Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Best Developed State In South-South Region? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Developed State In South-South Region? (41870 Views)

The Most Developed State In The South South Region / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
nextstep:

Heh heh, sounds just like Asaba... except in addition we have countless hotels, oloshos, and churches.

Olosho as in professional olosho or cheap girls cheesy cheesy
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Indiaindia: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
iSlayer:
And somehow the finest state in the SS is the state with a huge chunk of indigenous Igbo. Delta would have been second then,if Anioma men have been ruling the state.
KEEP QUIET THIS BIAFRAN BOY! THERE ARE NO INDIGENOUS IBOS IN SOUTH SOUTH. EVERY IBOS IN SOUTH SOUTH ARE TENANTS

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

How could you have lived long enough in calabar when you said you were serving in the state? If you have gone to other places,you would have spotted some differences but you are holed up in calabar.moreover as a corper,its almost impossible to tour the whole state.finally,you claimed uyo is more developed than cali,how can? Apart from flyover,what else do they have? Do they have monorail,seaport,spar,clean streets,more banks,more tourist centres,free trade zone? Calabar is the 3rd city in the south south with the highest spread of development.almost all the entire calabar south and municipality is developed.but not everywhere in uyo is developed,only warri south lga is developed in warri,yenagoa is semi developed,asaba is coming up and is not even a local government of its own.only ph and benin beat cali in development spread.

Please o,l never said l serve(d) here in calabar, l did my service at ekiti state o.My husband lives here,that's why l'm here, the truth is that calabar is below my expectations due to the things people say about calabar, you might be right thou but for me,l am not " wowed" by what l see here in calabar
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nightking04(m): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
simplemach:
Can any of the state mentioned here boast of at least 18hrs power supply a day or a modern rail line (not the toy one in calabar for tourism and sightseeing)?
Some parts of Rivers State, to be precise Afam axis has over 21hours light. Then i can say the same about some parts of PH main town.

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
ikechizoba:

Please o,l never said l serve(d) here in calabar, l did my service at ekiti state o.My husband lives here,that's why l'm here, the truth is that calabar is below my expectations due to the things people say about calabar, you might be right thou but for me,l am not " wowed" by what l see here in calabar

l used to work in Enugu before l got married and l did my IT at port Harcourt during my school days,so that's why l am not thrilled at all,being here in calabar
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by nextstep(m): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Funnicator:

Olosho as in professional olosho or cheap girls cheesy cheesy

What's the difference? You can talk to both types, but money for hand...

We have a whole range of them... from point-and-kill 500-1k, to poly girls for 1k and indomie, to pickup and drop off 3k-7k, to those that "won't take less than 15k", and of course we have our "must take me to Dubai and buy me iPhone" types too. grin wink
So you can just cut your cloth according to the material in your pocket.

But per my own ranking:

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Delta state (Warri, then Asaba, but afterwards it's all bush)
5. Edo state (apart from Benin, nothing)
6. Finally, Bayelsa state. (which is just here because it's in SS, not because it's "developed" )

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by opuada331(m): 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Tchalz(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
The thread says 'state' and you are here spewing thrash. .You are the type that thinks Calabar is all about the highway that brings you in and takes you out.Seek clarification, explore and establish before you make preposterous assertions.

You may be right about the hight taxation but, Calabar is definitely a beehive of business activities..

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THERE IS AN INDUSTRIAL LAYOUT IN CROSS RIVER

Cross River may not be well endowed with mineral resources but enterprise run the state.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Oria1999: 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
nextstep:

We have a whole range of them... from point-and-kill 500-1k, to poly girls for 1k and indomie, to pickup and drop off 3k-7k, to those that "won't take less than 15k", and of course we have our "must take me to Dubai and buy me iPhone" types too. grin wink

But per my own ranking:

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom
3. Cross Rivers.
6. Finally, Bayelsa state. (which is just here because it's in SS, not because it's "developed" )
Nothing there after benin city?good thing its your opinion.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by nextstep(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
Oria1999:
Nothing there after benin city?good thing its your opinion.

Heh heh, na small joke... I'm from Edo and Delta, so I can laugh at myself... grin
But seriously, what is there outside Benin?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
UDIOK:
Please ask him why he said Rivers is more developed than Akwa Ibom.........I think he miss it somewhere.....i agree that Rivers is ahead of Akwa Ibom Industrial wise but in-terms of other developmental strides like Human capacity development, Educational attainment, industrious nature, Infrastructural Development Akwa ibom is ahead of Rivers

I have lived on both states and can confidently tell you that Rivers is way ahead of Akwa Ibom.
The only thing I'll give to AKS is good roads and clean environment.
Apart from that no comparison at all. All the things AKS is getting now that someone listed here, Rivers has gotten them for ages and most people don't even border anymore about them, but in AKS you see people screaming for a stadium and tropicana with a Library(which is a duplicate of obi wali civic center in PH).
Never the less I love Uyo. So don't get me wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bollinger:
Holy crap!! Look at the rubbish states Nigerians call "Developed". Smh.
shut up and face your front
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Bollinger(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
loneatar:
shut up and face your front

Una too like rubbish. Wallow in it. grin
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by darfay: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
nextstep:

But per my own ranking:

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom
3. Cross Rivers.

You must be sick to say after asaba and warri it's all bush.ughelli,sapele and agbor have bigger population than Asaba so what's your stewpid point
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Oria1999: 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
nextstep:

Heh heh, na small joke... I'm from Edo and Delta, so I can laugh at myself... grin
But seriously, what is there outside Benin?
You dont know Edo state and you are more Delta.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by darfay: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
engrchykae:
most of the southsouth states if not all have the same problem of developing only the capital city.
Cross River only have Calabar to brag with,Rivers only have Port Harcourt and Bayelsa only have Yenegoa and Delta only have Asaba to brag with.
If you are in Anambra state,Awka is bubbling as well as Nnewi,Onitsha and ihiala.
But the southsouth states concentrate everything in the capital cities which is very bad

Delta only has asaba it is confirmed you are not even a Nigerian to start with who doesn't know warri is ahead of asaba by a country mile

Now to the issue at hand
Based on infrastructure
- Rivers and akwa ibom,Delta(The only state with two airport in two different cities,with two government houses)

Economy
Rivers then Delta(they both have the second and fourth largest igr in the federation respectively
Delta state has two sea port if I may call it so

Sports
Delta Delta and Delta
We have the most number of stadia in the country
We have won the national sports festival for the last 3 edition

Education
Delta delta and Rivers
We have always ranked higher in ssce and secondary school entrance exams
We have more tertiary institution than any two south South State combined only ogun state MIGHT have more in the federation

Agriculture
Delta state is the largest rubber and timber producer in the country
One of the largest producer of cassava,fish,oil palm in the Nigerian federation

Bad Governance
Bayelsa state and Delta state
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bollinger:

Una too like rubbish. Wallow in it. grin
you type like non-nigerian
May I know you pls?
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by tibass(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.
Pls count Bayelsa out,,
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Always surprised at how people hype Calabar. It really isn't that impressive compared to the hype you often hear. Cross River is also a big state and most of it outside Calabar is remote and impoverished. Cross River only ranks above Bayelsa in development and in terms of economic activity, it's at the bottom of the South-South states due to Bayelsa being boosted by oil production activity.

My ranking would be:
1) Rivers
2) Akwa Ibom
3) Delta
4) Edo
5) Cross River
6) Bayelsa

Bayelsa and Delta have to be ashamed though that despite all the huge allocation plus the intervention of Ministry of Niger Delta and NDDC, there is so much backwardness across the states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by raphaeladeyele: 9:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
alright
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iSlayer: 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
Indiaindia:

KEEP QUIET THIS BIAFRAN BOY! THERE ARE NO INDIGENOUS IBOS IN SOUTH SOUTH. EVERY IBOS IN SOUTH SOUTH ARE TENANTS

Whatever makes you come.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nowenuse: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
engrchykae:
most of the southsouth states if not all have the same problem of developing only the capital city.
Cross River only have Calabar to brag with,Rivers only have Port Harcourt and Bayelsa only have Yenegoa and Delta only have Asaba to brag with.
If you are in Anambra state,Awka is bubbling as well as Nnewi,Onitsha and ihiala.
But the southsouth states concentrate everything in the capital cities which is very bad

How can you say Delta has only Asaba? What about Warri? ...you don't know that Warri is 2-3 times bigger than Asaba?

Warri just has a problem with bad roads. Otherwise, it is bigger than Aba and Onitsha in size.

Delta state also has Ughelli, Agbor, Oghara and other fast developing towns.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iamrammy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

Dont bring politics here.amechi made rivers what it is.rivers is the third most urbanized state in nigeria now
i believe you mean Dr peter odili, ameachi only gave us an unfinished mono_ rail and many abandoned projects in his greater port harcourt.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nowenuse: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
nnamdijonathan:
If you talk about number of industries in the south south then Rivers state takes first followed by Edo, AkwaIbom, Cross river, Delta and finally Bayelsa

I really don't understand how people are ranking Edo above Delta state. Edo that has only Benin as the only city and developed place, Unlike Delta that has Warri
and Asaba.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nowenuse: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
udeh3:
My opinion though. I've lived in most of the state's on that list, though I'm from Delta State.

River State is over-hyped. Apart from Portharcourt, where else is developed? To me, Delta State is the most visibly most developed state in SS. Delta State can boost of more than 5 township stadiums, upto 2 airports and very good road network and great transport system. All the towns or major towns in Delta State can boast of A Stadium and other great infrastructures which a city can have. Development is not population.

Delta State also boost of great cities and towns apart from Warri and Asaba. Delta State comprises of great cities like Sapele, Oghara, Agbor, Ughelli, Igbuzor, Ozoro, Oleh, Escavos, etc. These places are also developed. Development is not a centred system, it's supposed to be evenly. No part of SS has a massively spread development like Delta State. One might not noticed from the highways when travelling because most of the cities and town are inside

To me, Delta State should take the first position based on my exposure to these states. Since last week, I've been in Edo State.

All SS states still needs to do more

Sincerely Delta state would have been the most developed. The only problem is lack of modern infrastructures and amenities. If Delta state can be well organized, men, it would be among the highest ranking states in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by ocelot2006(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
anibi9674:
in terms of infrastructure I think it should
rivers
akwaibom
delta
cross river
Edo
bayelsa.

I'll rank Cross River ahead of Delta. The former has far better infrastructures Tha the later.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by dafuturis(m): 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
udeh3:
My opinion though. I've lived in most of the state's on that list, though I'm from Delta State.

River State is over-hyped. Apart from Portharcourt, where else is developed? To me, Delta State is the most visibly most developed state in SS. Delta State can boost of more than 5 township stadiums, upto 2 airports and very good road network and great transport system. All the towns or major towns in Delta State can boast of A Stadium and other great infrastructures which a city can have. Development is not population.

Delta State also boost of great cities and towns apart from Warri and Asaba. Delta State comprises of great cities like Sapele, Oghara, Agbor, Ughelli, Igbuzor, Ozoro, Oleh, Escavos, etc. These places are also developed. Development is not a centred system, it's supposed to be evenly. No part of SS has a massively spread development like Delta State. One might not noticed from the highways when travelling because most of the cities and town are inside

To me, Delta State should take the first position based on my exposure to these states. Since last week, I've been in Edo State.

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Oria1999: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nowenuse:

I really don't understand how people are ranking Edo above Delta state. Edo that has only Benin as the only city and developed place, Unlike Delta that has Warri
and Asaba.
Abeg rest Asaba is too small to be a capital .Edo state is not only benin city.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by udeh3(m): 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nowenuse:

Sincerely Delta state would have been the most developed. The only problem is lack of modern infrastructures and amenities. If Delta state can be well organized, men, it would be among the highest ranking states in Nigeria.

This is the fact. The state needs to do more

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by udeh3(m): 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
odigbosky:

Bros....u open eye call Oleh city. The one wen pain me pass na Oghara wen u call city...bros memera ooo....shuo
e b like sat dem dy play kpangolo for ur head ooo

Bros nor Vess, ya mention one criteria to call a place a city or town, look at the following towns listed if they met it, you must also compare it with other states on that list, removing their two major cities if they have up to two other than the state capital. Then you can go ahead to do your own rating. I've a right to my opinion. Though my opinion is based on my travelling to virtually all the state's in that list
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by nextstep(m): 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
darfay:

You must be sick to say after asaba and warri it's all bush.ughelli,sapele and agbor have bigger population than Asaba so what's your stewpid point

Touchy... and it not just you wink

But seriously, my point is - and I say this as an indigene of Delta - that we have a long way to go to really develop our states. Compare all the towns, sorry, cities, in Delta to PortHarcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Ibadan, Kano, Jos, Kaduna, Ilorin, and you will see where I'm coming from.

We need industries, mechanized farming, large institutions that engage the majority of our populace. Yes we have some urban areas, but the truth is most of us in SS are a stone's throw away from a rural area. We can argue that tarred road and a few night spots means development, but in reality we lose so many of us to the larger cities, so the place remains underdeveloped with few services or options for employment.

But I really like what udeh3 had to say in his post... Delta has spread development across many parts, as opposed to concentrating it in one or two cities... I've been impressed with what's going on, to be honest...

udeh3:

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by gameboyo: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2017
Funnicator:
Akwa Ibom only got Beautiful roads.

Maybe because 91percent roads were constructed by Julius Berger, except inner city roads, or streets.

Nothing in Uyo except roads, no jobs or economic activities. Maybe a couple of nice hotels, an airport and countless keke on the streets + many betshops.

Uyo is just roads. Fine ones! Nothing else spectacular
Where do we have jobs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Gave His Sister 2 Hours To Leave Ilorin In Her Own Interest / Omosede Igbinedion Meets Yasmina, Ivory Coast's Youngest Female Lawmaker / Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.