Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2070842 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kossyso: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
When Soludo spent our tax money to purchase coconut and palm seedlings and then proceed to hand them out to selected Anambrarians was the moment it dawned on me that the governor is not a man with foresight. A whole lot of Anambrarians are disappointed with him at the moment. He needs to buckle up or bid goodbye to his second-term ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Workch: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
What's Soludo even doing in Anambra state?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abufo:

Greetings Anambra1tSon........I have always agreed with nearly all your posts concerning Anambra but your attempt to defend the lacklustre performance of Soludo administration is not just disjointed but largely misguided as well! There is no doubt in my mind that Soludo lacks the managerial competence and leadership skills to pilot the affairs of Anambra,His administration has proven to be a "damp squib"......that is a "a wet knock-out firework".....Soludo will never "blow" !

It is time to begin the search for a competent,bold and visionary candidate that will deliver an Anambra of our dream! Soludo does not have the magic and he is surrounded by "theorists and paper tigers like himself.......how many of them can leave their cosy offices and tackle the touts they unleashed on the masses in onisha in the name of revenue generation! abeggg!

just watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTUucOUIhj8
Only if you can recall Obi's first tenure, if not for Ojukwu that asked for his last wish Obi would've lost second tenure, it was second tenure people started seeing his achievements in all sectors, Obi was trying to save money to be able execute projects, Obiano was lucky that Obi left enough money for him, unlike Soludo that inherited empty treasury, we are lucky that we elected a prudent leader by now we would've been among those states that are owing civil servants, pensioners, a year and few months is not enough to condemn Gov Soludo, he need our support to succeed, Anambra should be more dear to us than any politicians. I have no doubt he will perform well.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kossyso: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124064870:

Only if you can recall Obi's first tenure, if not for Ojukwu that asked for his last wish Obi would've lost second tenure, it was second tenure people started seeing his achievements in all sectors, Obi was trying to save money to be able execute projects, Obiano was lucky that Obi left enough money for him, unlike Soludo that inherited empty treasury, we are lucky that we elected a prudent leader by now we would've been among those states that are owing civil servants, pensioners, a year and few months is not enough to condemn Gov Soludo, he need our support to succeed, Anambra should be more dear to us than any politicians. I have no doubt he will perform well.
What's so difficult in doing simple things well? What's so difficult in putting up an efficient sanitation unit? Why not face this agbero menace squarely and stop treating them with kid gloves? These are the issues.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gidgiddy: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abufo:

We Anambrarians continue to underestimate the earning power of the hospitality and tourism industry................see how years of dedicated investment in Tourism and travel has transformed Kenya's capital city Nairobi! yet we have miles of Rivers Niger and Omambala that we can build a resort city for travel and living!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJM92Pgwj_E

I wouldn't advice massive investment in tourism, tourists do not go to insecure countries

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Investment in tourism is good. A lot of such investments are ongoing in Anambra. Every country that have investments in tourism still has some level of insecurity just everywhere in the world aside war torn countries

gidgiddy:

I wouldn't advice massive investment in tourism, tourists do not go to insecure countries

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
gidgiddy:

That clip made me look at more clips of Kenya, Nairobi specifically, and i was damn impressed.....even a bit jealous! angry

So as i was watching the clips, i came across one of Eastleigh. Eastleigh is a place on the outskirts of Nairobi developed by Somalians indigenous to Kenya as well as their Somalian kinsfolk immigrants who relocated from their homeland due to the insecurity in their country. I see similiarities between the Somali and Igbo approach to commerce and industry.....both are highly driven, hardworking and adventurous people.

Watching the clip of Eastleigh, i get Onitsha vibes from it, and i'm sure others watching would too. What you see is exactly how Onitsha could have looked but for that senseless Nzeogwu coup...the subsequent uncivil war....and the change of the structure Nigeria had before '66! Eastleigh is built up and has multi-storied buildings just like Onitsha, but has higher-rise buildings dotted all over the landscape which Onitsha is yet to get. I'd like to hear from some who watched the clip why they think this is so......why Onitsha doesn't have highrises like we see the Somalis have built in Eastleigh.

I noticed also sanitation levels are almost similar between Onitsha and Eastleigh, just that Eastleigh is marginally better and has better roads than Onitsha and no open gutters.

The content creator asked the okada man taking him around if there are any slums in Eastleigh and he replied yes. When you watch the clip, @16.54 the name of the slum was mentioned and its location pointed out. Its name will strike a chord with any Nigerian.....especially Igbo. You may have guessed by now what the name is.

The second clip shows the content creator visit BBS Mall. It was built by a consortium of Somali investors who pooled resources together. This is something i hope our Igbo entrepreneurs and investors can learn from, as we tend to have this penchant for wanting to be the oga kpatakpata...the Chairman and head-huncho of the busines! I just can't stress enough how impressed i was watching the clip, and again i felt this is what Onitsha main market should have evolved into by now. The mall has the traditional highend part with bespoke shopping outlets for popular brands, and also has a lock-up stall section which would have been perfect for traders from Onitsha main market. Its clean, well constructed and massive, and also has soft neutral colours.....which is something Umahi could take on board as he tends to just love a colour riot! I would love to see our indigenous contractors upgrade their finishing to match that of the new BBS mall in Eastleigh!

You know, in a way we could say the Somalis are the 'Ndi-Developers' of Kenya! smiley

Clips courtesy of Afrosam-TV: https://www.youtube.com/@AfrosamTv

Eastleigh, Nairobi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0lPP-sXCFc

BBS mall, Eastleigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7bAN4KlwpA

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Regarding the BBS mall, you see the lock-up shops section from 15.46.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by YourMrBoo: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anambra is denigrating every minutes of the hour.

Ordinary road is a problem...

Abeg nobody should defend nonsense. Peter Obi kicked off with noticeable developments from his first month...

What moves has soludo made!?! Show us update.

During obiano and obi regime we where seeing receipts and mou, almost every week we are getting updates. SMH very pathetic.

Honestly, I am not banking on any giant stride from soludo to ndi Anambra rather the reverse is the case. Anambra gave him a giant stride of governing the state so I am not surprised

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
I have said it here … and I will say it again… Soludo should wake up… this forum is lacking news… obviously because Soludo is not working…
Despite bad names labelled at Obiano he worked so well… news were often in this page … but here nothing… if Soludo knows that only prove of his works will secure his second tenure then he should wake up from slumber. Obiano was good in agriculture, oil and gas, roads bridges, housing, infrastructure.. lighting of roads etc…
Now nothing… All those chanting Soludo is working now is brazen with lies… I supported Soludo and I want him to work.. period.

He should construct bridges..light them up, plant trees and beautify the place .. Obiano tried on it.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Supported ,

Its been long we saw projects in the forum, no projects at all, almost heading to two years.

All we see now is Soludo dis , Soludo that but in the actual sense nothing is moving on in our state, Soludo should wake up !!!!

Armon:
I have said it here … and I will say it again… Soludo should wake up… this forum is lacking news… obviously because Soludo is not working…
Despite bad names labelled at Obiano he worked so well… news were often in this page … but here nothing… if Soludo knows that only prove of his works will secure his second tenure then he should wake up from slumber. Obiano was good in agriculture, oil and gas, roads bridges, housing, infrastructure.. lighting of roads etc…
Now nothing… All those chanting Soludo is working now is brazen with lies… I supported Soludo and I want him to work.. period.

He should construct bridges..light them up, plant trees and beautify the place .. Obiano tried on it.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2023
Indeed, Soludo has been too slow in performance...

He is just playing with his second term ambition (if he has any)

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pkid1: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2023
Workch:
What's Soludo even doing in Anambra state?
Baba If you ask me, na who i go ask. That man is the worst Governor ever. Obiano is far better than that mugu. At least when Obiano was a Governor. We were seeing pictures and videos of ongoin constructions of many projects and complete projects in this thread. But not anymore since the day Soludo became the Governor of the state.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2023
Problemkid, why aren’t you bothered about your backward Enugu state. Ugwuanyi wasted 8yrs with nothing to show but you are worried about Soludo that’s just one year in office. At least we can see project’s ongoing in Anambra that were flagged off

Pkid1:
Baba If you ask me, na who i go ask. That man is the worst Governor ever. Obiano is far better than that mugu. At least when Obiano was a Governor. We were seeing pictures and videos of ongoin constructions of many projects and complete projects in this thread. But not anymore since the day Soludo became the Governor of the state.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pkid1: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
SpaceTour:
Problemkid, why aren’t you bothered about your backward Enugu state. Ugwuanyi wasted 8yrs with nothing to show but you are worried about Soludo that’s just one year in office. At least we can see project’s ongoing in Anambra that were flagged off

This one dey smoke too much illegal egbo grin if you want talk to me, come Nnewi make we talk. Abu nwa Nnewi full blood. I no dey hide am. I no get time for your nonsense this days. You sef know me very well. cheesy I'm always busy this days. Chino show us the ongoing projects Lemme see. No one single project here in Nnewi. Not even half sef.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
Pkid1:

Just one year in office & he's the worst governor ever? How old are you? Drug abuse is bad, stop it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pkid1: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Just one year in office & he's the worst governor ever? How old are you? Drug abuse is bad, stop it.
More than one year in office Mr man. Talk like person wey get sense small biko

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
I bu nwa nsukka but you live in Nnewi where your grand father lived, it doesn’t make you Onye Anambra. So why not show us ugwuanyi projects in his eight wasted years nwa nsukka lol

Pkid1:
This one dey smoke too much illegal egbo if you want talk to me, come Nnewi make we talk. Abu nwa Nnewi full blood. I no dey hide am. I no get time for your nonsense this days. You sef know me very well. I'm always busy this days. Chishow us the ongoing projects Lemme see. No one single project here in Nnewi. Not even half sef.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pkid1: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2023
SpaceTour:
I bu nwa nsukka but you live in Nnewi where your grand father lived, it doesn’t make you Onye Anambra. So why not show us ugwuanyi projects in his eight wasted years nwa nsukka lol

You can wail from now till 100 years grin it won't change the fact that i'm an aAnambra boy. And that i won't criticise my Governor for not doing well. You're an idiot

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Mumu nobody Dey wail, I just needed people here to know that you are just inferior nwa nsukka before they confuse you as an Anambran. That’s just my intention lol

Pkid1:
You can wail from now till 100 years it won't change the fact that i'm an aAnambra boy. And that i won't criticise my Governor for not doing well. You're an idiot
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pkid1: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
SpaceTour:
Mumu nobody Dey wail, I just needed people here to know that you are just inferior nwa nsukka before they confuse you as an Anambran. That’s just my intention lol

Keep decieving yourself the more grin telling them won't change anything cheesy even them know say i be confirm Nnewi blood. I no go hide. You believe or you no believe i don't give a Flying fvck.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hahahaha maybe I will add your pictures to show people that you are just an ordinary nwa nsukka. You know how e dey be, when I will start with you now on your facebook, you will start running around crying

Pkid1:
Keep decieving yourself the more telling them won't change anything :even them know say i be confirm Nnewi blood. I no go hide. You believe or you no believe i don't give a Flying fvck.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Anambra Airport today 28/6/23: always busy

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
Anyone know why Buhari didn’t touch Anambra airport when he was on a renaming spree few days to his exit?

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by moppie123(m): 5:59am On Jun 29, 2023
When I complained about this administration, someone said I was a hater. He even went ahead to say I wasn’t from Anambra state. The truth is that some of us are gathered here because we want the best for our dear state. Nothing has improved since this administration came on board. The few roads being constructed lack some of the basic things modern roads should have. The tout menace has continued unchallenged and nothing has been done about sanitation. This thread was always busy when Obiano was the governor. I always saw updates on road constructions, tourism, community development, wealth creation, education and health. My town even had streetlights running through the major roads. Even during Covid, things were going on.

The truth is that Anambra needs a firm leader, most of the problems in Anambra can simply be solved with having the right laws and policies in place and these things will not break the bank. I expected the governor, as an economist, to come up with solid strategies on how to empower the people and create wealth. I felt so indifferent when I read that palm seedlings were shared to individuals without proper training and structure in place. There has been no innovative ideas on wealth creation, no different approach to capacity building, just the normal talk talk governance with loud mouthed praise singers.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 7:26am On Jun 29, 2023
Another Anambra School, Mater Amabilis Secondary School Umuoji Wins SAGE Competition

The students of Mater Amabilis Secondary School, Umuoji, Anambra State, have once again made their school proud by clinching the prestigious title of champions at the 2023 National Entrepreneurship Exhibition and Awards organized by the Nigerian segment of the Students for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship (SAGE). This remarkable achievement came after fierce competition from 20 top schools across the country. The event, held from 25th to 28th June, 2023, at the Area Council Service Commission House in Garki, Abuja, showcased the innovative ideas and entrepreneurial skills of the participating teams.

Mater Amabilis Secondary School impressed the judges with their outstanding projects, securing the overall First Position. Their projects include a hydro-electric device that converts saltwater into electricity and a multi-purpose agro machine capable of weeding, irrigating, seeding, fumigating, and monitoring soil moisture and nutrient levels. These groundbreaking solutions demonstrate the students' creativity, innovation, and commitment to addressing pressing societal challenges.

The remarkable achievement of Mater Amabilis Secondary School has earned them the opportunity to represent Nigeria at the upcoming SAGE World Cup in Italy later this year. Moreover, the gold-winning students have been granted a 100% scholarship to study at Cyprus International University. The team was led by Mr. Joshua Ekeh who was also recognized as the SAGE Best Mentor of the Year award and Miss Grace Amamudi.

Rev. Fr. Francis Onwuchulum, the Manager of Mater Amabilis Secondary School, Umuoji, extended his heartfelt congratulations to the students for their exceptional performance, considering it another milestone in the school's history of success. He urged the award-winning students to remain focused in their studies and view this triumph as a stepping stone toward even greater accomplishments in life. He lauded the Proprietor of the School, Most Rev. Valerian Maduka Okeke, the Archbishop of Onitsha, whom he described as the brain behind all the achievements the school has recorded in recent times.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by YourMrBoo: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2023
It's quite disheartening and heart wrenching that the only good updates we are getting here or in every other socal media are as a result of the legacies done by the previous governments.

Ike agwuro...

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower102: 8:13am On Jun 29, 2023
I am sorry to say this but I think soludo might be the last governor under APGA. It’s actually sad because regardless of its shortcomings APGA has been a reliable party for Anambra people.

Going forward there is serious talk all over social media that whoever the next Anambra governor will be must have investments in Anambra state.

This idea of having no investment in the state while running for governorship must end.

You cannot tell people to come and invest back home when you the governor have never invested a dime in the state.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kossyso: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2023
Ndi uka na agbani nke ukwuu na Anambra state. Very well organized in all their establishments. If you are not in Onitsha, you will never understand the level of decay in this city of ours.
The only thing we ask of which is to remove agbero from our city, he is failing woefully at it. If you can't do simple things well, how can you handle big projects?
Umunnem, ona adikwam ka anyi abago one chance na ebe Soludo no. Onwerozi ife anyi na aghota! Onwerozi onye obi di mma at all.😞😞

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2023
I'm happy many are speaking out against this slow government

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.