Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2067289 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I think anambra airport is being built as a small airport so will be easier to maintain. air travel is fast becoming a major means of travel in this country so more airports are needed. our road network is bad and if you say that it is hard to maintain airports, lemme tell you that it is harder to maintain highways. The governor's business is not with enugu, his business is to build an airport to connect the many travellers from anambra. enugu may not be far from anambra, but with the rubbish road network we have, I spent 4 hours trying to get to enugu airport from anambra.also, an airport in a way supports an economy, no one would site a corporate office in a state that has none. lastly, even major airports in the world run on losses, without Heathrow train service, the airport will be running on a loss. so they monopolized travel to the airport. with the rate of insecurity in Nigeria, I will like it if all the states in Nigeria have airports. additionally, Asaba airport is only close to onitsha and not to the rest of anambra.
Dont mind the village idiots... They think building airport is for airport sake, they dont know their is a value chain that comes with an airport and most of these have been lost to Enugu and elsewhere... Assuming the airport is not ongoing, I would have gladly joined this debate but we have moved past that phase now, let them go to the site and stop work if they are serious and stop ranting online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
More reason to continue and fast track the construction phase of that Airport. We dont have time to waste.

That Airport is even coming late...it should have been built way back in d 90's. Thank God evwryone is now coming home to buy land and live in the state called Anambra...no more running to uguawusa..those times have passed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
A visit to the Ebonyi thread...no one i mean no one is talking about Ebonyi airporrt construction being useless and such a waste of fund. But here in Anambra thread we have all the crack heads and drunks pulling this mighty project down. Thunder faya una there.

If u wish to keep traveling to Enugu or Asaba to board a flight...me i am tired of such trip,,be it short or long...i am not someone that enjoys stress,,life shouldnt be made hard cause I am a Nigerian. I need an airport in my state already. I dont want those hurdles of traveling somewhere else to board a flight. Sorry, it's energy sapping 4 me. I be Ajebo biko.

Who no like d airport...ya kwo ìsí na wall.

Obiano fire on!

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sistergal80:
A visit to the Ebonyi thread...no one i mean no one is talking about Ebonyi airporrt construction being useless and such a waste of fund. But here in Anambra thread we have all the crack heads and drunks pulling this mighty project down. Thunder faya una there.

If u wish to keep traveling to Enugu or Asaba to board a flight...me i am tired of such trip,,be it short or long...i am not someone that enjoys stress,,life shouldnt be made hard cause I am a Nigerian. I need an airport in my state already. I dont want those hurdles of traveling somewhere else to board a flight. Sorry, it's energy sapping 4 me. I be Ajebo biko.

Who no like d airport...ya kwo ìsí na wall.

Obiano fire on!
Some of these people are Peter Obi supporters that are being envious as usual Obiano did what their master couldnt do in 8 years. When Obiano did the Awka flyovers they came out to say the flyovers which is today the face of Anambra is not needed, then they said trucks cant use it and other nonsense, now they have moved on to the airport... Obiano really confused them so much by shutting the project out to the public, if not by now they would have raised many fake news to ridicule the project and that was why when that video was released they were speechless..

Let them keep ranting.. It changes nothing! Airport is on course

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
The Ebonyi, Abia thread is so deserted that they are all camping in this thread.

Abi e get any place wey sugar pour wey ant no dey gather there?

What does all these gimmicks,razzmatazz about an airport being a waste of fund tell you?

Anambra has got great potentials only if her resources are greatly harnessed. Willie is doing it and some pple are already losing sleep like Macbeth.

What saddens me is discovering that it's even the Igbos against their fellow igbos...again if u check very well the ones engaged in this nonsense arguments and noise about d airport being a misplaced priority are those "Lagos Ewedu Igbos"..tueh!

If u ain't pleased with the progression of the airport march to Umueri and disrupt ongoing activities there and see if Wilberforce wont order a shoot at sight.

Most of us don't care about who's in seat of power..we are just all for d development of Anambra state. It's due already!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Nwokem, stop deluding yourself with silly argument! Ordinarily i ignore people like you that it is obvious are motivated by primitive envy. But it is important to point out a few things because i have seen many like you here and even on facebook spilling bile just because a fellow state in the south east is finally getting an airport? Meanwhile every state in the south south has at least one airport! About 80 - 90% of states in the northwest, north central and even northeast have airport! Infact Anambra airport will only be the 3rd airport in the entire southeast region, which is the lowest number of airports among the 6 geopolitical regions! Some of you are truly pathetic.

Continuing to spew the drivel in the emboldened does not change the fact I'm from Anambra. Both paternal and maternal lineage from Oraukwu and Agulu. That you think this has anything to do with some state-vs-state e-battle doesn't mean I'm beholden to the same primitive, juvenile mindset. And in continuing to spew it, you continue to prove my point that for many of you, the relevance of the airport is all about your personal vanity rather than the common good of the state.
South South states have a lot of money to squander on white elephant capital projects which is why they are still shiitholes despite all the oyel money and huge state budgets. Our neighbors Delta built an airport that is under-utilized, a few minutes drive away from the commercial nerve centre of our state. You're making ridiculous comparisons, just the way you were comparing American states with Anambra. The SE landmass combined is smaller than a number of Northern states. You cannot compare the challenges of accessibility in the North due to the long distances with a tiny SE geopolitical region where Anambra is almost as small as many local governments in the North. There are Anambra residents within closer reach of 3 airports in Delta, Enugu and Imo than some residents of Kaduna are to their own state airport. The SE needs less airports than other regions because it is by far the smallest landmass in Nigeria and has the lowest population. Simple. You must not do something just because others are doing it regardless of the wisdom. But I have even applied the same standard to those other states by pointing out that an airport in unviable in the overwhelming majority of them.

Anyway, back to your argument;
Does Lagos have an airport? YES!
Is there any part of Lagos beyond 100 KM from the Lagos airport? No!
If Lagos did not have an airport with its economic indices and an airport exists in Ibadan, Would Lagos build an Lagos airport? YES!!! For a FACT!
In fact, Lagos is planning a SECOND International airport at Eko Atlantic city and it is well deserved if that city takes off.

Lagos would need 3 airports before a state like Anambra will need even one. If you live in Lagos Island/VI/Lekki, you live a longer distance from the Lagos airport in Ikeja than Anambra residents in major population centres like Onitsha (and extensions of Onitsha metro into Idemili) and Nnewi live from Asaba. I've not even spoken of Lagosians that live in places like Badagry, Epe, Ikorodu etc.

So why are you twisting your head comparing apples and oranges, and thinking we are all brain dead that can't tell the difference? Again the same argument was made against owerri airport with many like you saying it will cause PH and Enugu airports to close down. Did Owerri airport cause Enugu and PH airports to close down? When ASUTECH was established in 1980s, many similarly called creation of state universities the "proliferation of universities" when Nigerians had not filled the quota capacity of UNN. Today, the same people are calling for more federal universities in their new states claiming the existing STATE universities are insufficient! Mind you, the same state university was a campus of ASUTECH! Do you now get where i am going? Out of respect, i will not mention the name of the politician.

I've not made this argument anywhere, so I'm not sure why you keep inventing a strawman and arguing against the strawman. My argument is simple: we don't need more unviable airports and we're well served by the airports around the state, and there is no shortage of critical infrastructure to prioritize over vanity projects like airports. Every single state that builds white elephant airport projects always claim that it will transform their state like magic. Every single one of them claim the same thing. It's a lie and fanciful delusion. Cynics would go further to say that such vanity projects are a way for corrupt politicians and contractors to profit from the state treasury.

NO IGBOMAN SHOULD CASTIGATE ANY DEVELOPMENT IN IGBOLAND JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT IN HIS STATE. Afterall, Stella Oduah fought for Enugu airport to become international and she is still paying the price for the bitterness it generated with other tribes in Nigeria. Let us learn to appreciate and support good things wherever we see them in Igboland, and stop joining those with hidden agenda to make Igboland the backyard of Nigeria without airports, seaport or any critical infrastructure whatsoever.

Since in your mind, Igbo nation deserves only one airport at Enugu, why don't you simply advice the Enugu state government to build the expressway from Ugwuoba to Enugu so that coming from Anambra will be easier? In any case, it will cost more than N100 billion to build that distance of expressway which is clearly beyond the financial capacity of Enugu state unless Nigeria is restructured so that states collect taxes on a lot of things and toll gates.

Enugu will always be the capital of Igboland and No airport or mansion built outside Enugu is big or important enough to take that away. But we should be happy to see development in all parts of Igboland. Knowing that we live in a country with deliberate conspiracy to make Igboland the Poto-poto capital of Nigeria. But they are not God! That is why i also support the development of an Ebonyi International airport because it will boost the development of Ebonyi state. i would be at the forefront to encourage the next Abia Governor to prioritize an airport somewhere between Aba - Umuahia to also support speedy access to the state. I would support regional railway network as the Federal Government has refused to build any railway in Igboland. But prefers to build it in a foreign country Niger Republic!

Like all fair-minded onye Igbo, you should be happy that infrastructure denied the southeast by the oppressive federal government is finally being built by the state! Just see how you delude yourself turning and twisting deluded arguments to find any reason to justify the injustice that Anambra does not deserve an airport? It's shameful bro that any Igboman should reason like that. Just too shameful. I hate that i had to reply you in social media too. It's totally repugnant for me to address this behavior in public. [/i]

Stella Oduah was a corrupt failure of a minister who did an embarrassing, shoddy job on airport renovations and was fired in disgrace. In a country where people are held accountable, she'd be spat on when she appears in public, but we worship our oppressors as long as their play on our sentiments evoking their tribe and/or religion.
And yes, Enugu should build its stretch of the expressway. I'm not sure why you think that is a point of dispute. No, it won't cost more than 100 billion to build that stretch of road. No, an Ebonyi airport won't boost the development of Ebonyi state and will only drain taxpayer resources and bankrupt the state. Ebonyi may be the last state in the whole of Nigeria that needs an airport. Yes, the FG should connect SE towns of strategic economic importance to the rail map. No, I'm not happy that the state is building what the FG denied us. They're squandering taxpayer money on vanities when there are more critical infrastructure that should be prioritized which would have a far greater impact on the common man in Anambra.

And I'm not sure who you think you replied on social media, but I can guarantee you it's not me.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
globemoney:

You are the clown and your brain is the failure here.. Why are you crying over an airport almost completed. Where in the article did the yoruba writer analyze why Anambra does not need an airport like he did for ogun and Ekiti..

Who said the writer analyzed Anambra? What he said about the majority of unviable airports apply to Anambra and that's what anyone with comprehension skills would understand I was alluding to, but you're obviously not too gifted in that department.
Funny enough, Ogun state that he mentioned as unviable need an airport more than Anambra. It's Nigeria's industrial capital and consistently ranks as Nigeria's top destination for foreign investment.

Instead of ranting here, you know the site to the airport, why not team up with your fellow losers and enemies of progress mktinsight, IDENNAA (from plateau state) and others, mobilize and go and stop work there... Stop disturbing our peace here... Your opinion is uselesss.... The stage we are in now is who to name the airport after and it must be named after Obiano so when you losers finally make use of the airport your conscience will choke you!

Yes, my "ranting" here is useless. By that standard, this entire thread is useless and all your posts, including this one, are equally useless, but that contradiction doesn't seem to be something you can process with your low wit.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
And who fucking cares if ur umbilical cord was tied to an ube tree in Anambra...we don't want 2 know where you're from. No wonder d Obiano supporters insult you pple like raving lunatics cause some of u are moving like a blood sucking anti progress witches and demons.

Ogun state needs airport more than Anambra scatter ur brain cells there! Ominiknowest,Airport location lunatic guru,failed airport analysts.

My happiness is that ur rant cant even stop the construction...d more u rant,d more rods are connected in d site,d more roads are tarred in the site,d more the terminal gets a face lift,d more d crane reaches the control tower for more work.

Like i said if ever u step foot in that airport after its construction for anything...may ur limbs breakdown

Keep sipping your tears...Ntoor!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Continuing to spew the drivel in the emboldened does not change the fact I'm from Anambra. Both paternal and maternal lineage from Oraukwu and Agulu. That you think this has anything to do with some state-vs-state e-battle doesn't mean I'm beholden to the same primitive, juvenile mindset. And in continuing to spew it, you continue to prove my point that for many of you, the relevance of the airport is all about your personal vanity rather than the common good of the state.
South South states have a lot of money to squander on white elephant capital projects which is why they are still shiitholes despite all the oyel money and huge state budgets. Our neighbors Delta built an airport that is under-utilized, a few minutes drive away from the commercial nerve centre of our state. You're making ridiculous comparisons, just the way you were comparing American states with Anambra. The SE landmass combined is smaller than a number of Northern states. You cannot compare the challenges of accessibility in the North due to the long distances with a tiny SE geopolitical region where Anambra is almost as small as many local governments in the North. There are Anambra residents within closer reach of 3 airports in Delta, Enugu and Imo than some residents of Kaduna are to their own state airport. The SE needs less airports than other regions because it is by far the smallest landmass in Nigeria and has the lowest population. Simple. You must not do something just because others are doing it regardless of the wisdom. But I have even applied the same standard to those other states by pointing out that an airport in unviable in the overwhelming majority of them.

Lagos would need 3 airports before a state like Anambra will need even one. If you live in Lagos Island/VI/Lekki, you live a longer distance from the Lagos airport in Ikeja than Anambra residents in major population centres like Onitsha (and extensions of Onitsha metro into Idemili) and Nnewi live from Asaba. I've not even spoken of Lagosians that live in places like Badagry, Epe, Ikorodu etc.

I've not made this argument anywhere, so I'm not sure why you keep inventing a strawman and arguing against the strawman. My argument is simple: we don't need more unviable airports and we're well served by the airports around the state, and there is no shortage of critical infrastructure to prioritize over vanity projects like airports. Every single state that builds white elephant airport projects always claim that it will transform their state like magic. Every single one of them claim the same thing. It's a lie and fanciful delusion. Cynics would go further to say that such vanity projects are a way for corrupt politicians and contractors to profit from the state treasury.

Stella Oduah was a corrupt failure of a minister who did an embarrassing, shoddy job on airport renovations and was fired in disgrace. In a country where people are held accountable, she'd be spat on when she appears in public, but we worship our oppressors as long as their play on our sentiments evoking their tribe and/or religion.
And yes, Enugu should build its stretch of the expressway. I'm not sure why you think that is a point of dispute. No, it won't cost more than 100 billion to build that stretch of road. No, an Ebonyi airport won't boost the development of Ebonyi state and will only drain taxpayer resources and bankrupt the state. Ebonyi may be the last state in the whole of Nigeria that needs an airport. Yes, the FG should connect SE towns of strategic economic importance to the rail map. No, I'm not happy that the state is building what the FG denied us. They're squandering taxpayer money on vanities when there are more critical infrastructure that should be prioritized which would have a far greater impact on the common man in Anambra.

And I'm not sure who you think you replied on social media, but I can guarantee you it's not me.

Bro common sense is not common and you made a lot of sense.

To me the issue about all these local airports in Nigeria is all about profitability. The US has thousands of airports and they all serve different purposes and are viable for domestic operation because the GDP per capita of the USA is 65,000 dollars. Nigerias GDP per capita is less than 3 000 dollars.

The average cost of a seat on a plane is 35 dollars per hour or 16,450 naira. With taxes the average 1 hour round trip plane ticket in America costs around 100 dollars or 47,000 naira. For an average American 100 dollars is 1 days pay. For an average Nigerian 47k is one month's pay. This is why the whole Nigeria does not see more than 10m airline passengers per year while the US does 850m airline passengers.

With such low traffic most Nigerian airports are basically on life support and rely on government subsidy. It's why they are rarely upgraded and why equipment becomes obsolete and runways start collapsing once they are built. Last time I came into Nigeria you could see the plastic flaps of the baggage carousel at MMIA was over 25 years old and the tiny motor struggled to cope. Many airports have long ago switched off air conditioning because they can't even pay the high electricity bill required.

This is what ANSG is embarking on and the thing with government is they never calculate well or plan well otherwise you ask these questions before you embark on a project in order not to be embarrassed afterwards like Okowa with Asaba airport or all those useless airports in the north.

I wish Anambra airport well and expect the next governor to cushion the financial burden by either privatizing it or handing it back to FAAN.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 12:26am On Feb 13, 2021
Sistergal80:
The Ebonyi, Abia thread is so deserted that they are all camping in this thread.

Abi e get any place wey sugar pour wey ant no dey gather there?

What does all these gimmicks,razzmatazz about an airport being a waste of fund tell you?

Anambra has got great potentials only if her resources are greatly harnessed. Willie is doing it and some pple are already losing sleep like Macbeth.

What saddens me is discovering that it's even the Igbos against their fellow igbos...again if u check very well the ones engaged in this nonsense arguments and noise about d airport being a misplaced priority are those "Lagos Ewedu Igbos"..tueh!

If u ain't pleased with the progression of the airport march to Umueri and disrupt ongoing activities there and see if Wilberforce wont order a shoot at sight.

Most of us don't care about who's in seat of power..we are just all for d development of Anambra state. It's due already!

Hoo Haa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 12:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]Who said the writer analyzed Anambra? What he said about the majority of unviable airports apply to Anambra and that's what anyone with comprehension skills would understand I was alluding to, but you're obviously not too gifted in that department.
Funny enough, Ogun state that he mentioned as unviable need an airport more than Anambra. It's Nigeria's industrial capital and consistently ranks as Nigeria's top destination for foreign investment.

Yes, my "ranting" here is useless. By that standard, this entire thread is useless and all your posts, including this one, are equally useless, but that contradiction doesn't seem to be something you can process with your low wit.[/s]
I have always known you to be very dumb but you continue getiing worst. The writer specifically mentioned Ogun and Ekiti, you should have asked him for a rejoinder to add Anambra before bringing the post here on Anambra thread..

My ranting has been very productive because Ive always asked for an Airport in Anambra which is now in progress while you on the other hand is here huffing and puffing over a project thats almost done and dusted..

You are nothing but an enemy of progress take your witchcraft out of here... An Anambra man just launched his airline in Enugu airport today, added to a big player on the sector, Air Peace and a fool like you thinks Ogun that survives on Lagos economy needs airport more than Anambra. Kitikpa racha gi anya there.. Ewu!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:08am On Feb 13, 2021
globemoney:

I have always known you to be very dumb but you continue getiing worst. The writer specifically mentioned Ogun and Ekiti, you should have asked him for a rejoinder to add Anambra before bringing the post here on Anambra thread..

1) At least, try to be grammatically correct before calling people "dumb".
2) I didn't bring any post here. I quoted someone else who did.
3) Anambra not being mentioned in a piece is irrelevant to the salient issues raised in the piece which applies to Anambra no less than it applies to many other states on that article.
You're just frothing in the mouth like some rabid dog, but I can't even make out anything coherent from your ramblings.

My ranting has been very productive because Ive always asked for an Airport in Anambra which is now in progress while you on the other hand is here huffing and puffing over a project thats almost done and dusted..

You are nothing but an enemy of progress take your witchcraft out of here... An Anambra man just launched his airline in Enugu airport today, added to a big player on the sector, Air Peace and a fool like you thinks Ogun that survives on Lagos economy needs airport more than Anambra. Kitikpa racha gi anya there.. Ewu!

Your ranting is not productive cos no stakeholder of any relevance shaping public policy and governance knows of your existence. In criticizing the value of a project, I have not arrogated any power to myself to stop the project. So again, I can't make out anything coherent from your ramblings.
And yes, Ogun needs an airport more than Anambra. You can rave all you want in your jealousy about how it "survives on Lagos economy" but it's still a verifiable fact that Ogun state is Nigeria's industrial capital and the premium destination for foreign investment in Nigeria, and the biggest producer of solid minerals in Nigeria, and Nigeria's main gateway to West Africa, and the home of Ijebus, the most successful sub-ethnicity in Nigeria. Your rabid foaming in the mouth does not alter that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 1:09am On Feb 13, 2021
Mr. Obi1kenobi and his fellow ffools

After spewing rubbishh, then you come and stop work at our airport site, and demolish, the ones that has been built already
Anụ

Be killing your self on an airport that's nearing completion and commissioning, ediots.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 1:39am On Feb 13, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

1[s]) At least, try to be grammatically correct before calling people "dumb".
2) I didn't bring any post here. I quoted someone else who did.
3) Anambra not being mentioned in a piece is irrelevant to the salient issues raised in the piece which applies to Anambra no less than it applies to many other states on that article.
You're just frothing in the mouth like some rabid dog, but I can't even make out anything coherent from your ramblings. The ignoran writer even said

Your ranting is not productive cos no stakeholder of any relevance shaping public policy and governance knows of your existence. In criticizing the value of a project, I have not arrogated any power to myself to stop the project. So again, I can't make out anything coherent from your ramblings.
And yes, Ogun needs an airport more than Anambra. You can rave all you want in your jealousy about how it "survives on Lagos economy" but it's still a verifiable fact that Ogun state is Nigeria's industrial capital and the premium destination for foreign investment in Nigeria, and the biggest producer of solid minerals in Nigeria, and Nigeria's main gateway to West Africa, and the home of Ijebus, the most successful sub-ethnicity in Nigeria. Your rabid foaming in the mouth does not alter that fact.[/s]
Look at this dumb idiot telling me about grammar. Do you understand there's a difference between grammar and typo? You really have to forgo that area because you can tie my shoelace on that!!
The writer specifically listed Ekiti and Ogun, so how does the article apply to this thread... Is this Ekiti or Ogun thread? Does Anambra share any likeness with Ekiti or Ogun?

My ranting is very much productive since the Governor listened to we progressives and gave us the well needed airport while you are here wasting your time over something already work in progress... No one wants to hear your thoughts, its already late, go back to your village and look for something productive to do instead of ranting over a spilled milk or just go to the site and stop the project so we can see how serious you are as a stakeholder. Since you dont want to understand that we dont want to hear your boring theories about why Anambra does not need an airport..

Take your foolish rants out of here...

I will not dabble into comparing Ogun and Anambra which is what you are trying hard to do to deflect.. Open another thread then we can do that..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Philipxxxx0: 7:23am On Feb 13, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Bro this airport has been build at 30 to 40 percent, it cant stop now, let focus on something that will make the state great, am tired of talking about this Airport in this thread.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pass11: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2021
globemoney:

Some of these people are Peter Obi supporters that are being envious as usual Obiano did what their master couldnt do in 8 years. When Obiano did the Awka flyovers they came out to say the flyovers which is today the face of Anambra is not needed, then they said trucks cant use it and other nonsense, now they have moved on to the airport... Obiano really confused them so much by shutting the project out to the public, if not by now they would have raised many fake news to ridicule the project and that was why when that video was released they were speechless..

Let them keep ranting.. It changes nothing! Airport is on course
Has trucks using the flyover now? Any flyover track can't use is a waste of public fund.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2021
globemoney:

Look at this dumb idiot telling me about grammar. Do you understand there's a difference between grammar and typo? You really have to forgo that area because you can tie my shoelace on that!!
The writer specifically listed Ekiti and Ogun, so how does the article apply to this thread... Is this Ekiti or Ogun thread? Does Anambra share any likeness with Ekiti or Ogun?

Your "typo" made your sentence grammatically incorrect, so those are not mutually exclusive concepts. So everytime you want to chest-beat about your intellect, it's a very good idea not to make yourself look even more of a half-wit than you already do with poor grammar.
Again, the writer does not have to write an essay specifically on Anambra for it to apply to this thread. He's a Yoruba man whose critique was obviously more focused on South West states than other regions. This is like problem-solving algorithms. The input variables and datasets may change, but the solutions to a particular category of problems would be solved by applying the same algorithm. For some reason, you're too much of a half-wit to understand this elementary concept. The writer and other interviewed stakeholders made it clear that only Lagos and Abuja international airports are viable (with Port Harcourt not too far behind) while the rest are just liabilities draining tax-payer resources and that existing airports should be consolidated upon rather than licensing new ones built by other states. This is obviously relevant to Anambra to anybody who has Primary School level English comprehension. Are you really such a window-licking dunce that you can't understand how it applies? Hilarious. grin

My ranting is very much productive since the Governor listened to we progressives and gave us the well needed airport while you are here wasting your time over something already work in progress... No one wants to hear your thoughts, its already late, go back to your village and look for something productive to do instead of ranting over a spilled milk or just go to the site and stop the project so we can see how serious you are as a stakeholder. Since you dont want to understand that we dont want to hear your boring theories about why Anambra does not need an airport..

Take your foolish rants out of here...

I will not dabble into comparing Ogun and Anambra which is what you are trying hard to do to deflect.. Open another thread then we can do that..

No, your ranting is not productive cos you're a nonentity on the internet. Obiano didn't tell you he's building an airport because he listened to internet nonentities ranting about airport. I don't really care if you don't want to hear what I have to say about the airport. Uncouth riffraff on Nairaland don't determine what I choose to comment on.

But you already dabbled into comparing Ogun and Anambra because your ego as a primitive Anambra supremacist was hurt by my pointing out that Ogun - which doesn't need an airport - will comparatively need one more than Anambra, which made you start denigrating Ogun and you're now running from it after your attempt to denigrate Ogun was given short shrift.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Cjrane2:

That obikenobi is the same eediot that calls himself mktinsight.

Read his poor grammar, and see that its exactly the same person with limited knowledge of English words and the same style of writing. Also , note mktinsight's style of cutting responses under too many quotes and writing irrelevantly long epistles that you'll wonder what point he is trying to make. It's the same brain dead guy. Yet, he always thinks that he is better than everybody.

If you're jobless enough to impersonate other people on the internet, you don't have to project those pathologies on other people. I rarely even comment here because the thread's most active participant is a demented cretin, with dozens of monikers, coddled by Anambra supremacist morons like yourself. To claim I'm mktinsight who wastes his time engaging the said demented cretin I alluded to is hilarious. You might think that inference makes you Sherlock Holmes but you look like an idiot with that claim.

You might be the first person in my life who has ever insulted me as having "poor grammar" and "limited knowledge of English words". grin The ridiculousness of the claim can only be explained by some kind of deep-seethed insecurity and projection of those insecurities. You have my sincere sympathies.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by martinect2803(m): 10:58am On Feb 13, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Sistergal80(m): 11:04am On Feb 13, 2021
Pls more pics of OUR Airport...so that some pple will wriggle like salted earthworm be4 their final death.

The progress of that airport will send some fools and enemies of Anambra to their early graves..Amen

Airport is a waste of fund kill u there...ur papa abi you yourself done build house 4 ur village?!

Empty Apapa Container!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2021
Pass11:
Has trucks using the flyover now? Any flyover track can't use is a waste of public fund.

Its not,.. Its a standard practice thats not peculiar to the Awka flyovers.. Most trucks find it difficult to climb these flyovers with their loads and end up obstructing traffic.. Read below

https://punchng.com/abiodun-bans-trucks-from-flyovers-as-three-die-in-ogun-tanker-explosion/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by martinect2803(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2021
Let us all stop the issue of this Airport, check the last 30pages, it's all about the airport. No matter the opinion one has about it, let's hope it gets completed, gets functional and begin to generate revenue to the state. Unless this thread is about updates of Anambra Airport.
There are more pressing issues in the state than the airport.
Nkpor Junction is the Headquarters of crime in the state. Two policemem were gunned down few weeks back, and policemen ran away from there. Till this very moment, people are being robbed day and night, and nothing is been done about it.
3.3 Road is impassable.
Owerri Road is a death drap.
From Bridge Head to all round Anambra is filled with uniformed touts. Upper Iweka through Owerri Road is worse.
General Hospital Onitsha charges 50k for Covid 19 test.
Wilberforce is in Texas.
Anambra Election is few months off, what is the way forward.
Some people bịa here ana akọ maka Airport some us may not even use till we die.
We are youths, and the future of this state, is this the way to go?
Can't we have a matured and genuine discussion without name calling?
Some people are already feeling superior over others because they can type better English.
Some claim to live Anambra more than the other.
Remember, our common enemy is the politicians, not us in the streets hustling.
Primus Odili bought a mansion in the US.
Uche Okafor is building a mansion in Banana Island.
Wilberforce and family has taken the Covid 19 vaccine.
James Eze is cashing out daily.
Christian Mmadubuko, the former Commissioner disappeared from this state.
James Eze, PA to Obiano is yet to be prosecuted.
There are more pressing issues than the Airport.
Stadium nkọ?
ICC kwanụ́?
When was the last time this administration commissioned a project?
Let's grow up and have a better discussion.
NB. You are free to call me names, my father too.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by FOXDOSSIER: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2021
Ob1kenobi, cry your bitter heart out. Anambra international airport is gonna be the busiest airport in Nigeria. Obi1kenobi once again cry and die, you can now see that everyone here have reject you. Now go home and cry some more because you have been rejected cheesy

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Askaskman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.