Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Best Developed State In South-South Region? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Developed State In South-South Region? (41877 Views)

The Most Developed State In The South South Region / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nowenuse: 12:36am On Dec 21, 2017
Oria1999:
Abeg rest Asaba is too small to be a capital .Edo state is not only benin city.

Where else in Edo state can be called a city? Ekpoma, Auchi, Okada, Ubiaja, Uromi or where?
In fact there is no where in Edo state that you can compare to Ughelli/Agbor/Sapele in Delta state aside Benin. I've lived in both states almost all my life.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by KingOfThePay(m): 12:47am On Dec 21, 2017
Na God go punish those people wey rule Cross River after Donald Duke...faling to consolidate his hard works.
Haba, Before, how dare you put up Cross River in such comparison and mention it amongst the least but see as today everything dun yeye..
What am i even saying, if those guys had Ernestly continued in development from where Donald Duke stopped from that time frame till now.. Omoh Cross River in Nigeria will be in another league..

I have seen it with my two eyes.. Things dun japka.. We need revival..

Baba Duke abeg come serve us one more term before you pursue your Presidential ambition

Nonsense
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nowenuse: 12:50am On Dec 21, 2017
senatordave1:

How could you have lived long enough in calabar when you said you were serving in the state? If you have gone to other places,you would have spotted some differences but you are holed up in calabar.moreover as a corper,its almost impossible to tour the whole state.finally,you claimed uyo is more developed than cali,how can? Apart from flyover,what else do they have? Do they have monorail,seaport,spar,clean streets,more banks,more tourist centres,free trade zone? Calabar is the 3rd city in the south south with the highest spread of development.almost all the entire calabar south and municipality is developed.but not everywhere in uyo is developed,only warri south lga is developed in warri,yenagoa is semi developed,asaba is coming up and is not even a local government of its own.only ph and benin beat cali in development spread.

How can you say only Warri south LGA is developed in Warri urban area? The entire Uvwie and Udu LGAs are urbanized and now Uvwie is developing into Ughelli south already.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nigerianboi1960(m): 1:03am On Dec 21, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.

edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state

edoman2016:

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state

It's like asking "between Ramsey Bolton and Geoffrey Lanister who is better"

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Oria1999: 3:58am On Dec 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Where else in Edo state can be called a city? Ekpoma, Auchi, Okada, Ubiaja, Uromi or where?
In fact there is no where in Edo state that you can compare to Ughelli/Agbor/Sapele in Delta state aside Benin. I've lived in both states almost all my life. Only spaele try in the past.
Agbor is a big vilage and nothing in Ughelli. I repeat only Spaele try in the past. Ubiaja used to be it back in my parents days. Auchi now host about three big industries,the only thing Ekpoma lack was roads which is now getting done by Obaseki.You dont know Edo and stop trying to underrated it because of the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by odigbosky(m): 5:19am On Dec 21, 2017
udeh3:

Bros nor Vess, ya mention one criteria to call a place a city or town, look at the following towns listed if they met it, you must also compare it with other states on that list, removing their two major cities if they have up to two other than the state capital. Then you can go ahead to do your own rating. I've a right to my opinion. Though my opinion is based on my travelling to virtually all the state's in that list

first of all if we think talk about the size and population these two places no fit enta city categories na. They are towns, you can compare Oleh with Sapele na...yet some people call sapele a town. If Oleh or Oghara no fit match sapele one day....na come warri. You can call Warri a city. Warri and Asaba...ehen. we go chop starch and owo soup come drink beta kaikai ontop....
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ExpressDiggers: 6:53am On Dec 21, 2017
justuschi50:
shup up, y don't u ask urself y they engage in it angry
na their state bad pass. If they funnelled all those abroad energy into developing their state, don't you think they will do better?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ExpressDiggers: 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Stop deceiving yourself. I've been to Akwa Ibom at least three time and the only reasonable thing about that State is beautiful roads. Why are your people everywhere in Rivers State if the State is what you're painting it?.

Bcus the place was a village until recently...It just started developing recently. Their people have existed longer than that na
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Clyod: 7:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Lubumbashi:
The truth is that delta state used to be the most developed state in the region until shell left the state and the economy collapsed with no good job which make all man begin to play merrybet to survive but delta is still better than edo, bayelsa and others. Only rivers state is better developed. Okowa is not doing anything, infact, the worst governor in history. If shell can come back, delta will rise again.

What exactly are you saying? What of all the allocations fron FG to the atate?

i dont even know.why I mentioned you cos your post makes no sense.Government is supposed to make an environment friendly enough for investment not the other way around.

Delta state is a complete failure. I am ashamed to call it my state
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by mrsaintman: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2017
edoman2016:

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state

......what about imo state,una no get statues ooo but them get am plenty
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by amadasunfarm(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2017
Oria1999:
Agbor is a big vilage and nothing in Ughelli. I repeat only Spaele try in the past. Ubiaja used to be it back in my parents days. Auchi now host about three big industries,the only thing Ekpoma lack was roads which is now getting done by Obaseki.You dont know Edo and stop trying to underrated it because of the past.
please remove Edo State from that list? Because there is nothing here in Edo State.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Revolva(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2017
R5iver state is the most ....infact P.H is well developed...i think awka ibom calabar...also....edo try but full of old structures....

no where develop reach Lagos city baby
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
Akwa-ibom Ayaya!
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by fero007: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please to does who dont know, forget what you learnt in skul, the real capital of Delta is Warri, it is far more developed than Asaba.

Personally in terms of average spread development, I will rank
Delta(many developed places)
Akwaibom(same thing)
Rivers(Ph axis and bonny)
Edo(Benin n Auchi)
Cross river(I dont know outside calabar)
Bayelsa(I dont know anyone)

But in terms of a particular city
Rivers (Port Harcourt)
Akwa ibom(Uyo)
Cross River(Calabar)
Delta(Warri)
Edo(Benin)
Bayelsa(leme jus put yenagoa)
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by viscerion: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2018
well personally o think Warri and Benin is a tie, and port Harcourt is good but overhyped, I also think Delta and Akwa ibom is a tie
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by nowemi: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2018
if you talking about infrastructure,then it us rivers,akwa ibom,delta,Edo,cross rivers,beyelsa. if its in social economic activities it rivers, delta,Edo, akwa ibom,cross river, bayelsa.if its in state capital,pH,Benin,calabar,asaba,uyo,yenagoa,if its oil industry rivers, akwa ibom,delta,bayelsa,Edo,cross river. non oil industry Edo, delta,rivers, cross river akwa ibom,bayelsa. all this is my own opinion
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by fero007: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
nowemi:
if you talking about infrastructure,then it us rivers,akwa ibom,delta,Edo,cross rivers,beyelsa. if its in social economic activities it rivers, delta,Edo, akwa ibom,cross river, bayelsa.if its in state capital,pH,Benin,calabar,asaba,uyo,yenagoa,if its oil industry rivers, akwa ibom,delta,bayelsa,Edo,cross river. non oil industry Edo, delta,rivers, cross river akwa ibom,bayelsa. all this is my own opinion

Think akwa ibom is above rivers in oil industry, and am not sure asaba is finer than uyo.

The way people are talking of calabar, is it that bad?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
The curse of crude oil
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by viscerion: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Kabongo1:
The curse of crude oil
the curse can best be seen in places like Dubai and qatar
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Clyod:

What exactly are you saying? What of all the allocations fron FG to the atate?

i dont even know.why I mentioned you cos your post makes no sense.Government is supposed to make an environment friendly enough for investment not the other way around.

Delta state is a complete failure. I am ashamed to call it my state

Are you sure Delta is a complete failure? Okowa will be reelected.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by viscerion: 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:

Are you sure Delta is a complete failure? Okowa will be reelected.
Holyghost fire
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by fero007: 12:48am On Jun 20, 2018
viscerion:

Holyghost fire
they say he his the worst so far, not even working even in his own agbor
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by viscerion: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
fero007:

they say he his the worst so far, not even working even in his own agbor

I know when I visited Warri n Asaba in 2015, they looked better than what I saw 4 months ago
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by hotplate: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
am from Edo state and due to my involvement in NANS I have been able to cover a whole lot of tertiary Institutions spread over the country most especially in the south south. for the subject matter I'll be giving my verdict base on the following criteria

Infrastructure(Rivers,Delta,Edo,Cross River, Akwa ibom,Bayelsa).

Education(Edo,Rivers,Cross Rivers,Akwa ibom,Delta,Bayelsa).

Security(Cross Rivers,Akwa ibom, Edo,Delta,Bayelsa,Rivers)

No Of developed town(Delta,Edo,Rivers,Cross Rivers,Akwa ibom,Bayelsa).

Industries/job opportunity (Rivers,Delta,Edo,Akwa ibom,Cross Rivers,Bayelsa).

in Generality
1 Rivers state59%
2Delta State57%
3Edo state55%
4Cross River51%
5Akwa ibom50%
6Bayelsa45%

2 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Joseph090615801: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2019
you are right Calabar is a beauntiful village not a beauntiful city if only you can check for google map yu will see things for you self
hotplate:
am from Edo state and due to my involvement in NANS I have been able to cover a whole lot of tertiary Institutions spread over the country most especially in the south south. for the subject matter I'll be giving my verdict base on the following criteria

in Generality
1 Rivers state59%
2Delta State57%
3Edo state55%
4Cross River51%
5Akwa ibom50%
6Bayelsa45%
hotplate:

in Generality
1 Rivers state59%
2Delta State57%
3Edo state55%
4Cross River51%
5Akwa ibom50%
6Bayelsa45%

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ochanja Roundabout, Before And After The Cleanups (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan In Limbo As Bashir Machina Refuses To Step Down From Senate Race / Kids Destroy And Burn Billboard With Photos Of Buhari And El-rufai In It (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.