Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2078862 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

it's very disheartening. It's best to ignore them as inconsequential as they are, that, I have learnt.

Just keep posting good developments. Their shenanigans will be buried in the progress of the state and the developmental landmarks and of course, they will get tired except of course it's an eternal curse (which I am sure isn't.)

They will be tired. At least I am sure they can't keep up being fools for the next 2 - 3 years. I think that'll be impossible, if they still do sha, then I guess they should definitely be on Guinness book of records.

You have sold your shame to dogs. You have none again. You were adviced to take your suggestions straight to your state but same character which bedevils anything that has touch of Nnamdi Kanu is still in you.

Nnamdi Kanu wants to give others freedom but can't even free his state Abia from the diabolical machinations of bad leaders but everyday he opens his radio station Anambra will be on his mouth as if it was ndi anambra that is responsible for his bad barbing business in London.

I have criticized Soludo, Obiano, Obi name them in time past because we want good governance and we are getting it step by step.

But all you people do is to come here to run down the thread and now change moniker to open new thread praising a state and a government system like Abia that is purely dead. You no get shame at all

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Most of those roads were recently reconstructed by Wike. PH has moved Away from open drainage roads without sidewalks.

Wike banned street trading decisively. Onitsha and Akwa need to aggressively do the same.

Onitsha is more developed/built up than PH, but because Onitsha have many bad roads and less greenery, PH looks better.

I pray major cities in Igbo land like Onitsha, Owerri, Abakiliki, Awka, Asaba, Aba, Enugu etc. do same

You just summarized the issue so aptly!

The SE simply needs Governors like WIKE! A governor should have the courage to correct societal abnormalities such as street trading and using the roads as a parking lot for disused or broken-down vehicles and caterpillars.

If Anambra in particular can enforce the ban on street trading and tow away any broken down trucks or caterpillar left on the roads, it would be very easy to develop and even surpass the looks of PH.

I'm worried that Soludo seems overwhelmed already by the tough decisions he needs to make to make Anambra a liveable and prosperous zone. It is clear that fixing Anambra is not about making fine speeches but dealing with those who have perpetuated abnormalities in the state for decades and now they think it's normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AELLjb7ZJlM

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
By the way,

Only a well-motivated and supervised direct Labour taskforce can fix all the internal city roads based on the scarce funds now. Any plans about awarding contracts for Anambra intra-city roads are simply misadvised.

Hopefully, equipment and the direct labor taskforce on roads are being put together now.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Cjrane2:

You just summarized the issue so aptly!

The SE simply needs Governors like WIKE! A governor should have the courage to correct societal abnormalities such as street trading and using the roads as a parking lot for disused or broken-down vehicles and caterpillars.

If Anambra in particular can enforce the ban on street trading and tow away any broken down trucks or caterpillar left on the roads, it would be very easy to develop and even surpass the looks of PH.

I'm worried that Soludo seems overwhelmed already by the tough decisions he needs to make to make Anambra a liveable and prosperous zone. It is clear that fixing Anambra is not about making fine speeches but dealing with those who have perpetuated abnormalities in the state for decades and now they think it's normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AELLjb7ZJlM

Soludo is beginning to relax. Things are becoming abnormal again. I learned EkeAwka after it’s initial gragra is back to its squalid state..indiscriminate dumping of refuse,disregard for traffic,street trading and what have u.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
Landmack:

Soludo is beginning to relax. Things are becoming abnormal again. I learned EkeAwka after it’s initial gragra is back to its squalid state..indiscriminate dumping of refuse,disregard for traffic,street trading and what have u.

He should look at the ATMA and market people that collect money from all those barrows and look the other way. If you want to stop those idiots in front of eke awka Ngonadi should shut down the market until the market leaders banish those hawkers for good. Let them take responsibility.

After all how can someone paying 20k per month for shop plus waste levies selling beans inside the market lose business to someone whose only plan is to buy barrow fill it with beans and sit at the entrance and only pay 200 naira a day while messing up the road.

Go and rent shop of 50k elsewhere they will not do. Its only to ride on the back of someone's success.

Someone will be selling phone cases and gadgets in shops with light, AC, staff, a hawker will carry barrow load it with phone cases and destroy that man's business. Go rent shop in another part of Awka and look for customer the hard way. They will not do.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 1east: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
Mktinsight the demonic night owl, no one needs your useless opinion. Anything that comes from you is considered evil, so far as you are the one saying it, it's rejected. Take your useless post back.

abuzz33:

He should look at the ATMA and market people that collect money from all those barrows and look the other way. If you want to stop those idiots in front of eke awka Ngonadi should shut down the market until the market leaders banish those hawkers for good. Let them take responsibilityAfter all how can someone paying 20k per month for shop plus waste levies selling beans inside the market lose business to someone whose only plan is to buy barrow fill it with beans and sit at the entrance and only pay 200 naira a day while messing up the roadNot everyone should be a trader or rush to Awka and Onitsha with barrow.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2022
Mysterious Leopard masquerade at Nnewi New Yam Festival, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMtIDI75rSE
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
Awka Millenium city, already gearing to be the best neighborhood in SE/SS.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by archangel1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by XerXers: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Cjrane2:
By the way,

Only a well-motivated and supervised direct Labour taskforce can fix all the internal city roads based on the scarce funds now. Any plans about awarding contracts for Anambra intra-city roads are simply misadvised.

Hopefully, equipment and the direct labor taskforce on roads are being put together now.
Aba has over taken Onitsha in urban renewal. I thought after Obi did rural roads Obiano will transfer inner city but he squandered the money on needless projects

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 0bjpmb: 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Basilo101 the bitter envious wawa bastard. Onitsha has overtaken enugu in development, urban development, investments, etc. Anambra has the best roads in SE. Enugu and Aba are on the same level of dilapidated roads. Ugwuanyi would have fixed the roads but he wasted almost 8yrs doing squandering and indebting the state. While Obiano built airport, ICC, flyovers, bridges, roads, hospitals, schools, etc. I know you are pained over these mega projects, more especially the Anambra international airport that has rendered Enugu motorpark airport useless. Ugwuanyi took enugu state 100yrs backward. So shameful.

XerXers:

Aba has over taken Onitsha in urban renewal. I thought after Obi did rural roads Obiano will transfer inner city but he squandered the money on needless projects

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 0bjpmb: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
globemoney01:
Awka Millenium city, already gearing to be the best neighborhood in SE/SS.

Best city east of the Niger

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla69: 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
XerXers:

Tell us Nnewi history of centralized monarchy. Nnewi is original igbo and not part of Benin or Igala settlers in Anambra. The Orizus were British warrant chief for their own community. He is just one of the numerous igwes but recent attempt to shove him down to throat of other Nnewi clans as "Obi of Nnewi" is just very ridiculous

let me cure ur ignorance about Nnewi Kingship....

Nnewi is made of four clans.. otolo uruagu umudim and nnewichi..

Nnewi practice democracy with federating units.

each clan have an Obi
under each clan we have different communities...
like uruagu we have. akaboedoji, edoji, akaboukwu, akaboezem. etc. each of this clan have an OBI.….who serve as members of uruagu cabinet and decision making....

under the communities..
eg akaboedoji.. we have umunna...each umunna have OBI who with other Obi from other umunna serve as decision makers for the community.... each of this obiship are hereditary....

The Obi of Otolo , (otolo being the first son of Nnewi) as the Igwe of Nnewi wen it comes to external dealings and some cultural dealings...but his authority is limited to only Otolo.. he cannot direct or make law for Nnewi except other 3 OBI's agreed. he does not have jurisdiction over the other 3 clans....

this is perfect democracy.......has nothing to do with colonisers. or ur warrant chief rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 4:11am On Sep 01, 2022
post=116229302:
Awka Millennium City update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCXYGOA_rs

A wonderful estate. I see a lot of water lying around on the surfaces showing high clay content of the soil. I hope that the roads are well built and the drainage is top notch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 4:35am On Sep 01, 2022
About soil types, when Soludo is ready to build roads he should do proper soil stabilisation with cement on the sub base not using laterite before pouring asphalt because a lot of the soils in Anambra have poor load bearing characteristics and need to be reinforced. They should also relocate all markets out of cities because those trailers contribute to destruction of roads.

Soil-Cement Stabilization For Road Pavement Using Soils Obtained From Agu-Awka In Anambra State

O. OkonkwoV.
Published 2015

This work was carried out to determine the effectiveness of soil-cement stabilization for road pavement construction using soils gotten from Agu-Awka, Awka,

Anambra State. Tests were carried out on the soil sample which includes the Atterberg limit tests, particle size distribution analysis; compaction test using the West African Standard mould compaction test and the California Bearing Ratio (CBR) test. Based on the tests carried out on the soil, the sample was found to belong to the A-2-6 subgroup of A-2 group of the AASHTO soil classification system. It is required that a minimum California bearing ratio which should not be below 80%, 30% and 10% be met for base, sub-base and subgrade materials respectively. From the California bearing ratio (CBR) test carried out on the soil sample, the CBR value for the soil sample was found to be 15%, which was adequate for subgrade materials but not adequate for sub-base materials and thus, the soil sample had to be stabilized. After stabilizing the soil sample by the addition of cement, CBR values of 27%, 33%, 50%, 86%, 111%, and 122% were obtained for percentages of cement added at 5.0%, 5.5%, 6.0%, 6.5%, 7.0% and 7.5% respectively. The minimum percentage of cement added to the non-stabilized soil in order to attain the minimum CBR value requirement for sub-base materials and base course materials were 5.36% and 6.48%. The result met AASHTO standard specifications and set a minimum benchmark that applies to the soil tested.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2022
Yeah

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2022
XerXers:

Shut up ur dusty mouth abeg
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 1east: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2022
Mktinsight take your useless opinion out of here. Soludo nor Anambra doesn't need an advice from the devil like you. Even your 'goodmorning greeting' is devilish. Anything that comes from you is evil. You are a rejected fellow. Use your so called advice to fix your miserable life.

abuzz33:
About soil types, when Soludo is ready to build roads he should do proper soil stabilisation with cement on the sub base not using laterite before pouring asphalt because a lot of the soils in Anambra have poor load bearing characteristics and need to be reinforced. They should also relocate all markets out of cities because those trailers contribute to destruction of roads.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 1east: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2022
post=116229302:

Best planned neighbourhood in igboland

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 1east: 11:40am On Sep 01, 2022
Mega2biz:
Mysterious Leopard masquerade at Nnewi New Yam Festival, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMtIDI75rSE

Anambra has rich cultural background

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2022
abuzz33:

You’re right. I believe Soludo will not construct nonsense roads.
I still love the six solid lanes of roads built by PO...still smooth and good.

Soludo shouldn’t give room for mediocrity. See the roads constructed by who I don’t know already have folds and pot holes probably from heavy duty trucks. The roads are substandard.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2022
The pressure mounted on the commissioner of police and the govt of the day on the total closure of the state CID road has yielded something good. Now our pple can now have access to the road without any difficulty. Do not pay a dime to policemen on that axis...policemen collecting monies from motorists will be severely punished...report any.

On the other hand it’s left for Hammer and his set of deranged ipigs to desist from attacking govt facilities in the region...youths of every community where these facilities are located should make it a point of duty to guard every govt facility in their locality. Youths shouldn’t sit down and watch miscreants come to destroy the little we are managing. Youths should stop encouraging evil doers, arsonists u
Note that, anything destroyed currently has x2 maximum effect on the locals of that community.
You go and burn down police stations/burn down Amawbia prison,release hardened criminals,shoot down security forces or cheer the arsonists and feel it will pain Buhari? Sorry for u...na ur old mamas/papas,Aunties/uncles etc that will suffer the ripple effect. Any pakam again on the security facilities or attack on security persons on Amawbia road...that road will be shut down till further notice,note that,that road houses some pples business premises,so imagine the untold hardship that will befall those pple....youths of Amawbia should assist in guarding those facilities for the good of ndi Anambra.

May Soludo’s reign be great!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdoki: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2022
post=116229302:

WOw. Nice one, I will advise the developers to ensure the allottees start building in their alloted space to encourage people to buy into the second phse of the project.

Anambra is going to grow rapidly this I forsee, but the only proble that may affect this is IPOB and thier wanton destruction of life and prpoperties.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

WOw. Nice one, I will advise the developers to ensure the allottees start building in their alloted space to encourage people to buy into the second phse of the project.

Anambra is going to grow rapidly this I forsee, but the only proble that may affect this is IPOB and thier wanton destruction of life and prpoperties.

Tell Nnamdi Kanu and his brothers in destruction that nature has moved against them.

Kanu should concentrate his agitation in Abia state

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by XerXers: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
Ejanla69:

let me cure ur ignorance about Nnewi Kingship....

Nnewi is made of four clans.. otolo uruagu umudim and nnewichi..

Nnewi practice democracy with federating units.

each clan have an Obi
under each clan we have different communities...
like uruagu we have. akaboedoji, edoji, akaboukwu, akaboezem. etc. each of this clan have an OBI.….who serve as members of uruagu cabinet and decision making....

under the communities..
eg akaboedoji.. we have umunna...each umunna have OBI who with other Obi from other umunna serve as decision makers for the community.... each of this obiship are hereditary....

The Obi of Otolo , (otolo being the first son of Nnewi) as the Igwe of Nnewi wen it comes to external dealings and some cultural dealings...but his authority is limited to only Otolo.. he cannot direct or make law for Nnewi except other 3 OBI's agreed. he does not have jurisdiction over the other 3 clans....

this is perfect democracy.......has nothing to do with colonisers. or ur warrant chief rubbish
Are we not saying that same thing? What you described above, does it sound like a centralized monarchy to you? Perfect democracy is what igbos are know for before colonization. Nnewi is original igbo different from Igala and Benin settlers in Anambra
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
Mila Cinemas Awka now open for public

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfRxJUPnGs

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by XerXerz: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Basilo101 nwa nsukka, stop crying over Anambra monolithic status. Anambra people are one people including the 2% Igala settlers, they are part and parcel of the monolithic Anambra. Focus on your enugu state that doesn't have monolithic outlook and lacks dynasty and powerful stools like Obi of Onitsha, Eze Uzu of Awka, Eze Nri, Igwe of Nnewi, etc

XerXers:

Are we not saying that same thing? What you described above, does it sound like a centralized monarchy to you? Perfect democracy is what igbos are know for before colonization. Nnewi is original igbo different from Igala and Benin settlers in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2022
XerXers:

Bkay aka Xerxers or whatever u call it. You’re fast becoming a pest and a nonentity on this thread..watch it.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2022
XerXers:

You really need to give us some space here. Stop forcing yourself here. Channel your energy from the state you come from.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdoki: 2:17am On Sep 04, 2022
archangel1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnAPIACHxj8

This market is heavily due for remodelling. Soludo can patner with Private sector to remodelling rebuilt a better main market.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1318) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.