Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2072580 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2021
The way some people are attacking the Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri, it is clear that they are worried about the continued viability of nearby airports which depends a lot on wealthy Anambra customers to survive. Without federal funding, only the airport in Umueri and that in Port Harcourt can survive solely on customer patronage as far as SE/SS is concerned. But a time will come when the federal government will even abandon those airports and hand them back to states as plummeting revenues will cause the financial chokehold on the federal government to become unbearable. That's when neighbouring states will start traveling to Anambra for their International flights.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
OreMI22:
Did anyone notice that since the progress of this airport became a reality, they quickly revoked the Orient petroleum license to build a modular refinery?

One wonders what their game plans are really about .

Watching for the name of the Alhaji they will give Orient Petroleum refinery license. In Nigeria, the extreme belief that every business must be monopolized by one Alhaji is at the root of our inability to stay together as one country.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
The way some people are attacking the Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri, it is clear that they are worried about the continued viability of nearby airports which depends a lot on wealthy Anambra customers to survive. Without federal funding, only the airport in Umueri and that in Port Harcourt can survive solely on customer patronage as far as SE/SS is concerned. But a time will come when the federal government will even abandon those airports and hand them back to states as plummeting revenues will cause the financial chokehold on the federal government to become unbearable. That's when neighbouring states will start traveling to Anambra for their International flights.

Exactly! I have not seen one person that said their anger with this airport is because it was not viable. Their argument is typically, but there is an airport in Lagos, there is an airport in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Asaba.

Even though Asaba airport belongs to my state, I have lived so many years abroad to understand that the presence of a standard airport in Anambra complements it. For example, La Guardia and Newark airports in USA would have been nothing if there were no JFK. It is a result of insufficient landing slot at JFK that airlines go the La Guardia and Newark as alternative airports for those flying to New York. The same way Sharjah airport in UAE would have been totally unviable without the nearby Dubai airport that they complement each other. Just as Gatwick airport would have been nothing without Heathrow airport.

What happens is that as airports begin to grow, airlines look for nearby cities where they can land and still put their passengers within the vicinity of the market they are accessing. Without having to wait for hours for their passengers to disembark because the 3 luggage claim carousel is too small and the airport officials, airport staff and immigration are too few and cannot handle the previous 500 passengers that landed before them. We know that no airport in Nigeria can handle the volume of passengers when 3 airbus A380 planes land there in a space of 3 hours! Therefore, as the population of Nigeria continues to grow, major airlines begin to access nearby international airports where they can use and still land their passengers close enough to the location they desire. What i have explained here is unfathomable to a typical average Nigerian who has never lived abroad. But it is indeed how airlines choose their routes and what eventually plays out all the time in international civil aviation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
cjrane:

Exactly! I have not seen one person that said their anger with this airport is because it was not viable. Their argument is typically, but there is an airport in Lagos, there is an airport in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Asaba.

Even though Asaba airport belongs to my state, I have lived so many years abroad to understand that the presence of a standard airport in Anambra complements it. For example, La Guardia and Newark airports in USA would have been nothing if there were no JFK. It is a result of insufficient landing slot at JFK that airlines go the La Guardia and Newark as alternative airports for those flying to New York. The same way Sharjah airport in UAE would have been totally unviable without the nearby Dubai airport that they complement each other. Just as Gatwick airport would have been nothing without Heathrow airport.

What happens is that as airports begin to grow, airlines look for nearby cities where they can land and still put their passengers within the vicinity of the market they are accessing. Without having to wait for hours for their passengers to disembark because the 3 luggage claim carousel is too small and the airport officials, airport staff and immigration are too few and cannot handle the previous 500 passengers that landed before them. We know that no airport in Nigeria can handle the volume of passengers when 3 airbus A380 planes land there in a space of 3 hours! Therefore, as the population of Nigeria continues to grow, major airlines begin to access nearby international airports where they can use and still land their passengers close enough to the location they desire. What i have explained here is unfathomable to a typical average Nigerian who has never lived abroad. But it is indeed how airlines choose their routes and what eventually plays out all the time in international civil aviation.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
HUGE FISH BUSNESS & INDUSTRIAL POTENTIALS OF ANAMBRA STATE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360kfOSBDWM

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abnot: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
FOXDOSSIER:
Take this to the HSBC, Anambra international airport is gonna be the busiest airport in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos. There's no other airport in Nigeria that can match Anambra international airport in traffic flow.

Please take your envy and frustration out of this thread.

[s][/s]
My comment was strictly issue based . But you are now personalising things. How can I envy anambra ? Of what benefit is it to me ? Lagos and Abuja are miles ahead of anambra in aviation and that is the fact. It is not my doing . Don’t lash me over it . I’ve never even been to anambra. And for your information third position in Nigeria means nothing as Lagos/Abuja are not even performing as well as airports in Nairobi, Addis Ababa , Cairo & j’burg . We see your type every now and then who get annoyed easily upon hearing the truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stop spewing nonsense. You have never even been to Anambra but you are here telling us what you don't know. The person you quoted told you plainly that Anambra stands as the busiest airport in Nigeria outside Lagos and Abuja, but you are still spewing nonsense. Another state that's doing very well in aviation is Rivers state. I think the rating should be thus: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers and Anambra, in that order

[s]
abnot:

My comment was strictly issue based . But you are now personalising things. How can I envy anambra ? Of what benefit is it to me ? Lagos and Abuja are miles ahead of anambra in aviation and that is the fact. It is not my doing . Don’t lash me over it . I’ve never even been to anambra. And for your information third position in Nigeria means nothing as Lagos/Abuja are not even performing as well as airports in Nairobi, Addis Ababa , Cairo & j’burg . We see your type every now and then who get annoyed easily upon hearing the truth
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abnot: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
imaxdocuments:
Stop spewing nonsense. You have never even been to Anambra but you are here telling us what you don't know. The person you quoted told you plainly that Anambra stands as the busiest airport in Nigeria outside Lagos and Abuja, but you are still spewing nonsense. Another state that's doing very well in aviation is Rivers state. I think the rating should be thus: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers and Anambra, in that order

[s][/s]
I am from rivers state and visit there very often. Aviation is not viable in rivers state. Turkish air, Lufthansa and air France have never been able to fill up their flights from port harcourt . The cargo volume processed is below expectation (right from pre-covid days ) Airlines merge PH passengers with passengers from Abuja. At some point Air France and virgin Atlantic pulled out. Wike went to Addis Ababa with his team promising heaven and earth using this “third busiest” word . Ethiopian downgraded the equipment on that route from 787 to 737. Even that was not a success. I don’t need to be in anambra to know where anambra stands in the midst of Abuja and Lagos. On the political side there are challenges that may come up as aviation is one of the items on FG exclusive list . I can only be cautiously optimistic about the project . That does not mean I hate it as it has no effect or influence on me .

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Firstly you are not from Rivers, if not you wouldn't say that aviation is not viable there, because every available stats proves you so wrong.

PH international airport receives about 5 international airlines of which air France is one of them. How did you know that the international airlines have not been able to fill their jets? Were you inside all the planes? Do you have any evidence to prove this? PH international is the 3rd busiest in Nigeria

Stop lying to yourself because you know nothing about aviation.

[s]
abnot:

I am from rivers state and visit there very often. Aviation is not viable in rivers state. Turkish air, Lufthansa and air France have never been able to fill up their flights from port harcourt . The cargo volume processed is below expectation (right from pre-covid days ) Airlines merge PH passengers with passengers from Abuja. At some point Air France and virgin Atlantic pulled out. Wike went to Addis Ababa with his team promising heaven and earth using this “third busiest” word . Ethiopian downgraded the equipment on that route from 787 to 737. Even that was not a success. I don’t need to be in anambra to know where anambra stands in the midst of Abuja and Lagos. On the political side there are challenges that may come up as aviation is one of the items on FG exclusive list . I can only be cautiously optimistic about the project . That does not mean I hate it as it has no effect or influence on me .
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Faithful007: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
That was why I said U should ask NCAA boss Nuhu Musa and chairman nass committee on aviation Smart adeyemi also avaiton minister said so on October 2020 when his excellency Paid him a visit, so they are the ones that rated Anambra International Airport best Airport and second busiest airport in Nigeria when completed, go and ask them not me.

Also do you know that not Less than or more than 30% Passengers using Lagos and Abuja international Wing are Anambra indigines, also more than 50% of passengers arriving and departing at Asaba, Enugu, owerri, Lagos and Abuja local Airport wings are Anambra indigines and others heading to Anambra state.
Anambra is the most economic and vibrant busy state in SE and SS regions lemme not talk of other things.

Ok, these are what I'll call claims for now. Does LOS and ABV release stats concerning the ethnicity of passengers who transit through the respective airports or is there another place where you can source these figures out?

From my knowledge of the two airports stated earlier, the majority of the traffic generated (let's say about 75%) is local traffic, majority of which is between the two hubs (You can confirm from Flightradar24). The remaining percentage is contested between PHC, KAN, ENU and Owerri. PHC takes a larger percentage. So, I can make a good guess that about 10-15% traffic from Lagos and Abuja heads to Owerri and Enugu.

Now, assuming the upcoming airport cuts down this local traffic by half (Now I don't think this is likely), You have 5-7.5% expected traffic. This is nowhere near the 30% claim you made.

I understand that Anambra is the hub for goods and services into the SE region, but this doesn't translate into a very busy airport, only a little percentage of goods are transported by air freight.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abnot: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
imaxdocuments:
Firstly you are not from Rivers, if not you wouldn't say that aviation is not viable there, because every available stats proves you so wrong.

PH international airport receives about 5 international airlines of which air France is one of them. How did you know that the international airlines have not been able to fill their jets? Were you inside all the planes? Do you have any evidence to prove this? PH international is the 3rd busiest in Nigeria

Stop lying to yourself because you know nothing about aviation.

[s][/s]
You cannot tell me my state of origin when you don’t even know me or my name. You are living in the past. Air France pulled out of PH in March 2019 And as a fly blue member they sent me an email to that effect. If you are interested go and watch the session between Wike’s team and Ethiopian management in Addis Ababa where the chief commercial officer of Ethiopian mentioned that the average load factor on the being 737 from PH is 40%. If Turkish and Lufthansa are able to fill up their planes from port harcourt why do they both stop at Abuja to fill up their seats ? I cannot argue with you further on this . I am not one of those who will see something not doing well and say otherwise because it’s my state of origin. Since you cannot engage on an issue without attacking my person you can continue with others. I

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Faithful007: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
abnot:

You spoke my mind. We are all shouting resource control yet if FAAN asks every airport to sustain itself only Abuja and Lagos airports will survive. One of the reasons lagos airport is Wack is because revenue surplus from there is used to finance other unprofitable airports. State governments are just going all over the place building airports and asking for international flights. The minister of aviation has said he has many applications from foreign based airlines to operate into Lagos airport. When he suggests Kano or Enugu to them due to the congestion of Lagos airport they take a step back. In west Africa Lagos airport still generates the highest traffic . Someone told me two years ago that emirates , British airways and Lufthansa were anxiously waiting to operate into Enugu. I’m still waiting
I'm not against building airports. I'm only arguing against some extravagant claims that I met here. Airports, Seaports do not stimulate economic growth, they only facilitate economic development stimulated by a different factor. Lagos and Abuja are still the only profitable states in Nigeria with a higher standard of living, that's why everything sells, airport sells, real estate sells. Anambra is not doing badly financially, but extrapolations here are badly out of proportion sad

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stop claiming where you are not from, just to cover your tracks. This is from air France. Please tell why it is in their site. Except for the covid guidelines by the federal government, air France is still operating in PH international airport

[s]
abnot:

You cannot tell me my state of origin when you don’t even know me or my name. You are living in the past. Air France pulled out of PH in March 2019 And as a fly blue member they sent me an email to that effect. If you are interested go and watch the session between Wike’s team and Ethiopian management in Addis Ababa where the chief commercial officer of Ethiopian mentioned that the average load factor on the being 737 from PH is 40%. If Turkish and Lufthansa are able to fill up their planes from port harcourt why do they both stop at Abuja to fill up their seats ? I cannot argue with you further on this . I am not one of those who will see something not doing well and say otherwise because it’s my state of origin. Since you cannot engage on an issue without attacking my person you can continue with others. I
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
See them. So in your skewed opinion airport or seaport doesn't stimulate economic growth? Where are these people coming from?

[s]
Faithful007:
I'm not against building airports. I'm only arguing against some extravagant claims that I met here. Airports, Seaports do not stimulate economic growth, they only facilitate economic development stimulated by a different factor. Lagos and Abuja are still the only profitable states in Nigeria with a higher standard of living, that's why everything sells, airport sells, real estate sells. Anambra is not doing badly financially, but extrapolations here are badly out of proportion sad
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
They know what is coming up and rated it second busiest in Nigeria,

If FG is not afraid of Anambra outgrown Lagos, they would have dredge river Niger for a good seaport and also build an airport as they promised Since

Faithful007:
Ok, these are what I'll call claims for now. Does LOS and ABV release stats concerning the ethnicity of passengers who transit through the respective airports or is there another place where you can source these figures out?

From my knowledge of the two airports stated earlier, the majority of the traffic generated (let's say about 75%) is local traffic, majority of which is between the two hubs (You can confirm from Flightradar24). The remaining percentage is contested between PHC, KAN, ENU and Owerri. PHC takes a larger percentage. So, I can make a good guess that about 10-15% traffic from Lagos and Abuja heads to Owerri and Enugu.

Now, assuming the upcoming airport cuts down this local traffic by half (Now I don't think this is likely), You have 5-7.5% expected traffic. This is nowhere near the 30% claim you made.

I understand that Anambra is the hub for goods and services into the SE region, but this doesn't translate into a very busy airport, only a little percentage of goods are transported by air freight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Anambra airport will not be viable. I am sure of that. But as long as we land and take off from Umueri, no problem. It's not meant for the whole south east. It's for us.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Faithful007:

It depends on what the airport or seaport is for. The Lagos seaport is what turned Lagos from a fishing village to a major city. The Lagos seaport does billions of dollars in mostly imports. Same goes for Port Harcourt where Onne loads most of the crude exported to the rest of the world. But when you talk airports you talk business and tourism travel. Murtala Muhammed does only 3 million international passengers a year because the scope for trade remains small. Port Harcourt caters to senior oil and gas workers who are not many. Now If you want to see business travellers then New York - London is where you see loads of executives, managers, designers, etc. because New York alone has thousands of companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars with overseas supply chains and offices. The New York to London is a billion dollar corridor and I was at a point one of the business travellers who flew London, and Asia routes out of New York.

Its why the whole premise of business travel out of Anambra is iffy. Most of the trade movement into Main Market, Drugs Market, Building Materials is basic and is via Apapa. The business traffic via Air is not that significant and is less than 100,000 passengers a year.

Anambra should focus on things that build economic growth instead of shortcuts. Power, well organised cities, good schools, good roads and industry. Buying and selling is primitive and one needs to move up the value chain into industry and services.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
You have seen your fellow dumbo now you jumped out from your hole lol

Mktinsight the evil night owl, take it to.the HSBC, Anambra international airport is gonna be the busiest in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos

Anambra international airport is gonna be very viable because Anambra hosts the largest most organized industrial and commercial concerns in the entire east.

Anambra international airport is gonna be very viable because Anambra is the economic capital of the eastern Nigeria

Anambra international airport is gonna be very viable because Anambra has the lowest poverty rate and hosts the largest population with disposable income

Mktinsight, Anambra has well organised cities, good schools, good roads and industry. Anambra equally has the best and brightest human capital

Stop crying over this airport because you have failed and all your evil plots came to naught

[s]
mktinsight:

It depends on what the airport or seaport is for. The Lagos seaport is what turned Lagos from a fishing village to a major city. The Lagos seaport does billions of dollars in mostly imports. Same goes for Port Harcourt where Onne loads most of the crude exported to the rest of the world. But when you talk airports you talk business and tourism travel. Murtala Muhammed does only 3 million international passengers a year because the scope for trade remains small. Port Harcourt caters to senior oil and gas workers who are not many. Now If you want to see business travellers then New York - London is where you see loads of executives, managers, designers, etc. because New York alone has thousands of companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars with overseas supply chains and offices. I was at a point one of the business travellers who flew London, and Asia routes out of New York.ts why the whole premise of business travel out of Anambra is iffy. Most of the trade movement into Main Market, Drugs Market, Building Materials is basic and is via Apapa. The business traffic via Air is not that significant and is less than 100,000 passengers a year.Anambra should focus on things that build economic growth instead of shortcuts. Power, well organised cities, good schools, good roads and industry. Buying and selling is primitive and one needs to move up the value chain into industry and services.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Faithful007: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
imaxdocuments:
See them. So in your skewed opinion airport or seaport doesn't stimulate economic growth? Where are these people coming from?

[s][/s]
I don't get what you intend to achieve by crossing out my previous statement, so I'll just ignore that and go straight to your question.

Infrastructure generally is built to satisfy demand and not to generate it's own demand. So in that sense, it facilitates economic growth by some factor but no substantial economic growth on its own. Only industries can do that.

Now is there demand for the anambra airport? Maybe. Can it generate comparable traffic to Abuja? Nothing to prove that.

Where am I coming from? From Mars lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stop feigning ignorance. It has been stated here over and over that Anambra international airport will be the busiest airport in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos. Nobody has ever compared it to the kind of traffic in Abuja or Lagos. Face your backward state and leave Anambra people and their airport.

Faithful007:
I don't get what you intend to achieve by crossing out my previous statement, so I'll just ignore that and go straight to your question.nfrastructure generally is built to satisfy demand and not to generate it's own demand. So in that sense, it facilitates economic growth by some factor but no substantial economic growth on its own. Only industries can do that.Now is there demand for the anambra airport? Maybe. Can it generate comparable traffic to Abuja? Nothing to prove that.
Where am I coming from? From Mars lol

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
I will say Anambra and Abia state are living in denial
Anambra for example, a state where more than 60% of cargoes arriving in the country are going to yet federal government is doing nothing about it they are still playing politics about the seaport, despite all the economic activities happening. Now an international Cargo and Passengers Airport that's catalyst for economic growth and development is coming, out of ignorance people are saying alot of things.
Anambra State is the 4th industrialised in Nigeria after lagos, Ogun and PH. despite we don't have gas power station there are alot of industries in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and many town's some do called remote village, Anambra has the 4th largest economy in Nigeria and still struggling to be the second largest economy. Onitsha, Anambra is the commercial hub of West Africa (if not Africa), but we are being deny of it same as state with highest millionaire/bilonaires.
Like some people says this Airport is a game charger for Anambra state and South East at large

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
The airport is very necessary and will do a lot of good. The issue is will it be politicized and inconsistently functional like the Enugu Airport which is under full sabotage atm. We have reached the edge of the river in development as far as being in the Nigerian union. This is as far as a people can go under a government that's 100% against them. Everything beyond this will require independence as a people.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Folks take your time and read, ignorant mind will not understand the joy in minds
of great Anambarians and Igbos at large, we understand the multiple effects in different sectors in our economy, Anambra state without Airport racked 4th largest economy after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja by GDP, Anambra is third leading in services after Lagos and Rivers in south region, with this airport watchout Anambra in coming years

kindly read below to understand better

Anambra International Airport, Obiano's measure of greatness

WHEN Governor Willie Obiano assumed office as governor of Anambra State, on March 17, 2014, he articulated his vision as: “For the State to become the first choice investment destination and most preferred location to site new industries”.

This lofty vision, he said, should be anchored on four developmental pillars of agriculture, industrialisation, commerce/trade, oil/gas. He also conceptualised 12 enablers for achievement, and one of them is ‘airport’.

In actualising the ‘airport enabler,’ Governor Obiano could be compared to great men of history, one of them being Peter The Great of Russia. He came to the throne of Russia in 1689, and met Russia as an under-developed country, lagging behind England, Holland, Germany, etc.

At that time, it was Sea Power that reigned, and Russia had only one seaport, the Archangel Seaport at White Sea. Peter sought to increase his seaports and so conquered the Turks, and acquired the Azov Seaport in 1695. He arranged for technological transfer from England and Holland, who came and taught his people on ship-building.

He expanded the Azov Seaport to international standard. In 1697, he went to Holland and England and apprenticed himself to ship-building companies, and on return, created flourishing sea-ports, with efficient Navy, for security. Russia then became rich in maritime mercantilism and commercialisation.

When Obiano came to power in 2014, he realised that Anambra State is famous in trade/commerce and industrialization, which are among his development pillars. Onitsha, has the largest markets in Africa. Nnewi is christened as “Japan of Africa,” in manufacturing prowess.

The satellite towns of Onitsha, which are Nkpor, Obosi, Ogidi, among others have large markets. Nkpor has motor spare parts markets, Obosi has electrical markets, Ogidi has building materials markets, the Awka Capital City has educational establishments and flourishing markets, etc.

Obiano knew that airports are now superseding seaports in international transportation of cargo and passengers, and the clients of these sectors are business moguls, captains of industries, erudite academia, eminent scholars, legal luminaries, ingenious scientists, versatile engineers, ubiquitous politicians, wealthy bankers, enterprising traders, resourceful investors, church leaders, Pilgrims to Holy Lands of Jerusalem and Rome, adventurous tourists, international beauty contestants, etc. and these classes of people abound in Onitsha, Nnewi, Ogidi, Awka Capital Territory, Ekwulobia, Aguleri, Umunze, Nkpor, Obosi, etc.

In fact, the proximity of sources of raw materials and channels of distribution of goods form the determinant factors in sitting industries. That was why in 1885, British Government delegated the administration of Southern Provinces to the Royal Niger Company (RNC), and the company sited their headquarters at Asaba, present Delta State Capital. But in 1900, British Government sacked the RNC and took direct administration of Southern Provinces, transferred their headquarters to Onitsha.

Their reason was that the volume of trade was greater from Eastern Side of River Niger, where Onitsha is situated, than in Western Side of River Niger, where Asaba is situated. So, like his historical counterparts of Peter the Great of Russia in 1695, and the British colonisers in 1900, Obiano knew that the 181 communities in Anambra State, famous in all ramifications of human endeavors, have greater need of air transportation.

In addition to these variables, there are discoveries of petroleum in Enugu-Aguleri, gas in Igbariam, all in Anambra East Local Government Area. Eventually, the airport is sited at Umueri, in Anambra East LGA. An added advantage is that petroleum is discovered in Ogwu-Ikpele, Ogwu- Aniocha, Akili-Ogidi, in Ogbaru Local Government Area. So, the astute Governor Obiano took congnisance of these variables, and perfected an ambitious project of an International Airport for passenger and cargo transactions, to serve multiple purposes for optimal benefits to the modern generation. This is because; an Igbo adage says that “Those who have river do not wash hands with spittle.”

The size of the airport is such that it shall have filling stations for petrol, gas and aviation kerosene, so that all classes of transportation on land, air and sea, can come to Umueri to buy their needs in petrol, gas and kerosene, even for industrial and domestic purposes. It shall also have Aviation Technical College, where Anambra youths, can learn all ramifications of aviation industry and its commercialisation, as well as manufacturing and maintenance.

Recently, Captain Musa Nuhu, the Director of Nigeria Airways Authority, and his team inspected the airport at Umueri, and confirmed that it is the second largest airport in Nigeria, only second to Lagos. He certified that facilities in the airport meet international standards in quality and quantity, and so, shall be an asset to Nigeria in aviation sector.

The Committee on Aviation Transportation, of the National Assembly of the Senate and House of Representatives, also performed their “Legislative Oversight Function,” and confirmed that the airport meets the requirements as an International Passenger and Cargo Airport, and qualifies to be granted the “operational license.”

They promised to expedite action in approving the operational license, so that the executive, through the Ministry of Aviation, can give the green light for planes to fly in the airport. Among those in the “legislative visit,” are Senator Smart Adeyemi, Senator (Mrs) UcheEkwunife, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, Chinedu Obidigwe, Dozie Nwankwo, Okwudili Ezenwnkwo, etc.

In his comment, Governor Willie Obiano intimated that all the expenditure of building the airport are borne by the state, without any Kobo borrowed from any local nor foreign creditor. So, the income, when accrued, shall belong to the state, hundred percent.

This gigantic project, shall surely boost employment opportunities, both direct and indirect, from service providers, and enormously multiply revenue for the internally generated revenue (IGR), in the state.

Indeed, Governor Willie Obiano, shall take his pride of place in greatness, with Alexander The Great of Greece (336-323 BC), who built the City of Alexaandria in Egypt, as famous city of commerce and industry and also, Peter The Great of Russia (1689-1725 AD) who built modern Russia to compare favorably with America, England, Holland, etc. So, Obiano’s International Passenger/Cargo Airport, at Umueri, Anambra State, and other legacy projects, shall give Obiano a permanent seat in the ‘Hall of Greatness’ world-wide.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
post=100857716:
Folks take your time and read, ignorant mind will not understand the joy in minds
of great Anambarians and Igbos at large, we understand the multiple effects in different sectors in our economy, Anambra state without Airport racked 4th largest economy after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja by GDP, Anambra is third leading in services after Lagos and Rivers in south region, with this airport watchout Anambra in coming years

kindly read below to understand better

Anambra International Airport, Obiano's measure of greatness

WHEN Governor Willie Obiano assumed office as governor of Anambra State, on March 17, 2014, he articulated his vision as: “For the State to become the first choice investment destination and most preferred location to site new industries”.

This lofty vision, he said, should be anchored on four developmental pillars of agriculture, industrialisation, commerce/trade, oil/gas. He also conceptualised 12 enablers for achievement, and one of them is ‘airport’.

In actualising the ‘airport enabler,’ Governor Obiano could be compared to great men of history, one of them being Peter The Great of Russia. He came to the throne of Russia in 1689, and met Russia as an under-developed country, lagging behind England, Holland, Germany, etc.

At that time, it was Sea Power that reigned, and Russia had only one seaport, the Archangel Seaport at White Sea. Peter sought to increase his seaports and so conquered the Turks, and acquired the Azov Seaport in 1695. He arranged for technological transfer from England and Holland, who came and taught his people on ship-building.

He expanded the Azov Seaport to international standard. In 1697, he went to Holland and England and apprenticed himself to ship-building companies, and on return, created flourishing sea-ports, with efficient Navy, for security. Russia then became rich in maritime mercantilism and commercialisation.

When Obiano came to power in 2014, he realised that Anambra State is famous in trade/commerce and industrialization, which are among his development pillars. Onitsha, has the largest markets in Africa. Nnewi is christened as “Japan of Africa,” in manufacturing prowess.

The satellite towns of Onitsha, which are Nkpor, Obosi, Ogidi, among others have large markets. Nkpor has motor spare parts markets, Obosi has electrical markets, Ogidi has building materials markets, the Awka Capital City has educational establishments and flourishing markets, etc.

Obiano knew that airports are now superseding seaports in international transportation of cargo and passengers, and the clients of these sectors are business moguls, captains of industries, erudite academia, eminent scholars, legal luminaries, ingenious scientists, versatile engineers, ubiquitous politicians, wealthy bankers, enterprising traders, resourceful investors, church leaders, Pilgrims to Holy Lands of Jerusalem and Rome, adventurous tourists, international beauty contestants, etc. and these classes of people abound in Onitsha, Nnewi, Ogidi, Awka Capital Territory, Ekwulobia, Aguleri, Umunze, Nkpor, Obosi, etc.

In fact, the proximity of sources of raw materials and channels of distribution of goods form the determinant factors in sitting industries. That was why in 1885, British Government delegated the administration of Southern Provinces to the Royal Niger Company (RNC), and the company sited their headquarters at Asaba, present Delta State Capital. But in 1900, British Government sacked the RNC and took direct administration of Southern Provinces, transferred their headquarters to Onitsha.

Their reason was that the volume of trade was greater from Eastern Side of River Niger, where Onitsha is situated, than in Western Side of River Niger, where Asaba is situated. So, like his historical counterparts of Peter the Great of Russia in 1695, and the British colonisers in 1900, Obiano knew that the 181 communities in Anambra State, famous in all ramifications of human endeavors, have greater need of air transportation.

In addition to these variables, there are discoveries of petroleum in Enugu-Aguleri, gas in Igbariam, all in Anambra East Local Government Area. Eventually, the airport is sited at Umueri, in Anambra East LGA. An added advantage is that petroleum is discovered in Ogwu-Ikpele, Ogwu- Aniocha, Akili-Ogidi, in Ogbaru Local Government Area. So, the astute Governor Obiano took congnisance of these variables, and perfected an ambitious project of an International Airport for passenger and cargo transactions, to serve multiple purposes for optimal benefits to the modern generation. This is because; an Igbo adage says that “Those who have river do not wash hands with spittle.”

The size of the airport is such that it shall have filling stations for petrol, gas and aviation kerosene, so that all classes of transportation on land, air and sea, can come to Umueri to buy their needs in petrol, gas and kerosene, even for industrial and domestic purposes. It shall also have Aviation Technical College, where Anambra youths, can learn all ramifications of aviation industry and its commercialisation, as well as manufacturing and maintenance.

Recently, Captain Musa Nuhu, the Director of Nigeria Airways Authority, and his team inspected the airport at Umueri, and confirmed that it is the second largest airport in Nigeria, only second to Lagos. He certified that facilities in the airport meet international standards in quality and quantity, and so, shall be an asset to Nigeria in aviation sector.

The Committee on Aviation Transportation, of the National Assembly of the Senate and House of Representatives, also performed their “Legislative Oversight Function,” and confirmed that the airport meets the requirements as an International Passenger and Cargo Airport, and qualifies to be granted the “operational license.”

They promised to expedite action in approving the operational license, so that the executive, through the Ministry of Aviation, can give the green light for planes to fly in the airport. Among those in the “legislative visit,” are Senator Smart Adeyemi, Senator (Mrs) UcheEkwunife, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, Chinedu Obidigwe, Dozie Nwankwo, Okwudili Ezenwnkwo, etc.

In his comment, Governor Willie Obiano intimated that all the expenditure of building the airport are borne by the state, without any Kobo borrowed from any local nor foreign creditor. So, the income, when accrued, shall belong to the state, hundred percent.

This gigantic project, shall surely boost employment opportunities, both direct and indirect, from service providers, and enormously multiply revenue for the internally generated revenue (IGR), in the state.

Indeed, Governor Willie Obiano, shall take his pride of place in greatness, with Alexander The Great of Greece (336-323 BC), who built the City of Alexaandria in Egypt, as famous city of commerce and industry and also, Peter The Great of Russia (1689-1725 AD) who built modern Russia to compare favorably with America, England, Holland, etc. So, Obiano’s International Passenger/Cargo Airport, at Umueri, Anambra State, and other legacy projects, shall give Obiano a permanent seat in the ‘Hall of Greatness’ world-wide.

You have not answered the IGR question. I am still waiting. Daalu
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
IDENNAA:

[s]You have not answered the IGR question. I am still waiting. Daalu[/s]
Take the questin to Peter Obi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:42am On Apr 17, 2021
Anambra ranked 10th in states IGR 2020, from 26billion in 2019 to 28.01billion in 2020 despite the covid.
We really tried but more efforts has to be putting for us to be generating at least up to or more than 50billion and that will be the multiplier effect of the international Cargo and Passenger airport Umueri, Anambra and international conference center Awka, Anambra

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
Anambra ranked 10th in states IGR 2020, from 26billion in 2019 to 28.01billion in 2020 despite the covid.
We really tried but more efforts has to be putting for us to be generating at least up to or more than 50billion and that will be the multiplier effect of the international Cargo and Passenger airport Umueri, Anambra and international conference center Awka, Anambra

Without airport nor seaport, Anambra became the 4th largest economy in Nigeria and top 10 highest in IGR. Now you understand why some evil creatures are bitter, angry and frustrated about the Anambra international airport, they are jittery and scared that Anambra can compete only with Lagos and Abuja economically and developmentally.

Anambra is truly the light of the entire black race

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by WireWire22: 7:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Rocksvibes234:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by WireWire22: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2021
With the airport and conference center as Rocksvibes say Anambra will be able to generate upto 50b IGR annually, if our River is dredge for bigger vessels and daily operations that means Anambra is on high. Alot of activities will be happening in Anambra economically and we will be in nearest level with Lagos then if our ANSG put more effort and also in creating more enabling and business friendly environ that means we are at the higher level to even outgrown Lagos

imaxdocuments:

Without airport nor seaport, Anambra became the 4th largest economy in Nigeria and top 10 in Nigeria. Now you understand why some evil creatures are bitter, angry and frustrated about the Anambra international airport, they are jittery and scared that Anambra can only compete with only Lagos and Abuja economically and developmentally.

Anambra is truly the light of the entire black race

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Awka Millennium city update. More internal roads are ongoing and filling of plots to get it to level. Awka Millennium city is the only city in Nigeria with 100% covered drains. AMC is equally coming with smart security networks including CCTV, WIFI, etc. AMC is the best precinct coming to the east for the creme de la creme

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.