Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? (821 Views)

Lady Embarrassed At A Restaurant After Her Date Left Without Paying The Bills / Lady Left Calabar For Enugu To Meet Her Date But Met 12-year-old Boy Instead / Slaymama Held After Her Date Left Her With Bills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by junrey28: 3:28am On Dec 20, 2017
I was matched with this woman from Ukraine through a site called A Foreign Affair.

We’ve been in a relationship for about 2 months now. We have yet to see each other in person and I’m really nervous about our recent conversation.

She’s inviting me to be her date for her aunt’s wedding in a few months and I don’t know if accepting it would be the best choice. I’m extremely reluctant to meet her family since I’ve only been her boyfriend for a while.

They don’t even know about our relationship yet and I have no clue as to how they are going to react once they meet me. Secondly, I’m not entirely certain if seeing each other in person this fast is a good move. What if by going to this wedding would make things move too fast? What if her family won’t be too thrilled to meet me when I attend the event? So many questions are popping in my head right now.

Aside from these “what ifs,” seeing my foreign girlfriend would make me incredibly happy. Long distance can be tedious sometimes and just thinking about accompanying her in person would mean the world to me. I could easily book a ticket and pack my things but I’m still wondering if it would be a wise decision.

The only factors that strike my mind are the reactions of her family, the progression of our relationship, and what to do when I see her for the first time. I’m not really accustomed to her culture so I’m contemplating on the types of gifts I should bring over. What’s an ideal first date? How should the date go and how can I make it magical? We should we have the date before or after the wedding? I badly need some advice. Any tips and comments are gladly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!!

Girlfriend invited me as date for wedding. Advice?
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by HeWrites(m): 3:32am On Dec 20, 2017
angry
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by Gofwane(m): 3:43am On Dec 20, 2017
It's not too expensive to meet her family. They will see you as just a friend unless if she decides to introduce you as her boyfriend.

....... but bros are you truly in love with her?
Be honest with yourself, can you marry her?
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 20, 2017
What if you are kidnapped also?
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by xendra: 4:21am On Dec 20, 2017
Nigerians and time wasting, so it has to be years before you find out if her family will like you?

Just go. Don't overdo anything try to be as real as possible. You are not the only one who should be nervous, they also owe you a nice treat.

By the way are you going for the wedding? Or you just going to show up at the wedding-this will make you more nervous unless you don't mind being stared at like king-kong grin
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by KardinalZik(m): 4:40am On Dec 20, 2017
First, you must know that (in most cases), QUICK LOVE DOESN'T LAST. But you have to make it work.

Remember that if a typical Nigerian babe is in the same scenerio, she'd have travelled to meet her 'foreign suitor' without a second thought; and she'll MAKE THINGS WORK OUT BY FORCE. Learn from their logic.

Don't let someone else grab this your opportunity: many people are looking for a chance like this.
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by MatricNumber(m): 4:47am On Dec 20, 2017
xendra:
Nigerians and time wasting, so it has to be years before you find out if her family will like you?

Just go. Don't overdo anything try to be as real as possible. You are not the only one who should be nervous, they also owe you a nice treat.

By the way are you going for the wedding? Or you just going to show up at the wedding-this will make you more nervous unless you don't mind being stared at like king-kong grin
best advice

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 20, 2017
u better go or some1 else will be angry
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by Exponental(m): 5:39am On Dec 20, 2017
If you can afford it, see it as a holiday adventure.
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by xendra: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2017
MatricNumber:

best advice
tnx
Re: Girlfriend Is Inviting Me As Her Date For A Wedding. Should I Go? by habsydiamond(m): 9:17am On Dec 20, 2017
Get her a nice wrist watch or necklace with perfume...should do the trick....

(1) (Reply)

Dion Osagie Mercilessly Beats Up His Wife With A Knife And Locks Her Up / Nairalanders In New York, Would You Like To Meet Another This Valentine? / What Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.