates all their plans.
I say a big amen to this. The lady is just a devil incarnate trying to stir the waters unnecessarily. Look at what we r debating on in d 21st century. If she as a lawyer can't abide by the law then I'm sorry. It simply shows she would always be biased in her dealings especially when it comes to her muslim brothers. Religion of zero tolerance. Spits.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by adaxxy: 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
This girl dey craze oo
Wetin be this naah
You never be lawyer you don dey break law,
What makes you think you are special,
Even Head of states daughter knows what's up.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Azarina: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
superstar1:
Are these bunch of idiots serious at all?

What happened to protest against corruption

Protest against boko haram

Protest against murderous fulani herdmen

Protest against child abuse and child trafficking

Protest against early marriage

Protest against rape.

I repeat, NSCIA is a useless jobless and mad association. Social ills abound and they are running after hijab.

I am sure NSCIA masterminded the drama to demonstrate their madness.

Can those mad NSCIA members tell me that Muhammed will leave all those social ills and would rather be fighting and causing public disturbance over ''a mere piece of clothe'' as they used to call it.

If God or Allah or whatever was very particular about hijab or ninja or niqab or burka, He would have given you one when you were coming to the world. You came nake.d and you shall return to him nake.d without one useless hijab and he will only judge your acts and actions. If you like wear the niqab, hijab and burka combined together.

Hypocrisy and madness at its peak. Arrant nonsense!!!!!!!!!

Mr man, please how is hijab affecting your brain?
Is it worn on your brain? no
Are your female relatives forced to wear it? No
How is wearing hijab part of your ten commandment?

If you want to protest against corruption, rape, Bokoharam and so on, whyy don't you lead the protest?

Ode, is even preaching unclothedness, you are right by saying we were born naked (thumbs up). Allah is great for creating us naked

Just imagine how painful it would be for your mother if you are passing through her vagina fully clothed with your traditional attire and of course with shoes on, can you digest that
So human being was created and fashioned perfect by our creator

If truly you adore unclothedness, your parents should have left you unclothed after your delivery
Do you go about your daily business raiding the street in a naked state

Your rants are invalid and you don't know what your priorities are
#hijabphobia
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by TyrantInAsoRock: 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who Hijab EPP?

Well it helped me once,
As a Corper, I crept inside it during one early morning parade to do kerewawa.

People were shocked when they noticed the woman with the full hijab had 4 feet.

It still amazes me how any sane person will groom her hair, make up her face, then wear a full body veil that covers both.
Even my bible tells me that no one lights a candle and hides it under his bed.
Luke 8:16

Finally a sensible comment

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by MrCEO69(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If you look at our world holistically, failing to agree that Religion is more of tool of mental incapacitation is mischievous. It was a tool of conquest the [b]colonialist [/b]used in checking the mind of the conquered.

Every passing day I see it in practise. Every day. There is no solid reason to believe that what the organized Religions teach is true. Looking at the suffering around you ask why any loving creator will concern himself with the Hijab than that.

The Hijab more of a tool of control, of dominance and serfdom. The world is full of people who want to control others for their selfish selves and religion, if we want to be honest, have shown similar attributes.

Protesting for the Hijab? That's like taking pride in donning the attire of your conquerors, not because you love the attire or that it's healthy, but because it is the attire of your conqueror. The Hijab is just a piece of cloth and nothing more

The idea that clothes and dressings have moral bearing is utter nonsense. I don't see how the Hijab adds balance to the weight of morality. It simply enhances the conqueror's system of control. You are a slave.

Let's be honest with ourselves. This religion thing looks more like a scam than reality. Yes, there may be a creator somewhere but what we have as mediators now look more confused and too irrational to be glorified.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/religion-in-nigeria-christians-israel-muslims-arabs/

Islam wasn't brought my them (colonial masters are Christian )... Osman only came to spared the religion... not to colonize.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Olemabu(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:

You are having a bad attempt at a cheap shot. Who said I was a Muslim in the first place? I am not in the mood to school you so I'll let you off.

Fyi, my issue is with the inconsistency behind the reasoning of the law.
my bad.... assuming that you were a muslim
traditionalists will come bare chested in the next call to bar. let's wait.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
solar111:
Pictures speaks a thousand words.........these countries are believed to be way more advanced than us yet they tolerate diversity!

They allow you wear hijabs there because they know you can’t do sh!t to them. Try terrorism in America and see yourselves in Guantanamo bay!

However in Nigeria, we are not so trusting of you muslims because if given an inch, you might want to claim a mile. We know in the near future muslims will say they want sharia law for the whole Nigeria and by then we can finally fight that war and kill ourselves. If you want an Islamic nation, say it so we can discuss on the modalities for disintegration and boundary demarcation and how the people of other faiths can arrange themselves.

Islam is the main problem in the World at the moment and we have a right to be scared for our safety.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by resurgentxtian4: 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
Azarina:

Mr man, please how is hijab affecting your brain?
Is it worn on your brain? no
Are your female relatives forced to wear it? No
How is wearing hijab part of your ten commandment?

If you want to protest against corruption, rape, Bokoharam and so on, whyy don't you lead the protest?

Ode, is even preaching unclothedness, you are right by saying we were born naked (thumbs up). Allah is great for creating us naked

Just imagine how painful it would be for your mother if you are passing through her vagina fully clothed with your traditional attire and of course with shoes on, can you digest that
So human being was created and fashioned perfect by our creator

If truly you adore unclothedness, your parents should have left you unclothed after your delivery
Do you go about your daily business raiding the street in a naked state

Your rants are invalid and you don't know what your priorities are
#hijabphobia

We have a right to have hijab phobia because you can hide bombs in there to kill all the “infidels”. The problem is Islam and not we the people!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

Can communicate in any language yet you speak arabs to him? Yet you dress like arab man/woman for him?

We aint arabs! If arabian god can't see that we're Africans, he should fvck out!
The fact that Islam is unique with the Arabic language doesn't mean God almighty can't understand other languages, it's just like me being a Yoruba and you saying I can't speak other languages because I'm a Yoruba. Islam was birthed in Arabic lands. We don't dress like Arabians, I'm a Yoruba and I can decide to cover my head with a Yoruba head gear that is not dressing like Arabians.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

I understand all what you have said but is it wrong to seek a discussion on the basis of our unity as a country?
As much as I want the country to split up, splitting the country does not guaranty insulation from the problem I just talked about - 'non appreciation of our diversity'.

Even in the south we ve muslims....

in Yoruba lands you ve an almost 50-50 population of muslims and Christians.....

The Koreans ve same religion and same race yet constantly at war.....

South Sudan is majority Christians but seriously at war.....

the solution is appreciating our diversity and let's leave together in peace......

That's what Europeans have done successfully which we ve failed to do......

Somebody wants a scarf on her head....

now does that scarf on her affect her neighbor or another person in anyway?......Ans: NO

Why can't she be allowed to put on scarf?...............Ans: Showing disdain or contempt for other people's value system

If the country split up today due to intolerance for diversity, what then happens to the Christians up North or the Muslims down south if diversity is not to be put into consideration?
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

The fact that Islam is unique with the Arabic language doesn't mean God almighty can't understand other languages, it's just like me being a Yoruba and you saying I can't speak other languages because I'm a Yoruba. Islam was birthed in Arabic lands. We don't dress like Arabians, I'm a Yoruba and I can decide to cover my head with a Yoruba head gear that is not dressing like Arabians.

Why all the noise on arabic hijab wear if you're not enforced to dress like an arab before arabic allah?

You should be able to speak in your language to whoever god you choose to serve. In fact, that should be your mode of communication to him because he's supposed to have made you that way, right?

Same way you should be able to flaunt your cultural attires before allah and he should be well pleased with it unless he's partial!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

No arabian culture will be enforced into our institution! You hooligans had better get that or get the fvck out of the institution!
I understand that you are trying to provide a point it's the same thing I'm doing but I haven't called you any names. Try to act matured. How is it that you relate a person fighting for her right to enforcement of the Arabian culture
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

Why all the noise on arabic hijab wear if you're not enforced to dress like an arab before arabic allah?

You should be able to speak in your language to whoever god you choose to serve. In fact, that should be your mode of communication to him because he's supposed to have made you that way, right?

Same way you should be able to flaunt your cultural attires before allah and he should be well pleased with it unless he's partial!
Yes, you should be able to pray to God in your language no-one is stopping you from that, you should also be able to flaunt your cultural values, but does that mean praying to God in clothes barely covering your private areas? There should be a sense of responsibility.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

Yes, you should be able to pray to God in your language no-one is stopping you from that, you should also be able to flaunt your cultural values, but does that mean praying to God in clothes barely covering your private areas? There should be a sense of responsibility.

Well, muslims don't do that in the mosque! They are basically arabs in the mosque but get one thing straight, we won't allow your excesses out of the mosque because we're no arabs! We're africans and your arabian god should take note of that.

Btw, where did you see christians go to the church in their panties? Most of them are often adorned in their proud flowing ankara wears with colourful "gele" to show whoever they serve that they have arrived as africans before him!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Diademk07: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Habyz:

I understand that you are trying to provide a point it's the same thing I'm doing but I haven't called you any names. Try to act matured. How is it that you relate a person fighting for her right to enforcement of the Arabian culture

Hijab wears is an arabian culture! You love your arabian god enough to act like an arab before him, then do that in your mosque!

And I wonder why your sisters are choosing to apply into institutions whose rules clashes with your arabian god, don't you think you're simply undermining him?

Yeye.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Habyz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Diademk07:

Well, muslims don't do that in the mosque! They are basically arabs in the mosque but get one thing straight, we won't allow your excesses out of the mosque because we're no arabs! We're africans and your arabian god should take note of that.

Btw, where did you see christians go to the church in their panties? Most of them are often adorned in their proud flowing ankara wears with colourful "gele" to show whoever they serve that they have arrived as africans before him!
So you're saying Muslims don't go to mosques with there native attire! Yeye. I never even said Christians go to church in panties or skimpy clothing so stop trying to proof to me that you're a slowpoke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? / Bolt Nigeria Sacks 22 Employees (Out Of 45)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.