Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2070917 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by JohnIGWE: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Too much hate from all the efulefus claiming to be Anambrarians.

MOTIVATIONAL FRIDAY: ONE GOOD TURN

During the Nigeria-Biafra war, many Igbo people fled other parts of the country for the East because they were being killed and massacred wantonly and the Federal Military Government was doing nothing about it.

Many abandoned their homes, properties, and businesses for safety. Of them, was a young Igbo architect who had a young Yoruba banker as a neighbour in Apapa, Lagos. He also abandoned his home, and with his family, fled for the East.

However, the young Yoruba banker, while the war lasted, rented out his neighbour's house and kept every kobo for him while he was in the East.

In 1970, after the war had ended, the Igbo architect returned to Lagos and the Yoruba banker handed over the entire proceeds of the rent, and also the house, to the Igbo architect.

Some few years later, the Igbo architect became the Vice President of Nigeria and the Yoruba banker established a commercial bank; the first by a private citizen in the country's history.

However, he could not get a license to begin banking operations. Many people were against him because it was unheard of at the time.

At this time, the banker remembered his neighbour who was now the Vice President and tracked him to the Christ Church Cathedral, Marina, Lagos on a particular Sunday. He had tried to get an appointment to see him in his office but it was without success.

He and his wife then decided to go lay an ambush for him at the Church but the security men would not allow them around the Vice President. The couple then decided to sit by the pew close to the aisle to beat the security in the hope that the Vice President would see them while he walked to the front row. Yet, he still didn't see them.

After the church programme, they positioned that he will see them on his way out. However, the people following him out and the security men blocked his view. That was when the banker's wife decided to take a risk and like the woman with the issue of blood, pulled the Vice President's attire to get his attention who then turned and saw his old friend and his wife.

The young banker then narrated his plight and told the Vice President how he had tried to see him and what he needed to see him for. He told him about his application for a bank licence.

“Don’t worry about that. Just come tomorrow at the Federal Executive Council meeting which I would preside because President Shehu Shagari would not be there,'' the Vice President assured him.

At 3.00 pm the next day, the Finance Minister called the banker on the telephone that his licence was ready. The rest they say is history.

That young banker was Otunba Michael Olasubomi Balogun while the architect in this narrative was one of Africa’s elder statesmen and former Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Alex Ekwueme. The bank is what is now First City Monument Bank (FCMB).

One good turn truly deserves another and it is good to love our neighbours as ourselves.

Have a historic week ahead. #History

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Malawian(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
sassysure:

Hi bros, at least you are closer to these people a bit.

Is there a way u can tell these people who make bottled palm oil to start making palm fruit concentrate?
Let me post a picture here.

It will be a massive hot cake.

This one is from Ghana. We use it to prepare ofe akwù
Instead of people buying akwù and going through the process of cooking and etc, this is a better alternative. Can be used for soups or jollof rice akwù
Igbo men don already dey reason this your concept. Very soon e go happen grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
teresades:
The imposters are at it again with the same old tricks. Why are the mods not permanently deleting these mischief accounts?

I think every sensible person here should start reporting these derailing comments.

Chino is an utterly hopeless human being. I rarely visit any South East threads on Nairaland these days just because of his existence, because he has been very successful in rendering all of them unsuited for any cogent discourse by grown-ups and it's hard not to be distracted by his derailing of threads with his idiocy. He's either a 10-year-old whose parents haven't taken away his gadgets from him (but I know many pre-adolescent kids and it's insulting to them to compare them with Chino) or a demented buffoon who needs serious psychiatric intervention. I would pity him, but my pity is subsumed by the deep contempt I have for him. I leave this threads for months hoping he'd somehow bore off and find another hobby, but I occasionally peek in every few months and still see he lives to terrorize every Igbo-related thread on Nairaland. Something seriously has to be done about the standards of moderation on this forum.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
Malawian:

Igbo men don already dey reason this your concept. Very soon e go happen grin grin

grin
It's good na.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by somalianprince: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
You are a demented hopeless frustrated buffoon

Your demented useless father is a worthless buffoon

Your demented hopeless mother is a useless buffoon

Every member of your families are demented hopeless buffoons.

I spit on you and your parents. Chino is not the reason ou are useless and hopeless in life.

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Chino is an utterly hopeless human being. I rarely visit any South East threads on Nairaland these days just because of his existence, because he has been very successful in rendering all of them unsuited for any cogent discourse by grown-ups and it's hard not to be distracted by his derailing of threads with his idiocy. He's either a 10-year-old whose parents haven't taken away his gadgets from him (but I know many pre-adolescent kids and it's insulting to them to compare them with Chino) or a demented buffoon who needs serious psychiatric intervention. I would pity him, but my pity is subsumed by the deep contempt I have for him. I leave this threads for months hoping he'd somehow bore off and find another hobby, but I occasionally peek in every few months and still see he lives to terrorize every Igbo-related thread on Nairaland. Something seriously has to be done about the standards of moderation on this forum.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

Really the standard of moderation is really sickening. undecided The thing is not funny at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by tchainssavage(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2020
How can 15 story building be the tallest in the whole of south east embarassed embarassed
let anambra pls work on skyline project

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Behind E Library Awka

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by tchainssavage(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
post=91608185:
Behind E Library Awka
the building are great but the environment ain't cool
pls show us skyscrapers

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
Beautiful buildings everywhere but Obiano fall short in environmental beautification.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
A piece of Eagle Hill Estate Awka. Powered by Annie Okonkwo

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
Dubai Estate Awka , another ongoing upscale neighbourhoo. Powered by GSS group

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Dubai estate Awka

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla07: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
post=91527947:

Anambra is leading state in lubricants production after Lagos Sea horse lub AZ oil lub Ibeto oil lub Stanel oil lub Jezco oil Whiz oil Dozzy powerflow engine oil and others

Oyoyo engine oil Best power engine oil Newstar engine oil

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by tchainssavage(m): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seahorse anambra
roban stores awka
st patrick church awka

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kingzizzy: 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

By Annie Okonkwo? Is he now into construction?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
kingzizzy:

By Annie Okonkwo? Is he now into construction?

Yeah I think so.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Klinee: 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
I think that is what our politicians should be doing at least to neutralize the effort of the normal Anambra businessmen, not to be packing and using Anambra money to development other states.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 12:28am On Jul 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Very modern and beautiful but do you notice the absence of tree/grass. The road is equally poor. We need to be more aggressive with infrastructures, the state is exploding.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by somalianprince: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Beautiful development. This is another Awka Millennium City in the making. Guys just dey mint beautiful neighbourhoods all over Awka. Very commendable

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by somalianprince: 6:49am On Jul 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

Annie Okonkwo really tried. Beautiful neighbourhoods everywhere in Awka. Cool

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2020
Honestly I love what I see....the estate is quite impressive....thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2020
Airport project construction morning and night cc from facebook friend wall

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2020
M

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2020
O ganiru Anambra ka anyi na ayo!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Ceegar01:
Airport project construction morning and night cc from facebook friend wall

Massive

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.