Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2072401 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obere4u: 11:19pm On May 14, 2023
investnow2013:

More of it is in Enugwu Ozubulu(70-80%) and no Oraifite!

Leave them. That's how they also claimed ifeanyi ubah stadium is in Nnewi but we know the land is 80% nza ozubulu.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdoki: 12:46pm On May 15, 2023
What the Anambra State government is shy to do, Delta State has done in Asaba.

If Anambra doesn't sit up, it will lose a large chunk of its middle and high-class population to Asaba.

As I've always said, governance is not for the poor alone, but for the rich and middle-class!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 1:05pm On May 15, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

If Anambra doesn't sit up, it will lose a large chunk of its middle and high-class population to Asaba.

As I've always said, governance is not for the poor alone, but for the rich and middle-class!
Nothing special here. Akpaka Forest is even larger than this
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 0fodirinwa: 1:34pm On May 15, 2023
The whole of Abia State is a dumpsite of dilapidated infrastructures and filth, umuahia is a rural area while aba is a cesspit of dilapidated roads and filthy environment, but somehow you managed to skip all that and then put all your focus on a progressive Anambra.

Abia has remained the worst and most backward state in Nigeria but it doesn't bother you one bit.

Abia owing civil servants months of unpaid salaries but you are never worried, all you do on a daily is jumping from thread to thread pretending as if all is well with your backward useless worthless shithole abia state.

Today, abia is the last in igboland, even ebonyi of yesterday has overtaken it and even have an airport now, but abia don't even have good roads not to talk of having airport.

Just recently, Anambra guy Peter Obi gave abia state Alex Otti after many decades of thieves looting and unde developing the state but you are worried about a progressive Anambra that has had good leadership back to back since 2006. I must confess that abia people are cursed just like their state.

NwekereNdoki:
What the Anambra State government is shy to do, Delta State has done in Asaba.If Anambra doesn't sit up, it will lose a large chunk of its middle and high-class population to Asaba. As I've always said, governance is not for the poor alone, but for the rich and middle-class!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 2:19pm On May 15, 2023
TabletMan:
Some road construction being done by Mr. Solution is done by laborers with hand and small machines in this 21st century and other roads are still crying for attention or patching and you're here saying rail construction grin grin

My brother you're far.

It is actually very wise of Soludo to use local contractors and direct labor to fix internal city roads and drainages in his urban renewal & regeneration program. That level of reconstruction of streets does not warrant awarding such minor jobs to multinational construction giants to merely rebuild broken down streets and intracity roads. That would amount to a wanton waste of resources in a state with scarce resources and almost every other street is in an appaulling state of disrepair.

The multinational construction giants should be reserved for big engineering projects and bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-PkptuW_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8VKwHOFRYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Yjh-V8LTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPvDzixBvk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gidgiddy: 4:44pm On May 15, 2023
post=123128419:
Adswitch industry Nnewi now own by Cutix cable and wire

These are the gear switches that's being manufacture by the company

Engineer Uzodike has done well with cutix cable

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 7:54am On May 16, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Nothing special here until it comes to fruition. They're approving a project when Okowa have only few days left in office.
ChimaAdeoye:

It is actually very wise of Soludo to use local contractors and direct labor to fix internal city roads and drainages in his urban renewal & regeneration program. That level of reconstruction of streets does not warrant awarding such minor jobs to multinational construction giants to merely rebuild broken down streets and intracity roads. That would amount to a wanton waste of resources in a state with scarce resources and almost every other street is in an appaulling state of disrepair.

The multinational construction giants should be reserved for big engineering projects and bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-PkptuW_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8VKwHOFRYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Yjh-V8LTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPvDzixBvk
I'm not against using local/direct labour in road construction but some roads needs good and reputable local or foreign firm to tackle it.
The road that made me to drop that comment is Niger Street, you can use your Google map to know how important the road is to Onitsha main market, Head bridge market and Onitsha River port. I'm even happy that Mr. Soludo is working on the road but doesn't mean I will come here and start imagining about rail construction.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by osita76(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2023
TabletMan:
Nothing special here until it comes to fruition. They're approving a project when Okowa have only few days left in office.

I'm not against using local/direct labour in road construction but some roads needs good and reputable local or foreign firm to tackle it.
The road that made me to drop that comment is Niger Street, you can use your Google map to know how important the road is to Onitsha main market, Head bridge market and Onitsha River port. I'm even happy that Mr. Soludo is working on the road but doesn't mean I will come here and start imagining about rail construction.
It is on record that with the giant strides been recorded in road infrastructure in Ebonyi State, Gov. Dave Umahi never used reputable construction companies to do the roads in Ebonyi State, he always engage the local contractors and evidence of quality results are recorded, all these is dependent on the contractual agreement reached about standard and quality of those projects

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:59pm On May 16, 2023
TabletMan:

I know Niger Street when it used to be good during my childhood days and when it became impassable for more than 20 years!

Yes, if you really look at it, no Governor in Anambra's history had summoned the courage to tackle the cesspool of infrastructural decay and lawless fiefdom that had become of Onitsha. The reason that Onitsha which used to be the second largest commercial city in Nigeria in the 1980s remained stagnant was because no Governor did what Soludo is doing. The priority was always to develop the "capital" either Enugu or Awka and allow the biggest city in the state to decay and die. Unfortunately, it also meant the dearth of the southeast economy as people preferred to migrate to Lagos and elsewhere for business.

Of course, Soludo cannot even dent the surface of the huge generational infrastructural decay in Onitsha even if he collected a N500 billion naira loan. Talk more when he starts to waste too much money in constructing just one road using multinationals. We all know that a city like Abakaliki with many smooth roads had 100% of those roads built by local contractors often using DIRECT LABOR. So we know that it is possible to rebuild and reconstruct all the internal roads within our key cities if we are careful on how it's awarded and we supervise the contractor thoroughly.

Like Ned Media once mentioned in his video, the strategy to change the bad intra-city road narrative in Anambra and particularly in Onitsha isn't to construct just one very expensive and good road using multinational companies in a huge metropolis. The answer is in constructing several roads critical and alternative link roads to reduce traffic congestion and make the city liveable. Being mindful that achieving this feat of reconstructing Anambra's cities is practically impossible for the financial capacity of a state like Anambra, the only alternative will be to use reputable local companies and supervise them very closely to ensure that they deliver very high-quality roads. I am glad that Soludo is doing just that and I hope he continues until Onitsha is restored to a viable attractive city in the southeast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwM2Xjkg3dQ

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 4:44pm On May 16, 2023
osita76:
It is on record that with the giant strides been recorded in road infrastructure in Ebonyi State, Gov. Dave Umahi never used reputable construction companies to do the roads in Ebonyi State, he always engage the local contractors and evidence of quality results are recorded, all these is dependent on the contractual agreement reached about standard and quality of those projects
ChimaAdeoye:

I know Niger Street when it used to be good during my childhood days and when it became impassable for more than 20 years!

Yes, if you really look at it, no Governor in Anambra's history had summoned the courage to tackle the cesspool of infrastructural decay and lawless fiefdom that had become of Onitsha. The reason that Onitsha which used to be the second largest commercial city in Nigeria in the 1980s remained stagnant was because no Governor did what Soludo is doing. The priority was always to develop the "capital" either Enugu or Awka and allow the biggest city in the state to decay and die. Unfortunately, it also meant the dearth of the southeast economy as people preferred to migrate to Lagos and elsewhere for business.

Of course, Soludo cannot even dent the surface of the huge generational infrastructural decay in Onitsha even if he collected a N500 billion naira loan. Talk more when he starts to waste too much money in constructing just one road using multinationals. We all know that a city like Abakaliki with many smooth roads had 100% of those roads built by local contractors often using DIRECT LABOR. So we know that it is possible to rebuild and reconstruct all the internal roads within our key cities if we are careful on how it's awarded and we supervise the contractor thoroughly.

Like Ned Media once mentioned in his video, the strategy to change the bad intra-city road narrative in Anambra and particularly in Onitsha isn't to construct just one very expensive and good road using multinational companies in a huge metropolis. The answer is in constructing several roads critical and alternative link roads to reduce traffic congestion and make the city liveable. Being mindful that achieving this feat of reconstructing Anambra's cities is practically impossible for the financial capacity of a state like Anambra, the only alternative will be to use reputable local companies and supervise them very closely to ensure that they deliver very high-quality roads. I am glad that Soludo is doing just that and I hope he continues until Onitsha is restored to a viable attractive city in the southeast.

Good points by you guys but the only issue with those direct labour is that the rate of construction is slow and this is raining season. My trust issue about unknown companies is due to IDC which Peter and Willie used to mess up many projects during their time.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 5:29pm On May 16, 2023
This Ned Media guy never ceases to impress me. Even after one year of making the video for Soludo to use in developing Anambra, all his recommendations from roads to housing to industrialization strategy are 100% valid and well thought out!

I wish someone could send this video to Prof. Soludo and his team to consider some of the 5-point developmental strategies highlighted in the video.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:10pm On May 16, 2023
University on the Niger Umunya and Shanahan University Onitsha were approved by FEC

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NLegendforte: 7:16pm On May 16, 2023
Ndibunna:

Leave confluence. It is wholly located at umudim Nnewi. No dispute on that.
Thanks.
I wan fear when the guy call the place ozubulu. The place is akammili umudim. Though i am not sure if it extends to ekwusigo.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by madubaymi: 9:33pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174520:
University of the Niger Umunya and Shanahan University Onitsha were approved by FEC

Where did you get the info of the approval these two proposed universities?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:31pm On May 16, 2023
madubaymi:

Where did you get the info of the approval these two proposed universities?

From both official pages

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:54pm On May 17, 2023
Construction of Seaman Rice processing plant, the significance thing about this multi million dollar project is that this plant is been construct in no other place in Nigeria than my own state and in my own village Nnobi in Idemili South L.G.A Anambra State Nigeria. This much i can do to give back to my community. We expect this project to be completed before December 2023.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:54pm On May 17, 2023
ANSMEDIA:
Construction of Seaman Rice processing plant, the significance thing about this multi million dollar project is that this plant is been construct in no other place in Nigeria than my own state and in my own village Nnobi in Idemili South L.G.A Anambra State Nigeria. This much i can do to give back to my community. We expect this project to be completed before December 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kindlyheart: 3:01pm On May 17, 2023
[quote author=ANSMEDIA post=123192418][/quote]

Nice. Simple man seaman with raba raba.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2023
ANSMEDIA:
Nice one, he started the project in 2021 in his home town Nnobi, I never knew they've gone far like this.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kindlyheart: 7:27pm On May 17, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

BTW, where will he source the Rice from... please someone should enlighten me.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 8:25pm On May 17, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Shut it
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 8:36pm On May 17, 2023
kindlyheart:

Niger state and Kebbi state. He can transport with barges through the River Niger

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:47pm On May 17, 2023
kindlyheart:

There are lots of rice farms at Anambra north, there’s Joseph Agro rice farm, Coscharis rice farm in Anambra north is the largest in the east

Below is the Coscharis rice farm and irrigation in Anambra north. Coscharis equally has a state of the art milling plant not too far from the rice farm

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kindlyheart: 5:47am On May 18, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

There are lots of rice farms at Anambra north, there’s Joseph Agro rice farm, Coscharis rice farm in Anambra north is the largest in the east

Below is the Coscharis rice farm and irrigation in Anambra north. Coscharis equally has a state of the art milling plant not too far from the rice farm

Massive.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stanluiz(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2023
What i don't like about soludo is that he doesn't know when, where and how to talk.

He talk just for talking sake. He talks recklessly. He talks just to say relevant.

Before soludo become a governor. Security in Anambra was bad. Criminals held control on local government especially in Anambra South senatorial district.

Soludo comes and restrategise the security apparatus and started hunting down those criminals. Many of those criminals were eliminated and LGA liberated.

When channel TV interview Soludo on October last year about the security in Anambra. Soludo told them that security has improved and 8 LGA and been libreated from the criminals and security agencies are still hunting them down and more need to done.

The people of Anambra thanks and congratulate soludo and tells him to do more.

But my worry is that soludo still repeating these words like " 8 LGA are in captivity when I become a governor "

He says it everytime when ever he is interviewd. He continues to say it everytime.

I don't know what soludo want to achieve with such statements. Does he want to use it to score cheap political scores or just to stay relevant in the media ?

Since soludo has said that security agencies has liberated the 8 LGA which is true. Then why his he still repeating these words" 8 LGA are in criminal captivity when I become a governor " ? I don't like it.

Security agencies are doing well in Anambra.

But Soludo should stops that. Is becoming boring. Let him concentrate on other areas of government.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Jcoleworld911: 3:53pm On May 19, 2023
post=123215459:
Seaman rice mill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOMDig90z0

, directly opposite this factory is his hotel. “Best Eastern hotel Nnobi”

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:02pm On May 19, 2023
Oraifite Ekwusigo Anambra State

Update

https://youtube.com/shorts/zuV0ZuXnz0c?feature=share
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:51pm On May 19, 2023
Great news. Onitsha General Hospital is now officially Federal Medical Center Onitsha (FMC), courtesy of Sen Stella Adaeze Oduah.

Hopefully, combined funding from federal and Anambra state governments will lead to improved quality care for patients.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.