Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles (23298 Views)

Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by maasoap(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/19/hijab-controversy-muslim-body-threatens-nationwide-protest/

Nice one. If CAN needed something for Nigeria Christians, they would be relentless until they achieved it. Hijabs don't bite.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Emyogalanya:
HE IS AFRAID LEST BUHARI SACK HIM. NEXT YOU WILL HEAR HIM DENY IT EVER HAPPENED
Shut up, even when buhari's daughter was called to bar, she did not wear that silly hijab.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by seguntijan(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
There was a time people insult Muslims for keeping beard, there was a time people insult Muslims for wearing trousers above ankle, look around you we now have "beard-gang" and " short trouser wearing peeps "carrot" everywhere. This same hijab, you all will wear it in the name of fashion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by doctorbabs(m): 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
All of you are mad.
. Including your parents. Uncultured human being
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Amazingmusa1: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
All of you are mad.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by hemsquare(m): 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
xtian with their hate for Islam, islamaphobia paining xtian since 1405 lol. I love Jesus he's a prophet of God and not himself the lord. BTW only insane person will believed a man could be a God.
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Amazingmusa1: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
All of you are mad.
God will give you what you deserve for this
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by monex(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.

stopping the lady from being called to bar, though unfair, was very valid.

the focus now should be to modify the dress code to remove the head covering clause and allow for hijabs and the likes as the clause is useless and adds no value.

Note that this also affects catholic sisters and nuns so it is more than just Islamic interests here

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by IAmKinging(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Every academic discipline/career has Rules and Ethics guiding its operations. So anyone who wants to proceed to such professional level must have read, understood and accepted its policies.
We are meddling the affairs of Faith with worldly affairs. If you feel a law in a particular discipline will affect your Faith, then choose another, after all, there are a lot of persons who gave up their academic field of endeavor for Faith purposes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Wallade(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
babajeje123:
I'm waiting for what the law school management has to say. Their silence on this matter is not honourable

They have to be silent for now because of the sensitive nature of the issue. It is quite obvious that this lady (Fidaus) planned and acted a script to tarnish the image of the Law School and misrepresent the essence of that instruction to discourage such head gears at the event to call lawyers to bar.

I think the Law School needs to go further with regulations, instructions and rules to explicitly state their regulations, instructions and rules to prevent misinterpretations and misrepresentations.

Hijab, Niqab, Bukar, Chador, Khimar, Gele, traditional and church head gears are not allowed at Nigerian Law School Call-to-Bar events.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by rayopt(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who Hijab EPP?

Well it helped me once,
As a Corper, I crept inside it during one early morning parade to do kerewawa.

People were shocked when they noticed the woman with the full hijab had 4 feet.

lmao!!!

Come ilorin. . .most esp. Unilorin to see them
Full hijab and nothing under. . .am sure the moronic firdaus can testify to this
@SUB buildin @nyt

3 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by manutdadex(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
ablelad:
It is not a surprise to see comment coming out from a non Muslim like you people. You are all sentimental that's just it. What act have you all exhibited with your foul comments. Its equivalent to terrorist, racism and abuse. Allah will judge you all according to your comments. What are your mothers and sisters wearing?clothes they put on showing cleavages, lapses and almost their unclothedness and yet you celebrate them. Hijab gives respect.
it is better to wear bikini up and down and offend ur god than to wear ijab n blow up public places.. Let ur god fight for himself... Y are u guys always fighting for him.. I guess he is dead.

5 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Tozara(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
You don't have to be a Muslim to see that this is a legitimate protest. Defending an adoption of western culture i.e Lawyers wig, rope and dressings, while criticizing an Islamic dress is a master piece of hypocrisy.
You seem to be an illiterate when it comes to logic and rationality, so let me educate you.

First thing to note: Western Culture is NOT A RELIGION, but Islam is.

Now, let's get down to business; the rule that prohibits her from wearing her hijab to bar isn't aimed at "criticizing Islamic dressing", but the purpose it was designed for automatically makes Sango, Amadioha, Obatala, Oya, Osun, Catholic, Methodist, Islamic, pentecostal dressing, and every other dressing whether it be religious, cultural, traditional, customary, FORBIDDEN DURING CALL TO BAR.

I do not care whether this rule makes sense or not, whether it is legitimate or not (someone already made it clear to me that it might be too rigid, stupid, and mediaval, and in need of modification), 'cause that's a debate for another day. But what irritates me is that these people are making it ABOUT ISLAM. They're playing VICTIMS OF THE SYSTEM. They're asserting that the rule applies ONLY TO THE HIJAB, and they want AN EXCEPTION FOR THE HIJAB ALONE.

They're all mentally ill. They're irrational goats.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Highex: 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:

Damn! Legitimate protest! I don't understand how we think in Nigeria.

It's a dressing code adopted by a western culture for a practice brought by the western culture not an Islamic function.

Dress code/uniform is basically to avoid what Firdaus just did.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by jonnyjustcome22: 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Another hijab wahala invogue

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Wallade(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
monex:

stopping the lady from being called to bar, though unfair, was very valid.

the focus now should be to modify the dress code to remove the head covering clause and allow for hijabs and the likes as the clause is useless and adds no value.

Note that this also affects catholic sisters and nuns so it is more than just Islamic interests here

Whenever you see regulations, instructions and rules that seems invaluable or unrealistic, conduct a holistic research or review on it before you confirm that it is actually invaluable or unrealistic. Don't you think every one has traditional, religious or personal head gears that they may wish to wear at such event but these regulations, instructions and rules prevents such abuse and curtails indiscipline and corruption of their norms and standards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by naijaboiy: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:
What exactly are you saying? It’s a simple case of if you can’t obey the rules you walk out of the hall.

Nothing about criticism there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Mccullum: 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
All of you are mad.

You meant; you, your family and same thinkers like you were mad, OK.. I'll send psychiatrist to all of you.

nonentity!
Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by anonimi: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
superstar1:
Are these bunch of idiots serious at all?
What happened to protest against corruption
Protest against boko haram
Protest against murderous fulani herdmen
Protest against child abuse and child trafficking
Protest against early marriage
Protest against rape.
I repeat, NSCIA is a useless jobless and mad association. Social ills abound and they are running after hijab.
I am sure NSCIA masterminded the drama to demonstrate their madness.

Don't mind the religious hypocrites.
They should protest the Sultan for sending his daughter to the UK where she does not wear hijab to graduation.

AdoraAmadi:
Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Saad Abubakar’s daughter, Fatima Abubakar recently graduated from a university in the United Kingdom.

Her father and the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, were present to celebrate her graduation held at Brighton, United Kingdom, on Thursday 20th July, 2017.. Here are more photos below;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5696985_sult1_jpeg967704e0321776b3129a97a508d19709

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6421304_fbimg1501875683384_jpeg02cdd19db3dd806e52fd2cf3cf0451a7

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by livinbygrace: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dollyak:

You are very stupid .So as a traditionalist ,I am entitled to wear my Obatala or Sango attire to the law school?He no go better for all of una .Werey people

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by babajeje123(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
ablelad:
It is not a surprise to see comment coming out from a non Muslim like you people. You are all sentimental that's just it. What act have you all exhibited with your foul comments. Its equivalent to terrorist, racism and abuse. Allah will judge you all according to your comments. What are your mothers and sisters wearing?clothes they put on showing cleavages, lapses and almost their unclothedness and yet you celebrate them. Hijab gives respect.
Bro, hijab gives nada. My eyes saw things (atrocities) that were carried out with this hijab and its variants while in school. The lady in question is a potential terrorist. If all the stories we heard that the mighty Islamic clerics at the ceremony pleaded with her but she refused are true, then I tell you that she can kill for her god.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by juchifroot: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
"stoke the fires of religious crisis. " they continually seek opportunities to shove their religion down our throats.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by naijaboiy: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
ablelad:
Mahn just STFU! You have no point.

Focus on topic!

5 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Highex: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
ablelad:

Bro, I share your sentiments, but know this the hijab that Firdaus wear today does not guarantee her place in heaven.

6 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by Simpledude0847(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/19/hijab-controversy-muslim-body-threatens-nationwide-protest/

NSCIA statement on 2015 massacre of Shiites? "It is a fundamental principle of Islam that you must obey constituted authority".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by naijaboiy: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
seguntijan:
There was a time people insult Muslims for keeping beard, there was a time people insult Muslims for wearing trousers above ankle, look around you we now have "beard-gang" and " short trouser wearing peeps "carrot" everywhere. This same hijab, you all will wear it in the name of fashion.
So in your backwarded mind now Islam formed all these fashionable wears people now put on abi? I laugh gringrin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by naijaboiy: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
hemsquare:
xtian with their hate for Islam, islamaphobia paining xtian since 1405 lol. I love Jesus he's a prophet of God and not himself the lord. BTW only insane person will believed a man could be a God.
You don’t even know the meaning of islamophobia. Keep typing trash! grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by babajeje123(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
manutdadex:
it is better to wear bikini up and down and offend ur god than to wear ijab n blow up public places.. Let ur god fight for himself... Y are u guys always fighting for him.. I guess he is dead.
Such a powerless god he is

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by anonimi: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
juchifroot:
"stoke the fires of religious crisis. " they continually seek opportunities to shove their religion down our throats.

While the daughters of their leaders looters, who tell them that boko is haram so they remain almajiris, are enjoying themselves abroad without hijab.
Bloody religious hypocrites.
I pity the fools who follow them blindly like sheeple.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2056178_buharrriii_jpegfa72c16ad1c41e9eed450be7ddf57e53

7 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by sanandreas(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
hemsquare:

Jesus is seated at the right hand of the father and he is coming again to judge the world. Where is Mohamed the pedophile and sex award winner? At the mention of the name Jesus every kneel should bow and every tongue should confess Jesus is lord.

10 Likes

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by gabriel4all: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]I have nothing to say until i see them protesting.

1 Like

Re: Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles by enuelsmith: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
waiting patiently to see the final decisions of the Law school and other stakeholders in respect to this subject matter. If yielded to this empty treat, then we shld just agreed that Nigeria is no longer a secular state, but an Islamic state. It sounds ridiculous and uncalled for that a religion group shld hold the entire country at ransom. I won't be surprised in no distant time, if Jehoval witnesses also decided not to obey the National anthems when been recited, since they also have thier human right. I feel bad, that i could share the same country with some of these extremists, who believe they could fight for God, we have many unending problems in the country, creating additional problems through unnecessary medium doesn't shows our loyalty as nationalists to this great country. We have invariably redefined what human right and right to religion really meant in this country, disobeying an existing order itself is tantamount to disobeying God.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? / Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.