Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Best Developed State In South-South Region? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Developed State In South-South Region? (41863 Views)

The Most Developed State In The South South Region / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by justuschi50: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
ovoP:
not really delta has warri sapele ughelli udu abraka developed
there is difference btw Warri and d rest u included they are of development as a town
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Bamz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
Clyod:
Remove Delta...All the past and present leaders have failed the state

Lol. I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Lordtunji(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pls, is there another cross river or its d same cross river where I'm serving?
That state is sh*t

3 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by justuschi50: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bamz:

Lol. I totally agree with you.
why?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iamdannyfc(m): 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
nationalnwa:
I will answer only when people from the north north, easteast and westwest say their own.. I wonder if we are really educated as we claim to be..

What the heck is southsouth ....?
geraarahia, wu need your opinion b4 (Mr educated)
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by GamaG(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
anibi9674:
in terms of infrastructure I think it should be
akwaibom,
delta,
rivers
cross river,
Edo,
bayelsa.
u no get eye for ur head
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
engrchykae:
most of the southsouth states if not all have the same problem of developing only the capital city.
Cross River only have Calabar to brag with,Rivers only have Port Harcourt and Bayelsa only have Yenegoa and Delta only have Asaba to brag with.
If you are in Anambra state,Awka is bubbling as well as Nnewi,Onitsha and ihiala.
But the southsouth states concentrate everything in the capital cities which is very bad

Delta has only Asaba? You definitely have no idea of what you're saying..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iamdannyfc(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
Adefemiaderoju1:
Your brain must be watery if that's what you could think of
and that baba go don born pikin oooo

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Bollinger(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
justuschi50:
tell me ur state before I will requote u

You don't know where it is. It would cost you an arm and a leg to get there.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
nnamdijonathan:
If you talk about number of industries in the south south then Rivers state takes first followed by Edo, AkwaIbom, Cross river, Delta and finally Bayelsa

Edo? Guy! You well so?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iamdannyfc(m): 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
freedomforall30:

Wicked things
baba, no come derail topic for here ooo, igbos are not invited

2 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ipodstinks: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
freedomforall30:
The OP and most of the posters are afonjas...obsessed with South South. They are trying to use style to insult SS in the sense that despite their huge allocation, their states are not well developed. I've studied afonjas for years, lived among them, know their language, culture, so I know all their moves...like the guy above me; doing exactly as I explained. Very wicked people naturally!
Eleriibu omo Iran ajeniyan.

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Kokaine(m): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.

what part of edo
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by UDIOK: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
Funnicator:
Akwa Ibom only got Beautiful roads.

Maybe because 91percent roads were constructed by Julius Berger, except inner city roads, or streets.

Nothing in Uyo except roads, no jobs or economic activities. Maybe a couple of nice hotels, an airport and countless keke on the streets + many betshops.

Uyo is just roads. Fine ones! Nothing else spectacular
Bros he talk about development here.....if you say it is only good roads that makes a development seems you have to go read the headings again this time slowly......when we talk about development, the roads you mention is just an entity within an Infrastructure, but it doesn't end there,Agreed with u industrial wise but you cant tell me that Rivers is ahead of Akwa Ibom in terms of Academic attainment, Industrious attributes, Human capacity building, Hospitality, cuisines, Cultural wise, Crime rate, i can go on and on okay....Akwa Ibom is far ahead of Rivers in terms of Development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by udeh3(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
My opinion though. I've lived in most of the state's on that list, though I'm from Delta State.

River State is over-hyped. Apart from Portharcourt, where else is developed? To me, Delta State is the most visibly most developed state in SS. Delta State can boost of more than 5 township stadiums, upto 2 airports and very good road network and great transport system. All the towns or major towns in Delta State can boast of A Stadium and other great infrastructures which a city can have. Development is not population.

Delta State also boost of great cities and towns apart from Warri and Asaba. Delta State comprises of great cities like Sapele, Oghara, Agbor, Ughelli, Igbuzor, Ozoro, Oleh, Escavos, etc. These places are also developed. Development is not a centred system, it's supposed to be evenly. No part of SS has a massively spread development like Delta State. One might not noticed from the highways when travelling because most of the cities and town are inside

To me, Delta State should take the first position based on my exposure to these states. Since last week, I've been in Edo State.

All SS states still needs to do more

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
There is no developed state in the south south!
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
udeh3:
My opinion though. I've lived in most of the state's on that list, though I'm from Delta State.

River State is over-hyped. Apart from Portharcourt, where else is developed? To me, Delta State is the most visibly most developed state in SS. Delta State can boost of more than 5 township stadiums, upto 2 airports and very good road network and great transport system. All the towns or major towns in Delta State can boast of A Stadium and other great infrastructures which a city can have. Development is not population.

Delta State also boost of great cities and towns apart from Warri and Asaba. Delta State comprises of great cities like Sapele, Oghara, Agbor, Ughelli, Igbuzor, Ozoro, Oleh, Escavos, etc. These places are also developed. Development is not a centred system, it's supposed to be evenly. No part of SS has a massively spread development like Delta State. One might not noticed from the highways when travelling because most of the cities and town are inside

To me, Delta State should take the first position based on my exposure to these states. Since last week, I've been in Edo State.

All SS states still needs to do more
very true... delta is not noticeably developed but the spread development is nice....warri, asaba, sapele, agbor...these are cities with nothing less than 300k population each...warri should be up to a million
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by jieta: 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
engrchykae:
most of the southsouth states if not all have the same problem of developing only the capital city.
Cross River only have Calabar to brag with,Rivers only have Port Harcourt and Bayelsa only have Yenegoa and Delta only have Asaba to brag with.
If you are in Anambra state,Awka is bubbling as well as Nnewi,Onitsha and ihiala.
But the southsouth states concentrate everything in the capital cities which is very bad
you are wrong about delta state, they are other places that are well developed. can't say more than asaba but with a little attention can be better than asaba places like ughelli, sapele, agbor.... i don't want to call Warri because apart from heading the administrative activities of the state what ever development happening in asaba same is happening in Warri.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iSlayer: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
And somehow the finest state in the SS is the state with a huge chunk of indigenous Igbo. Delta would have been second then,if Anioma men have been ruling the state.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by justuschi50: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bollinger:

You don't know where it is. It would cost you an arm and a leg to get there.
shut ur mouth
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by brightestjames: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
please, remove delta from the list. that state is curse with bad leaders. anything good cannot come from them. zero in all aspect

4 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by justuschi50: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
brightestjames:
please, remove delta from the list. that state is curse with bad leaders. anything good cannot come from them. zero in all aspect
correct

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Bizibi(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.

remove bayelsa,it is not part of Niger delta even if it is the least of the em all......the governor messed up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by fynex(m): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

No,the number one state in terms of development in south south is rivers followed by delta and akwaibom states.i have never been to edo state so i cant rate them but ill rate bayelsa as the least.

Edo state should come before delta state...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by fynex(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

As a result of infrastructural development carried out by akpabio,akwa ibom has overtaken cross river.cross river is just about calabar,ikom and ogoja.owerri has even overtaken calabar as well as asaba.

So just asaba made you list delta state before Edo state!!!

Do a proper research and I think research also involves hearing what the people living in the state has to say...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Gerrard59(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
UDIOK:
Please ask him why he said Rivers is more developed than Akwa Ibom.........I think he miss it somewhere.....i agree that Rivers is ahead of Akwa Ibom Industrial wise but in-terms of other developmental strides like Human capacity development, Educational attainment, industrious nature, Infrastructural Development Akwa ibom is ahead of Rivers

Joke of the day. No matter the indices used in development, there is no way Akwa Ibom can be more developed than Rivers - the economic hub of the South-South. Human capacity? Educational attainment? Damn, you are a comedian, however, a boring one.

Akwa Ibom more developed Rivers?

@Post, No state is developed in Nigeria. Using the UN's index of development:

-A long and healthy life: Life expectancy at birth
- Education index: Mean years of schooling and Expected years of schooling
- A decent standard of living: GNI per capita (PPP US$)

2 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by davibid: 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
I live in Bayelsa, please can you tell me one area in Bayelsa that is developed

Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2017
Another thread to celebrate backwardness, failure & mediocrity in south south. Despite huge allocation & abundance resources available to bayelsa, akwa ibom, delta & rivers - these states are 2000 years backward in all areas of life. Edo should not be on the list at all in terms of infrastructural development & viable economy.

Those 4 states should be in the same page with the most advanced states in Europe & Asia. Nigerians don't know what developed state is. Keep wallowing in darkness till the End of Time
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
justuschi50:
y all d insult on bayelsa, after if d NDA(avenger) should start fighting for their Nigerian will start to criticise them
Guy leave that thing, Ijaw people are too lazy to improve on any aspect. What sort of people depend on only fishing to survive. The Ijaws should behave like their Igbo neighbors and move out of their land, make money and bring development home. Louis Carter industry in Nnewi started in Lagos as a small trading store under a bridge in Lagos, but today, its head office is in Nnewi and is now one of the biggest manufacturing firms in Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Bollinger(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
justuschi50:
shut ur mouth

Loooooooooool. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by muller101(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
emmie14:
Is Akwa Ibom more develop than cross Rivers?
Apart from Calabar. From Akampa traveling northward it's farm settlement through out
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
Lordtunji:
Pls, is there another cross river or its d same cross river where I'm serving?

That state is sh*t
Its like you are in my mind. Cross river really a big village. Its tourist sites are nice but the standard of living of the residents is not impressive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Situation Room For Tomorrow’s Election Is Up And Runing (photos) / Man Sends A Bottled Letter To Buhari To Rescue Lekki Residents From Flood / Northern Youths Protest Killing Of Cows, Herder By Gunmen In Abia (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.