Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2062114 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
Try to understand the point. What we are saying is that Ogidi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Obosi etc are unconsciously or consciously already part of Onitsha metro because of proximity. It means that Onitsha as it were influenced those areas, just like Onitsha influenced Asaba though in another state. This is Harbour Industrial estate Onitsha but it is located in Ogbaru. Nobody is saying that Ogidi is under Onitsha but by virtue of Onitsha being the largest of them both historically, economically and strategically it has come to be the unifying metro name.

pazienza:

That one is different.
It's for administrative convenience. It's allowed.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
If there is any mega establishment in Ogidi either by the state or FG, it will automatically be linked to Onitsha nomenclature, because Onitsha serves as the metro area where it is located, not because Onitsha people are superior or inferior but because it is the most popular in that region. This is Onitsha Port, it is located in Ogbaru. Are you aware?

pazienza:

I don't know for Ogbaru people.
But I know you can't erect any signpost in Obosi, Oba Nkpor, Umuoji, Ogidi and write it Onitsha.
No one will tolerate it in Idemili, anyone telling you it will be tolerated here, is just playing to gallery.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pazienza(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
MxreR:
Try to understand the point. What we are saying is that Ogidi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Obosi etc are unconsciously or consciously already part of Onitsha metro because of proximity. It means that Onitsha as it were influenced those areas, just like Onitsha influenced Asaba though in another state. This is Harbour Industrial estate Onitsha but it is located in Ogbaru. Nobody is saying that Ogidi is under Onitsha but by virtue of Onitsha being the largest of them both historically, economically and strategically it has come to be the unifying metro name.

I agree completely with you that Ogidi is now part of Onitsha metropolis.

But I'm also agreeing with MXrep, that Idemili people will never accept the "Onitsha" name, as a unifying factor for all the other towns. This is why you can't erect sign post in Obosi and write Onitsha below it. The Youths will come for your head.

For peace and development, a new name should be adopted that will be accepted to all. Let's say we adopt "Ofuobi" as the name of the new city.

So that instead of saying Fegge, Onitsha. It will now be, Fegge - Ofuobi, Amafor-Ofuobi( instead of Amafor Nkpor), Iyienu-Ofuobi, etc.

This is how it should be.

Onitsha people should not expect Ndi Idemili to throw away our individual towns, if Onitsha are not going to lose theirs as well.

Why greater Onitsha? Why not Greater Obosi

Imagine naming Enugu city, Greater Ngwo? Do you think Amechi, Nike, Ugwuaji, Akwuke people will ever agree to such?

Or naming PH city, Greater Rebisi ? Will Okirika and other Ikwerre clans accept such?

Why do you lots expect Onitsha case to be different.

Incase you don't know, even Okpanam people are resisting naming their town Asaba. They insist it is Okpanam and not under Asaba grin

Yes, we are clannish people. Let's not deceive ourselves and cause needless problems.

The city planners should look for and adopt a new name.
Ofuobi city, Anambra city, etc.

That's my One kobo

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
You seems to muddling up everything. Nobody is changing the name of Ogidi or Obosi. What happened was that Onitsha development over ran those smaller towns. So over time anyone that found himself in the building material at Ogidi will naturally feel he is in Onitsha.

No one is changing any name because by subconscious reasoning people are naturally keying into it as development reaches there are.

30yrs ago Awada was forest farm land for Idemili people but today it is part of Onitsha metropolitan area because of nearness to Onitsha and advancement of development from Onitsha.

It is something people unconsciously do without even knowing it

You know absolutely nothing about PH. The actual PH is just Port Harcourt local govt but today Obioakpor is now part and parcel of PH because of the influence and expansion of PH. Anyone in Obioakpor is in PH. Obioakpor nomenclature is remembered during elections only. Lol

Port Harcourt international airport is in Ikwerre LGA but it is called PH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Why not OMGWA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. It is because of popularity of PH among all the town around.

In Delta state, Warri is more popular than Effurun, but it is in Effurun that all the banks are located. Even airport in Warri is located in Effurun but because of it was Warri that made that region popular because it has existed and had ancient developments which marks its history ahead of Effurun. You hardly hear of Effurun, does it mean that there are no indigenes of Effurun? NO. So Warri has become the metro name that covers Effurun, Udu, Owveh etc. No one remembers those smaller towns even when you are there.

That was what happened in the case of Onitsha metro and other surrounding towns.

pazienza:

I agree completely with you that Ogidi is now part of Onitsha metropolis.

But I'm also agreeing with MXrep, that Idemili people will never accept the "Onitsha" name, as a unifying factor for all the other towns. This is why you can't erect sign post in Obosi and write Onitsha below it. The Youths will come for your head.

For peace and development, a new name should be adopted that will be accepted to all. Let's say we adopt "Ofuobi" as the name of the new city.

So that instead of saying Fegge, Onitsha. It will now be, Fegge - Ofuobi, Amafor-Ofuobi( instead of Amafor Nkpor), Iyienu-Ofuobi, etc.

This is how it should be.

Onitsha people should not expect Ndi Idemili to throw away our individual towns, if Onitsha are not going to lose theirs as well.

Why greater Onitsha? Why not Greater Obosi

Imagine naming Enugu city, Greater Ngwo? Do you think Amechi, Nike, Ugwuaji, Akwuke people will ever agree to such?

Or naming PH city, Greater Rebisi ? Will Okirika and other Ikwerre clans accept such?

Why do you lots expect Onitsha case to be different.

Incase you don't know, even Okpanam people are resisting naming their town Asaba. They insist it is Okpanam and not under Asaba grin

Yes, we are clannish people. Let's not deceive ourselves and cause needless problems.

The city planners should look for and adopt a new name.
Ofuobi city, Anambra city, etc.

That's my One kobo

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nwanyionitsha: 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
globemoney:

Hahaha, who cares? did Atiku/Obi win with your useless vote? Stay clear of Anambra. Anambra is APGA.. Keep your failed atiku nonsense in your Abuja tongue
I spoke for myself. Always speak for yourself. You don't represent Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pazienza(m): 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
MxreR:
You seems to muddling up everything. Nobody is changing the name of Ogidi or Obosi. What happened was that Onitsha development over ran those smaller towns. So over time anyone that found himself in the building material at Ogidi will naturally feel he is in Onitsha.

No one is changing any name because by subconscious reasoning people are naturally keying into it as development reaches there are.

30yrs ago Awada was forest farm land for Idemili people but today it is part of Onitsha metropolitan area because of nearness to Onitsha and advancement of development from Onitsha.

It is something people unconsciously do without even knowing it

You know absolutely nothing about PH. The actual PH is just Port Harcourt local govt but today Obioakpor is now part and parcel of PH because of the influence and expansion of PH. Anyone in Obioakpor is in PH. Obioakpor nomenclature is remembered during elections only. Lol

Port Harcourt international airport is in Ikwerre LGA but it is called PH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Why not OMGWA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. It is because of popularity of PH among all the town around.

In Delta state, Warri is more popular than Effurun, but it is in Effurun that all the banks are located. Even airport in Warri is located in Effurun but because of it was Warri that made that region popular because it has existed and had ancient developments which marks its history ahead of Effurun. You hardly hear of Effurun, does it mean that there are no indigenes of Effurun? NO. So Warri has become the metro name that covers Effurun, Udu, Owveh etc. No one remembers those smaller towns even when you are there.

That was what happened in the case of Onitsha metro and other surrounding towns.

Rebisi is the part of Ikwerre in PHLGA.
I know enough about the history of PH.

Of course, Omagwa people will readily accept the PH name for the airport, because PH is a neutral name. That's exactly my point. Imagine if PH is named Rebisi or any other local name, do you think the Omagwa people would have accepted the airport in their town being named after another indigenious nearby town?

Warri is same. There is not town named Warri. It's a new name introduced by the colonial masters, which Itsekiri,Ijaws and even Okumagba (Urhobo) people are claiming to have meaning in their tongues. It's a unifying factor for the three ethnic groups, it belongs to no one particular town .

Onitsha people have claimed part of Awada today, only some part are still within Obosi control.
Good luck convincing Obosi people to accept anything that would tag their remaining part of Awada as anything but Obosi.

If you have access to powers that be. Better tell them to look for a neutral official name for the emerging city, because, this greater Onitsha thing, Odikwa very risky o!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
I spoke for myself. Always speak for yourself. You don't represent Anambra.
We are tired of your noise. Keep your opinion to yourself. The election has come and gone and a winner and LOSER has emerged. You Peter Obi losers will keep cursing and abusing until it’s quite clear to you all that Obi is finished politically. That’s it! Anambra is APGA.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
My friend you are over rated i thought you knew something before now.

So Warri is a new nomenclature? Nwokem gbafuo from here or use your Google to educate yourself.

So do you think FG is interested in what Omagwa people wanted before naming the airport Port Harcourt international airport? That was the same thing that happened in the case of Onitsha Port and Onitsha Naval Base that are all in Ogbaru land.

Your problem is that you are yet to understand the argument. No one is changing Ogidi name to Onitsha. What happened was that Onitsha as a nomenclature dominated because of its popularity and historical inclination. It was the same thing that happened in PH and Warri- bigger cities swallowed smaller ones to form conurbation. That's what you see in PH, Onitsha and Warri.

The same will soon happen at Nnewi because the permanent site for Nnamdi Azikiwe university teaching hospital is between Oraifite and Ozubulu, but what the FG knows is that it is at Nnewi because over the coming years Nnewi as a nomenclature will swallow other smaller and unpopular towns around it and thereby forming Nnewi metropolis. It will still not change the name of Oraifite or Ozubulu but what will happen is that Nnewi as a metro nomenclature will be more popular to people that anyone that arrives Oraifite or Ozubulu will immediately assume to be at Nnewi.

This is what happened in the case of Onitsha metropolitan area. It took decades and eventually Obosi, Nkpor, Ogbaru, Ogidi, Nkwelle etc, came under Onitsha metropolis as nomenclature, though it is not written on any agreement paper but consciousness of anyone that arrives in Ogidi or Obosi or Ogbaru is that he/she is in Onitsha metropolitan area

pazienza:

Rebisi is the part of Ikwerre in PHLGA.
I know enough about the history of PH.

Of course, Omagwa people will readily accept the PH name for the airport, because PH is a neutral name. That's exactly my point. Imagine if PH is named Rebisi or any other local name, do you think the Omagwa people would have accepted the airport in their town being named after another indigenious nearby town?

Warri is same. There is not town named Warri. It's a new name introduced by the colonial masters, which Itsekiri,Ijaws and even Okumagba (Urhobo) people are claiming to have meaning in their tongues. It's a unifying factor for the three ethnic groups, it belongs to no one particular town .

Onitsha people have claimed part of Awada today, only some part are still within Obosi control.
Good luck convincing Obosi people to accept anything that would tag their remaining part of Awada as anything but Obosi.

If you have access to powers that be. Better tell them to look for a neutral official name for the emerging city, because, this greater Onitsha thing, Odikwa very risky o!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nwanyionitsha: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
globemoney:

We are tired of your noise. Keep your opinion to yourself. The election has come and gone and a winner and LOSER has emerged. You Peter Obi losers will keep cursing and abusing until it’s quite clear to you all that Obi is finished politically. That’s it! Anambra is APGA.
Get lost. I don't have time for you.
Like i said.,speak for yourself .

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
All the areas called Onitsha today are called Onitsha because of the popularity of the community not because of superiority.
Onitsha community has a landmass of slightly over 50sqkm with an urban spread or metropolitan area of 1,965sqkm.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thank you for your understanding of the argument. That was the same thing i have been trying to educate pezienza on.

nnamdijonathan:
All the areas called Onitsha today are called Onitsha because of the popularity of the community not because of superiority.
Onitsha community has a landmass of slightly over 50sqkm with an urban spread or metropolitan area of 1,965sqkm.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Get lost. I don't have time for you.
Like i said.,speak for yourself .
Your anger will never resurrect Peter Obis political career and it will never make Atiku win. That’s the truth grin grin

Ndo lol
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
Pazienza look at the population and land area of Onitsha metropolitan area. This couldn't have been just Onitsha North and South, it is because the authorities have come to understand that Onitsha metropolis has swallowed up the entire area surrounding the Onitsha city as it were, and now forming conurbation(mega city). It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority or otherwise of the Onitsha people but a question of reality on ground.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pazienza(m): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
MxreR:
My friend you are over rated i thought you knew something before now.

So who Warri is a new nomenclature? Nwokem gbafuo from here or use your Google to educate yourself.

So do you think FG is interested in what Omagwa people wanted before naming the airport Port Harcourt international airport? That was the same thing that happened in the case of Onitsha Port and Onitsha Naval Base that are all in Ogbaru land.

Your problem is that you are yet to understand the argument. No one is changing Ogidi name to Onitsha. What happened was that Onitsha as a nomenclature dominated because of its popularity and historical inclination. It was the same thing that happened in PH and Warri- bigger cities swallowed smaller ones to form conurbation. That's what you see in PH, Onitsha and Warri.

The same will soon happen at Nnewi because the permanent site for Nnamdi Azikiwe university teaching hospital is between Oraifite and Ozubulu, but what the FG knows is that it is at Nnewi because over the coming years Nnewi as a nomenclature will swallow other smaller and unpopular towns around it and thereby forming Nnewi metropolis. It will still not change the name of Oraifite or Ozubulu but what will happen is that Nnewi as a metro nomenclature will be more popular to people that anyone that arrives Oraifite or Ozubulu will immediately assume to be at Nnewi.

This is what happened in the case of Onitsha metropolitan area. It took decades and eventually Obosi, Nkpor, Ogbaru, Ogidi, Nkwelle etc eventually came under Onitsha metropolis as nomenclature, though it is not written on any paper but consciousness of anyone in Ogidi or Obosi or Ogbaru is that he/she is in Onitsha metropolitan area

Yes, Warri is a new nomenclature. Itsekiriis claim it was derived from the ancient name of Itsekiri, ie Iwere, Ijaws claim it was derived from the Ijaw word "Wari" which means home/house.

Urhobos has their own version of the name origin.

Bottomline is that it doesn't belong to anyone. It's a generic name the three ethnic groups there lay claim to. We can't say same of Onitsha. Onitsha belongs to Onitsha people only.

I didn't say that anyone is changing the name of Ogidi to Onitsha. But you have to realize that for Ogidi to become one city with Onitsha, names of places in Ogidi will have to bear Onitsha. And this will never happen, because neither Ogidi, Obosi or Nkpor people will permit it.

Greater Onitsha will no doubt exist in city planners book, in people's subconsciousness and all. But it will not exist in real life setting, because you will never be allowed to write Onitsha, whether greater or lesser, in any signpost in Idemili.

That's the reality I am trying to bring to your notice.

It doesn't mean I support or oppose the greater Onitsha thing, I'm merely bringing home to you, the situation on ground.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pazienza(m): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
MxreR:
Pazienza look at the population and land area of Onitsha. This couldn't have been just Onitsha North and South, it is because the authorities have come to understand that Onitsha metropolis has swallowed up the entire area surrounding the Onitsha city as it were, and now forming conurbation(mega city). It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority or not of Onitsha people but a question of reality on ground.

Believe me, I understand you. You are are the one that has refused to understand me.

I am very much aware that Greater Onitsha exists in Anambra city development and planning commission books. I'm aware it exists in people, especially "ndi mbia mbia" subconsciousness, but it doesn't exist in the reality for Idemili people.
For example, if you ask many non Indigenes resident in Nkpor or Obosi where they reside, they will first of all tell you Onitsha, then when you ask them the part of Onitsha, they will say Obosi or Nkpor, as the case maybe.
But an Obosi or Nkpor person will never give you such reply. To him, it's Nkpor in Idemili North LGA, and not Nkpor in Onitsha.
The idea of Nkpor in Onitsha, is one non Idemili people living in Nkpor, Umuoji , Oba, Obosi or Ogidi propagate. The indigenes will not tolerate such idea.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
Warri is an anglicized version of Iwerre. It is the same way Anambra is to Omambala. This doesn't mean that Warri has not always been there.

Onitsha as a metropolitan area doesn't belong to Onitsha people anymore as the city has grown beyond its original boundaries. Onitsha
people didn't influence the name of Onitsha Port or Onitsha Naval Base. It is because of popularity of Onitsha and its history that made the authorities to name those institutions as such.

It is not a greater Onitsha, it is Onitsha metropolitan area. The later occurs because of urbanisation and over running of other towns like Ogidi, Nkpor etc, by Onitsha as it were and thereafter becoming Onitsha metropolis. It has absolutely nothing to do with Onitsha people, and still doesn't mean you will be forced to write Oniitsha as your town of origin in exam simply because Onitsha has swallowed up Ogidi or Nkpor. All the names will still exist but you will hear more of Onitsha because it has come to mean that when someone arrives at Ogidi or Nkpor or Ogbaru the person assumes to be in Onitsha metropolitan area. It is not signed anywhere but mere consciousness.

pazienza:

Yes, Warri is a new nomenclature. Itsekiriis claim it was derived from the ancient name of Itsekiri, ie Iwere, Ijaws claim it was derived from the Ijaw word "Wari" which means home/house.

Urhobos has their own version of the name origin.

Bottomline is that it doesn't belong to anyone. It's a generic name the three ethnic groups there lay claim to. We can't say same of Onitsha. Onitsha belongs to Onitsha people only.

I didn't say that anyone is changing the name of Ogidi to Onitsha. But you have to realize that for Ogidi to become one city with Onitsha, names of places in Ogidi will have to bear Onitsha. And this will never happen, because neither Ogidi, Obosi or Nkpor people will permit it.

Greater Onitsha will no doubt exist in city planners book, in people's subconsciousness and all. But it will not exist in real life setting, because you will never be allowed to write Onitsha, whether greater or lesser, in any signpost in Idemili.

That's the reality I am trying to bring to your notice.

It doesn't mean I support or oppose the greater Onitsha thing, I'm merely bringing home to you, the situation on ground.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
The highlighted is the summary of all we have been saying here. Case closed

pazienza:

Believe me, I understand you. You are are the one that has refused to understand me.

I am very much aware that Greater Onitsha exists in Anambra city development and planning commission books. I'm aware it exists in people, especially "ndi mbia mbia" subconsciousness, but it doesn't exist in the reality for Idemili people.
For example, if you ask many non Indigenes resident in Nkpor or Obosi where they reside, they will first of all tell you Onitsha, then when you ask them the part of Onitsha, they will say Obosi or Nkpor, as the case maybe.
But an Obosi or Nkpor person will never give you such reply. To him, it's Nkpor in Idemili North LGA, and not Nkpor in Onitsha.
The idea of Nkpor in Onitsha, is one non Idemili people living in Nkpor, Umuoji , Oba, Obosi or Ogidi propagate. The indigenes will not tolerate such idea.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
MxreR:
Pazienza look at the population and land area of Onitsha. This couldn't have been just Onitsha North and South, it is because the authorities have come to understand that Onitsha metropolis has swallowed up the entire area surrounding the Onitsha city as it were, and now forming conurbation(mega city). It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority or not of Onitsha people but a question of reality on ground.
well explained. Don't know why pple r daft to understand this. Onitsha has grown beyond Onitsha north and south.
Lagos, Benin city, Ibadan,Onitsha all has sprawled beyond its land Pace, forming a metropolitan still bearing its Original name of the city respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Good and constructive arguement here but there are some things you guys fail to understand about the nomenclature of the Onitsha metro area, I live at Odume layout and we all generally refer to the place as Onitsha, same for someone living in Awada, Ugwuagba all parts of Obosi, residents will tell you they live in Onitsha but same cannot be said of Obosi town itself because it has not been incoporated fully into Onitsha.
Residents of Afor Nkpor, areas around Mgbuka, Nkpor main market etc all refer to those places as Onitsha but same cannot be said of Eke Nkpor because it has not yet been swallowed up yet.
Ugwunwasike in Ogidi down to Nkpor is equally refferd to as Onitsha but not all parts of Ogidi for same reason.
Abata Nsugbe has been swallowed up people refer to the place as Onitsha but same is not yet applicable to other parts of Nsugbe.
If you all can recall, when the state government banned Okada last year it only covered the metro area itself but left the areas not yet incoporated and thats why okada still functions in places like Eke Nkpor but not in Afor Nkpor.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MxreR: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
It is still the same point we are making. Onitsha metropolitan area is different from Onitsha North and South as it were. Good that you understood the point of the argument.

Yyeske:
Good and constructive arguement here but there are some things you guys fail to understand about the nomenclature of the Onitsha metro area, I live at Odume layout and we all generally refer to the place as Onitsha, same for someone living in Awada, Ugwuagba all parts of Obosi, residents will tell you they live in Onitsha but same cannot be said of Obosi town itself because it has not been incoporated fully into Onitsha.
Residents of Afor Nkpor, areas around Mgbuka, Nkpor main market etc all refer to those places as Onitsha but same cannot be said of Eke Nkpor because it has not yet been swallowed up yet.
Ugwunwasike in Ogidi down to Nkpor is equally refferd to as Onitsha but not all parts of Ogidi for same reason.
Abata Nsugbe has been swallowed up people refer to the place as Onitsha but same is not yet applicable to other parts of Nsugbe.
If you all can recall, when the state government banned Okada last year it only covered the metro area itself but left the areas not yet incoporated and thats why okada still functions in places like Eke Nkpor but not in Afor Nkpor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
What is the Anambra state govt doing to promote and create awareness about Awka? What can we as ordinary citizens also do to promote and create awareness about Awka because, it is very disheartening for demograhia international to recognize Ikorodu, Oyo town, Oshogbo and Ogbomosho without recognizing Awka, a state's capital for that matter and one of our fastest growing tourism hubs in the east. Awka is about 120 sqkm and is big enough to make that list.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
globemoney:

Anambra is APGA

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Flashback: Chimamanda at Face of Okija, December 2018. She just shared it online

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Niccoloimhotep: 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
globemoney:
APGA must sweep all Anambra house of assembly seats on saturday!! The desperate, failed and shamed politician Peter obi is back again to keep embarrassing himself, he's now funding PDP house of assembly candidates and campaigning for them as his last effort to stay relevant. grin grin
He will keep failing, I am happy that he is finally spending some of the monies he stole from Anambra and hopefully, he will never recover them again... APGA must clear all Anambra seats on saturday!

, nonsobaba, mopolchi, ngadawo, nwanyionitsha, tsinzu, Anambraforpeter, mekaboy, etc

APGA as far as am concerned has started taking anambra people for granted. The mere fact that the party is widely accepted across the state made them feel relaxed and hardly engage in any capital projects these days. Nnewi and Awka malls has been abandoned for years, aesthetic is dead in the state, and finally, obianos second tenure has almost gotten to an end yet all the promises he made when he got into power are nowhere to be found. Where is the dubai, kigali and rwanda city models he promised? Where is the skyscrapper skylined city he promised? Ordinary greenwood estate has been abandoned. Another idiot wiĺl come into power soon and tell us mouthwatering stories of how he will relocate the statue of liberty to nnewi. Clowns!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Niccoloimhotep:
APGA as far as am concerned has started taking anambra people for granted. The mere fact that the party is widely accepted across the state made them feel relaxed and hardly engage in any capital projects these days. Nnewi and Awka malls has been abandoned for years, aesthetic is dead in the state, and finally, obianos second tenure has almost gotten to an end yet all the promises he made when he got into power are nowhere to be found. Where is the dubai, kigali and rwanda city models he promised? Where is the skyscrapper skylined city he promised? Ordinary greenwood estate has been abandoned. Another idiot wiĺl come into power soon and tell us mouthwatering stories of how he will relocate the statue of liberty to nnewi. Clowns!

Can you mention any governor in Nigeria performing better than Obiano

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerFC: 11:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
globemoney:

We are waiting for Soludo.

It is long overdue.

I hope Ifeanyi Ubah remains in the Senate.

Bianca need to build her profile back up in Anambra by accepting maybe commissioner under Soludo.

Who knows, after Buhari she might get a ministerial position.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerFC: 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
My vision for my beloved state is a situation, whereby we allow our own people a chance and see wat they can do.

I never once believed in being cruel or playing politics with the good will of all those, who have igbo interest at heart and have made themselves a pillar in the struggle for Igbo development.

I believe that a man that works must eat.

Obiano was wrong with regards to Ifeanyi Ubah.

Obiano was wrong as regards Bianca Ojukwu.

Never, reward faithfulness with contempt.

We Igbo must ascribe this vital principle in our outlook on life.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Niccoloimhotep: 12:07am On Mar 07, 2019
nnamdijonathan:
where did you get this statistics from? Onitsha was second on your list but when i looked it up myself, it was way down below. All these sites can be confusing at times

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Niccoloimhotep: 12:17am On Mar 07, 2019
globemoney:

if i start mentioning them now, you will still refer me back to how much FG gives them monthly which am not ready to debate on. I also dont want to believe obiano is the best in nigeria notwithstanding he did fairly well in anambra. But what he has on ground is a far cry from what he promised. Where are those fish ponds he promised that each one would be as big as a football field and be manned by 50 youths per pond. Where are the malls he promised completing? Where's the airport he promised? Where is the 5B naira monthly IGR? Where's the waste recycling plant he promised to build? Where is the industries he promised to attract foreigners to build? Am just tired of nigerian politics honestly. If you look at where we are, the pace of movement of the govt and where they promised to take us to, you go just weak. I dont have energy to argue, if you think he did well then good. If you think he performed below expectation and needs to improve, that's also good.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nonsobaba: 12:24am On Mar 07, 2019
MXrep:

Very childish of him
Not at all. If RCC, Nigercat, Setraco etc can engrave their names into their finished construction projects, I don't see why "Willie is working" can't.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 12:45am On Mar 07, 2019
hammerFC:

We are waiting for Soludo.

It is long overdue.

I hope Ifeanyi Ubah remains in the Senate.

Bianca need to build her profile back up in Anambra by accepting maybe commissioner under Soludo.

Who knows, after Buhari she might get a ministerial position.
You are 100% right nwanne

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 12:52am On Mar 07, 2019
Niccoloimhotep:
if i start mentioning them now, you will still refer me back to how much FG gives them monthly which am not ready to debate on. I also dont want to believe obiano is the best in nigeria notwithstanding he did fairly well in anambra. But what he has on ground is a far cry from what he promised. Where are those fish ponds he promised that each one would be as big as a football field and be manned by 50 youths per pond. Where are the malls he promised completing? Where's the airport he promised? Where is the 5B naira monthly IGR? Where's the waste recycling plant he promised to build? Where is the industries he promised to attract foreigners to build? Am just tired of nigerian politics honestly. If you look at where we are, the pace of movement of the govt and where they promised to take us to, you go just weak. I dont have energy to argue, if you think he did well then good. If you think he performed below expectation and needs to improve, that's also good.
Don’t worry I won’t refer to how much FG gives them. Mention the governors let’s conpare.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.