Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2063476 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2018
mktinsight:

I have to say that blue building is a white elephant that is ugly and non functional. Dr. Maduka would have done more for his people by funding schools with books, equipment and basic hospitals with drugs, staff not building a skyscraper in a village.
Why this ill informed comment? Dr. Godwin Maduka is building a complete new modern city which includes roads,Primary & secondary schools, Hospital,World class research centre cum university, Pharmaceutical industry,Hotel & leisure centre,Petrol station/ Supermarket,High & Magistrates courts, Police stations and mopol Headquarters, roads etc. Thousands of UMUCHUKWU indigenes are on scholarship programmes in different schools in Nigeria and abroad!. Some are on vocational trainings. Soft loans are given to many others to establish their different businesses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2018
ONITSHA CITY BLOG

50 Days without Okada in Onitsha
Francis Asika

#OnitshaBeyondOkada

On the 1st of July 2018, the Anambra State government banned the commonest mode of transport in Onitsha City.

50 days later, the Onitsha City Post Team observed the following changes in the city:

1. 1. Less Crime

Onitsha has always been stereotyped as one of the crime capitals of Nigeria. Crimes such as phone snatching and other petty theft are normally done with the aid of motorcycles. Bigger crimes like burglary, bank robbery, hypnotic dupery and even assassination need swift modes of transportation. In less than two months of the ban of commercial motorcycles, Onitsha has recorded one of the lowest moments of criminal activities since its urban history. Tout activities – including those of the land tax touts A.K.A Ndi Oluani – has also reduced.

2. 2. New but rare occasions of One chance
Crime is inarguably an intricate part of every society. The criminals have devised a new means of robbery. This time, they may pretend to be keke drivers and lift their potential victims – unsuspecting passengers. They may then drive to an unknown destination or rob the passengers on the spot. This crime is very rare though but the Anambra State government is taking precautionary measures to stop such crimes. The measures taken include banning the use of tarpaulin blinds in keke.

3. 3. Less noisy city
If there should be one thing synonymous to Onitsha, it should noise. Onitsha has been known over the years as a less serene city. But in these few weeks, the city has been in her calmest in decades. The normal noisy and collective okada zoom and hooting horns gave the city a mad ambiance – they contributed to over 50% (citation needed) of the city’s noise source. The ban in Okada also reduced the vocal noise from the riders and passengers.

4. Inaccessibility to certain areas
Over time, there have been areas not too close to major keke and bus routes and has only been accessible with the use of Okada. With the ban of Okada, it is now difficult to access these areas unless with an expensively chartered keke.

5. 5. Bicycle culture on the increase
The world has been in a fight against the emission of Carbon (IV) Oxide with international organizations encouraging the use of non-polluting modes of transportation. With the ban of the “most efficient” modes of transportation in the city, many Onitsha residents have sought to alternative modes including bicycles. This would help in creating a green environment in Onitsha.

6. 6. Limited number of transport modes
Okada was the most common mode of transportation in Onitsha city and hyperbole has it that there were more commercial motorcycles than there are people in Onitsha. With the ban on Okada, the fewer tricycles are limited to transporting the residents there by causing a scarcity in public vehicles, subsequently inconveniencing the residents of the metropolis.

7. 7. Less occasions of accidents
A great percentage of road accidents in the city involved motorcycles. Their recklessness cannot be over emphasized. It was a common daily phenomenon to have a kid knocked down by motorcycles who do not respect the pedestrian’s right to the road as they would want to go through every little space. Today, people can walk or cycle freely on the road without the fear of motorcycles coming from behind.

8. 8. Compulsory exercising
Walking is the most common type of exercise. Since there are limited pliable routes – major roads – residents are now forced to walk from their streets to the major roads before they can get tricycles and buses. This has helped in a good way to check the health of residents and create a healthier environment.

9. 9. Time consciousness
The uncertainty of having to get a tricycle or bus and having it reach your destination at required time (due to the “pick-and-drop” as opposed to the “okada one-way”) has created a sense of discipline in the residents. The residents have now learnt to be time conscious, knowing the length of time they’ll spend on the road.

10. Increased unemployment
With the ban on Okada, over 100,000 jobs were lost in one day. Apart from being the commonest means of transportation, motorcycle riding was one of the, if not, the commonest business in the city. Apart from the riders, other businesses were affected including spare parts dealers and motorcycle mechanics and technicians.
11. Decongested roads
The swarm of motorcycles that flooded the roads of Onitsha helped in making the city a mad city as they caused heavy traffic. The ban on okada has brought about a relatively free flowing road network in the city.

12. Demographical change
Onitsha is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. With the ban in Okada and subsequent rise in unemployment, many okada riders and their families have migrated from the city for cities where motorcycles still ply or to seek alternative opportunities elsewhere. This has in a way helped to check the problem of overpopulation in the city.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2018
mktinsight:

I have to say that blue building is a white elephant that is ugly and non functional. Dr. Maduka would have done more for his people by funding schools with books, equipment and basic hospitals with drugs, staff not building a skyscraper in a village.

This assertion of yours is bang out of order!

It's rude to criticise an individuals charitable effort no matter what you may think of it! Surely your parents must have taught you as a child not to disrespect a person by looking down on their gift? sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yungchuzy: 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
omadeltason:
the problem I have with Nnewi is low night life and street light obiano should do something in Nnewi too as he did in Onitsha and Awka.

I stay at Nnewi , There are street lights everywhere now even up to Ozubulu .... night life has started coming up . the only problem is bad roads especially Old Owerri road ... I know its a federal road but obiano has to do something about it ...

I am so happy at rate of urbanisation in Anambra ... When I went to my Village , Ebenator community in Nibo , Awka south ... I couldn't believe the kind of mansions I saw there ... Its like they are competing each other in building of Classical residential houses.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
Yungchuzy:

I stay at Nnewi , There are street lights everywhere now even up to Ozubulu .... night life has started coming up . the only problem is bad roads especially Old Owerri road ... I know its a federal road but obiano has to do something about it ...

I am so happy at rate of urbanisation in Anambra ... When I went to my Village , Ebenator community in Nibo , Awka south ... I couldn't believe the kind of mansions I saw there ... Its like they are competing each other in building of Classical residential houses.

Eziokwu, mbaukwu, nibo, nise in awka South all the way to ugwuoba in enugu is fast changing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
Yungchuzy:

That mansion looks good enough to eat! shocked You have any more pics of mansions in the village like this one?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yungchuzy: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Xander85:

That mansion looks good enough to eat! shocked You have any more pics of mansions in the village like this one?

No I was in a hurry when I visited ... so I took only this one ... moreover they are many that is more beautiful than this but They are all fenced .....

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by aworatak: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
investnow2013:
TO THIS- Although minor work continues at the back of the building!This structure is very similar to the America's Supreme Court. It was built by Dr Godwin Maduka ( LION OF AFRICA ) for Anambra State Judiciary.

The building is to serve as the High Court of Umuchukwu in Orumba South LGA of Anambra State, the home town of the Lion of Africa.

What else would the Anambra born LION OF AFRICA who is the the number one Black physician in Las Vegas do to please the people he loves?

OGILISI IGBO.
I don't like this new look. I prefer the old look. You can hardly tell if this edifice is a court going by the new look.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
hammer6F:
See wat one person built in under a year alone.

If they come together, we can have this type of builing littered in Onitsha as office block.
This building should have been better off in onitsha than in the village. Anambra should reduce their "my village" mentality. Haphazardly building up the villages will create disorder. Cities should expand towards virgin land acquired by the government and planned from scratch
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

This building should have been better off in onitsha than in the village. Anambra should reduce their "my village" mentality. Haphazardly building up the villages will create disorder. Cities should expand towards virgin land acquired by the government and planned from scratch

Na lie, the building is better in his home town.

Charity begins at home.

The problem igbo are facing today is miseducation.

So becos I start a business in my village, means I cannot expand elsewhere or even build a headoffice in Onitsha?

This your mentality is y Igbo will lose all their investment in Lagos, Kano and Abuja one day.

It will happen becos, u people have refused to learn.

Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha in our own igbo land) was a lesson igbo refuse to learn from.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
How many have your people built in your backward enugu state?

Anambra is developing state-wide. So take your advise to your Enugu state that development is limited in just enugu town.

Ogbuefi2020:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
Don't mind the clown. That's why it is unthinkable for someone to live in Nkanu or Ugwuaji and work in enugu urban because there is zero development in roads and decent accomodation just one kilometre from the state capital.

In Anambra you can live in Agueleri and work in Onitsha and also live in Nanka/Umuchukwu and work in Awka, this is made possible because every part of the state has seen access roads, electricity and decent houses. That is why you cannot see slum anywhere in Anambra because there's decent development everywhere while our major cities develop progressively.

hammer6F:

Charity begins at home.

So becos I start a business in my village, means I cannot expand elsewhere or even build a headoffice in Onitsha?

This your mentality is y Igbo will lose all their investment in Lagos and Abuja one day. It will happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Don't mind the clown. That's why it is unthinkable for someone to live in Nkanu or Ugwuaji and work in enugu urban because there is zero development in roads and decent accomodation, just one kilometre from the state capital.

In Anambra you can live in Agueleri and work in Onitsha and also live in Nanka/Umuchukwu and work in Awka, this is made possible because every part of the state has seen access roads, electricity and decent houses.

This is progress.

It will slowdown the rate of slump development in the City and allow for decent housing construction as presently on going in Awka.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
These are pictures I took just last month I went for a wedding at Ukpo, a faraway hinterland community. You can see that residents here have roads and electricity, the same thing anyone in the city enjoys. Even streetlights lining the rural roads. Something you can hardly find in rural areas of other states. That is Anambra for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
BeijinDossier:
These are pictures I took just last month I went for a wedding at Ukpo a far hinterland community, You can see that residents here have roads and electricity, the same thing anyone in the city enjoys. Even streetlights lining the rural roads. Something you can hardly find in rural areas of other states. That is Anambra for you.
You always tell lies here like it's nothing.

Your first and third pix is from Osumenyi but you're tagging it ukpo . where is your Anambra state airport that you're attacking everyone saying the project na scam?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
I.diot were you the one that took the pictures for me? Dumb clown

TabletMan:
You always tell lies here like it's nothing.

Your first and third pix is from Osumenyi but you're tagging it ukpo .

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
hammer6F:

Charity begins at home.

This your mentality is y Igbo will lose all their investment in Lagos, Kano and Abuja one day.

It will happen becos, u people have refused to learn.

Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha in our own igbo land) was a lesson igbo refuse to learn from.

GBAM!
Thank you very much for this post!

If everyone brush off that crazy mentality that they cannot start a business in their hometown, we will be better-off. Although some businesses might do better in city center than suburb of hometowns, That crazy city-mindset for EVERY Business needs to change. I have seen those from Oba that bought land in Obosi just to set up a poultry farm? Yet they could have set it up in their massive and in Oba and supplied the same market.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
BeijinDossier:
How many have your people built in your backward enugu state?

Anambra is developing state-wide. So take your advise to your Enugu state that development is limited in just enugu town.

Must your comments carry insults?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 1:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Anambra overdue for FG’s 13 percent derivation as oil producing state – Hostcom

A group, Host Communities of Nigeria (oil and gas producing communities), Hostcom has called for explanation over the whereabouts of the crude oil drilled from the recently discovered wells in Anambra State, saying that the state was overdue for the 13 per cent derivative from the federation account.

The group, while briefing journalists at the weekend, lamented the federal government’s stand that Anambra cannot benefit from the 13 per cent derivation as an oil producing state, because its oil was not in commercial quantity yet.

National chairman of Hostcom, Dr Mike Emuh, while briefing journalists in Awka after a meeting of the Anambra chapter of the group, said the reason for refusal to pay Anambra state its 13 per cent derivation was no longer acceptable.

“If they say the oil in Anambra is not in commercial quantity, then they should tell us what has been happening to the quantity drilled from Anambra. Even if it is one drum, we demand to know where it goes. Have they allocated Anambra oil wells to some powerful individuals? If at all oil is being drilled from Anambra, what happens to the money they sell from it? I tell you, Anambra is long overdue for 13 per cent derivative paid to all oil producing states. Even Lagos where oil was discovered just the other day is now enjoying 13 per cent derivative, so why shouldn’t Anambra?”

Emuh wondered why the federal government would dismiss Anambra’s demand for payment on the basis that the oil was in small quantity, yet foreign oil companies have rained stationed in the area, drilling its oil for years. He described the discovery of gas in Anambra as a blessing to the state, saying that while oil was fast depleting in quantity in Nigeria and the price shrinking, gas has remained high in price.

“Oil is going, and gas is coming. Gas is now the major frontier of oil business, and with the discovery of gas in Anambra, it is supposed to be a major boom for the state.”

The national president said Hostcom comprised of all host communities of fields where oil and gas have been discovered, and that its aim was to promote peace in their individual areas and engender peaceful and harmonious living between expatriates working in the oil fields and their host communities. He further tasked the federal government to consider siting one out of the 10 modular refineries proposed to be built in the country in Anambra State.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/19/anambra-overdue-fgs-13-percent-derivation-oil-producing-state-hostcom/

I hope you guys can see the wickedness being visited on Ndigbo that i've been harping on about?

Oil is being exploited in Anambra and is being sold, with the federal gov't obviously taking its cut if not they would have shut down operations. Now when Anambra demands for its 13%, the federal gov't that has benefited from this exploitation will turn around and say Anambra is getting nothing as the volume is not in 'commercial quantity'! You see how they use useless grammar and tricks to deny Ndigbo their due? And our useless elite are keeping quiet about it, while some are falling over themselves as they rush to go join APC...the very same group of vipers that are cheating and hating on them!

Lagos got their own 13% easy...without even breaking a sweat, but with a Igbo state suddenly the rules will change! If the volume is not of commercial quantity as they claim, then why doesn't the wicked Buhari gov't leave everything for Anambra to exploit and sell on their own?

I so hate this country, and i doubt this sentiment would change anytime soon! It's political-economy is set up to favour a few (mainly two groups) while cheating and marginalising Ndigbo!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Banmeallday: 3:32am On Aug 20, 2018
^^^^ Word

There is need for freedom in all things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDX93IX_95s

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2018
Shut up this useless Imolite

nnamdijonathan:

Must your comments carry insults?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2018
investnow2013:

ONITSHA CITY BLOG

Francis Asika

#OnitshaBeyondOkada

On the 1st of July 2018, the Anambra State government banned the commonest mode of transport in Onitsha City.

50 days later, the Onitsha City Post Team observed the following changes in the city:

1. 1. Less Crime

Onitsha has always been stereotyped as one of the crime capitals of Nigeria. Crimes such as phone snatching and other petty theft are normally done with the aid of motorcycles. Bigger crimes like burglary, bank robbery, hypnotic dupery and even assassination need swift modes of transportation. In less than two months of the ban of commercial motorcycles, Onitsha has recorded one of the lowest moments of criminal activities since its urban history. Tout activities – including those of the land tax touts A.K.A Ndi Oluani – has also reduced.

Crime is inarguably an intricate part of every society. The criminals have devised a new means of robbery. This time, they may pretend to be keke drivers and lift their potential victims – unsuspecting passengers. They may then drive to an unknown destination or rob the passengers on the spot. This crime is very rare though but the Anambra State government is taking precautionary measures to stop such crimes. The measures taken include banning the use of tarpaulin blinds in keke.

3. 3. Less noisy city
If there should be one thing synonymous to Onitsha, it should noise. Onitsha has been known over the years as a less serene city. But in these few weeks, the city has been in her calmest in decades. The normal noisy and collective okada zoom and hooting horns gave the city a mad ambiance – they contributed to over 50% (citation needed) of the city’s noise source. The ban in Okada also reduced the vocal noise from the riders and passengers.

Over time, there have been areas not too close to major keke and bus routes and has only been accessible with the use of Okada. With the ban of Okada, it is now difficult to access these areas unless with an expensively chartered keke.

The world has been in a fight against the emission of Carbon (IV) Oxide with international organizations encouraging the use of non-polluting modes of transportation. With the ban of the “most efficient” modes of transportation in the city, many Onitsha residents have sought to alternative modes including bicycles. This would help in creating a green environment in Onitsha.

Okada was the most common mode of transportation in Onitsha city and hyperbole has it that there were more commercial motorcycles than there are people in Onitsha. With the ban on Okada, the fewer tricycles are limited to transporting the residents there by causing a scarcity in public vehicles, subsequently inconveniencing the residents of the metropolis.

A great percentage of road accidents in the city involved motorcycles. Their recklessness cannot be over emphasized. It was a common daily phenomenon to have a kid knocked down by motorcycles who do not respect the pedestrian’s right to the road as they would want to go through every little space. Today, people can walk or cycle freely on the road without the fear of motorcycles coming from behind.

Walking is the most common type of exercise. Since there are limited pliable routes – major roads – residents are now forced to walk from their streets to the major roads before they can get tricycles and buses. This has helped in a good way to check the health of residents and create a healthier environment.

9. 9. Time consciousness
The uncertainty of having to get a tricycle or bus and having it reach your destination at required time (due to the “pick-and-drop” as opposed to the “okada one-way”) has created a sense of discipline in the residents. The residents have now learnt to be time conscious, knowing the length of time they’ll spend on the road.

With the ban on Okada, over 100,000 jobs were lost in one day. Apart from being the commonest means of transportation, motorcycle riding was one of the, if not, the commonest business in the city. Apart from the riders, other businesses were affected including spare parts dealers and motorcycle mechanics and technicians.
11. Decongested roads
The swarm of motorcycles that flooded the roads of Onitsha helped in making the city a mad city as they caused heavy traffic. The ban on okada has brought about a relatively free flowing road network in the city.

12. Demographical change
Onitsha is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. With the ban in Okada and subsequent rise in unemployment, many okada riders and their families have migrated from the city for cities where motorcycles still ply or to seek alternative opportunities elsewhere. This has in a way helped to check the problem of overpopulation in the city.

You are 101% correct on this, perfect observation.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:55am On Aug 20, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

Ndi Anambra don't reason that way, we believe no part of the state is above or below any other and that is why we take everybody along.
I earlier saw a post about Nibo my ancestral home and was proud, that's how we roll, everybody MUST be pulled along.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mfykL12bc

Gold Winning Technovation World Pitch Girls Arrive Nigeria
20 AUGUST 2018

The victorious Nigerian Team that won Gold at the 2018 Technovation World Pitch in California, U.S.A (Junior category) arrived Lagos tonight aboard a KLM flight.
The wining team, all resident in Anambra State and made up of students of Regina Pacis Model Secondary School, Onitsha had won with their app which will help detect fake drugs.

Speaking exclusively to Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS), the team comprising Rev. Fr. Vincent Ezeaka, the principal, Regina Pacis Model Secondary school, Onitsha, Uchenna Onwuamaegbu Ugwu (Team Leader, Coach, Mentor and Founder of edufuntechnik.com), Adaeze Onuigbo (15), Vivan Okoye (14), Promise Nnalue (14), Nwabuaku Ossai (14), Jessica Osita (14) and Miracle Igboke (16) said they will be traveling back to Anambra State immediately to celebrate with their families.

They thanked Nigerians for celebrating them over their win, especially His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State for his moral and financial support to the team.

The team said they were not downcast that there were no fun-fair or federal government delegation to receive them at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos and said that “If people did not come to receive us, we will cheer ourselves up. At least we have made Nigerians happy. If Nigerians want to appreciate the team in any way, they are welcome”

http://www.absradiotv.com/12507-gold-winning-technovation-world-pitch-girls-arrive-lagos#.W3pOLQmQUQc.facebook

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2018
Yyeske:
Ndi Anambra don't reason that way, we believe no part of the state is above or below any other and that is why we take everybody along.
I earlier saw a post about Nibo my ancestral home and was proud, that's how we roll, everybody MUST be pulled along.

Its nice that he is developing his town but let's be real what's the population of UMUCHUKWU? Less than 50,000. Dr. Maduka lives in the US. There are no skyscrapers in any town in America with less than 500,000 population.

Right now UMUCHUKWU is a rural hamlet that needs good schools, roads, hospitals and water. Not a skyscraper.

I subscribe to substance not style.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2018
investnow2013:

ONITSHA CITY BLOG

Francis Asika

#OnitshaBeyondOkada

1. 1. Less Crime

3. 3. Less noisy city

9. 9. Time consciousness

11. Decongested roads

12. Demographical change

Okada negatives outweigh it's positives. The ANSG should transition to planned public transport using high capacity shuttle buses with boarding lanes and wide entry doors.

The government should go find researchers who can read maps, survey traffic and design transport routes and schedules for Onitsha and Awka. Then put Innoson 30-50 seater buses that run those routes according to time of the day and stop at points where people can wait, board and get to their destination. We are in 2018 not 1918. Cities round the world are planning self driving cars and we are still in the era of keke and okada and rickety buses.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fatherofdragons: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2018
mktinsight:

Its nice that he is developing his town but let's be real what's the population of UMUCHUKWU? Less than 50,000. Dr. Maduka lives in the US. There are no skyscrapers in any town in America with less than 500,000 population.

Right now UMUCHUKWU is a rural hamlet that needs good schools, roads, hospitals and water. Not a skyscraper.

sometimes I wonder what the F is wrong people this days.

The man went out of his way to build things for his community, and u are here bashing his efforts, saying what he should have built and what he shouldn't have.

Are u from umuchukwu? how do u know what they need and what they don't need?

Did umuchukwu people complain of not having hospitals, water etc?

Tell me how many people can do what this man did?

most prominent rich igbos all have their investments outside their homeland but this man took it upon himself to build these things in his village and u are here complaining behind ur phone or laptop.

Biko be happy for the things he did, the man is a good man, we need more people like him with the same mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

The man went out of his way to build things for his community, and u are here bashing his efforts, saying what he should have built and what he shouldn't have.

most prominent rich igbos all have their investments outside their homeland but this man took it upon himself to build these things in his village and u are here complaining behind ur phone or laptop.

Biko be happy for the things he did, the man is a good man, we need more people like him with the same mindset.
I tire for some people sef, nice response

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2018
Leisure Park and beautification is charged with planting of more trees and grassing all over Anambra. It is a new institution established by the government of Anambra State with their head office in Awka.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2018
mktinsight:

The govt gave him land in Awka to build another skyscraper for office use.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2018
mktinsight:

Okada negatives outweigh it's positives. The ANSG should transition to planned public transport using high capacity shuttle buses with boarding lanes and wide entry doors.

The government should go find researchers who can read maps, survey traffic and design transport routes and schedules for Onitsha and Awka. Then put Innoson 30-50 seater buses that run those routes according to time of the day and stop at points where people can wait, board and get to their destination. We are in 2018 not 1918. Cities round the world are planning self driving cars and we are still in the era of keke and okada and rickety buses.

NONE of the SE states allow Okada in their major cities!

Even Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom where Okada used to be the only means of transport banned that primitive method of public transportation in Abakaliki and Uyo several years ago before Anamabra did.

Those people asking for Okada to return to Anambra are merely dreaming. Anambra is moving forward into the future and not retrogressing backwards. I only regret that Peter Obi and Ngige didn't have the political will to ban Okada when other states in the cuntry did. So it created an anomalous situation where it appeared Anambra was the ONLY state where okada was okay and it was not in Asaba or any other Southern state INCLUDING LAGOS!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

So because he built a skyscraper in the village I should clap for him? I will call it what anyone with COMMON SENSE will call it which is RIDICULOUS. Its not only RIDICULOUS it is the UGLIEST so-called skyscraper I have seen. I will not lower my standards just because someone is doing so-called charity. I will call it as I see it.

Again, I hope he visits this thread and sees that not everybody is an ignorant villager who will gratefully dance for rubbish. The world is full of people who use their BRAIN to criticise charity. Hit google and see what people say about some of the USAID, DFID, WHO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation projects. They don't think stupidly like some on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Xnilid and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.