Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2081809 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
UBA Branches in Anambra State Sealed Off by State Authority Following 'Tax Face-off'

Daniel Ezeigwe

Banking and transactional activities are currently grounded at different branches of the United Bank for Africa, UBA, in Anambra State as a task force unit set up by the State Revenue Board, sealed off the banks following task remittance irregularities.

ATMs are also closed down while customers have been stranded and made to re-route to other banks for minimal transactions.

Efforts to reach the bank on the matter have been unsuccessful, while the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the State Revenue Board is currently briefing the ABS correspondent on the issue.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
Columba90:
Biko nye m akara ekwenti gi.

De akara ekwenti nkegi biko.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
Purehuman:

De akara ekwenti nkegi biko.
efu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
Columba90:
efu asato ofu ato abuo itolu ano otu itolu itolu asaa
Okay
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ifeanyi Uba spotted at Stanel-World Awka

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
Our men are facing serious health issues. That stomach as becoming synonymous with being an Igbo man but it's a sign of severe malnutrition and organ failure. Drink beer and eating garri every day for 30,40,50,60 years is cutting a lot of life expectancies short. We have an extremely unbalanced diet and this needs to be address because we're not going anywhere without having out health and nutrition intact. matured igbo men almost always look pregnant these days.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yungchuzy: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
New developing areas at

Nza community , Ozubulu Town ....

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yungchuzy: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
more

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ifechez: 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
So the news of a new SABMiller brewery in Ogun state didn't appear here. How did obiano allow that to happen, was he fighting Obi thinking he was the owner.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:53am On Aug 29, 2018
ifechez:
So the news of a new SABMiller brewery in Ogun state didn't appear here. How did obiano allow that to happen, was he fighting Obi thinking he was the owner.

It had nothing to do with Obiano. Ogun state has a lot of captive power because Obasanjo made sure the natioanl gas infrastructure provided a lot of gas in Ogun state industrial areas which industrialists find very attractive.

That is why the Imo state government should liaise with shell to supply gas to an industrial estate that can be created outside Owerri. Things like that will attract big time industrialists like SABmiller to those states.

Also, the Nestoil gas pipeline should be encouraged by Anambra state government to feed gas to industrial centers in Oba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. Making sure you have cheap ways to generate power through gas are the building blocks for indutrialization.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 2:11am On Aug 29, 2018
Cjrane2:

It had nothing to do with Obiano. Ogun state has a lot of captive power because Obasanjo made sure the natioanl gas infrastructure provided a lot of gas in Ogun state industrial areas which industrialists find very attractive.

That is why the Imo state government should liaise with shell to supply gas to an industrial estate that can be created outside Owerri. Things like that will attract big time industrialists like SABmiller to those states.

Also, the Nestoil gas pipeline should be encouraged by Anambra state government to feed gas to industrial centers in Oba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. Making sure you have cheap ways to generate power through gas are the building blocks for indutrialization.

I have little patience for govt's and governors in the south east who're just full of hot air and empty promises!

I remember when Obiano was out campaigning for his first term, one of the pillars of his economic blueprint for the state was oyel and gas. Now can anyone tell me what has been put in place or is in the process of being put in place....and this is his 5th year as governor! Instead all we see in clearing of gutter and shanties and his otimpkus will not let us hear word with repeated shouts of 'Willie is working'!

See what procrastination and dilly-dallying has caused; a factory which should have been sited in Anambra as part of SABmillers expansion strategy has been taken to Ogun which already has more than enough FDIs owing to 'one Nigeria' and how successive gov'ts have favoured Lagos and Ogun over and above other states and regions! When i say this evil contraption is holding us back, this is exactly what i mean! When OBJ was linking industrial estates in Ogun with gas why didn't he think of doing same to Aba and Onitsha which are nearer to the gas fields than Agbara is?

Besides 'one Nigeria', our useless and visionless elite in the east is also a major problem we face. PDP was in power for 16 years, and i'm made to understand Igbos were close to the corridors of power then unlike is presently the case. Now why didn't they cause our industrial cities in the east to be equally linked up with gas like was done with Agbara in Ogun...and if the problem was a bigoted and overbearing OBJ, then why wasn't anything done when GEJ was in power for up to 6 years? This is why when i see efulefu Igbo politicians rushing to join APC with the 'excuse' that they want Igbos to be at the centre as well where the decisions are made, i just laugh....what the fuc/k did they achieve when they were close to power for 16 years in PDP, or is it now we have the worst kind of vindictive, Igbo-hating bigot in Aso Rock that they expect to get something? Abeg, no make me laugh!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2018
Please how true is this

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2018
Xander85:

I have little patience for govt's and governors in the south east who're just full of hot air and empty promises!

I remember when Obiano was out campaigning for his first term, one of the pillars of his economic blueprint for the state was oyel and gas. Now can anyone tell me what has been put in place or is in the process of being put in place....and this is his 5th year as governor! Instead all we see in clearing of gutter and shanties and his otimpkus will not let us hear word with repeated shouts of 'Willie is working'!

See what procrastination and dilly-dallying has caused; a factory which should have been sited in Anambra as part of SABmillers expansion strategy has been taken to Ogun which already has more than enough FDIs owing to 'one Nigeria' and how successive gov'ts have favoured Lagos and Ogun over and above other states and regions! When i say this evil contraption is holding us back, this is exactly what i mean! When OBJ was linking industrial estates in Ogun with gas why didn't he think of doing same to Aba and Onitsha which are nearer to the gas fields than Agbara is?

Besides 'one Nigeria', our useless and visionless elite in the east is also a major problem we face. PDP was in power for 16 years, and i'm made to understand Igbos were close to the corridors of power then unlike is presently the case. Now why didn't they cause our industrial cities in the east to be equally linked up with gas like was done with Agbara in Ogun...and if the problem was a bigoted and overbearing OBJ, then why wasn't anything done when GEJ was in power for up to 6 years? This is why when i see efulefu Igbo politicians rushing to join APC with the 'excuse' that they want Igbos to be at the centre as well where the decisions are made, i just laugh....what the fuc/k did they achieve when they were close to power for 16 years in PDP, or is it now we have the worst kind of vindictive, Igbo-hating bigot in Aso Rock that they expect to get something? Abeg, no make me laugh!
anambra igr will soon go down because of this company leaving the state
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2018
I dont think SABMiller is being relocated to Ogun State, majority stake was bought by International Breweries PLC so they want a share of Lagos market using Hero and Budweiser as the flagship products. Onitsha SABMiller does not require more expansion because the last one gulped almost $100million.

Imagine taking SABMiller out of Anambra State, that means Premier and Life Breweries will hammer.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2018
AnambraDota:
I dont think SABMiller is being relocated to Ogun State, majority stake was bought by International Breweries PLC so they want a share of Lagos market using Hero and Budweiser as the flagship products. Onitsha SABMiller does not require more expansion because the last one gulped almost $100million.

Imagine taking SABMiller out of Anambra State, that means Premier and Life Breweries will hammer.

SABMiller owns Pabod Breweries in Port Harcourt and International Breweries in Sango-Otta. They typically offer different brands for regional markets rather than national ones.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:52am On Aug 29, 2018
Sabmiller has been acquired by AbinBev which is the largest beverage producer in the world. Abinbev has presence in Nigerian following cities: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Ogun and I think it has subsidiary somewhere else in Nigeria.

Abinbev is a multinational company with presence all over the world.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/taranurin/2016/10/10/its-final-ab-inbev-closes-on-deal-to-buy-sabmiller/amp/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2018
We should be talking of attracting truly beneficial companies like Nestoil power plant to anambra and not expansion of sabmiller that are daily ruining the health of anambra men with alcohol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IgboAmakaa(f): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2018
NonsoWow:
We should be talking of attracting truly beneficial companies like Nestoil power plant to anambra and not expansion of sabmiller that are daily ruining the health of anambra men with alcohol.

i love this ur comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
Anita Mary Charles, Loretto Adazi- Nnukwu Student who won 1st Position in the just concluded MAN Mathematics Examination Senior Secondary Cathegory, in Anambra State enroute National Mathematical Center Abuja to represent the state at the National Level along side the Students from Tansi International college (2nd Position) and Marist College Nteje (3rd Position). Hoping for a good outing as we expect d result. IT'S ALL ABOUT MISSION SCHOOLS.... Thank God! safe flight!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
NonsoWow:

Nice One I think government should place embargo on liquor manufacturing in Anambra State.
We need more steel, aluminum, pharmaceutical and food processing firms that more booze factories.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Cjrane2:

Breaking..

Nestoil blames delay of OB3 pipeline on weather
By Tayo Oredola
29 August 2018 | 4:11 am
The delay in completion of the Obiafu, Obrikom, Oben (OB3) gas pipeline has been attributed to bad weather owing to flooding from continual rainfalls in areas of operation.

According to the Executive Director of Nestoil Group, Chukwueloka Umeh, the parts of the project the company is working on are the swampy areas starting from Omoku, Rivers State to Delta State, hence their sites goes under water during the raining season.

He said from the time the project was signed in 2012 till date, the rainfall pattern had changed so much and a lot of flooding had happened around the pipeline at the river section.

The Nestoil boss noted that as forecast by the Meteorological Association of Nigeria that rainfall would increase by 10 per cent this year, the River Niger banks were already overflowing, thereby causing most of their equipment to sink under water.

Umeh who commended Oilserv, one of the contractors handling the project for a great job in finishing their own scope, stated that unlike them that had to work mostly on land, Nestoil’s scope was in the swamp area were they have several months in a year when effective work takes place.

He advanced that although the project is about 87 per cent completed, the remaining task goes beyond just wielding, dropping and burying pipelines. “However, a pipeline with that size (48 inches diameter) can’t be handled in water while work is ongoing under water, as safety must be considered,” he added.

“Currently we are suppose to do horizontal directional drilling (HDD) to cross the pipeline under the river Niger, which is about two kilometers, it’s never been done in this part of the world for the size of that pipeline, but as I speak the HDD equipments has been covered with water, so we helpless,” he explained.

On cost he said they have been some variations due to the state of the economy, and therefore which had to be accommodated for contractors, and were recently approved.

Umeh, who disclosed that the project should be ready between the first and second quarters of 2019, also cited militancy and community issues as other hindrances to the projects.

The project he explained is not that straight forward as people perceive, but their client (Nigerian Gas Processing and Transportation Company (NGPTC), the Vice President’s office, the Senate and the House of Representatives have all visited the site and have appreciated their work terrain.

“If we were a foreign company, we would have stopped all operations in raining seasons, but we know the importance of those pipelines to government,” Umeh remarked.

The 48-inch diameter and 67-kilometre long gas pipeline is the largest gas pipeline in Nigeria and it’s expected to boost domestic gas supply by two billion standard cubic feet per day (bscf/d) when it begins operation.

https://t.guardian.ng/energy/nestoil-blames-delay-of-ob3-pipeline-on-weather/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
Century Power is building a modular power plant in Okija, Anambra State. The company plans to commence with a 465 megawatts (MW) module that would be scaled up ultimately to 2,000mw. A number of companies are already lining up to be hooked up to the power plant. In addition to building the power plant, the company also plans to build a 65 kilometers power pipeline that would be probably the first and only gas pipeline into the eastern part of Nigeria. The pipeline, which the company said would cost about $200 million, is going to be built from the OB3 pipeline, which is east to West in the Delta. The company said it would tap gas from that pipeline to Okija.
The company said the pipeline would support the power plant and would also supply gas that would be piped into the eastern region. “Imagine all the industries in the eastern part of the country that has no gas. Suddenly that opens up the opportunity for them to be more efficient by using gas instead of the generators and other methods of power supply that they get,” said Mr. Simeon Tor-Agbidye, Assistant General Manager, Group Business Development, Nestoil Limited.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/obijackson-driving-growth-technology-innovation/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
Is there an official statement on the moving of SAB miller to Ogun? I can see accessing the 'lagos market' but Hero has been so heavily branded as an 'Igbo beer', I don't know how that will work unless from diasporans in the SW. It even has a Biafran sun on it lol.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Is there an official statement on the moving of SAB miller to Ogun? I can see accessing the 'lagos market' but Hero has been so heavily branded as an 'Igbo beer', I don't know how that will work unless from diasporans in the SW. It even has a Biafran sun on it lol.

No relocating, they only opened another Mill in Ogun to have access to the huge market in Lagos and other West African countries.
A win-win for us everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yyeske:
No relocating, they only opened another Mill in Ogun to have access to the huge market in Lagos and other West African countries.
A win-win for us everywhere

great, saw the drama online and thought I would ask

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I wonder why mixture of cement and gravel will not be placed on the road before covering it with bitumen? They just cover clay with bitumen in Anambra and expect the road to last beyond 2 years.
I have also said this several times

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
investnow2013:
Update on Afor ADAZI-NNUKWU road and drainage project by the Anambra state govt.
Is that house going to be demolished,? Why do people build so close to the road
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
investnow2013:
Image: DMGS Onitsha Round About.
Client: Anambra State Government
Architect: Arc. Michael M. Okonkwo (Hon. Comm. for Environment)
Const. Co: LuckJam Ltd.
Photo credit: Tommy Okechukwu Ifejika
Now this is it. The city beautification should not end on the federal express alone. Interior onitsha needs it too
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2018
This Okija IPP that we only read on the pages of newspapers and blogs.

TundeBricklayer:
Century Power is building a modular power plant in Okija, Anambra State. The company plans to commence with a 465 megawatts (MW) module that would be scaled up ultimately to 2,000mw. A number of companies are already lining up to be hooked up to the power plant. In addition to building the power plant, the company also plans to build a 65 kilometers power pipeline that would be probably the first and only gas pipeline into the eastern part of Nigeria. The pipeline, which the company said would cost about $200 million, is going to be built from the OB3 pipeline, which is east to West in the Delta. The company said it would tap gas from that pipeline to Okija.
The company said the pipeline would support the power plant and would also supply gas that would be piped into the eastern region. “Imagine all the industries in the eastern part of the country that has no gas. Suddenly that opens up the opportunity for them to be more efficient by using gas instead of the generators and other methods of power supply that they get,” said Mr. Simeon Tor-Agbidye, Assistant General Manager, Group Business Development, Nestoil Limited.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/obijackson-driving-growth-technology-innovation/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2018
AnambraDota:

I guess what is still holding them is OB3 pipeline, I'm very optimistic of the project, I know nestoil is focused and serious on the project, he know how the project is important to his state and town, OB3 gas pipeline is being handled by nestoil and Oilserv, Oilserv is through in their own section, I believe soon the projects will be completed.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2018
AnambraDota:

https://www.senatoroba.org/2018/03/04/senate-committee-on-gasin-rivers-and-delta-statesfor-a-two-days-oversight-visit/
Senate Committee on Gas,in Rivers and Delta states,for a two-days oversight on the implementation of the Gas infrastructure Budget by NNPC on the OB3 Gas project constructed by Nestoil and Oilserv Ltd.

To also inspect the 130 KM 48” pipeline with several Horizontal Drilling across major rivers and roads like the River Niger at Omoku and Ndoni Rivers state. This project when completed by July this year will contribute over 1billion standard cubic feet of Gas to our domestic market to enhance industrialization and power. Sen OBA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1319) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.