Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2062078 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:

I agree completely with you that Ogidi is now part of Onitsha metropolis.

But I'm also agreeing with MXrep, that Idemili people will never accept the "Onitsha" name, as a unifying factor for all the other towns. This is why you can't erect sign post in Obosi and write Onitsha below it. The Youths will come for your head.

For peace and development, a new name should be adopted that will be accepted to all. Let's say we adopt "Ofuobi" as the name of the new city.

So that instead of saying Fegge, Onitsha. It will now be, Fegge - Ofuobi, Amafor-Ofuobi( instead of Amafor Nkpor), Iyienu-Ofuobi, etc.

This is how it should be.

Onitsha people should not expect Ndi Idemili to throw away our individual towns, if Onitsha are not going to lose theirs as well.

Why greater Onitsha? Why not Greater Obosi

Imagine naming Enugu city, Greater Ngwo? Do you think Amechi, Nike, Ugwuaji, Akwuke people will ever agree to such?

Or naming PH city, Greater Rebisi ? Will Okirika and other Ikwerre clans accept such?

Why do you lots expect Onitsha case to be different.

Incase you don't know, even Okpanam people are resisting naming their town Asaba. They insist it is Okpanam and not under Asaba grin

Yes, we are clannish people. Let's not deceive ourselves and cause needless problems.

The city planners should look for and adopt a new name.
Ofuobi city, Anambra city, etc.

That's my One kobo

Hehehehe
These kids won't take this good advice now.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2019
hehehehehe..look at the official documentation from the authorities who knows better than us. Onitsha metropolitan area is the largest. Kill ya self cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

Hehehehe
These kids won't take this good advice now.
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2019
Onitsha metro encompasses Onitsha Port which is located at Ogbaru LGA cheesy

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
You seems to muddling up everything. Nobody is changing the name of Ogidi or Obosi. What happened was that Onitsha development over ran those smaller towns. So over time anyone that found himself in the building material at Ogidi will naturally feel he is in Onitsha.

No one is changing any name because by subconscious reasoning people are naturally keying into it as development reaches there are.

30yrs ago Awada was forest farm land for Idemili people but today it is part of Onitsha metropolitan area because of nearness to Onitsha and advancement of development from Onitsha.

It is something people unconsciously do without even knowing it

You know absolutely nothing about PH. The actual PH is just Port Harcourt local govt but today Obioakpor is now part and parcel of PH because of the influence and expansion of PH. Anyone in Obioakpor is in PH. Obioakpor nomenclature is remembered during elections only. Lol

Port Harcourt international airport is in Ikwerre LGA but it is called PH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Why not OMGWA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. It is because of popularity of PH among all the town around.

In Delta state, Warri is more popular than Effurun, but it is in Effurun that all the banks are located. Even airport in Warri is located in Effurun but because of it was Warri that made that region popular because it has existed and had ancient developments which marks its history ahead of Effurun. You hardly hear of Effurun, does it mean that there are no indigenes of Effurun? NO. So Warri has become the metro name that covers Effurun, Udu, Owveh etc. No one remembers those smaller towns even when you are there.

That was what happened in the case of Onitsha metro and other surrounding towns.

Those places are niw officially recognized as part of warri city or PH city but ogidi is not officially recognised as part of onitsha city. That is the point. It's not about what is unconsciously felt but official gazettes

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
hehehehehe..look at the official documentation from the authorities who knows better than us. Onitsha metropolitan area is the largest. Kill ya self cheesy

[s][/s]
Wikipedia? Lol. Official onitsha population is 500k
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:54am On Mar 07, 2019
Mechionu nsi gi there..lol

Ogidi, Nkpor, Obosi, Nkwelle, Oba, Ogbaru etc are all now under Onitsha metropolitan area. No amount of crying here can change it, though I will be here so that we can do this back and forth till you cry blood.

Lagos, PH, Onitsha, are just few of Nigerian cities that have developed beyond their original spaces[b][/b]. Will you kee ya sef? cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

Those places are niw officially recognized as part of warri city or PH city but ogidi is not officially recognised as part of onitsha city. That is the point. It's not about what is unconsciously felt but official gazettes
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2019
LOL..Onitsha north and South is 500k, while Onitsha Metropolitan is over 7 milla. Got that? cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

Wikipedia? Lol. Official onitsha population is 500k
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:

Rebisi is the part of Ikwerre in PHLGA.
I know enough about the history of PH.

Of course, Omagwa people will readily accept the PH name for the airport, because PH is a neutral name. That's exactly my point. Imagine if PH is named Rebisi or any other local name, do you think the Omagwa people would have accepted the airport in their town being named after another indigenious nearby town?

Warri is same. There is not town named Warri. It's a new name introduced by the colonial masters, which Itsekiri,Ijaws and even Okumagba (Urhobo) people are claiming to have meaning in their tongues. It's a unifying factor for the three ethnic groups, it belongs to no one particular town .

Onitsha people have claimed part of Awada today, only some part are still within Obosi control.
Good luck convincing Obosi people to accept anything that would tag their remaining part of Awada as anything but Obosi.

If you have access to powers that be. Better tell them to look for a neutral official name for the emerging city, because, this greater Onitsha thing, Odikwa very risky o!
Will they listen? Onitsha area should merge under one umbrella. Enough of small independent towns

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2019
LOL..Onitsha metro is the largest in the SE and SS and beyond. Imagine an nsukka illiterate trying to rewrite our history for us. Thunder fire you there cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

Will they listen? Onitsha area should merge under one umbrella. Enough of small independent towns
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2019
Great points and facts cheesy

MxreR:
You seems to muddling up everything. Nobody is changing the name of Ogidi or Obosi. What happened was that Onitsha development over ran those smaller towns. So over time anyone that found himself in the building material at Ogidi will naturally feel he is in Onitsha.

No one is changing any name because by subconscious reasoning people are naturally keying into it as development reaches there are.

30yrs ago Awada was forest farm land for Idemili people but today it is part of Onitsha metropolitan area because of nearness to Onitsha and advancement of development from Onitsha.

It is something people unconsciously do without even knowing it

You know absolutely nothing about PH. The actual PH is just Port Harcourt local govt but today Obioakpor is now part and parcel of PH because of the influence and expansion of PH. Anyone in Obioakpor is in PH. Obioakpor nomenclature is remembered during elections only. Lol

Port Harcourt international airport is in Ikwerre LGA but it is called PH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Why not OMGWA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. It is because of popularity of PH among all the town around.

In Delta state, Warri is more popular than Effurun, but it is in Effurun that all the banks are located. Even airport in Warri is located in Effurun but because of it was Warri that made that region popular because it has existed and had ancient developments which marks its history ahead of Effurun. You hardly hear of Effurun, does it mean that there are no indigenes of Effurun? NO. So Warri has become the metro name that covers Effurun, Udu, Owveh etc. No one remembers those smaller towns even when you are there.

That was what happened in the case of Onitsha metro and other surrounding towns.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
My friend you are over rated i thought you knew something before now.

So Warri is a new nomenclature? Nwokem gbafuo from here or use your Google to educate yourself.

So do you think FG is interested in what Omagwa people wanted before naming the airport Port Harcourt international airport? That was the same thing that happened in the case of Onitsha Port and Onitsha Naval Base that are all in Ogbaru land.

Your problem is that you are yet to understand the argument. No one is changing Ogidi name to Onitsha. What happened was that Onitsha as a nomenclature dominated because of its popularity and historical inclination. It was the same thing that happened in PH and Warri- bigger cities swallowed smaller ones to form conurbation. That's what you see in PH, Onitsha and Warri.

The same will soon happen at Nnewi because the permanent site for Nnamdi Azikiwe university teaching hospital is between Oraifite and Ozubulu, but what the FG knows is that it is at Nnewi because over the coming years Nnewi as a nomenclature will swallow other smaller and unpopular towns around it and thereby forming Nnewi metropolis. It will still not change the name of Oraifite or Ozubulu but what will happen is that Nnewi as a metro nomenclature will be more popular to people that anyone that arrives Oraifite or Ozubulu will immediately assume to be at Nnewi.

This is what happened in the case of Onitsha metropolitan area. It took decades and eventually Obosi, Nkpor, Ogbaru, Ogidi, Nkwelle etc, came under Onitsha metropolis as nomenclature, though it is not written on any agreement paper but consciousness of anyone that arrives in Ogidi or Obosi or Ogbaru is that he/she is in Onitsha metropolitan area

You only cite FG establishments on empty lands at the boarder. How about official address for resdents? Can we have No 22 chinedu street ozubulu Nnewi?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
nnamdijonathan:
All the areas called Onitsha today are called Onitsha because of the popularity of the community not because of superiority.
Onitsha community has a landmass of slightly over 50sqkm with an urban spread or metropolitan area of 1,965sqkm.
The urban area should adop a single name and become one city. If you do city ranking onitsha will be at the bottom
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
LOL..are you this dumb, Don't you know that if FG build a refinery at Asaba and calls it Onitsha refinery-- it means that Onitsha metro has got to that location. You are an nsukka timid illiterate that is why you don't know the workings of government institutions. FG already knew that Onitsha has developed beyond its original boundary and that is why Onitsha Port and Onitsha Naval Base are tagged ''ONITSHA'' as prefix. Go to school, but you won't but i will teach you today. cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

You only cite FG establishments on empty lands at the boarder. How about official address for resdents? Can we have No 22 chinedu street ozubulu Nnewi?
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
Go back to your timid nsukka where there are 100% illiterates and tell them that.

As for here in Anambra, the name that encompasses all these areas is ONITSHA METROPOLITAN CITY. I know it is painful for you to bear but that is just what it is. cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

The urban area should adop a single name and become one city. If you do city ranking onitsha will be at the bottom
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
Pazienza look at the population and land area of Onitsha metropolitan area. This couldn't have been just Onitsha North and South, it is because the authorities have come to understand that Onitsha metropolis has swallowed up the entire area surrounding the Onitsha city as it were, and now forming conurbation(mega city). It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority or otherwise of the Onitsha people but a question of reality on ground.
You don't understand the point. Lagos will still record same data for both city ranking and urban area ranking but onitsha will top in urban area ranking but carry last in city ranking. A unified single city name is needed

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:

Yes, Warri is a new nomenclature. Itsekiriis claim it was derived from the ancient name of Itsekiri, ie Iwere, Ijaws claim it was derived from the Ijaw word "Wari" which means home/house.

Urhobos has their own version of the name origin.

Bottomline is that it doesn't belong to anyone. It's a generic name the three ethnic groups there lay claim to. We can't say same of Onitsha. Onitsha belongs to Onitsha people only.

I didn't say that anyone is changing the name of Ogidi to Onitsha. But you have to realize that for Ogidi to become one city with Onitsha, names of places in Ogidi will have to bear Onitsha. And this will never happen, because neither Ogidi, Obosi or Nkpor people will permit it.

Greater Onitsha will no doubt exist in city planners book, in people's subconsciousness and all. But it will not exist in real life setting, because you will never be allowed to write Onitsha, whether greater or lesser, in any signpost in Idemili.

That's the reality I am trying to bring to your notice.

It doesn't mean I support or oppose the greater Onitsha thing, I'm merely bringing home to you, the situation on ground.
Wise man. These people are just more emotional than logical

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
It is you that does not understand the point because you are blinded by hate and envy. Now listen Onitsha is no longer Onitsha south and Onitsha north. Onitsha is now Onitsha metropolitan where all the smallers towns/cities have now merged to become Onitsha metropolitan area hence this report below. Does it make sense to you dunce? cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

You don't understand the point. Lagos will still record same data for both city ranking and urban area ranking but onitsha will top in urban area ranking but carry last in city ranking. A unified single city name is needed
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:

Believe me, I understand you. You are are the one that has refused to understand me.

I am very much aware that Greater Onitsha exists in Anambra city development and planning commission books. I'm aware it exists in people, especially "ndi mbia mbia" subconsciousness, but it doesn't exist in the reality for Idemili people.
For example, if you ask many non Indigenes resident in Nkpor or Obosi where they reside, they will first of all tell you Onitsha, then when you ask them the part of Onitsha, they will say Obosi or Nkpor, as the case maybe.
But an Obosi or Nkpor person will never give you such reply. To him, it's Nkpor in Idemili North LGA, and not Nkpor in Onitsha.
The idea of Nkpor in Onitsha, is one non Idemili people living in Nkpor, Umuoji , Oba, Obosi or Ogidi propagate. The indigenes will not tolerate such idea.
I have retalitves living in ogidi and everybody know them as people who live in onitsha. But I have a classmate from ogidi and he never accepted being onitsha man

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
Wise and well articulated. cheesy

MxreR:
My friend you are over rated i thought you knew something before now.

So Warri is a new nomenclature? Nwokem gbafuo from here or use your Google to educate yourself.

So do you think FG is interested in what Omagwa people wanted before naming the airport Port Harcourt international airport? That was the same thing that happened in the case of Onitsha Port and Onitsha Naval Base that are all in Ogbaru land.

Your problem is that you are yet to understand the argument. No one is changing Ogidi name to Onitsha. What happened was that Onitsha as a nomenclature dominated because of its popularity and historical inclination. It was the same thing that happened in PH and Warri- bigger cities swallowed smaller ones to form conurbation. That's what you see in PH, Onitsha and Warri.

The same will soon happen at Nnewi because the permanent site for Nnamdi Azikiwe university teaching hospital is between Oraifite and Ozubulu, but what the FG knows is that it is at Nnewi because over the coming years Nnewi as a nomenclature will swallow other smaller and unpopular towns around it and thereby forming Nnewi metropolis. It will still not change the name of Oraifite or Ozubulu but what will happen is that Nnewi as a metro nomenclature will be more popular to people that anyone that arrives Oraifite or Ozubulu will immediately assume to be at Nnewi.

This is what happened in the case of Onitsha metropolitan area. It took decades and eventually Obosi, Nkpor, Ogbaru, Ogidi, Nkwelle etc, came under Onitsha metropolis as nomenclature, though it is not written on any agreement paper but consciousness of anyone that arrives in Ogidi or Obosi or Ogbaru is that he/she is in Onitsha metropolitan area

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anyone that arrives in Ogidi, Nkpor, Obosi, Nkwelle etc, assumes he/she is in Onitsha and that is the point in ONITSHA METRO AREAS. cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

I have retalitves living in ogidi and everybody know them as people who live in onitsha. But I have a classmate from ogidi and he never accepted being onitsha man
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
The highlighted is the summary of all we have been saying here. Case closed

This shows that you have been engaging in blind argument since you don't understand the issue under discussion. Its not about people's feelings but official gazettes

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:

if you ask many non Indigenes resident in Nkpor or Obosi where they reside, they will first of all tell you Onitsha, then when you ask them the part of Onitsha, they will say Obosi or Nkpor, as the case maybe.

Great , that is the point cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
You are dumb and stupid, blinded with envy and bitterness, now you read where paziensa said that, ''if you ask many non Indigenes resident in Nkpor or Obosi where they reside, they will first of all tell you Onitsha''

That is the point we are making, someone from Ogidi or Nkpor doesn't need to write in an exam that he is now from Onitsha just because ONITSHA METRO has covered their area.

[s]
MXrep:

This shows that you have been engaging in blind argument since you don't understand the issue under discussion. Its not about people's feelings but official gazettes
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ttipsy:
well explained. Don't know why pple r daft to understand this. Onitsha has grown beyond Onitsha north and south.
Lagos, Benin city, Ibadan,Onitsha all has sprawled beyond its land Pace, forming a metropolitan still bearing its Original name of the city respectively.

Onitsha case is different. Benin, ibadan, enugu, PH can sprawl almost indefinitely and the data will still go to the city. But onitsha has officially stop growing stopingat 52 square kilometres and 500k population because neighboring towns refuse to adopt onitsha nomenclature. Just go out and snap a sign with ogidi onitsha and you have won the argument

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
Yyeske:
Good and constructive arguement here but there are some things you guys fail to understand about the nomenclature of the Onitsha metro area, I live at Odume layout and we all generally refer to the place as Onitsha, same for someone living in Awada, Ugwuagba all parts of Obosi, residents will tell you they live in Onitsha but same cannot be said of Obosi town itself because it has not been incoporated fully into Onitsha.
Residents of Afor Nkpor, areas around Mgbuka, Nkpor main market etc all refer to those places as Onitsha but same cannot be said of Eke Nkpor because it has not yet been swallowed up yet.
Ugwunwasike in Ogidi down to Nkpor is equally refferd to as Onitsha but not all parts of Ogidi for same reason.
Abata Nsugbe has been swallowed up people refer to the place as Onitsha but same is not yet applicable to other parts of Nsugbe.
If you all can recall, when the state government banned Okada last year it only covered the metro area itself but left the areas not yet incoporated and thats why okada still functions in places like Eke Nkpor but not in Afor Nkpor.
These things are true but we want to now now reflect on official data of onitsha city. This is the recognised onitsha city map compared to enugu. Its not about what people feel, it should be made official

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
Onitsha is not a different case because it is still a city in Nigeria just like other cities. Cities all over the world expand and swallow other smaller cities. It happened in Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Warri.

Today there is a contrast between Onitsha north and South, and Onitsha metropolitan areas. Onitsha metro covers all the areas from Onitsha north and south, Obosi, Ogbaru, Nkpor, Ogidi, Oba, Nkwelle, Ogbunike etc.

[s]
MXrep:

Onitsha case is different. Benin, ibadan, enugu, PH can sprawl almost indefinitely and the data will still go to the city. But onitsha has officially stop growing stopingat 52 square kilometres and 500k population because neighboring towns refuse to adopt onitsha nomenclature. Just go out and snap a sign with ogidi onitsha and you have won the argument
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
It doesn't have to reflect in your note book before you know that Onitsha north and south, Obosi, Ogbaru, Nkpor, Ogidi, Oba, Nkwelle, Ogbunike etc, are all part and parcel of ONITSHA METRO, it is now official because government agents have recognised it. cheesy

[s]
MXrep:

These things are true but we want to now now reflect on official data of onitsha city. This is the recognised onitsha city map compared to enugu. Its not about what people feel, it should be made official
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
Tell them bro cheesy

Ttipsy:
well explained. Don't know why pple r daft to understand this. Onitsha has grown beyond Onitsha north and south.
Lagos, Benin city, Ibadan,Onitsha all has sprawled beyond its land Pace, forming a metropolitan still bearing its Original name of the city respectively.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
MxreR:
Onitsha is not a different case because it is still a city in Nigeria just like other cities. Cities all over the world expand and swallow other smaller cities. It happened in Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Warri.

Today there is a contrast between Onitsha north and South, and Onitsha metropolitan areas. Onitsha metro covers all the areas from Onitsha north and south, Obosi, Ogbaru, Nkpor, Ogidi, Oba, Nkwelle, Ogbunike etc.

[s][/s]
Those places don't reflect on official data for onitsha city. Onitsha case should be looked into instead of denying the obvious

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
LOL..always crying like a frustrated witch. I will keep frustrating and wrecking you. cheesy

Now look at the actual numbers and how Nigerian cities stands now. ONITSHA METRO has come to stay so clean your eyes because even if you cry blood, it will not change instead it will continue to expand. hahaha

[s]
MXrep:

Those places don't reflect on official data for onitsha city. Onitsha case should be looked into instead of denying the obvious
[/s]

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Niccoloimhotep:
where did you get this statistics from? Onitsha was second on your list but when i looked it up myself, it was way down below. All these sites can be confusing at times
Urban area is different from city. Onitsha urban area is large but onitsha city is very small. My suggestion is that the whole urban area should form a single city

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
nonsobaba:
Not at all. If RCC, Nigercat, Setraco etc can engrave their names into their finished construction projects, I don't see why "Willie is working" can't.
See mumu comparison. Is williie a company? Give us examples of other governors names engraved

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.