Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod (11189 Views)

Screenshot Your Favorite Music Player With Your Favorite Song Playing / Whats The Best Music Player App On Phone / Take A Screenshot Of Your Music Player And Share With Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
I have used alot of music players on andriod for years now, from Stellio, Rocket, Black Player nPlayer, etc.. But I have always gone back to Poweramp music player.

It offers the best audio experience even when you are using a mediocre andriod device.. i.e with poor musicfx.

Key Features
plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff

10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
separate Bass and Treble adjustment
stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance

crossfade
gapless
replay gain

plays songs from folders and from own library
dynamic queue
embed and standalone .cue files support
support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
OpenGL based cover art animation

album art downloading

highly configurable widget types

visual themes, downloadable 3rd party skins available on Google Play

configurable lock screen

headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)

tag editor

fast library scan

scrobbling

lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin

high level of customization via settings
works on Android 2.3+

It's a paid app.. The poweramp is free with a two weeks trial then you can get the unlocker from google playstore for $4.00

What music do you think is better than poweramp?

Cc Lalasticlala dragnet Obinoscopy Mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by sinaj(f): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pi music player is nice too

3 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by GoodiOG(m): 12:09am On Dec 20, 2017
I
JayKayMaybachz:
I have used alot of music players on andriod for years now, from Stellio, Rocket, Black Player nPlayer, etc.. But I have always gone back to Poweramp music player.

It offers the best audio experience even when you are using a mediocre andriod device.. i.e with poor musicfx.

Key Features
plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff

10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
separate Bass and Treble adjustment
stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance

crossfade
gapless
replay gain

plays songs from folders and from own library
dynamic queue
embed and standalone .cue files support
support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
OpenGL based cover art animation

album art downloading

highly configurable widget types

visual themes, downloadable 3rd party skins available on Google Play

configurable lock screen

headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)

tag editor

fast library scan

scrobbling

lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin

high level of customization via settings
works on Android 2.3+

It's a paid app.. The poweramp is free with a two weeks trial then you can get the unlocker from google playstore for $4.00

I bet u haven't used PlayerPro

7 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by Franky826: 12:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Jet audio plus na beast

2 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:54am On Dec 20, 2017
GoodiOG:
I

I have sir

You'll notice I mentioned etc.. When I listed the players I have used

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:55am On Dec 20, 2017
sinaj:
Pi music player is nice too
Pi music is nice.. The ui turns me off.. The audio ain't that cool

1 Like

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by festwiz(m): 5:38am On Dec 20, 2017
For me, it'd be Black Player. Amazing UI and enough customizations. For streaming i use Apple Music.

3 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by pators(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
I use xplayer 3d... the best mp3 player with surround feature... makes you think you are in a theater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by Ay92(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2017
GoodiOG:
I

Playerpro is overrated, in my opinion. Nothing fascinating about it

3 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by Zane2point4(m): 8:22am On Dec 20, 2017
I guess you guys don't understand what op means

There is something called the default android stock sound setting in some android whose sound isn't that good from mostly from the ear phones.

Poweramp overrides this, it came with it's built in sound settings that give you good bass and quality music sound, that even your default music player doesn't.

Many of the so called player you guys mentioned uses the stock or default player music settings.

So poweramp is the best, am using the paid version sef, is like i bought it in Google Play Store for 800naira or there about.

14 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by GoodiOG(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
I have sir

You'll notice I mentioned etc.. When I listed the players I have used
The only reason i quoted u was that u didn't mention playerpro. If its there now, you must have edited your post.
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:31am On Dec 20, 2017
GoodiOG:

The only reason i quoted u was that u didn't mention playerpro. If its there now, you must have edited your post.
I understand.. Player pro uses in inbuilt Musicfx which sometimes are mediocre

Unless u are using Samsung, Sony or HTC devices but with Poweramp you won't notice that
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by 4kDdullard: 10:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried Neutron player?I think it's the best I have ever used while Mx pro player is the best for video.

4 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by zyphr(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:

I just downloaded it out of curiosity. I must confess, the sound I am getting from my headphone is a sound I never dreamt of getting. Superb quality sound. How do you pay for it

3 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by olayinkajnr(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:

Unless u are using Samsung, Sony or HTC devices but with Poweramp you won't notice that

I bought PowerAmp from playstore, it's really dope I must say. But for now I prefer my Samsung Music.

Btw, which theme did you apply on your PowerAmp?

1 Like

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by olayinkajnr(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2017
Zane2point4:

There is something called the default android stock sound setting in some android whose sound isn't that good from mostly from the ear phones.

Poweramp overrides this, it came with it's built in sound settings that give you good bass and quality music sound, that even your default music player doesn't.

Many of the so called player you guys mentioned uses the stock or default player music settings.

So poweramp is the best, am using the paid version sef, is like i bought it in Google Play Store for 800naira or there about.

You are right. I got mine for 200naira though.

1 Like

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by obinna58(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2017
Zane2point4:

Equalizer pro is free and can do same thing too with little mb

1 Like

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by Efostick(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2017
Walkman And Spotify does the job.
I love simplicity smiley
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by AnodaIT(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2017
Jet Audio is better, it even plays from folder
Superb audio quality

2 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2017
zyphr:

I just downloaded it out of curiosity. I must confess, the sound I am getting from my headphone is a sound I never dreamt of getting. Superb quality sound. How do you pay for it
Download the unlocker from playstore.. It'll cost about $4.00, open it and click on unlock.. It'll verify your purchase via the poweramp app

Enjoy fam
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I bought PowerAmp from playstore, it's really dope I must say. But for now I prefer my Samsung Music.

Btw, which theme did you apply on your PowerAmp?
Suru Dark
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2017
Efostick:
Walkman And Spotify does the job.
I love simplicity smiley
Poweramp is simple, Fam
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2017
AnodaIT:
Jet Audio is better, it even plays from folder
Superb audio quality
Lol try poweramp first you'll uninstall Jet Audio

3 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Trick:

For those who don't want to pay for the unlocker, cos even if you download the unlocker free from blackmart, after awhile.. It'll ask for Google verification

So, if you are rooted.. Then you are good to go

Just download lucky patcher, grant root access

Locate poweramp, click on custom patch, click on the exploits & patch you'll see pop up, choose any according to your version [I mean poweramp version].. Click on patch. Viola it's done.. Go to setting you will see purchase verified. You don't need the unlocker grin

4 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by Zane2point4(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2017
obinna58:

Equalizer pro is free and can do same thing too with little mb

Lols thanks, i just tried it now and its working, i downloaded player pro fx, lols, i love Nairaland blc of the wealth of knowledge like dis thanks.
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by GoodiOG(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:

I have Dolby Atom installed. So i can still enjoy sony sound with Playerpro cool
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by lanre316: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
Poweramp is the best media player for Android. And I have used rocket, playerpro, n7 player, Musixmatch, neutron player and countless others. I always come back to poweramp. The sound output is next to none.

2 Likes

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by kowalsky: 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nothing compares to deezer.

Best there ever was. Although at a premium of N1800 per month.
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
GoodiOG:

I have Dolby Atom installed. So i can still enjoy sony sound with Playerpro cool
It okay

But viper4andriod is beta

You are running a custom rom?

1 Like

Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
kowalsky:
Nothing compares to deezer.

Best there ever was. Although at a premium of N1800 per month.

It's a streaming app like Spotify
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
lanre316:
Poweramp is the best media player for Android. And I have used rocket, playerpro, n7 player, Musixmatch, neutron player and countless others. I always come back to poweramp. The sound output is next to none.
I'm telling you fam, thumbs up to the developers
Re: Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod by samodan(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried Shuttle?
It's my favourite
Even tho i haven't really had enough time with Poweramp

It has it's own powerful equalizer too
And it let's me blacklist a certain song so it doesn't show or play along with my main songs
Helps mostly for recordings that wee just randomly play as I'm listening to songs

You can also change the color theme if you not cool with blue
(Lemme goan change mine sef wink )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17 Things You Should Never Ever Google. / Help!!! How Do I Change Fonts On My Infinix Hot S3 / How Can I Remove Airtel Blackberry Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.