Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2061759 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 8:24am On Feb 14, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
Pictures from Accessmore with Stanel holden at Stanel Dome Awka

Who is that beautiful lady standing beside our next governor? Is she with ABS?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2021
CEO of Airpeace Dr Allen Onyema speaking at Accessmore Stanel Masterclass Session In Awka

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

Ozu pretending to be who he is not.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2021
Pictures from Accessmore with Stanel holden at Stanel Dome Awka

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

Most likely
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 9:23am On Feb 14, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Ozu pretending to be who he is not.

Hey I don't know who you are but this word you typed will follow you for the rest of your life. Don't take my word for it. Just watch your life henceforth.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

Most likely

I heard that our next governor was the cynosure of attention at the event. Those other politicians who came were there because they just wanted to get the attention he brought with him his presence.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

Hey I don't know who you are but this word you typed will follow you for the rest of your life. Don't take my word for it. Just watch your life henceforth.

Onwu, it took you time to start looking for answers and ended with rhetoric...Onwu.

Mtcheew
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:07am On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Your "typo" made your sentence grammatically incorrect, so those are not mutually exclusive concepts. So everytime you want to chest-beat about your intellect, it's a very good idea not to make yourself look even more of a half-wit than you already do with poor grammar.
Again, the writer does not have to write an essay specifically on Anambra for it to apply to this thread. He's a Yoruba man whose critique was obviously more focused on South West states than other regions. This is like problem-solving algorithms. The input variables and datasets may change, but the solutions to a particular category of problems would be solved by applying the same algorithm. For some reason, you're too much of a half-wit to understand this elementary concept. The writer and other interviewed stakeholders made it clear that only Lagos and Abuja international airports are viable (with Port Harcourt not too far behind) while the rest are just liabilities draining tax-payer resources and that existing airports should be consolidated upon rather than licensing new ones built by other states. This is obviously relevant to Anambra to anybody who has Primary School level English comprehension. Are you really such a window-licking dunce that you can't understand how it applies? Hilarious. grin

No, your ranting is not productive cos you're a nonentity on the internet. Obiano didn't tell you he's building an airport because he listened to internet nonentities ranting about airport. I don't really care if you don't want to hear what I have to say about the airport. Uncouth riffraff on Nairaland don't determine what I choose to comment on.

But you already dabbled into comparing Ogun and Anambra because your ego as a primitive Anambra supremacist was hurt by my pointing out that Ogun - which doesn't need an airport - will comparatively need one more than Anambra, which made you start denigrating Ogun and you're now running from it after your attempt to denigrate Ogun was given short shrift.
If you're are not stupid go and study recent GDP, to know why Anambra has larger economy than Ogun, services contributes more to Nigeria's economy more than industrial sector, Anambra is one of the leading states in services, Ogun state is two states below Anambra state in economy, Anambra is commercial hub and doing credibly well in industrial and agro sector, Ogun is far below Anambra in commerce, Anambra has more population than Ogun, Anambra commercial sector absorb unemployed than Ogun, recent data clearly show Anambra rank lowest in unemployment index and low in poverty index, in Ogun outside areas that share boundaries with Lagos, the state is backward, Anambra is second most densely populated state after Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VicThory(m): 11:11am On Feb 14, 2021
post=99052797:

If you're are not stupid go and study recent GDP, to know why Anambra has larger economy than Ogun, services contributes more to Nigeria's economy more than industrial sector, Anambra is one of the leading states in services, Ogun state is two states below Anambra state in economy, Anambra is commercial hub and doing credibly well in industrial and agro sector, Ogun is far below Anambra in commerce, Anambra has more population than Ogun, Anambra commercial sector absorb unemployed than Ogun, recent data clearly show Anambra rank lowest in unemployment index and low in poverty index, in Ogun outside areas that share boundaries with Lagos, the state is backward, Anambra is second most densely populated state after Lagos.

Bro no be so. You're saying another thing entirely different from what they guy is saying. You're proving him right

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2021
Mechionu you don't know anything. Tell us how what the clown said and what said are the same?

[s]
VicThory:

Bro no be so. You're saying another thing entirely different from what they guy is saying. You're proving him right
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2021
Very correct

post=99052797:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2021
Anambrians are leading in transport sector
more than any state in Nigeria, Onitsha and Nnewi are major hub of commercial transporters and logistics after Lagos in Southern Nigeria , I trust my people we will replicate this in Umueri soon, there is no state in Nigeria you will not see commercial bus travelling to the state in Onitsha, my mother in-law travel from Imo to Onitsha to join bus going to her destination, I know of a friend that goes to Synagogue in Lagos, he enter bus from Lagos to Onitsha to join bus going to where he reside in Cameron, in Onitsha you see commercial bus going to routes in Ghana, Togo, Cameron etc, only fool will criticize Anambra Airport.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2021
I am quite optimistic of the various viable ecomonic channels Anambra Airport will bring. Trust me even our brethrens in d Diaspora can't wait to.

Everyone is now thinking on how to bring development to our dear state..in fact,d Diasporans are the ones carrying this thing 4 head pass those at home.

We are dealing with Angels and emissaries of positive development..not emissaries of rift and witchcraftcy whose only aim is to pull down great works going on in our dear state.

Great Anambra Diasporans daalu nuoo.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
I ask again, how close is that Anambra Cargo Airport to Onitsha. I hope it's very close. We Igbos need to do away with our clannish attitude and begin to think big. We need to built great cities and to do that, if possible, that Airport should be renamed Onitsha International Airport and all the areas between current Onitsha area to the airport should be grouped under Onitsha metropolitan area. We need to expand Onitsha beyond it's original limits in order to compete favourably.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks02: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
Afam4eva:
I ask again, how close is that Anambra Cargo Airport to Onitsha. I hope it's very close. We Igbos need to do away with our clannish attitude and begin to think big. We need to built great cities and to do that, if possible, that Airport should be renamed Onitsha International Airport and all the areas between current Onitsha area to the airport should be grouped under Onitsha metropolitan area. We need to expand Onitsha beyond it's original limits in order to compete favourably.

The Airport will be known as Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri via Aguleri. All towns in Anambra are independent of each other. Onitsha is already great and known. Other towns need to be great too.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

The Airport will be known as Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri via Aguleri. All towns in Anambra are independent of each other. Onitsha is already great and known. Other towns need to be great too.

This Onwu can you crawl back to Yorubaland and stop making stuuuppppiiidddd comments which you guys are known for anyway.....Udene.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
deomelo:

lmao @ sign board airport..

Even roadside uncompleted abandoned building is development.

Only in anambra village. grin

Otondo how far?

I hope Benin thunder has started scattering those teeth u used in laffing at d airport's signboard?!

Olóríburúkú

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
ECOB:
Obi1kenobi, funny thing about your argument about Anambra having a small landmass and hence doesn't need an airport but in support of Lagos in having 3 airports, shows that either you are naive, ignorant or completely envious of the Governor's achievement, cos its clearly you don't know that Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of landmass and yet you prefer Lagos to have 3 airports while Anambra that is bigger than Lagos have non. in population Lagos as a whole has an estimated population of 15million coming first in Africa, while Onitsha alone not the whole of Anambra is 7million coming 7th in the whole of Africa. and the latest statistic on FDI shows that Only 7 states attracted FDI, which Anambra is among, not even Enugu, nor Delta, nor Imo attracted such investment, doesn't that point to one thing?
Your argument is baseless!!

This is an absurd interpretation of my comment. A poster was pointing out Lagos are planning a 2nd airport to justify Anambra launching one and I pointed out that compared to Anambra needing one, Lagos would need even 3 considering the population of Lagos and the preponderance of affluent citizens of the state willing to patronize the airport. Lagos state generates over 55% of Nigeria's VAT single-handed, and accounts for over 50% of Nigeria's registered companies. About 60% of Nigeria's domestic air traffic flows through Lagos and over 70% of international traffic. Putting Anambra or any state in the same sentence as Lagos is laughabIe. never hedged that particular argument on landmass.

My point in mentioning Anambra's landmass was to show the accessibility of the surrounding airports in Delta, Imo and Enugu. And I was pointing out that if Onitsha metro residents cannot make Asaba airport viable, the notion that an Anambra airport will magically become viable is a hilariously fanciful self-delusion. Nothing (absolutely NOTHING) is stopping all those Onitsha or Nnewi businessmen from using Asaba airport. Nothing. Those that are not using it aren't because they have no use for air travel. Simple.

And Onitsha does not have 7 million people. I've seen that statistic several times and it's a fake stat. It's not credible at all.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yyeske:
Nna the hot money flowing into Anambra especially in real estate should be controlled, don't want a situation where say in 20 years time, the whole state will become a city like Lagos. The state government should have and plan for forest reserves.
I was on my way to Azia weeks ago for a function and couldn't believe a large junk of Oba is now what it is now. 4,5,6 storey buildings everywhere

Now in 2021 Estate biz is booming in Anambra. Our forests shouldn't disappear pls

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
post=99052797:

GDP is a very hard statistic to measure and includes a lot of projections - especially the services sector which is mostly informal, unlike the organized private sector. If NBS had put Ogun above Anambra, your type would still be the same to cry Yoruba bias. By measurable indices, Ogun, which is basically Lagos extension, is a more vibrant economy than Anambra - which is why it generates far higher IGR than Anambra. I also doubt Anambra has a bigger population than Ogun. Anambra's tiny landmass gives people the illusion that it is more populated than it actually is due to the population density, but if you look at statistics like Nigerian Communication Commission stats for number of active voice lines and data subscribers, Anambra does not even make Nigeria's top 10 and ranks far behind states like Ogun, Oyo, Rivers etc and even ranks behind states like Edo and our neighbors, Delta:
https://www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone
Nigeria has not done any census in over 14 years and we do not have accurate demographic data.

Whether you claim Ogun is backward outside boundary towns with Lagos is irrelevant. The fact is that those boundary towns with Lagos are still part of Ogun and Ogun collects taxes from the industries and residents there. And it is not even a true statement. I've been to Abeokuta and other than Onitsha it's more developed than any part of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yet another useless worthless post. Anambra international airport is gonna be Nigeria's busiest airport aside Lagos and Abuja. Why didn't you use the Nigeria Census records to determine the population? Ob1kenobi you are so empty. See how you are being dragged all over the mud. cheesy

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

GDP is a very hard statistic to measure and includes a lot of projections - especially the services sector which is mostly informal, unlike the organized private sector. If NBS had put Ogun above Anambra, your type would still be the same to cry Yoruba bias. By measurable indices, Ogun, which is basically Lagos extension, is a more vibrant economy than Anambra - which is why it generates far higher IGR than Anambra. I also doubt Anambra has a bigger population than Ogun. Anambra's tiny landmass gives people the illusion that it is more populated than it actually is due to the population density, but if you look at statistics like Nigerian Communication Commission stats for number of active voice lines and data subscribers, Anambra does not even make Nigeria's top 10 and ranks far behind states like Ogun, Oyo, Rivers etc and even ranks behind states like Edo and our neighbors, Delta:
Nigeria has not done any census in over 14 years and we do not have accurate demographic data. Whether you claim Ogun is backward outside boundary towns with Lagos is irrelevant. The fact is that those boundary towns with Lagos are still part of Ogun and Ogun collects taxes from the industries and residents there. And it is not even a true statement. I've been to Abeokuta and other than perhaps Onitsha it's comfortably more developed than any part of Anambra.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
Insane ob1kenobi here's the 2016 population census. Please check the top 10 states. Stop embarrassing yourself here, I used to think you were smart, never knew you were such a dumb dunce. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]GDP is a very hard statistic to measure and includes a lot of projections - especially the services sector which is mostly informal, unlike the organized private sector. If NBS had put Ogun above Anambra, your type would still be the same to cry Yoruba bias. By measurable indices, Ogun, which is basically Lagos extension, is a more vibrant economy than Anambra - which is why it generates far higher IGR than Anambra. I also doubt Anambra has a bigger population than Ogun. Anambra's tiny landmass gives people the illusion that it is more populated than it actually is due to the population density, but if you look at statistics like Nigerian Communication Commission stats for number of active voice lines and data subscribers, Anambra does not even make Nigeria's top 10 and ranks far behind states like Ogun, Oyo, Rivers etc and even ranks behind states like Edo and our neighbors, Delta:
Nigeria has not done any census in over 14 years and we do not have accurate demographic data.

Whether you claim Ogun is backward outside boundary towns with Lagos is irrelevant. The fact is that those boundary towns with Lagos are still part of Ogun and Ogun collects taxes from the industries and residents there. And it is not even a true statement. I've been to Abeokuta and other than Onitsha it's more developed than any part of Anambra[/s].
You rushed to report me to the mods after giving you a well deserved insult.. And to know we both traded insults and you were not banned and yet you continue constituting nuisance here..

Like I told you I dont want to derail this thread by comparing Anambra and Ogun but since you want to move mad.. Here's Labour force stats released last year by NBS. As you can see Anambra has more labour force than Ogun and yet Anambra still has more employed than Ogun.. This should be enough to shut you up if you have any sense...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
https://youtube.com/shorts/m1ykymjgMps
Level so far airport project

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
Anambra Government Felicitates with Dr Obiora Okonkwo on the Launch of United Nigeria Airlines

1. The Anambra State Government has noted with joy the launch on Friday, February 12, of Nigeria’s latest scheduled air carrier, United Nigeria Airlines, headed by a well-known business leader, Dr Obiora Okonkwo, who is also a worthy son of Anambra State. The inaugural flight took off from the domestic wing of Murtala Muhammed Airport in Ikeja, Lagos, and landed at Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu. Only a courageous and audacious entrepreneur can launch an airline anywhere in the world today in view of the state of the industry worldwide. The coronavirus pandemic has since last March dealt a serious blow to the airline sector in particular and the entire travel industry in general.
2. Dr Okonkwo deserves commendation for the bold move. He is following in the footsteps of another great ambassador of Anambra State, Chief Allen Onyema, chairman Air Peace Airlines, who is increasing his fleet from 27 to 40 aircraft, despite the current turbulent state of the global airline business. The Government and people of Anambra State are proud that while most airlines are struggling and making use of old and second-hand equipment, Air Peace is deploying brand new machines in its local, regional and international operations. We are supremely confident that United Nigeria Airlines will take the aviation industry by storm, as Air Peace has done since 2013, especially with regard to the safety record, schedule integrity and quality ground and inflight services.
3. The Government and people of Anambra State are happy that both United Nigeria and Air Peace are committed to the right values. While Air Peace is irrevocably committed to peace in Nigeria and elsewhere, United Nigeria Airlines is unabashedly dedicated to Nigeria’s unity and integration. Nigeria needs peace and unity more than other things at this point in its history. Without peace and unity, no nation can achieve progress. This is a profound point which such international statesmen as the Great Zik of Africa, Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King spent their noble lives trying to let the world appreciate. To be sure, both Dr Okonkwo and Chief Onyema are ahead of most people.
4. Much as United Nigeria Airlines has thus far demonstrated reasonable social consciousness, we would like to highlight to it a message which strikes a harmonious cord in the people of Anambra State and has become a key component of the strategy driving the phenomenal progress which our state has experienced in the last few years: Aku lue uno, or Think Home. Chief Onyema, for instance, has pledged to build a hanger at Anambra International Cargo Airport still under construction. The hanger will cause a lot of local and international carriers to bring their equipment to the airport for maintenance and repairs. What is more, Chief Onyema is already working with the Anambra State Government to get Embraer of Brazil, the world’s fourth largest airplane manufacturer, to locate a service centre for the African region at Anambra Cargo International Airport which will be commissioned later in the year.
5. Dr Okonkwo needs to consider making Anambra Airport the headquarters of his United Nigeria Airlines operations. When Sosoliso Airlines made Enugu, rather than Lagos or Abuja or any other place the hub of its operations in order to decentralize development in Nigeria, it turned out to be a critical success factor for the air carrier. Incidentally, both the Sosoliso chairman, Chief Victor Ikwuemesi, and Dr Okonkwo hail from Ogidi in Idemmili North Local Government Area and were the best of friends until Chief Ikwuemesi died last April in London.
6. United Nigeria Airlines is most likely to be a huge success, and the people and Government of Anambra State will be glad to work with it to achieve its goal. The carrier and its founder are worthy ambassadors of Anambra State.
God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation.
Signed
C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
The last 3 posts are just too much for useless frustrated mktinsight aka ob1kenobi to bear cheesy

Person no go play with una again? cheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

You rushed to report me to the mods after giving you a well deserved insult.. And to know we both traded insults and you were not banned and yet you continue constituting nuisance here..

Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't give your existence a second thought and I certainly didn't report you to anyone - and I've never infact wasted my time to report anyone on Nairaland. If Nairaland moderation worked, that demented, feral psychopath with many monikers who stinks up this thread will not continue to stink up the place. You're the 3rd person on this thread accusing me of something falsely: the first guy claimed he interacted with me on social media when I've not been active on my social media accounts for months; the 2nd one feeling like Sherlock Holmes claimed I'm mktinsight; now your own is that I reported you to the mods. grin What have you loons been smoking?

Like I told you I dont want to derail this thread by comparing Anambra and Ogun but since you want to move mad.. Here's Labour force stats released last year by NBS. As you can see Anambra has more labour force than Ogun and yet Anambra still has more employed than Ogun.. This should be enough to shut you up if you have any sense...

1) Those same stats show Imo state as having a bigger labour force than Anambra (yet, some people like to claim that Onitsha alone has 7 million people). Does that sound plausible to you? Until Nigeria does a comprehensive census (the last was the widely vilified exercise of 2006), demographic data should be taken with a pinch of salt cos it's obviously questionable how NBS sample and extrapolate their data. And we're usually the ones that complain when their data don't favor us, but shout loudest when it favors us.

2) Being more populated or having a bigger labor force does not necessarily translate to a bigger economy. Katsina has a bigger population than Anambra by all projections but it's a poor state that often generates less IGR than Ebonyi. And they have an airport built under Yar Adua with pitifully low traffic. Considering how many of the white collar, cosmopolitan, professional class in the organized private sector work in Ogun state due to the industries there, I'd argue they are the kind of people who are more likely to take flights than Anambra traders.

3) Why does Ogun state have double the active voice lines of Anambra according to NCC records? Ndi Anambra don't use phones? Ndi Anambra can't afford phones? Or is it just possible that Anambra's population is not what it's made out to be?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.